• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Palm 2.0

JPB

Been using mine for few days now. It's like mflb but smaller indeed. Today I tried covering the slots above battery and it slowed airflow a tiny bit. I then covered the slot hinge on back with my finger and it diminished airflow a bit, but now there is no leakage above the trench. Bit of tape on the hinge, now its easy to pull visible hits. Slow on up and it starts to combust, the taste is key.. When it starts to go popcorn, pull battery for 1-2 seconds don't hit it, shake it, then if one is careful one can resume the hit.. Big cloud results and I'm coughing. Abv is just about to turn black, more night brown color. I like its ergonomics. The mouthpiece that falls out should just be molded to cover... I glued mine in.. It made a better seal, too. No leaks up top now. It vapes so much better too. Mflb goes to my relax and nostalgic vape mode now... Every night too I may add.. The palm2 will be my out and about stealth unit.. No pipes to carry round. Holds enough for 2 good rips and 4 little ones ( used in shopping mode). Loadin her up now.. Be cool

Edit just loaded it right up, tamped it down too. Testing see.. Report after dinner..

It not as good. Fill as directed better. It will work upside down like its overfilled. Keep trench like mflb for best results I find. Nice vape

JPB,
Reactions: Tweek

arrr

JRB Thanks for the advise i will try covering the air vents. Any other advise you have to get a better hit please share. Also just to confirm when i draw on the palm i should be looking at the ground to keep the trench horizontal and the butt end of the battery pointing toward my body? Thanks again.

arrr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Been using mine for few days now. It's like mflb but smaller indeed. Today I tried covering the slots above battery and it slowed airflow a tiny bit. I then covered the slot hinge on back with my finger and it diminished airflow a bit, but now there is no leakage above the trench. Bit of tape on the hinge, now its easy to pull visible hits. Slow on up and it starts to combust, the taste is key.. When it starts to go popcorn, pull battery for 1-2 seconds don't hit it, shake it, then if one is careful one can resume the hit.. Big cloud results and I'm coughing. Abv is just about to turn black, more night brown color. I like its ergonomics. The mouthpiece that falls out should just be molded to cover... I glued mine in.. It made a better seal, too. No leaks up top now. It vapes so much better too. Mflb goes to my relax and nostalgic vape mode now... Every night too I may add.. The palm2 will be my out and about stealth unit.. No pipes to carry round. Holds enough for 2 good rips and 4 little ones ( used in shopping mode). Loadin her up now.. Be cool

Edit just loaded it right up, tamped it down too. Testing see.. Report after dinner..

It not as good. Fill as directed better. It will work upside down like its overfilled. Keep trench like mflb for best results I find. Nice vape

It's not really smaller than the LB, it's actually bigger. It's longer even without the stem tip, and it's wider and taller. As I said, the difference really isn't significant. I've never tried covering the air inlets. The pull on the P2 is fairly easy—not completely freeflow but not really restricted either. I don't find that blocking the air inlets makes much difference in terms of draw. You can block both the inlets and the hinge slot just by the way you hold the P2. You get thicker clouds because this slows the airflow, but you also run a greater risk of combustion.

It's not as good upside down because obviously the load falls away from heated screen. It also won't work well when you pack it down because that makes it difficult for the material in the middle of the pack to vapourize, since it can't move around and come into contact with the screen.

JRB Thanks for the advise i will try covering the air vents. Any other advise you have to get a better hit please share. Also just to confirm when i draw on the palm i should be looking at the ground to keep the trench horizontal and the butt end of the battery pointing toward my body? Thanks again.

No no no the battery must point away from you! Away! Only heretics point the battery towards them.

That's a good way to do it but it's far from the only way. The ability to hit the P2 in almost any orientation is one of the advances over the LB design. The top screen traps the load so that a good portion is always in contact with the heating screen. Upside down is just taking it a bit too far though.

arrr

Paka i have a 4 2400 mAh Duracell batteries however they do not work when i put them in the Palm. Any ideas as to why, i did strip the label off. Also i was wondering are you guys able to produce vapor as this guy can with the MFLB see link for the video

JRB can you post a pick of your palm where you put the piece of tape?

arrr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Paka i have a 4 2400 mAh Duracell batteries however they do not work when i put them in the Palm. Any ideas as to why, i did strip the label off. Also i was wondering are you guys able to produce vapor as this guy can with the MFLB see link for the video

JRB can you post a pick of your palm where you put the piece of tape?

Just to be sure, they were Duracell 2400 mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries, right? If yes, did they come charged?

Yes you can produce vapour with the P2 the same way Vitolo was doing it. He's chaining a lot of micro-hits (little puffs) with a couple of pauses to shake things up and avoid combustion. Building a cloud this way will use up your trench faster, of course.

JPB is putting the tape across the two inlets slots that you can see in this picture:

O3hYph.jpg

While I'm posting pics, I might as well include this one, which illustrates what I was calling the pipe position:

hNq8jh.jpg

This is the way I hold the P2 to hit it most of the time.

arrr

Thanks Paka the battery i am using states in large print "Duracell Rechargeable 2400 mAH" it also says in smaller print "AA / HR6 / DC1500 NiMH / 1.2V". I don't really know to much about batteries but they are fully charged according to the charger and i have confirmed they work in my tv controller but they did not work in the P2.

Also are you saying that you have pulled as much vapor as Vitolo pulled with the MFLB in the video. If that's the case i have work on my technique, but if i am able to pull that much vapor i think i will be happy. I have been regretting my purchase and kinda wish i purchased the MFLB, however i cannot return the P2 (should have read the return policy 1st).

Lastly about the vents, JBP said "Today I tried covering the slots above battery and it slowed airflow a tiny bit. I then covered the slot hinge on back with my finger and it diminished airflow a bit, but now there is no leakage above the trench. Bit of tape on the hinge, now its easy to pull visible hits." This seems to me that he was covering two areas of the P2 the first being the two slots as shown in your pic and the other being some hinge that he eventually taped to cover it permanently. I did not see any hinge to tape down that's why i was asking.

Thanks again for your help.

arrr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks Paka the battery i am using states in large print "Duracell Rechargeable 2400 mAH" it also says in smaller print "AA / HR6 / DC1500 NiMH / 1.2V". I don't really know to much about batteries but they are fully charged according to the charger and i have confirmed they work in my tv controller but they did not work in the P2.

Also are you saying that you have pulled as much vapor as Vitolo pulled with the MFLB in the video. If that's the case i have work on my technique, but if i am able to pull that much vapor i think i will be happy. I have been regretting my purchase and kinda wish i purchased the MFLB, however i cannot return the P2 (should have read the return policy 1st).

Lastly about the vents, JBP said "Today I tried covering the slots above battery and it slowed airflow a tiny bit. I then covered the slot hinge on back with my finger and it diminished airflow a bit, but now there is no leakage above the trench. Bit of tape on the hinge, now its easy to pull visible hits." This seems to me that he was covering two areas of the P2 the first being the two slots as shown in your pic and the other being some hinge that he eventually taped to cover it permanently. I did not see any hinge to tape down that's why i was asking.

Thanks again for your help.

If the batteries that came with the P2 are working then the only reason I can think of for the Duracells not to work is that the diameter is slightly too small. Some batteries are too small for the LB and you have to twist them in order to get them to make contact. Batteries that are snug in my LB are loose in my P2, so I can see some batteries being difficult to impossible to use in the P2.

There's only one hinge and it's holding the two halves together.

pakalolo,

arrr

Do you know what 2400 battery you are using. I may purchase some if it means i can get better use out of my P2.

arrr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Do you know what 2400 battery you are using. I may purchase some if it means i can get better use out of my P2.

The 2400 I use is the Powerex Imedion, which is the battery that comes with the MFLB.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

OF

J

While I'm posting pics, I might as well include this one, which illustrates what I was calling the pipe position:

hNq8jh.jpg

This is the way I hold the P2 to hit it most of the time.

Funny, I hold mine about the same way, only the other way around. That is, battery down with the writing upside down and out of sight. Makes seeing the light easier, too.

OF

OF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Funny, I hold mine about the same way, only the other way around. That is, battery down with the writing upside down and out of sight. Makes seeing the light easier, too.

OF

Ahhh, but my way you can see the vapour, much more important! I win!

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
You should get the palm 2.0 :) is that a new unit for $75?

BTW! Any of you guys going to hempcon this weekend in Cali?

TherealVaporblunt,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I just ordered one of these from a Vaporblunt authorized dealer on ebay for $65, I am really stoked! I read through the entire thread and it looks like a fun device. The reviews seem quite positive, I wonder why this hasn't had more attention? The price point is low enough, I am surprised there isn't 100 or more pages on this. I suppose the market is saturated right now with new portables, but this looks pretty sweet for the money. It should be here by Friday, I will make a video and leave a review on first thoughts.

Dogman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just ordered one of these from a Vaporblunt authorized dealer on ebay for $65, I am really stoked! I read through the entire thread and it looks like a fun device. The reviews seem quite positive, I wonder why this hasn't had more attention? The price point is low enough, I am surprised there isn't 100 or more pages on this. I suppose the market is saturated right now with new portables, but this looks pretty sweet for the money. It should be here by Friday, I will make a video and leave a review on first thoughts.

I look forward to your review.

Edit: WTF, xenForo ate my post. I'll retype.

It is definitely a fun device, but in both price and form factor, the P2 is up against a giant in the industry: the Magic-Flight Launch Box. The LB has been around a lot longer and has attracted a large and loyal following. I don't know any sales figures but I'm willing to be that the are a few orders of magnitude more LBs out there than P2s.

Compared head-to-head, I think the P2 has purer flavour and can stretch your stash even further than the LB, which already has a reputation for efficiency. That's not nearly enough to attract much attention away from the LB though.

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I have an MFLB and love it! I use it mainly for keif. I have always had lots of keif, but never a great way to vaporize it. I was watching the MFLB thread and since it works better eith a very fine grind, I bought one to try with keif, and have fallen in love with it. I put just a little in the trough, and after the first hit the keif turns into a airy ball of hash that will not move around in the trough, allowing me to grab a couple of hits and throw it back in my pocket without worries about spills.

I will most likely be trying this one with keif, although with the extra screen I will see how well it does with a courser grind. I am a flavor man myself, and have not been thrilled with the flavor from the MFLB, part of my decision to order this had to do with your flavor recommendation Paka, I am very anxious to try this out, thank you for your reply!

Dogman,

Phizix

I was trying to wait for the Black Stage 2 Flashvape to get back in stock but V.A.S. got the better of me and I just ordered one of these little guys from vapeworld.

I saw that ebay ad for $65 but I just felt safer using a retail store I know I can trust in case there were any issues. The ad was actually for $79.99 with "bonuses" but the seller said you could "ask to remove the bonuses" and get it for $65. Vapeworld matched the advertised price of $79.99 which is significantly lower than the general advertised retail price of $109... awesome! I could have got it for $65 like Dogman but at least I feel safer this way :)

I never had a launch box so I am really looking forward to playing with this thing. I have really been wanting something that I can hit once, put down, then hit again later while being fairly conservative, flavorful and portable. Will post a short review and maybe a short video when I receive it if no one else has by then.

Phizix,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I was trying to wait for the Black Stage 2 Flashvape to get back in stock but V.A.S. got the better of me and I just ordered one of these little guys from vapeworld.

I saw that ebay ad for $65 but I just felt safer using a retail store I know I can trust in case there were any issues. The ad was actually for $79.99 with "bonuses" but the seller said you could "ask to remove the bonuses" and get it for $65. Vapeworld matched the advertised price of $79.99 which is significantly lower than the general advertised retail price of $109... awesome! I could have got it for $65 like Dogman but at least I feel safer this way :)

I never had a launch box so I am really looking forward to playing with this thing. I have really been wanting something that I can hit once, put down, then hit again later while being fairly conservative, flavorful and portable. Will post a short review and maybe a short video when I receive it if no one else has by then.
Welcome to the squad!!

TherealVaporblunt,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Hey gang!

I received my Palm 2.0 on Wednesday of last week. I will post a video in the next day or so, but I wanted to give my first impressions on this unit. I ordered the clear Palm, and loved it the minute I opened the box. It came with a nice cleaning brush, one piece of a black pipe cleaner, two tips, one clear and non flavored, the other a bright green, mint flavored. It also came with a wall charger and a velveteen pouch, that I put in my very first velveteen pouch that I keep all my other brand new, never used velveteen pouches in. If anyone needs an extra velveteen pouch, let me know, I will send you a couple for free just so I don't look like a pouch hoarder.

When I opened the box, I was quite impressed with the P2.0. It is a bit larger than the MFLB, but I thought the shape was more ergonomic than the MFLB, and a little easier to hide in my hand, which I have relatively small hands. I threw the batteries on charge and while waiting for them, I grabbed a MFLB battery and thought I would put it through its paces. I have not used either one of the tips yet, I plan on sticking this in my pocket, and the tip will just come off in my pocket and piss me off, so I decided not to use one.

I am a big fan of keif in my MFLB, it seems the finer the grind, the better the clouds, so I dumped about 1/5th of a trough of keif in and powered it up. I have to agree with Paka, the push back ring in the bottom is VERY stiff and takes quite a bit of pressure to make contact with the terminal. It took a few more seconds to warm up than the MFLB, maybe 5, but gave a very nice, clean flavored hit. I was quite impressed with the flavor. I have quite a few vapes, and the flavor from conduction vapes never seems to get it for me. I don't know if it is because of the lower trough temperature(?), but the flavor on the first 4 or 5 hits was excellent, an 8 in my book.

I do not mean to make my comparisons all to MFLB, but it has a similar trough design to the MFLB, and a similar power source, but that is really where the comparison ends.

Part of the reason I like to use keif so much is that after the first hit, the keif turns into an airy little ball of sticky hash, and will stay in the trough no matter what you do to break it loose. I get anywhere from 10 to 15 hits and never have to shake or move around the keif. The hits from the P2.0 are not as big as the hits from the MFLB, but they are delicious and potent. I got very nicely medicated from one trough full. I am going to love having this in my pocket, plenty of tasty hits and goes well in the pocket without a lot of bulk. Although I will admit the flavor kind of went south after the first 4 or 5 hits.

I do not use much ground bud material in my MFLB, but the second screen made me want to try it, so I packed another trough with some finely ground bud and took it for another ride. I really liked the second screen for being able to shake it and move the blend around, but the second screen got very sticky very fast and started trapping some of the bud away from the heating screen, which was kind of a pain in the ass. I ended up having to clean the screen in ISO after just one trough full. Needless to say, I think for myself this will be a keif only machine.

It feels good and solid in your hand, though the door may come open if dropped on the ground, spilling your load everywhere, but the size and shape will help keep it in the smallest of hands. I really like the construction and design, and it seems like this unit is a little harder to combust with, so it may be a nice choice for beginners. It does not produce big clouds, but it delivers a potent enough vapor stream to make me cough.

I think the P2.0 and I are going to become really good friends, another nice little 'one hitter' style vape in an excellent price range for about everyone. I am proud to have this one in my collection, I know I will get some excellent usage out of it. Thank you VaporBlunt, you hit one out of the park on this one!

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I just finished a video review for this, I am uploading it to Youtube as we speak. I should have it up here in a few hours.

Dogman,
Top Bottom