• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Palm 2.0

OF

I see they also sell battery holders for cheap, too, which will be nicer than trying to slide the end caps on.

I like the four cell holders a lot, too. Here's another tip, get some of these guys:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/1dramamberglassvialwblackcap.aspx

I like the amber, but the clear works fine too of course. I premeasure a load of dry ground herb and put them in the vials (I'll do a few dozen at a time). The fit in the holders just fine. I typically carry about half batteries and half bud ready to go. A couple of guarantied sessions in a box. Cool.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sky

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks for the excellent review, Sky. I think perhaps TherealVaporblunt has listened to several of us who have complained that the pushback ring required too much effort. Anyone familiar with VaporBLUNT products knows that this company is really good at responding to user input.

The only thing I'd take issue with is your conclusion about the batteries. Not the part about them being on the weak side, that's on the mark, but the part about them developing a memory. They're NiMH so that doesn't happen. In fact, the best way to use them is to charge them before they're fully discharged. Completely discharging them shortens their lifespan.

Sky

I like the four cell holders a lot, too. Here's another tip, get some of these guys:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/1dramamberglassvialwblackcap.aspx

I like the amber, but the clear works fine too of course. I premeasure a load of dry ground herb and put them in the vials (I'll do a few dozen at a time). The fit in the holders just fine. I typically carry about half batteries and half bud ready to go. A couple of guarantied sessions in a box. Cool.

OF

Oh nice! See I won't have to set the palm down if I preload a vial like that. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sky

Thanks for the excellent review, Sky. I think perhaps TherealVaporblunt has listened to several of us who have complained that the pushback ring required too much effort. Anyone familiar with VaporBLUNT products knows that this company is really good at responding to user input.

The only thing I'd take issue with is your conclusion about the batteries. Not the part about them being on the weak side, that's on the mark, but the part about them developing a memory. They're NiMH so that doesn't happen. In fact, the best way to use them is to charge them before they're fully discharged. Completely discharging them shortens their lifespan.

Ok well I did fully charge them before first use. Then I charge them before empty. But after that overheating issue, one won't recharge at all now, and the other doesn't last long at all. So either way I still need new.

I really don't know what caused it to overheat in the charger. Maybe I had somehow put it in reversed, but I didn't think it would allow that to happen. As in, I didn't think it was possible. It IS possible now though because the housing melted. So I can't even check to see if it is possible, because the shape has lost its integrity. It still charges (the one battery that still works) but that one battery is very weak now. Possibly due to overheating with that incident. But I am really worried about accidentally putting it in backwards, now.

Sky,
Reactions: OF

OF

Oh nice! See I won't have to set the palm down if I preload a vial like that. Thank you for the suggestion!

You're very welcome. It's a MFLB trick I carried over actually. Yer right, with a little practice you can load one handed, even learn to do it without putting the cap in your mouth.....

It turns out having weighed out .125 gram loads around is a mighty handy size. Fits Solo with a nice compress, VB2 like it was made for it, and even gets used to refill the Iolite (I use the 3 prong gizzie in mine). I take anything over .119 and under .130, if it's .12 anything it's good to go. I have a scoop that throws almost enough then add a tiny bit on the scale after zeroing the empty vial and funnel. Easily under half a minute per, I waste more time than that messing with bulk loads.

Maybe I had somehow put it in reversed, but I didn't think it would allow that to happen. As in, I didn't think it was possible. It IS possible now though because the housing melted. So I can't even check to see if it is possible, because the shape has lost its integrity. It still charges (the one battery that still works) but that one battery is very weak now. Possibly due to overheating with that incident. But I am really worried about accidentally putting it in backwards, now.

Sounds like a good piece of gear to avoid to me. I'm not sure where mine is now, probably in the box, but I never used it. Part of the issue with NiMH charging is detecting end of charge. No, make that the major issue most of the time. You can 'trickle charge' them, but that takes like 20 hours typically. They get warm but not hot. Most of us won't wait that long so the charger has to charge much faster then accurately detect end of charge. The most common way is called 'negative delta V'. Negative (going down) delta (change in) V (Voltage). The battery constantly rises in voltage as it charges (makes sense, right?) but right at the end (like the 95% point) it suddenly dips down a little bit if the charge rate is fast enough. Something like .02 Volts IIRC, not much, and the rate has to be high or the charger misses it and keeps going. Overheating follows (and in fact is often used as a backup detection, like in cordless tools and old cell phones). Bottom line is some charges just have trouble, sometimes if we put a battery in that's already charged it never happens....which can be bad, even tragic.

I like Pak's suggestion for a battery and charger upgrade. If you can swing it, I'm sure you'll be happy with both.

Good luck. It's a fun little vape but takes some doing to get it going right.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sky

Sky

Ok, so here is what I've done so far...

I didn't want to wait for shipping considering the batteries I am currently using are pretty worthless. So I went to a store near by and got a pack of 4 energizer rechargable 2300 mAh batteries for about $12 and a charger of the same brand that already had 4 1300 nAh batteries in it. The charger and extra batteries were about $15. I figured I could use the lower level batteries for other stuff.

I then scored the logo wrapper with a really sharp scisors and with some tweezers, I peeled away a section around the center about where the metal ring hits inside the palm. I figured it would be much safer to leave as much of that as possible, and to only remove the part that is needed. They seem to be working pretty dang well so far. But I haven't used them but for more than a few minutes. They came fully charged.

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
  • Super stealthy (even if someone sees it, it isn't clear what you are doing)

My wife said she thinks it looks like I am using an inhaler. It is small enough to be almost invisible in your hand.

The real reason I am on is to let you know that my P2 survived its first drop onto our hardwood floors and did not open! I thought I could catch it before it before it hit but ended up chucking it about 5 feet further than the original drop, but I was stoked to see that it didn't open.

This vape has been with me in my pocket ever since I received it. I really think for the money, it is the best vape I have used. A lot of it may just be the way it fits in my hand, but I can get some great hits really quick and shove it back in my pocket.

I think it is nice to see this thread starting to get some notice, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in purchasing the P2.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
So I lost my MFLB over the weekend. Should I consider one of these instead. While just looking I have decided, I like the way it fits in your hand, but am turned off by the plastic components. It seems from Dog's video that they both put out similar clouds.

deadheadbill,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
So I lost my MFLB over the weekend. Should I consider one of these instead. While just looking I have decided, I like the way it fits in your hand, but am turned off by the plastic components. It seems from Dog's video that they both put out similar clouds.
Hey bill , sorry to hear about your LB, I wouldn't let the Plastic put you Off, this Little vape works and tastes great. The main difference in using it to me is the thench size being much smaller which works fine for me when out and about I also have found it a little better in the stelth department. the palm gives great hits also works great with older MFLB batteries [better then the stock Palm 2.0 ones] . I Love My MFLB but I like this better when not at home, not so easy to adapt it for using glass and such but the P2 battery placement and shape feels better in my hand and pocket for personal use on the go you can't beat it IMHO. you can find one on ebay for $ 65 . worth every cent.

both the MF And the palm 2.0 are great vapes ,Hope I could be a little help . good luck !

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You should consider it, but remember that if you have the MFLB PA, it won't work with the P2. The plastic is why the P2 has better flavour, by the way. The smaller trench helps conserve but is a drawback if you need a lot to get you going.

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
This has been on my mind for a couple of weeks, so I am just going to get it off my chest and allow everyone to call me a cry baby. I have noticed several other reviews on the P2, and TheRealVaporBlunt has made positive comments on all of them ... except mine. I am not a video expert, and it takes quite a bit of set up to do a halfway decent video, so why no "thanks" or "great video" from the owner.

As I said, even as I write this I know it sounds childish, but I feel as though my review was not met with as much enthusiasm (or ANY enthusiasm for that matter) because I purchased mine from Ebay. I purchased through an 'authorized dealer' whom was able to handle warranty issues. It seems to me if the authorized dealer purchased these units from VaporBlunt, that VaporBlunt would have made their money on the P2 that I purchased when they sold the quantity to the 'authorized dealer'.

It isn't as though the boy expected a thank you, but the lack of any comment has not set well with me. It was a very positive review, and from the comments I have received on my YouTube channel, it has helped sell a few units for Vaporblunt. I have checked everyday for some positive comment from TherealVapoBlunt, to no avail.

I am a cheapskate, no doubt about it, I will find the best price possible and try to save what little money that I have. If purchasing a unit from Ebay puts me in the bad boy video club, so be it. If you do not want them to be sold on Ebay for less than I can purchase it from your store, then do not sell to dealers that cut your prices.

Feel free to call me names, give me a demerit, I will take my punishment like a man, but I am upset and had to get it off my chest. I am not the type to harbor anger, so I speak my mind and let it go. Ahhh, I feel better now!

Beyond that, it is still a great vaporizer, I recommend it to my friends and use it everyday, it is very thrifty to use. No harm and no foul to anyone, it just hurt my little feelings, that's all.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Dude, I liked your review. As a matter of fact it was one of the main reasons I'm considering a P2 now.

Yeah man, I really liked your review too; watched it 3 times. No need to fret, the hard work isn't going unnoticed; I tended to agree on a lot of your comments about the Palm 2.0. I think sometimes people (including myself) take advantage of how awesome it is to have the manufacturer a computer screen away; able to answer any question we've got in the back of our heads.

I always see a ton of people frustrated when TheRealVaporBlunt doesn't answer their questions right away, and feel like its a little extreme; considering you generally NEVER see owners of companies answering questions directly. Usually people have to wait 30 min on the phone with some foreign person that can't speak a lick of english to get a problem solved... and we've all got the luxury of firing off questions/suggestions whenever we feel like it.

I know I can mildly relate, when I get 50 messages a week on YouTube asking, "What's better... Pax or Pinnacle" or "Do vaporizers smell??". The questions feel repetitive, and sometimes I just don't feel like answering everyone. I don't want things like this, or continuous nagging to push manufacturers away from using these forums to take care of customer service issues... because it really is a luxury, and it really can take a tole on them.

TheHerbalReview,
Reactions: Dogman

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Dogman your video and review are one of the reasons I finally bought The P2 . You get A big thumbs up and thanx from me . I also bought mine from ebay , same seller probably. Feel better Dude, you know you've helped people , I'm only one of them . Thanx much for the passion you show for Vapin'.

RUDE BOY.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Dogman

ned429

Just a lurker but I wanted to let Dogman know that it was his review that sold me on the P2 and I've been loving it so far.

On a side note about the vaporizer itself, the trench screen in my vape has been dented on the top and bottom walls (the two shorter sides).
Was this something I must've done when brushing it out or is it supposed to be like this?

ned429,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
This has been on my mind for a couple of weeks, so I am just going to get it off my chest and allow everyone to call me a cry baby. I have noticed several other reviews on the P2, and TheRealVaporBlunt has made positive comments on all of them ... except mine. I am not a video expert, and it takes quite a bit of set up to do a halfway decent video, so why no "thanks" or "great video" from the owner.

As I said, even as I write this I know it sounds childish, but I feel as though my review was not met with as much enthusiasm (or ANY enthusiasm for that matter) because I purchased mine from Ebay. I purchased through an 'authorized dealer' whom was able to handle warranty issues. It seems to me if the authorized dealer purchased these units from VaporBlunt, that VaporBlunt would have made their money on the P2 that I purchased when they sold the quantity to the 'authorized dealer'.

It isn't as though the boy expected a thank you, but the lack of any comment has not set well with me. It was a very positive review, and from the comments I have received on my YouTube channel, it has helped sell a few units for Vaporblunt. I have checked everyday for some positive comment from TherealVapoBlunt, to no avail.

I am a cheapskate, no doubt about it, I will find the best price possible and try to save what little money that I have. If purchasing a unit from Ebay puts me in the bad boy video club, so be it. If you do not want them to be sold on Ebay for less than I can purchase it from your store, then do not sell to dealers that cut your prices.

Feel free to call me names, give me a demerit, I will take my punishment like a man, but I am upset and had to get it off my chest. I am not the type to harbor anger, so I speak my mind and let it go. Ahhh, I feel better now!

Beyond that, it is still a great vaporizer, I recommend it to my friends and use it everyday, it is very thrifty to use. No harm and no foul to anyone, it just hurt my little feelings, that's all.

I thought your video was great, and I especially appreciated it because the thread was relatively dead until you made the video. I thought I at least pressed the like button, it was just a total over site on my end. I appreciate anything anyone ever says, good or bad, about my products. Please accept my apology

Phizix

On a side note about the vaporizer itself, the trench screen in my vape has been dented on the top and bottom walls (the two shorter sides).
Was this something I must've done when brushing it out or is it supposed to be like this?

Mine is "dented" like that too. IMO thats just how its designed and the nature of the screen material being bent to create the trench. I've noticed that if I pack mine full it gets charred in the middle area of the screen first and that is where most of the heat is generated so any variation in the sides shouldn't matter that much.

Phizix,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I thought your video was great, and I especially appreciated it because the thread was relatively dead until you made the video. I thought I at least pressed the like button, it was just a total over site on my end. I appreciate anything anyone ever says, good or bad, about my products. Please accept my apology

Thank you for the kind words. It means more to me than you know. I gladly accept your apology,and offer my cyber hand in friendship.:wave:

fraz

thanks to dogman and herbalreview (sp?) for the reviews! MAD props vapor blunt for making a sick product, i've been looking around for a vaporizer to buy to stop smoking and this looks awesome for skiing and outdoors stuff. i needed a smaller trench size and something that wasn't bulky and this is awesome. a few questions;
-how much does it smell?
-can i put herb in it, then close it and put it in my pocket for later?
- how many hits do you get off one trench?

cheers

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
thanks to dogman and herbalreview (sp?) for the reviews! MAD props vapor blunt for making a sick product, i've been looking around for a vaporizer to buy to stop smoking and this looks awesome for skiing and outdoors stuff. i needed a smaller trench size and something that wasn't bulky and this is awesome. a few questions;
-how much does it smell?
-can i put herb in it, then close it and put it in my pocket for later?
- how many hits do you get off one trench?

cheers

It doesn't have any funky smells, just the typical vape scent. You can def put some tree in and keep it for later, and I'd say maybe 5 tastey hits; 4 not so tastey before its cashed. That's just using the technique that works best for me (micro hits). It will vary depending on how you use it...

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I had not had much luck with using a strain called 'The Church' in my P2, it is too sticky and gums everything up. I happened on to a commercial grade this weekend and gave it a try in my P2 and I was flabbergasted! I had not had much luck with flowers inmy MFLB or P2, but the commercial grade materials work excellent in them. Keif was my choice in both of these vapes, The Church just got real sticky and would not move around in the trench, so keif was an excellent choice for these units. The commercial grade is not too sticky and I have had a blast (no pun intended) all weekend with the P2. I am getting 5 to 6 hits with a full trench of flowers. Looks like I will be keeping some decent quality commercial for my out and about sessions! AWESOME LITTLE VAPORIZER!

I also gifted my MFLB to a vapor friend of mine whom has a NO2, one must give in order to receive!

Dogman,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom