Manufacturers and retailers: Please read the relevant rules at the bottom of the page
About These Rules
Be nice. Let’s have some engaging and intelligent discussion. This, along with basic forum etiquette covers many of the following rules. However you are advised to read them as all members will be held to them. Thank you, enjoy the clouds!
- These rules exist to keep the forum fun, informative, and manageable.
- These rules may be changed at any time without notice.
- Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
- Please do not try to circumvent the rules, they are flexible.
- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
- If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post.
- Forum moderators may leave notes on posts to remind members of forum rules. Do not edit, remove, or impersonate these modnotes. Do not edit a post after a modnote has been added.
- Being intoxicated is not an acceptable excuse for breaking the rules.
- If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.
- Check out our chat room for a less formal, more free-form environment. Chatroom rules.
- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
- No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Be nice to newbies.
- Liking flame posts by clicking the corresponding “Like” button is strongly discouraged and may result in a warning point depending on the situation.
- Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
- No trolling. Please do not make posts that disrupt the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
- No offensive material. Please do not make posts that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.
- This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents.
- Multiple accounts are not allowed. One account per member. If you believe you have a valid reason for having more than one account from the same IP address please contact staff beforehand. Failure to do so may result in a ban.
- If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
- Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.
- We don’t use affiliate links here. Don’t post them or link to sites that use them.
- “Suport my cause” and “Visit my site” type posts are not allowed without prior approval from staff.
- No selling or soliciting items on the forum. The only exception is the Classifieds section, which is the only place on the forum you may mention items you may have for sale or trade. This includes messages in profiles, signatures, etc.
- Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.
- Topics concerning the cultivation of cannabis are not permitted.
- The discussion of hard drugs is discouraged.
- No discussion of selling drugs or looking for buyer/seller contacts.
- No warez discussion.
- FC does not condone any illegal activity. You are responsible for knowing your local and national laws and the legality of your actions.
General Forum Etiquette
- Lurk before posting. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.
- Read threads before posting in them. Thread rules may be outlined in the first post.
- Stay on topic. Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions.
- No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations.
- When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts.
- No bumping. Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Be patient.
- When using the quote feature please don’t quote more than is necessary.
- Do not use a huge, annoying or distracting signature or avatar.
General Posting Guidelines
- Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.
- Put some effort into your posting. Before creating a thread or posting a reply, please ask yourself: “Am I making a thread which is either funny, informative, or interesting? Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion? Is it on topic?”. Avoid making a new thread that consists of a link or copy/paste without adding a decent personal summary.
- Use a meaningful and descriptive title for your threads. Don’t be vague or misleading.
- Don’t make short posts that offer no significant content, or post for the sake of increasing your post count.
- Please try to stay within your area of experience when commenting or advising.
- Do not state opinion as fact. We don’t want to spread misinformation.
Members that break the rules may be issued one or more warning points depending on the severity of the infraction, and/or have their posts edited or removed. Abuse of specific privileges may result in the revocation of said privileges, in these cases staff will provide a warning. Evading a ban by registering a new account will result in a permanent ban on all associated accounts.
- 1st warning - warned
- 2nd warning - 3 day ban
- 3rd warning - 7 day ban
- 4th warning - 15 day ban
- 5th warning - permanent ban
Manufacturers and Retailers
- Please contact vtac for account approval before posting. This applies to anyone with a commercial interest and is mandatory. Posting before approval is obtained may result in a ban.
- Manufacturers are welcome to make an official thread for their product to answer questions and interact with customers, but should be prepared for a gauntlet of questions and comments.
- Retailers are permitted to participate in discussions, but advertising (anything even resembling it) is only permitted in the Retailer Announcements thread and will not be tolerated elsewhere.