• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

beluga808

I tried the capsules. Unfortunately without the success I was hoping for. There is some space between the capsule and the glass. It's really not too much, but obviously enough to allow a lot of hot air travel between glass and capsule.
I'm not mad. Got high and herbs still greenish.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have put my CouchLog through the paces. I have used it as my daily driver for two weeks. I like to break-in a vape a bit before I decide about it. Also, new devices hit differently. I like trying new vapes, so a lot of devices move through my rotation. Typically though I have two regulars and I rotate through the rest as guest stars. I think I may have just added a new regular cast member. It might just be the new main character.

I want to temper my enthusiasm but I love this thing so much! I don't have any other log to compare it too, but for me the CouchLog is completely unique. @beluga808 and I were talking, and one thing we both love is how versatile it is. It's basically an injector and log all-in-one. I regret not buying the glass bowl from 420 Engineering. I am using a 14mm adapter with a screen in the joint which works well, but not perfectly. I do really love the stem as an adapter on my glass. I'm hoping that @Beefcake@420Eng can find a cheaper shipping option to the US so I can go pick it up (and maybe another MP).

I can't believe how this thing produces at the hot end. Absolute monster rips on glass. My SO was sitting next to me on the couch one night and said, "Geez Cheech, I didn't know we were hotboxing the living room." Also, the flavor is not nearly as muted at the highest temps as some of my other devices.

I typically keep it between on 3-5 during the day and only go up to about 7 in the evening. That low temp flavor also delivers. My primary factor for deciding on vapes is the flavor and the CouchLog nails it, especially below 5 on the native mouthpiece. I kind of wish I could do temp stepping, but that's not really this device's thing. Taking a hit and waiting 5 minutes to go up a step seems less than ideal, although it would probably give you more hits and flavor. I just don't have the patience so I hit a bowl at the same temp the whole session.

My device is absolutely gorgeous. The wood finish is perfect on the kingwood. I love the friction fit throughout and the assembly. I am not sure about repair-ability. I have not tried to disassemble it, but I do prefer to be able to fix things myself if possible.

I have tried the device with all my glass and even some 14mm socket stems from TRWW. Those got a little hot above 5. :lol: I am picking up an adapter to try my lamart and rbt-style stems too. I also really liked vaping the reclaim from the cooling pads. I usually don't bother with that, but this was way more tasty than expected.

I guess I might be reluctant to recommend the CL to people in the US because of the cost and shipping. There are other logs in this price range, but I can't say how it compares to those. To me it is worth every penny.

beluga808

I really like the glass bowl for water use, but I do think the stock bowl provides more even AVB.
I found the AVB gets even if I pack a full bowl tightly. But it needs at least two hits to get brown abv (I didn't go higher than 9 on the dial).
I like the glass bowl but most of the time I would like to use less herbs (like in the standard bowl) and want to finish it in one hit.
Has anyone found a way to use the glass bowl with tiny amounts and received evenly dark abv?

beluga808,

btka

take herbchamber from stem and put it on glassbowl... if I remember correct the herbchamber with o-ring fits on 14mm or 18mm female joint.... so you should not need the glassbowl

btka,
Reactions: Wozz

nitro

I just wanted reiterate, that the CouchLog is in my opinion the perfect companion to the Herborizer. The bowl of the CouchLog is significantly smaller and it works beautifully with way less material, than the Herbo. The extraction quality is comparable and handling is just more fun with the Padouk wood. I still have not used the native stem, as the injector style fits my needs better.

Simply a stunning vape, with performance that matches.

beluga808

take herbchamber from stem and put it on glassbowl... if I remember correct the herbchamber with o-ring fits on 14mm or 18mm female joint.... so you should not need the glassbowl
thanks for the reply! I use that method as well and it works great, but I like the handling & cleaning more on the glass bowl.

Edit: To avoid confusion I want to point out that the herb chamber fits in a 18 --> 14mm adapter WITHOUT o-ring

Last edited:

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Love the conversations going on here.

Couchlog has taken the reigns as my go to vape and I couldn't be happier. Anyone that has an RBT WPA laying around has got to try it out....I swear by it.

The vid is running at 5.5 on roam mode...chasing those early morning terps. Easily can crush a full load in one hit by turning it up (my case 6.0). Let me know what you think🤙

sonti

Just pulled the trigger on this one as my first log vape. Very exited to try it out in a few weeks. (Holidays until 28th it says on the website)

Anyone using it strictly without glass? Never been much of a bong guy and down own any, not sure if I feel like investing into that shortly before moving either.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Anyone using it strictly without glass? Never been much of a bong guy and down own any, not sure if I feel like investing into that shortly before moving either.
I use it with the native mouthpiece all day, but I do use it on glass in the evening. It's great on its own although, for my device, I keep it below 5. That's both for comfort and the effects I want for daytime. I think you will be completely happy if you never use it with a piece.

However, it is fantastic on a dry piece too. No need to limit yourself to a bong or water piece. I hit it on a j-hook most evenings. And if you look at the rest of this thread you can see how it can really fill up a glass piece. So, I do use it with glass, but not the majority of the time.

The thing I love about this device is that it is versatile. So I think that means some folks will never use it as an injector-type vape. Which is great for them because it's a top-notch log.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Apologies for the back-to-back posts, but I just was hitting the CL and thought I should share. The 14mm non-frosted adapter from TRWW works pretty great as a glass bowl for this device. It's a little tricky placing a dome screen down there evenly, but works great for smallish loads. Sometime I'll pull the trigger on the Official 420 Eng glass bowl, but this is great for those in the US.

beluga808

I used the 18-->14mm adapter yesterday with a rimmed basket screen at the 18mm part. Filled flower on top and put the CL directly into the adapter. This works really well with small amounts! Thanks to @Beefcake@420Eng for the suggestion ;)

The 14mm non-frosted adapter from TRWW works pretty great as a glass bowl for this device.
That one is looking nice! I'm wondering if an 18-->14mm adapter exists in a non frosted version? I like to see my herbs :lol: If someone knows a place where to get them please let me know.

Edit: Just found out that rimless baskets also work in the adapter. Will test that setup later today.

Adapter with rimmed / rimless basket screen

Happy 420 to everyone! :leaf:

Last edited:

beluga808

This could be interesting for anyone who thinks the stock bowl is nice, but could be a bit bigger. I used a basket screen directly in the stem and removed the screen from the herb chamber. You just need to be a little careful when tamping down the load or brushing out the chamber, but the basket has actually a pretty tight fit. So it's just something to keep in mind :)

beluga808

@beluga808 interesting, but did you have to bump up the temp since the herb is farther away from the heater now?
No. The herbs are still in the same distance. The herb chamber still gets filled up the regular way. The bowl just doesn't stop at the end of the chamber but gets deeper by the depth of the basket screen :)

Edit: Now I think I understood what you was asking @letter never sent . It's true, the deepest point of the chamber is deeper than before. I haven't increased the temperature though. The ABV is also quite even, so I haven't seen the need of bumping up temps.

Last edited:

sonti

I feel a little dumb for asking this, but can someone tell me how to disassemble the chamber from the mouthpiece? I am trying to remove the cooling pad to try it without (and also gonna need to disassemble at some point to clean) but it seems stuck and I only used it a few times. I tried to get it out for 10 minutes :|

other than that my first impressions are pretty good, but i need some more time

sonti,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I feel a little dumb for asking this, but can someone tell me how to disassemble the chamber from the mouthpiece? I am trying to remove the cooling pad to try it without (and also gonna need to disassemble at some point to clean) but it seems stuck and I only used it a few times. I tried to get it out for 10 minutes :|

other than that my first impressions are pretty good, but i need some more time
It's just a friction fit. I just pinch the chamber with my fingers and turn the MP. If it is still hot it may have expanded a bit.

You could try using some flat pliers to gently hold the chamber. I would just keep at it with your hands if it were me though.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: danjens

sonti

It's just a friction fit. I just pinch the chamber with my fingers and turn the MP. If it is still hot it may have expanded a bit.

You could try using some flat pliers to gently hold the chamber. I would just keep at it with your hands if it were me though.
I dont know what I did to this chamber but I cannot get it out, must have pressed it in way too much or something, it doesnt move 1 inch

sonti,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I dont know what I did to this chamber but I cannot get it out, must have pressed it in way too much or something
Could be. I have had a tight fit before. But wiggling and turning it gently brought it loose. I will be curious to see what was holding it in place once you get it out.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: sonti

sonti

Could be. I have had a tight fit before. But wiggling and turning it gently brought it loose. I will be curious to see what was holding it in place once you get it out.
I will let you know if I find out, as for now It looks like im never getting it out :lol:

sonti,
Top Bottom