Manufacturers and retailers: Please read the relevant rules at the bottom of the page
About These Rules
Be nice. Let’s have some engaging and intelligent discussion. This along with basic forum etiquette covers many of the following rules; however, please read on, as all members will be held to the following rules. Thank you and enjoy the clouds!
- These rules exist to keep the forum fun, informative, and manageable.
- These rules may be changed at any time without notice.
- Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
- Please do not try to circumvent the rules, they are flexible.
- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
- If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post.
- Forum moderators may leave notes on posts to remind members of forum rules. Do not edit, remove, or impersonate these modnotes. Do not edit a post after a modnote has been added.
- Being intoxicated is not an acceptable excuse for breaking the rules.
- If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.
- Check out our chat room for a less formal, more free-form environment. Chatroom rules.
- By posting on fuckcombustion.com you authorize the site’s administration to use any content you post as they see fit.
- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
- No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Be nice to newbies.
- Liking flame posts by clicking the corresponding “Like” button is strongly discouraged and may result in a warning point depending on the situation.
- Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
- Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
- Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
- Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
- No trolling. Please do not make posts that disrupt the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
- No offensive material. Please do not make posts that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.
- This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents.
- Multiple accounts are not allowed. One account per member.
- If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
- Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.
- We do not attempt to moderate private communication on the site. You can leave existing conversations by clicking the "Leave Conversation" link. New conversations from a user can be rejected by using the Ignore feature on that user.
- Any posts made to promote a specific agenda, to gain publicity, promote a cause, etc., must be pre-approved by staff.
- Contests and giveaways must take place in the Contests section. Please contact vtac for more information.
- We don’t use affiliate/referral links here. Please do not post them or link to sites that use them, especially in your profile or signature.
- No selling or soliciting items on the forum. The only exception is the Classifieds section, which is the only public area on the forum where you can mention that you have (or may have) items for sale or trade. It is also the only public area where you can request to buy items. If you would like to direct a member to a classified ad please use the private conversation system.
- Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.
- Topics concerning the cultivation of cannabis are not permitted.
- The discussion of hard drugs is discouraged.
- No discussion of selling drugs or looking for buyer/seller contacts.
- No warez discussion.
- FC does not condone any illegal activity. You are responsible for knowing your local and national laws and the legality of your actions.
General Forum Etiquette
- Lurk before posting. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.
- Read threads before posting in them. Thread rules may be outlined in the first post.
- Stay on topic. Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions.
- No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations.
- When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts.
- No bumping. Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Be patient.
- When using the quote feature please don’t quote more than is necessary.
- Do not use a huge, annoying or distracting signature or avatar.
General Posting Guidelines
- Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.
- Put some effort into your posting. Before creating a thread or posting a reply, please ask yourself: “Am I making a thread which is either funny, informative, or interesting? Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion? Is it on topic?”. Avoid making a new thread that consists of a link or copy/paste without adding a decent personal summary.
- Use a meaningful and descriptive title for your threads. Don’t be vague or misleading.
- Don’t make short posts that offer no significant content, or post for the sake of increasing your post count.
- Please try to stay within your area of experience when commenting or advising.
- Do not state opinion as fact. We don’t want to spread misinformation.
Members that break the rules may be issued one or more warning points depending on the severity of the infraction, and/or have their posts edited or removed. Abuse of specific privileges may result in the revocation of said privileges, in these cases staff will provide a warning. Evading a ban by registering a new account will result in a permanent ban on all associated accounts.
- 1st warning - warned
- 2nd warning - 3 day ban
- 3rd warning - 7 day ban
- 4th warning - 15 day ban
- 5th warning - permanent ban
Manufacturers and Retailers
- Please contact vtac for account approval before registering. This applies to anyone with a commercial interest and is mandatory. Failure to do so will result in an account suspension or ban.
- After account approval manufacturers are welcome to create a thread for their product to answer questions and interact with customers, but should be prepared for a gauntlet of questions and comments.
- Any co-workers or other company representatives will also need to obtain approval before posting.
- Retailers are allowed to post in the Retailer Announcements thread only.