MiniVAP Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Glad that analogy worked for ya. Your liquor analogy works as well although I may have substituted a fine wine for a very high end cognac. I was an M5 owner. The Cobra and Viper were cars that I drove but never owned.

While I love my MV, getting smacked in the head by a cannabis 2x4 every once in awhile is a nice change of pace. :brow: I can't emphasize enough how switching up vaporizers helps to keep my tolerance in check, much like switching up strains.

In regards to the J-Hook that I got from @stickstones , the length is 10.25 inches (including the bend). I use it all the time. Cools the vapor down really nice while still providing full flavor.
Nice vaporizer!

ataxian,

Vapor Trails

Quick question. Does anyone know what heat level/safety rating/grade of Teflon is used in the MV? A family member just had to bring it to my attention and make me paranoid, haha! Anyway, I was just curious, because some have a safety rating up to 400 degrees, and some to over 600 degrees. Just satisfying my worrying mind since it will be here tomorrow. Any burn off needed, or odd odors, or is it good to go out of the box, no oils to clean off etc?

Vapor Trails,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Good to go straight out of the box. nothing to burn off. Teflon is the higher rated stuff and all units are calibrated after assembly to not go above vaping temps. This unit has been out for years and is one of only two units to be independently lab tested (the other being the Volcano).

Vapor Trails

If anyone or any lurkers ever look for specifics, I figured I would share the response from the manufacturer after I emailed them last night.

"Hello *******,

Thanks for your email. Using Teflon there is no health problem when the temperature is under 250Cº (482 degrees Fahrenheit) but we calibrate our MiniVAP between 230Cº-235Cº. I'm also sending you some links where you can find some information that may be of your interest.

http://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/vaporizer-usage-safety-and-toxicology
http://www.minivap.com/eu/blog/category/mv-users-experiences/
http://www.minivap.com/eu/blog/category/safety-devices/

Hope all of this can help you.

All the best,
Patricia"

So, approximately 250°C or 482°F.

JJ Cool F

Y'all talked me into it! It should be here by Wednesday or Thursday! Thank you all for your help.

I'm getting the Teflon core, Decarb kit, and WPA. I thought I'd use the Dry hydratube on high heat settings. I wanted Silver, but maybe the Black will be appreciated when watching movies at night, since I think the Teflon sounds like it is what makes for the longest sessions. Perhaps I'll like the Teflon model enough to add a glass core model in the future as a secondary unit to extract differently when desired. That's of course if the glass core makes enough of a difference vs the Decarb kit to justify a 2nd unit.

I'll let everyone know what I think by the end of the week. May be honeymooning too much with 2 new vapes this week to post, but Ill try.

How has your first week with the MV been?

Vapor Trails

How has your first week with the MV been?
I absolutely love it. It's my favorite vaporizer, and I've been vaping for nearly 8 years. I'm not proud of having to smoke or vape, but giving an example of years of experience with vapes to compare to. I was late in life to hop on the vaporizer scene for how many years I smoked, and never knew material could be heated, extracted, but not need combustion.

Unless something incredible happens, the MV will be my go to for years until something better comes out. I will always have around 3-4 vape signatures to help with tolerance, because I think its wise and saves money in the long run, but if I had to pick one vape out of every one I ever owned, tried, want, or wanted to own, it is the MV. I am selling every vape except for one that I currently own, and it is only to reclaim large amounts at once, for ease. I'll get 2-3 more vapes for the signature changes (OmniVap, Sticky Brick, Zion, Mighty, and Milaana are interests), but I don't see anything replacing the MV for a while.

I'll leave a review within a day or so when I feel a bit better. I'll try not to ramble thru the review, too much, and I'll explain more on why the MV is replacing all but one of my current vapes. This vape is very versatile.

abcd5432

I don't even login to hear for a month or so when I get new stuff to use with my minivap. I got my decarb kit and ghosted for awhile same once I get new glass to use with the minivap. There isn't a vape that leaves me as satisfied as using this.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Mine gets used every night in bed with the wife!
Awesome way to end off a day!
I'm not sure it is designed for that....be carefull you can void the warranty!:lol:

To be serious, my MV is still going strong and I want to mention how solid the device is, it was fallen from my sofa on the concrete maybe 10 or 12 times and still working like a charm!

I agree with Vitolo, the MiniVap is nice to start a day.

killick

But I like it!
The worst drop mine has experienced was rolling off the seat of an F350 onto gravel. Fortunately my running shoe broke the fall a bit. A small scuff mark but it works like a champ.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have found techniques to occupy myself while waiting for the MiniVap to heat up.
It is a good enough vape to wait for.
I turn it on and set timer for 10 minutes and I do other work or answer emails or clean bird cage until the alarm sounds.
I would prefer not sitting at the vape waiting, as it makes time move slowly.

Vapor Trails

I wanted to give you guys a detailed review, but I wouldnt know where to stop. All I really know to say to keep it simple is that the MiniVap medicates me the best out of my vaporizers, and besides my VapCaps, my Volcano is the only other vape I am keeping, and it is only for reclaiming large amounts. I thought the Volcano would be the first to go, but now I call it my "Reclaim Monster", and with a fine screen it serves that purpose very well after turning AVB into fine bits from the MiniVap.
I love my VapCaps, and like I've said before, I'll get some other toys for the purpose of adding vape signatures (I still want a Milaana, Sticky Brick and a Mighty so bad), and I still want a more medical grade portable than the CFX that will heat quickly. The MiniVap does mostly everything I want aside from instant heating and a few small things, and even to the point that I can sell everything I have except my Volcano and VapCaps. I know I'm just repeating myself, but if I could only own one vape, it would be the MiniVap, hands down. I can conserve and do more with it than anything I've got. It is extremely versatile and extremely efficient. I have been able to conserve since the day I got it. Usually the honeymoon period between me and a vape doesn't go so well in terms of conserving, but this things has medicated me heavily since day one.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wanted to give you guys a detailed review, but I wouldnt know where to stop. All I really know to say to keep it simple is that the MiniVap medicates me the best out of my vaporizers, and besides my VapCaps, my Volcano is the only other vape I am keeping, and it is only for reclaiming large amounts. I thought the Volcano would be the first to go, but now I call it my "Reclaim Monster", and with a fine screen it serves that purpose very well after turning AVB into fine bits from the MiniVap.
I love my VapCaps, and like I've said before, I'll get some other toys for the purpose of adding vape signatures (I still want a Milaana, Sticky Brick and a Mighty so bad), and I still want a more medical grade portable than the CFX that will heat quickly. The MiniVap does mostly everything I want aside from instant heating and a few small things, and even to the point that I can sell everything I have except my Volcano and VapCaps. I know I'm just repeating myself, but if I could only own one vape, it would be the MiniVap, hands down. I can conserve and do more with it than anything I've got. It is extremely versatile and extremely efficient. I have been able to conserve since the day I got it. Usually the honeymoon period between me and a vape doesn't go so well in terms of conserving, but this things has medicated me heavily since day one.
I want a MINI-VAP so bad!
Your very lucky!

Just one unit for everything?
Think of the space you will save?

SHATTER is so cheap in CAL so MOD CITY at the moment.

You must be very rich?

One day I will be CIVILIZED = One day

JJ Cool F

How do you use the MV? Glass, water tool? Dry using the stock MV mouthpiece/flexi-tubes?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I prefer stock configuration with the stock dry straw over anything else. IMO best flavor and clouds.... I also have the 3D printed 18mm adapter and hook, but I never use this setup as i feel the chamber is so much larger, I don't get as satisfying clouds/vapor density when using the hook or with water.

Vapor Trails

I want a MINI-VAP so bad!
Your very lucky!

Just one unit for everything?
Think of the space you will save?

SHATTER is so cheap in CAL so MOD CITY at the moment.

You must be very rich?

One day I will be CIVILIZED = One day

I am actually the very opposite of rich, but I find having the proper vape (and having several signatures) saves me more in the long run. We don't fully understand how, but only MMJ keeps me out of the Hospital, and each hospital visit is $300. That's with insurance. We dont understand, because it isnt the appetite that it is helping, but actually addressing issues that would usually cause my body to rapidly waste and drop weight at around 2-5 pounds per day, and it is not uncommon for me to lose 20 pounds in just 4 days once symptoms are full on and I have no way to stop it. This has gone on for roughly 15 years. This suddenly makes vaporizers a cheap option in helping to stay out of these $300 visits of extreme discomfort if swapping signatures keeps my body responding better, keeps my body from wasting, tremoring near as bad, and holds a slew of other symptoms at bay. Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely horrible on us all, financially, but far worse if I am constantly in the hospital. If I were stuck with a single strain for weeks, changing vaporizers is an absolute must, and changing the vape used suddenly helps with my symptoms more aggressively again if I change up between several signatures. Also, some medical herbs can taste horrible, but be very effective, and some vapes are more about flavor than others. In this scenario, a vape that masks most of the flavor is ideal. There are just so many variables, honestly.

Having different signatures has saved me many many hospital visits, and of course thousands upon thousands of dollars. So, ironically, spending loads on vaporizers saves me tons and tons. So, not a wink on the rich side, as investing in say a $200 Milaana (just for example) could somehow save me thousands in medical bills down the road. Essentially, a Vaporizer, for my situation (s) is nearly as important as the material going in them, which is of course a bit of a stretch, but vape signatures are very important for my body to continue to respond properly. It's kind of like buying a bed. I think sleep is the most important thing, and so I feel like a bed is an investment, and for the most part I probably do go overboard and spare no expense, but it has been worth it to sleep comfortably every night since the day I got it (years ago), it feels the same as the day I got it, and my days are so much better all because of sleep.

How do you use the MV? Glass, water tool? Dry using the stock MV mouthpiece/flexi-tubes?
I have been using the dry glass mp from VXhale. The MV is very smooth to me, and medicating dry seems to do a lot better for me. I will also use a HydraHoneyComb and a glass piece that has around half the chamber size. This just allows me to guage vapor density, because I can just draw until the vapor looks dense in the large canister, and if I want smaller pulls of thick vapor I just use glass with a smaller can. That way I can get monster pulls or baby pulls, but I have been sticking with direct draw thru the dry piece. I use a fine screen to keep herb from getting thru, and I use an 18mm female to male as an extension, and to house a Volcano fine screen so absolutely no bits make it thru. I've tried direct loading into the chamber and both baskets sizes. They all work great :)

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Start of a session?

anybody else sometimes start your session one temp higher than your desired temp?
For example, I want to vape at plurple level (temp 2) but start at green (temp 3). IMO, convection vapes take a little longer to get going as the heat is just hot air, not a hot hot glowing coil next to the bud. The hot air has to heat up the room temp bud and then it starts producing vapor.
So, I'll sometimes set MV to green until light stops blinking, turn temp down to plurple which causes it to blink again as temp is higher than plurple.
This sort of kickstarts/ turbocharges that start. The first couple pulls are then fuller and the plurple light will change to a steady glow, showing the pulls brought the temp down to plurple.

You bring it in to the selected temp from above....
Always interesting to experiment with new techniques!
Vape on

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Start of a session?

anybody else sometimes start your session one temp higher than your desired temp?
For example, I want to vape at plurple level (temp 2) but start at green (temp 3). IMO, convection vapes take a little longer to get going as the heat is just hot air, not a hot hot glowing coil next to the bud. The hot air has to heat up the room temp bud and then it starts producing vapor.
So, I'll sometimes set MV to green until light stops blinking, turn temp down to plurple which causes it to blink again as temp is higher than plurple.
This sort of kickstarts/ turbocharges that start. The first couple pulls are then fuller and the plurple light will change to a steady glow, showing the pulls brought the temp down to plurple.

You bring it in to the selected temp from above....
Always interesting to experiment with new techniques!
Vape on
Interesting, I'all have to try that. The first few hits always take a bit to get it going; I never even thought about starting one step higher. Thanks for sharing.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
i live in the red. i wait patiently till it is solid red. i found i MUST have lungbusters to satisfy my cravings of cigs.... and that continues even though i fully gave up cigs 4 yrs ago

Top Bottom