@buckhakeesah I've noticed the same things, but yeah, they're pretty minor. The wire thing has happened to me once or twice. I thought my log bricked the first time it happened lol. And yeah, I've had the screen pop out a few times while stirring. On the bright side, it's easy to pop the screen out for a quick brushing - I find it can be a bit tough to brush the screen effectively while it's in the bowl, since the bowl is fairly deep and narrow. I'm excited to get the glass bowl for sure.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
My CouchLog arrived yesterday. It has a strong "varnish" smell to it, so I decided to do a 12-24 hour burn-off by just leaving it plugged in with the empty stem sitting on it. After about 30 minutes, a thick sticky black substance started sweating from the stem. I got the olive/grenadill wood with the grenadill stem. Is that just sap from this kind of wood? Images to follow.
The smell will go away over some time. The natural oil/wax mixture is not used inside the airpath.
You shouldn't let the mouthpiece sit on top of the log. Please send me a picture of the mouthpiece, so i can help you out.

Weedaholic

My bloodwood couchlog arrived safe today.

Didn't have much time to use it yet....just had about 4 bowls so far at about 7 threw water..
So first impression...this is a little powerhouse of a log vape. looks beautiful and feels great but most of all it' works great.
Got to say the glass bowl fits like a glove for the couchlog too.
I can see this being one of my daily drivers for sure.
I love there's no restriction and it's not like sucking threw a straw..

So for the next few days i will put it threw it hell and see how it performs but so far so good.

So thank you for everything @Beefcake@420Eng You have a great product.

Have a great day bro.

I'm sure il be back for another one sooner then i think.

JOHN GALT

Old world craftsmanship as well as the very best in twenty-first century vaporization
Absolutely gorgeous!

Herbert is another of the top artists & craftsman, as well as electricians, entrepreneurs, and original thinkers, not to mention all the other really special people in this great community who say FU to combustion, and the harm that it does to the environment!

Texus

Get an oak one then! (Same material as controller)
If I was looking for a lighter wood color, then I'd do that. And yet I am not.

But now that I give it some thought, if doing a PSU in every wood isn't feasible, maybe a nice alternative option that would be more manageable would be having a light wood and dark wood option for PSU.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Get an oak one then! (Same material as controller)
The lack of matching wood at this point does not bother me at all (I don’t need matchy matchy, and it’s good quality oak). In fact, I don’t even think about it as I used the magnetic feature to mount it under my desk. Reduces clutter and is still fully functional while tucked away. It’s the second best looking vape power supply I own, and puts standard black plastic bricks to shame.

JollyGreenGiant

The lack of matching wood at this point does not bother me at all (I don’t need matchy matchy, and it’s good quality oak). In fact, I don’t even think about it as I used the magnetic feature to mount it under my desk. Reduces clutter and is still fully functional while tucked away. It’s the second best looking vape power supply I own, and puts standard black plastic bricks to shame.
To each their own. The mismatch drives me bonkers. 😂

Texus

To each their own. The mismatch drives me bonkers. 😂
Concur. For you would my idea of having just light and dark wood power supply options be sufficient?

For me, I'm just not a light wood guy. So as long as it isn't so light, I'm all good.

But we are talking about a $400+ device here. Don't think it is too much to ask for at minimum a dark wood option at this price point. Tho of course these things take time and I certainly understand that it just might be a while until this can be achieved.

Texus

Yes, im pretty sure they will be available in the future. But this could take a while. :) :)
Very cool. Look forward to that. If you feel like you want to goose sales now, maybe a trade-in program? Or maybe those in this boat just select the cheaper power supply until other wood varieties come out.

And very cool prototype. If that glass was dimpled you could have even more cooling. If the part inside the wood is long enough to make it worth it.

Very cool stuff.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
The sun finally decided to shine in the northeastern US. The spring weather called for some cold brew & Couchlog.

Starting to dial in the experience, and I really enjoy it wet thru a bong at 5.75. It has streamlined my vaping experience by being on most of the day. I really admire this heavy hitting log, and I am absolutely sold on the form factor.

Only true gripe is I like a larger bowl size, resulting in the stem taking a backseat. Heat retention seems good, I can usually get a few bowls w/ three hits each to clear when using the RBT WPA.

Thing catches a lot of speculation due to price, and I must admit it is expensive. This is a hobbyist space though, and if it was purely a market on price per function then the market would be filled with DIY ball vapes only...thoughts?

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The sun finally decided to shine in the northeastern US. The spring weather called for some cold brew & Couchlog.

Starting to dial in the experience, and I really enjoy it wet thru a bong at 5.75. It has streamlined my vaping experience by being on most of the day. I really admire this heavy hitting log, and I am absolutely sold on the form factor.

Only true gripe is I like a larger bowl size, resulting in the stem taking a backseat. Heat retention seems good, I can usually get a few bowls w/ three hits each to clear when using the RBT WPA.

Thing catches a lot of speculation due to price, and I must admit it is expensive. This is a hobbyist space though, and if it was purely a market on price per function then the market would be filled with DIY ball vapes only...thoughts?
When using your RBT WPA, are you joint packing the WPA with a traditional screen, or using a basket screen?

JollyGreenGiant

Update: My DOA Couch Log power supply was replaced today, and the accessories that were left out of the first order on accident were included, along with a glass 18mm bowl adapter as a nice gesture for the issues. Side note - the glass adapter does not come with a screen btw - it's just a straight shot tube, so order up some screens with it if you pick one up.

I plugged it in and.... it's working! While longevity will need to be determined with the test of time, I can attest that Chris took care of me when I ran into issues. He was responsive and easy to work with, really seemed to care (and no hyperbole - was horrified I had an issue), his shipping speed on replacement parts was reasonable and his resolution with the freebie accessory included was a nice touch. Am I happy I had to deal with a dead unit? Of course not, but his stellar handling of the issue made it at worst, a neutral experience overall. I can't guarantee every issue that every Couch Log customer will experience will be dealt with so satisfactorily, but let this stand as one documented positive customer support experience.

So - I warmed it up, and played with it a bit today. Below are some misc High's and Sigh's from my initial experiences, so take them with a grain of salt, and they're subject to change.

High's
1. At setting 4, and 4.5, with both cooling pads installed at the same time, the hits to me were very cool for the size of the monster rips (4.5), and even reminded me of the Tafee Bowle in terms of approachability on setting 4.
2. With the aforementioned settings I could clear a full, packed bowl in ~2-3 (big) hits and it smacks much harder than my three other log vapes. It reminds me of TinyMight hits most (but with 25% more vapor) - however with both cooling pads in the Couch Log - the hits are cooler on the Couch Log. Again - very approachable for how hard it hits, with the aforementioned settings - you can comfortably blow some monster room filling clouds on 4.5 that hit like a freight train without a water piece. That's unique - and kind of a big deal.
3. The flavor is a lot better than I expected it to be. At least in the wood I selected - the wood flavor is there - but it wasn't distracting or diminishing the core flavors. It's not as flavorful as the Tafee Bowle, or the TinyMight with a J-hook - but it's good enough and clears a (larger?) bowl faster than both and generates bigger clouds.

Sigh's
1. With two cooling pads installed airflow is restricted and you do feel like you're drinking a milkshake through a straw,
2. It very much feels like someone made this in their garage... much more so than the Vapbong. I don't mean this in a pejorative manner - but with the weird array of mismatched parts and cords/cables, the different colored/type of wood on the temp controller vs log (It gets worse the more you look at it, not better), the poor fitting cooling "pads" you have to jam in with the tamp tool, the tamp tool basically being a golf tee, the funnel being an ugly looking, unfinished 3d printed piece of white plastic, the ill fitting plugs which don't fit flush and often magically unplug themselves, the list goes on. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and many will find it charming, but having this whole setup out, with two sets of cords, two mismatched separate wood pieces, the golf tee, the funnel and the matching wood stem is an awful lot of kit, including quite a few small, easy to lose/break pieces that are all mismatched and loose - isn't going to give you the impression this is "productized."
3. The hot unit emits a light "varnish" like scent - but this might go away in time.

Suggestions:
1. For the love of god, make matching temp controllers! Even if you only make a few dozen of these things - I don't think you want your vision shared with the world looking mismatched and amateurish. You have a solid product, and you're so close to it being a great product. Don't let good enough be the enemy of great.
2. Consider higher quality cords - especially from the controller to the log, as that will be interfaced with the user - the user will see it often, and touch it with every use. Make this cord a quality braided cord, that fits completely and snugly into both the unit and the controller - and combined with suggestion 1 above - it'll instantly look and feel like a device worthy of its price tag.
3. Sell a very small, matching wood accessory holder. A vertical drilled hole to put one of the stems, another smaller hole to put the "tamping tool" in and a third to put the funnel. Want extra points? Add a small closeable space to store extra springs, o-rings, etc.

Overall - I think this has lived up to be absolutely everything Chris has positioned it to be. It doesn't hit as hard or effortlessly as a Vapbong, but I'd put it in the general ballpark as a Herborizer, and it's doing it just as easily on the throat, but dry - not through water like the other two. It is also a much smaller and safer format. If I had to rank all my desktops right now, I'd put my Vapbong as #1, the Couch Log #2, the Volcano Hybrid #3 and the Herborizer Ti #4. If you want monster, wide open thunder and lightning rips - the Vapbong is a no brainer. If you want a much smaller, lighter and more discreet setup, that's less likely to break/spill and you'd prefer not to deal with water or much cleaning, this tiny little log sure works wonders.

With a few tweaks - this Couch Log stands to be an incredibly compelling offering. Perhaps even.... the best.

Last edited:
@JollyGreenGiant Phew, I was scared to read your impressions after reading about your first encounter with the VapBong. :lol: Glad to hear you are digging it! Which wood did you go with? I definitely agree with your suggestions for improvements, though those particular complaints haven't bugged me quite as much.

I just got my glass bowl in today. It didn't come with a screen, so I had to improvise and cut a VapBong screen to fit. Eventually figured that out. Also realized I needed to bump the temp up a bit. I run around 7 through water with the standard bowl. Here I'm at 8.5... this is a 14mm injector ball vape now!

Pre and post shots:

JollyGreenGiant

@JollyGreenGiant Phew, I was scared to read your impressions after reading about your first encounter with the VapBong. :lol: Glad to hear you are digging it! Which wood did you go with? I definitely agree with your suggestions for improvements, though those particular complaints haven't bugged me quite as much.

I just got my glass bowl in today. It didn't come with a screen, so I had to improvise and cut a VapBong screen to fit. Eventually figured that out. Also realized I needed to bump the temp up a bit. I run around 7 through water with the standard bowl. Here I'm at 8.5... this is a 14mm injector ball vape now!

Pre and post shots:

@letter never sent - I went with Kingwood (pics in post 270). Awesome videos, those are monster rips. Makes me want to pull out my Herborizer Sphere water piece and give it a go. The lack of screen is a little odd though - realistically, I don’t think I care enough to figure out the screen issue, and will probably never use it.

beluga808

The lack of screen is a little odd though
It didn't come with a screen
weird, because the website says it comes with a 15mm screen. Maybe he just forgot them in your packages? :shrug:
Most probably I receive my delivery today, I will let you know if I had luck with the screen :)

Edit:
Awesome videos, those are monster rips.
I wanted to mention this as well! It looks so satisfying. Watched it a few times in a row and just enjoyed it :clap:

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
The glasbowl normally comes with screens. Im sorry they were missing. Shouldn't happen again. Get some 15mm screens on Amazon or something else, we will pay for it. Just write me an pm.

@JollyGreenGiant
Thanks for your feedback, were working on most of the points you mentioned.
The cooling pads should sit in wider part of the mouthpiece. As shown in the manual or the video on YouTube.

this is a 14mm injector ball vape now!
Thanks perfect video as always!

nitro

I am completely blown away by the efficiency, cloud production and pure joy of use of this little log.

I have been wanting a log vape for a couple of years, but since I am living in Europe they were really hard to come by. I‘m on Alan‘s waitlist for a HI since beginning of 2019, but was always hesitant due to customs. And now finally there is a suitable possibility to obtain one… and what a possibility this is!

As I have stated before, the craftsmanship is outstanding and due to the form factor and haptics it is simply fun to hold and use. I just got to try it the first time yesterday and have been using the glass bowl exclusively, in a rather similar fashion to my beloved Herborizer Ti. Operating like this it compliments the Herbo perfectly, as it really is an impeccable 14mm injector ball vape.

I am going to take some pictures, although I doubt those will reach the production value from @JollyGreenGiant. I really enjoy the symmetrical, bird‘s-eye view pic by the way.

Texus

I am completely blown away by the efficiency, cloud production and pure joy of use of this little log.

I have been wanting a log vape for a couple of years, but since I am living in Europe they were really hard to come by. I‘m on Alan‘s waitlist for a HI since beginning of 2019, but was always hesitant due to customs. And now finally there is a suitable possibility to obtain one… and what a possibility this is!

As I have stated before, the craftsmanship is outstanding and due to the form factor and haptics it is simply fun to hold and use. I just got to try it the first time yesterday and have been using the glass bowl exclusively, in a rather similar fashion to my beloved Herborizer Ti. Operating like this it compliments the Herbo perfectly, as it really is an impeccable 14mm injector ball vape.

I am going to take some pictures, although I doubt those will reach the production value from @JollyGreenGiant. I really enjoy the symmetrical, bird‘s-eye view pic by the way.
Can you say more about how you find it complements the Herborizer?

Texus,
Reactions: nitro
Top Bottom