• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Palm 2.0

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Nice vid man. Are you just drawing slow or are you micro-hitting it?

deadheadbill,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Dogman... has a cat. :hmm: Also, he scares little kids with his flashlight!

I agree almost 100% with your review. I use mine with buds and the top screen in place, so I can hold the P2 any way I happen to fancy. The flavour is really pure and tasty, and I like the ability to see the vapour flowing through the clear mouthpiece.

You didn't mention one of my pet peeves, which is that when the trench is horizontal, the bottom is rounded so you can't put it down to load. You either have to find a way to wedge it upright or use two hands. It's a minor issue but annoying.

Where I disagreed was the part about running cooler than the LB. My experience is exactly the opposite. The stock batteries I got were not as powerful as the Imedion 2400s that Magic-Flight used as stock for a long time. They're not quite good enough for the LB but they work just fine in the P2. When I used a new Imedion it was definitely a little hotter than the stock battery and this is my battery of choice for the P2. When I tried a Powerex 2700 it was too hot and it was easy to reach combustion. When I tried one of the MFLB branded batteries it was almost instant combustion. The P2 cleans up fairly easily after combustion, incidentally.

I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that the P2 is prone to combustion. I reached combustion deliberately as part of evaluating the P2. With the stock batteries or Imedions, combustion is unlikely. Anything stronger requires a little caution.

Phizix

I've had mine about 5 days now and I'm enjoying it. I have never used a MFLB before.

I too wish the Palm 2.0 could stand on its own with the trench facing up. The resistance when pushing in the battery is fairly stiff and fatigues my fingers after a while (not great for anyone with arthritis) but at least it won't accidentally heat itself when the battery is sitting in the unit in your pocket. I wish there was some kind of better mechanism for opening and closing the lid since I have to slide my thumbnail in between the plastic to pop it open. I would prefer a button or latch of some sort that didn't rely on the plastic flexing. Also a beefier hinge would be nice, its seems functional but I wouldn't want to drop it on concrete. The hinge and lid snap are the two weakest things about the Palm 2.0's construction imo and I wonder how well they will take normal wear and tear. The top screen gets dirty fairly quickly even with brushing it clean (brushing might actually force particles through the screen and into the mouthpiece making it dirtier) but it doesn't affect performance and should be easy to clean with a quick iso soak. If you neglect cleaning it, it still performs well so you don't have to clean much if you don't want to.

This unit is very efficient while still delivering satisfying vapor. It can't give you a huge hit all at once, but sipping on a trench will still get you nicely medicated. You can use very small amounts and still get good vapor. Works great with keif and hash too.

One of my fears was that I would be constantly worrying about charging batteries but battery life is very good. I get about 4 soild trenches before I notice battery power dropping off.

I haven't used my Pax since I got the Palm 2.0 mostly because it is much more efficient and I don't have to worry about meticulously cleaning it after every session. Being able to just take a quick hit or two and put it down and forget it with no consequences is great.

The retail price point of $109 seems a little high to me when you consider the construction being mostly plastic and very simple. $65-$80 seems like a good price range for this model.

In conclusion the Palm 2.0 is a very simple and effective little vape and I'm glad I added it to my arsenal.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Welp, I had all my footage shot for my Palm 2.0 review and my Macbook decided to shit out on me. Redid everything tonight and will be working on the video tomorrow, should have it all uploaded by tomorrow night if all goes as planned; wanted to have it up Easter night :shrug:

Anyways, I was a little misled by this thing. I always used to watch TheBestVaporizer and Slightly Medicated's reviews on YouTube to form my opinions, because 9/10 I agree with them... but this was that 10% where I completely disagreed with Bud from "TheBestVaporizer". He saw the 2.0 as a MFLB knockoff, which is understandable... they're both conduction vapes with similar features... but from my experience, the Palm 2.0 ran a bit hotter than the Launch Box, and was a very satisfying experience when I got the hang of things.

I also think the flavor is a bit better with the Palm, for some weird reason. I was expecting the acrylic to give it a plasticy taste unlike the Launch Box's glass straw... but I didn't get any funky tastes.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Welp, I had all my footage shot for my Palm 2.0 review and my Macbook decided to shit out on me. Redid everything tonight and will be working on the video tomorrow, should have it all uploaded by tomorrow night if all goes as planned; wanted to have it up Easter night :shrug:

Anyways, I was a little misled by this thing. I always used to watch TheBestVaporizer and Slightly Medicated's reviews on YouTube to form my opinions, because 9/10 I agree with them... but this was that 10% where I completely disagreed with Bud from "TheBestVaporizer". He saw the 2.0 as a MFLB knockoff, which is understandable... they're both conduction vapes with similar features... but from my experience, the Palm 2.0 ran a bit hotter than the Launch Box, and was a very satisfying experience when I got the hang of things.

I also think the flavor is a bit better with the Palm, for some weird reason. I was expecting the acrylic to give it a plasticy taste unlike the Launch Box's glass straw... but I didn't get any funky tastes.

Bud is wrong. The Palm 2.0 is not a knockoff of the LB, it is an original design based on the same principles. A knockoff uses exactly the same design.

The P2 definitely runs hotter than the LB, as anyone who tries the new Magic-Flight batteries in it will quickly discover. They overpower the much smaller screen and are not really practical for the P2. Even Powerex 2700s are a bit too much.

The pure taste is one of the P2's strengths, whereas the LB does add its own note to the flavour. Although the mouthpiece is acrylic, it never gets hot enough to change the taste or affect the vapour in any way.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If I may ask a question regarding the "acrylic" used in the P2. Can you guys clean it with ISO and not have it fog up? We are having some problems over in the Pinnacle thread with the PonG not being ISO cleanable and the claim is its made of the same material used here.

t-dub,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If I may ask a question regarding the "acrylic" used in the P2. Can you guys clean it with ISO and not have it fog up? We are having some problems over in the Pinnacle thread with the PonG not being ISO cleanable and the claim is its made of the same material used here.

I've never had to clean anything but brush off the screens. I haven't used mine heavily, however. Given what I've read in the Pinnacle thread, I'm not about to experiment with mine either.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I used 91% ISO on mine this morning before even reading this, no issues with cloudiness. I have been using the hell out of this thing, so nice in the pocket!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
thanks to all you on this thread ! i bought the palm very early after it came out and it didn't live up to my expectations. [ I still use it when i need tiny amounts at max temps for medical use chared herb is still better then ash imo] I wanted to wait to pick up the 2.0 when ya'll gave your input, seems to be up to what I wanted the first palm to be. Picked one up on EBay should be here this week end . I've been watchin' the pinnacle thread Vaporblunts not helpen me to control my VAS. Happy Vapin Ya'll

RUDE BOY,

Phizix

I cleaned mine with 91% iso for the second time just now and its fine. In fact I was shaking it and dropped it in the sink and got iso all over it and a little inside it. No problem, I just wiped it off, shook the iso out and let it dry for a bit and it was good as new. Love the simplicity of this little guy and he might be more durable than I initially thought. I've come to terms with the fact that I have to leave my right thumbnail a bit long to be able to pop open the lid. I've been improving my technique and can pull some pretty impressive hits with a fairly small amount.

Mine has been seeing heavy use since I got it as my pax got flashing blue lights of death and my crz is stuck on 12v since my vvps died. I find that its pretty easy for me to combust in it if I'm not careful, but then again I'm always trying to get a big hit and extract every bit of goodness. I like taking it right up to the combustion limit for a full range of effects and this guy has been delivering.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
We have expieremented all week, I do believe we did so on p2, let me double check on that.

How long are you leaving the pieces in ISO? This clouding problem happens with PVC whip tubing but not on immediate contact. If you wipe ISO off PVC right away, there's usually no effect.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My palm 2.0 will be here in an hour or so. a couple old mflb Batteries and palm batteries on charge 0.8 gr of kief and a small amount of Mids. Good timing I have to go out to a lab for bloodwork and X-rays at 4:00 pm and it takes hours because I have to wait for the results of a few of the tests before I Head Home . A cuban sandwich , double expresso and trench of kief will make it much more enjoyable. :tup:

Sky

Dogman... has a cat. :hmm: Also, he scares little kids with his flashlight!

Where I disagreed was the part about running cooler than the LB. My experience is exactly the opposite. The stock batteries I got were not as powerful as the Imedion 2400s that Magic-Flight used as stock for a long time. They're not quite good enough for the LB but they work just fine in the P2. When I used a new Imedion it was definitely a little hotter than the stock battery and this is my battery of choice for the P2. When I tried a Powerex 2700 it was too hot and it was easy to reach combustion. When I tried one of the MFLB branded batteries it was almost instant combustion. The P2 cleans up fairly easily after combustion, incidentally.

I a Palm 2.0 about a week and a half ago. I somehow ended up buringing up the housing on the battery charger, and my batteries got so hot it was insane! I now need new batteries. I was not very impressed with the stock ones, because they seemed to last shorter and shorter times really fast. Especially since I had only used them for a week. And this was before they overheated.

Can you direct me how to get the Imedion's? I looked them up on Amazon, and I don't think they come with a charger. So I am not sure which would work. Also, the stock battteries have a metal outer casing, which is why the end of the battery can stick out without a connector. And that is why a normal AA battery will not work. The Imedions I looked don't look like they are metal with the way their names are on the logo etc. and they aren't straight silver. Am I looking at the wrong batteries? Or is it still able to connect mid way up the shaft of the battery?

Thank you! I really want to get mine up and running again. I don't have very good backups. :(

I don't really see how to edit my previous. But I meant to say I didn't "burn" the housing, it melted. Had I not smelled it and unplugged them they may have burned. Anyway, I know they are under warranty, but I am really worried it might happen again. And I also want something that lasts longer. And if they are slightly hotter that would be great, too. Thanks! :bowdown:

Sky,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I a Palm 2.0 about a week and a half ago. I somehow ended up buringing up the housing on the battery charger, and my batteries got so hot it was insane! I now need new batteries. I was not very impressed with the stock ones, because they seemed to last shorter and shorter times really fast. Especially since I had only used them for a week. And this was before they overheated.

Can you direct me how to get the Imedion's? I looked them up on Amazon, and I don't think they come with a charger. So I am not sure which would work. Also, the stock battteries have a metal outer casing, which is why the end of the battery can stick out without a connector. And that is why a normal AA battery will not work. The Imedions I looked don't look like they are metal with the way their names are on the logo etc. and they aren't straight silver. Am I looking at the wrong batteries? Or is it still able to connect mid way up the shaft of the battery?

Thank you! I really want to get mine up and running again. I don't have very good backups. :(

I don't really see how to edit my previous. But I meant to say I didn't "burn" the housing, it melted. Had I not smelled it and unplugged them they may have burned. Anyway, I know they are under warranty, but I am really worried it might happen again. And I also want something that lasts longer. And if they are slightly hotter that would be great, too. Thanks! :bowdown:

The Imedions meet all your requirements. Except for the manufacturers like Magic-Flight and Vaporblunt, no one sells the batteries the way they came with your P2. They look silver because the battery wrapper has been removed, which is necessary for them to work properly in your P2 but also makes them dangerous to use in anything else. The reason is that removing the wrapper means that the entire outside casing is now a giant negative terminal, and anything that makes contact with it and the positive terminal results in a runaway discharge that quickly overheats the battery. This could be a fire hazard.

You can get 4 Imedions with a battery charger from Thomas Distributing for $22.97, which is a good deal. When you get them you have to remove the wrapper yourself.

Sky

Thank you so much Pakalolo! I see they also sell battery holders for cheap, too, which will be nicer than trying to slide the end caps on. Once I put them on, they can be hard to get off.

Sky,
Reactions: OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Sky don't get rid of the Battery caps, you'll probably want to use them on the neg end of the batteries
when pushing in without them it can be rough on the hands without them.

RUDE BOY,

Sky

Sky don't get rid of the Battery caps, you'll probably want to use them on the neg end of the batteries
when pushing in without them it can be rough on the hands without them.

Thanks for the suggestion Rude Boy. I don't think I have a problem with that, though.

When I read the reviews, I thought I would have to be pushing the battery in very hard to get it to work, but I really don't. Maybe mine is a newer version? I don't know.

I suppose since this is a thread for reviews I should put my experience:
My background:

I only started "smoking" since it became legal in my state (yay for living in a cool state - for this at least) and so I am so very new at all of this! I had never vaped before in my life. And I had only ever tried smoking before a few times many years ago when I was a kid. So I can't imagine you could find someone more new to the experience than me. But I am big on research, and after looking at everything, including expense, need for stealth, portability, and lack of experience I decided on the Palm 2.0.​
Oh, and I forgot, I did started with a small pen thing (not sure what it is called) for a couple of weeks, that you put oil in the chamber of and push the button on. It is not the same brand that most talk about. But I will talk more about that and compare that to this later.​

My Palm:

Mine is blue, and the battery is not had to push in to get the light to come on.​

My manner of use:

I use finely ground up bud. The finer the grind the more potent the hits. You cannot get it too fine, the screen cup you put it in has such a tiny mesh to it that you don't lose product through the screen holes. I think of it more like a solid metal cup except that the air is pulled through it when you take a hit. So it can hold the finest grind, or kief without a problem. Although I have not yet tried kief. It will take a while for me to gather it in my grinder.​
The way I typically hold it is almost like someone would hold an inhailer. My thumb and first finger wrapped around the case, my second (middle) finger wrapped gently around the battery, and the side of my ring finger laid gently agains't the end of the battery. I push it in with little effort (especially considering that your ring finger is your weakest finger and I am pushing in an even weaker direction) to make the light come on. (And I am female and my hands are probably weaker than most men's and many women's who work with their hands more than I do. As in, I am a computer person, not a massage therapist.) Yet, I have zero problems pushing it in hard enough with this method.​
This part here may be a little odd, but it really works for me...​
While I am holding it, I smell the "vapor" coming out, rather than counting. The reason why I do this is because the battery power has been inconsistent, and if there is any fog in the clear part at all, I can't always see if it is ready or not. And I also don't want to have to sit and stare at it, if I am vaping while watching a movie or something. So if I smell it, as soon as it starts to smell somewhat heavier, that is when I start to inhale. It is still an average of about 5 seconds, but I never waste anything this way.​
Also, mine actually combusts pretty easily if I don't let go of the battery after a few seconds, therefore I take micro hits after the first big hit, to finish out my inhale.​
My habit has been that I actually just slightly pull the battery out (not all the way) with the finger that was wrapped around it (which has the advantage of feeling the heat level of the battery). With the stock batteries, the hotter they are, the bigger the hit, and the larger chance of combustion. So this really helps with control. I probably don't have to pull the battery out, just releasing would be enough, but it pushes in so easily, it is peace of mind to me that I am certain I have stopped the connection. And I just feel like I am in more control of what is happening.​
It doesn't produce big clouds of smoke, but I don't want it to do that because, 1. I think that would be wasteful (although I do not know for sure if that is the case) and 2. I don't want it to be easy to smell it. It may be legal in my state, but people aren't accustomed to it being legal. And so they are still in the mindset that it isn't legal, which is ridiculous, but that's their problem, not mine. Let them kill their livers with alcohol, then. If they think that is better. (Sorry for the rant, but I think they are exceptionally misinformed about right and wrong, and what is harmful and what is not!) I hope it is not against forum policy to talk about that. I don't remember it, if it is. Sorry!​
The draw is ok - as in - the air flow is a tad slow, but it doesn't much matter, because most of the time you will want slow hits anyway. So you will be wanting to draw slower than it allows for, but sometimes I do fluctuate how fast I draw to help avoid combustion, combined with controing the battery - both.​

Comparisons:

Due to my lack of experience, I cannot compare it to much.​
Compared to smoking, vaping with the Palm 2.0 is amazing. More potent, lasts about the same amount of time. Hits me harder. I call it a stealth hit, because when smoking you can tell right away when it is hitting you. With this, you don't realize it until a few minutes later the effect builds even if you aren't still taking hits. I'm getting better at recognizing it, though.​
Compared to vaping with that little pen... it says "Admiral" on it, so that must be the brand, the Palm 2.0 tasts amazing! The pen tastes chemically. I know the issue is the oil I am using in it, rather than the brand itself. But there is always some chemical even with higher quality oil. But that is why I wanted the Palm. Because some oils can taste like chemical and some are good. But all flower buds taste good IMO even if they aren't as good quality. But the hits from my pen with oil last a very short period of time. You have to keep hitting it to keep the high. And the type of high is not as good. It seems harsher. But the Palm has very uplifting highs. Probably due to the bud quality.​
(I always try to specify Palm 2.0 when referencing it, because I have never used the original Palm.)​

Cleaning:

Because I have combusted, I do have a very dark mark in the bottom of my screen. And also in the top screen. But this doesn't seem to affect use. It comes with a little tiny "broom" to sweep all the particles out, and that is all it takes. I have pushed the top screen out and rinsed that with water, and it cleaned the dark off almost entirely. And some have complained that it comes with just one pipe cleaner. But new pipe cleaners are really cheap at the store and you really only need it to sweep out particles that got stuck to the walls if you combusted, and/or to push the top screen out if necessary. But most of the mouth piece can be wiped out with a soft cloth, and the pipe cleaner is just used for the hard to reach areas. So you don't really use the pipe cleaner up, anyway. You only need one for quite some time, unless you lose it.​

Sky

...cont (because it was too long and wouldn't post)

Other accessories:

It comes with a velvet bag that is large enough to fit a small grinder (does not come with it) as well as some extra bud, and the Palm 2.0 itself and the batteries! It is nice to have everything in just one small bag. And this Rude Boy (if you are still reading) is why I will save my end caps. :) In case I need to fit it all in the bag, and my new 4 pack case doesn't fit.​
It comes with a lemon tip that is slightly sweet and really tasty, and also a clear tip that I have not tried, but it is supposed to be flavorless. But I don't use the tips because they fall off easy, and I will lose them. and, this may not be the case, but the tip makes me feel like the air flow is somewhat restricted. And using it without the tip feels very comfortable.​
The batteries they come with seem to form a memory. But there was nothing in the instructions that said to use them until empty, so I don't know if they are just low quality or I didn't use them right. Reguardless, I do not recommend them. But that is how I got here in the first place! To find a better battery. Thanks for that Pakalolo, I will try to remember to come back and let you know how those worked.​

Pros:

• Lifetime warranty
  • Very small
  • Super stealthy (even if someone sees it, it isn't clear what you are doing)
  • Very Good taste
  • Has some learning curve, not to combust, but is easy to figure out (and even if you do combust accidentally, it still tastes better than smoking!)
  • Cleans really easy
  • Screens are replacable, although I haven't needed to replace mine yet even after combustion
  • Lowest cost vaporizer on the market for what it can do
  • Seems to be convection happening (although I have had a hard time verifying it). Some conduction will happen because the bud is close to the heat element, but the heat is pulled through with air, and the bud in the little cup/basket/reservoir or whatever you want to call it is browning/blackening somewhat evenly, not just on the bottom where the bud touches the screen. And also the heat element is BELOW the screen, not the screen itself. So I will need more info on this but I am assuming that it is mostly convection, with some conduction. But if I am correct, that makes what you get for the price even better.

Cons:

• Stock battery is not the greatest quality (unless it was just me and I used it wrong). They develop memory, and mine somehow overheated the charging element and melted it. (90 day warranty on the batteries)
  • Tips fall off and give the feeling of further restricing air flow. But they are not necessary to operate the Palm 2.0.
  • It is somewhat hard to open at first. I am getting better at it, or it is breaking in now? But it was really stiff. Still is, just not as bad. But if you open it too soon and it is too hard to open, you may make the bud left in it, or ashes or whatever, go flying. And it is hard to see what is in there, if there is any left, so sometimes you have to open it just to look. (I would rather have this be the problem than one that opens when I don't want it to, though, so this isn't a very big "con")
  • And this one is tricky: The bottom is round, so you have to lean it against something to set it down when open and loading. Yet it is comfortable in your hand because the bottom is round. So it is a give and take. And for that reason I don't mind it being round. But because the screen that you load the bud into is small, and most grinder openings are larger than the cup, you really do have to set it down to not spill. (another not very big "con").

I hope this helps someone else like all of you have helped me!

Thanks!

Sky

Top Bottom