MiniVAP Vaporizer

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
i keep all my parts clean, but with mv i have zero interest in filters like this due to adding any additional restriction at all

FlyingLow,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You guys have heard me say that the team at Hermes (MiniVap) is at the forefront of the medical cannabis testing. And here's some good stuff to chew on as to why. They are working with Bedrocan to develop a medical vaporizer for testing and patients. The following are some links to articles written by Hermes about the science of vaporization...enjoy!

http://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/vaporizer-usage-safety-and-toxicology

http://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/dosification-and-control-science-vaporizing

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Has anyone successfully vaped any budder or shatter with the MV?

:peace:

Last edited:
tonuzzi,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Plenty of herb and shatter sandwiches..and they make a concentrate pad so yeah it works..

Thanks Sub, will have to try it out. I've never had the chance to try the concentrate pad that comes with the MV.

Cheers

Last edited:
tonuzzi,

lazylathe

Almost there...
:mad::mad::mad:Went away for the weekend, 5 hours from home and decided to bring the MV with for ease of use.
Packed it all up in the camera bag and off we go!

Upon arrival I see that the Flexicone is nowhere to be seen!!:mad::doh::bang: WTF do I do now???

After a few seconds I remove the top screen from the chamber. Shape it a bit to form a lid for the basket and power on the MV.
Lots of air leaks around where the lid mates with the body...
Wrapping my fingers tightly over the join provided a perfect seal and the vapor started to flow!:rockon::clap::nod:
Weekend saved!!

So if you ever find yourself Flexicone-less, this trick works for emergency vaping!!

MiniVap to the rescue!!

abcd5432

You guys have heard me say that the team at Hermes (MiniVap) is at the forefront of the medical cannabis testing. And here's some good stuff to chew on as to why. They are working with Bedrocan to develop a medical vaporizer for testing and patients. The following are some links to articles written by Hermes about the science of vaporization...enjoy!

http://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/vaporizer-usage-safety-and-toxicology

http://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/dosification-and-control-science-vaporizing
Think we'll see a new vape soon from them in the next year?

abcd5432,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have been using a MiniVap for the past couple of days.
@stickstones told me great things about it, so I came here to look.
A member donated one to us, and of course, prior to assigning it a home, I must check it out.
I did not have any short silicone cones, so I have only used the long one.
You were right sticksones!
The flavor profiles of the strains are clear in this vape.
Great flavor, and beneficial medicinal effects also.
It takes a bit longer to reach heat than I expected, but once she is cooking, she cooks!
Is that the general concensus.. that the heat-up takes a while?
The video is actually my 1st 3 hits using the MiniVap.
The 1st one was rich and thick, and caught me by surprise.. you will see me forced to clear my throat!
The other hits went down smooth as glass.

Last edited:

subway13029

yeah mine takes from 6 to 8 minutes to reach temp but its def worth the wait. are you using the teflon or glass core @Vitolo ? i havent used mine in awhile do to so many other new vapes but i will bust her out tonight..

subway13029,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am thinking it is Teflon Core.
yeah mine takes from 6 to 8 minutes to reach temp but its def worth the wait.
Thanks for that confirmation.
It is worth the wait when there is room in the "need to vape" continuum.
I like it best with the large basket. The flavor is more pure to me.

Vitolo,

subway13029

I'm in the super minority in that I use the baskets and I will pack directly in the chamber for some big hits..adds some conduction to the mix.

subway13029,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I'm in the super minority in that I use the baskets and I will pack directly in the chamber for some big hits..adds some conduction to the mix.

I use my MV with the straight glass Solo stem. I get great hits on the purple and green settings. I use the F Bomb with the solo gong and glass stem when using the red setting. Works amazing

tonuzzi,

Vapor Trails

No it was one of the newer Teflon cores from @stickstones
So the Teflon core makes it extract rapidly? This would be good for me on occassion.

What are the benefits of this vape over others? If it extracts really well I may replace my Nano with this so I don't have to fiddle with so many pieces, micro loads in stem and such when I need a session. Do different inner rings make the sessions last longer or shorter in general based on material?

Vapor Trails,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Vapor Trails

No the glass core extracts more quickly than the Teflon core.
Teflon for taste, glass for clouds.
I have never tried a glass core so no idea on taste.
Effects are very unique with this vape.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
What is standard? Saw PiU got these. Assume they are Teflon core. I'd have to buy a Delrin adapter....those look sick...The MV always been on my radar and is actually what I look for most in portable. I rarely vape "on the go" but I do vape outside the house in various locations, be it camping, fishin, cooking out, etc. the HQ vapor output is sweet. The whole setup just looks really nice I'm a sucker for the cases and everything in its right place

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: 6079Smith

MinnBobber

What is standard? Saw PiU got these. Assume they are Teflon core.
The standard/original is the Teflon core for supreme taste. The glass core was brought out for those that wanted slightly more punch, and IMO it has slightly less flavor although IMO the Teflon core is THE BEST TASTING vape out there and the glass is only a tick off and might rank as 2nd best tasting. Glass core is obviously more susceptible to breaking.

My Teflon core has ALWAYS had more than enough punch for me so I have no interest in the glass. I've used a glass core and it is great if you want that and are ok with glass.
Can't go wrong with either

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
That is high praise buddy, gracias for the .02; that's something else that always speaks to me. Everyone RAVES about the minivap and it's never anyone's first device they buy, so that speaks well to it IMO. I've hardly ever seen a negative opinion other than heat up being long, but that's not a big thing for me. I always see a lot of cross EVO love with it, and I love me EVO so this is something worth my attention IMO.

Vapor Trails

Is it true you can have mega long sessions with one full load? I read a reviewer saying he had a 55 minute session, and that he lost count of the draws. It takes me around 1 1/2-2 hours of vaping every night to eliminate symptoms enough to sleep. That'd be great for me if this is true so I don't run thru 0.3 in 10-15 minutes like I do with most vapes (the Plenty would smash thru herb), unless they force me to go extremely slow and repack over and over (Nano...Solo...).

"I had a leisurely 55 minute session without a care in the world. After the first use with the Minivap, I knew I was going to get along very well with the Minivap. I lost count of draws and just enjoyed the ride!"

http://www.getavape.com/2014/12/02/minivapp-review

I may be asking you guys to tell me where to get what all I need (glass bowl) by Monday! Edit: I see Sticks is the man for everything MiniVap as well! Sweet!

I guess I need to hit up sticks for accessories? He's helped me SO much lately, and I dont want to bug him just to ask, unless I know for sure.

The MiniVap seems promising. If this will medicate for longer periods than any other vape without repacking, and with low draw resistance, this thing is extremely tempting to add to the credit card bill tomorrow... I'm always home. So, the cheaper model is fine for me until I can add the battery. I want something I can keep in the bed while watching a movie and not have to reload, or refill a Volcano bag, or repack a tiny bit in a glass stem, and of course in a long session I don't want the bud to conduct and waste. Great to have a super fast heating unit to quickly vape when I first wake up, but at night I "Need" (Medically) very long sessions. If the session is short I'll just have to keep repacking, and I'll go thru more than I can afford just to try to feel better. What I mean is I could toss half a gram in the Volcano and run 3 bags (9-12 draws), but even if I take it all in, it's too quick to "marinate" on pain, sleep, etc. If I take the time to pack 10x .05s (0.5 total) in my portable Solo at 410 degrees I feel multiple more times medicated than blasting it all thru a few bags in a short period of time. It's overly easy to run thru herb in my Volcano, where as I almost feel overly medicated if I use that much in my cheap Solo. I'm not sure why that is, but a smaller amount over a longer period is what does it for me at night, or for extreme symptoms.

Am I looking at the right vape for me, or are there others out there that can do it better?
Am I under the right impression, that there has been a bios/software update to the newest models to reset the countdown time if a draw is taken? That would make it even easier to just sit and enjoy a movie at home.

Yes the stem fits directly into the Teflon chamber with the Teflon ring also attached to the chamber. The stem fits very snug when unit is cold, so I wait till the mv has heated and reached my desired temperature then insert the filled stem. The stem fits snug in the Teflon ring/chamber, but can be easily removed when mv is hot. I pack the stem 3/4 full and place a small cut out screen at the bottom of stem to Prevent material from falling out. I find that I get faster and thicker cloud production hits using the same amount of material with the glass stem than I do using the flex cone+ small basket whip method. The taste dissipates quicker when using the glass stem method tho.

Hmmm... Another way to use a glass adapter would be to use a Vortex Gong made for the Solo. That way someone could have a glass 14mm or 18mm adapter, and could use the shorty or larger herb version of the Vortex. Seems like this Vaporizer can replace many, including the EVO. I already heat soak my EVO for long periods past 8 minutes before use. So this seems more versatile and convenient in every way.

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Habitually my sessions are 40mn including warm-up, you can get so long sessions since there is absolutly zero conduction killing terpenes and goodies. Yes the MV is a winner....and since a long time, it just tooks some years to hit the US market !!

subway13029

it can be a long time sipper or if you crank the temp and put thru a bubbler it can kill a load but dry on a lower.temp it can be a long time sipper. def comtact @stickstones and talk to him about it but not sure if hes still selling them or not. i know he should hqve accesories and such and im sure he can put you in touch with the right person. he helped me out.and i havent turned back since..he keeps helping me out..

Top Bottom