MiniVAP Vaporizer

Michel

Thx! I was wondering if it messed up the delrin to soak it in ISO.

I mean like, what should I be looking for that it would mess it up lol? Is the material not supposed to come into contact with alcohol or something?

You shouldn't be concerned, Delrin or POM is absolutely alcohol proof. Even an extended soak doesn't harm the material at all. Heat is more of a concern for POM, but iirc there is a SS inlay in the adapter anyways which should guarantee a safe air path.

Michel,
Reactions: ataxian

stickstones

Vapor concierge
MiniVap is running a Black Friday sale. From Friday through Monday get 20% off the entire store with code 50MVSALESFC16.

This code will also get 50% off the first 50 MiniVaps sold! Go get it!

Units ordered for US residents will be shipped to me next week and then delivered from here, so expect a few days delay in shipping.

Last edited:

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
MiniVap is running a Black Friday sale. From Friday through Monday get 20% off the entire store with code 50MVSALESFC16.

This code will also get 50% off the first 50 MiniVaps sold! Go get it!

Units ordered for US residents will be shipped to me next week and then delivered from here, so expect a few days delay in shipping.

Tried to use that code but it is not working yet, although it is already friday in Spain (minivap's home).

Any quick advice on teflon/glass core?

Last edited:
overvaped,
Reactions: ataxian

MinnBobber

Any quick advice on teflon/glass core?

Teflon is the flavor king of the vaping universe. Still can pump out huge clouds.
Glass is slightly harder hitting at same temps. Most feel it loses a tiny bit of the true true flavor but still a flavor champion.

I prefer Teflon but both are superior vaping machines!

Radiocitysuicide

The website shows the standard glass and teflon cores as well as glass and teflon quick cores. How much faster do the quick cores heat up? Is there any other advantage to them?
Also If you buy a black minivap with a quick core will the only difference from the limited edition minivap be the color or is there another difference?

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: vapen00b

sixstringsmash

Friday morning Spanish time. Quick cores are the same but faster...heat up to red in around two minutes. Limited editions might also have the power adapter, but check the kits.

This is a great deal and I think I'm definitely going to hop on this! I want to be one of the first 50 for obvious reasons so out of curiosity when you say Friday morning Spanish time is it going to start at midnight Friday Spanish time or a little later in the day? I don't want to leave this first 50 thing up to chance!

sixstringsmash,

MinnBobber

When was this quick core announced/launched?
It seems it just launched today ????
I was shopping yesterday and only saw the traditional choices, Teflon core or glass core.
Today, voila, quick core option for $50 appeared-----magic :)

MinnBobber,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Well... I'm a bit confused about the benefits of the quick cores. @stickstones Sticks, you said they'd take 2 mins. to get to red. How does the "stock" teflon core performs in comparison with?
Would you think it's worth it paying 80€ on top for one? Does it retain heat better? Is it only heatup time? 2 mins is still a bit for vapes nowadays so I wonder if that's the only benefit..?
thanks for you insights! :)

MinnBobber

Well... I'm a bit confused about the benefits of the quick cores.

Not stickstones obviously, but it appears the quickcore upgrade only offers a quicker heatup time.

I've had an "original core" MV which was upgraded to the "newest spec core" . The flavor and vaping experience were not at all changed---just the core for more the reliable version that maybe heated up a little quicker. Vaped the same.
This sounds like the same deal----much quicker heatup but same exact vape flavor/ signature/ efficiency/ extraction / perfect ABV etc.

You can order current version in Teflon or glass OR same body with Quick Core option for more $$

Quicker heatup time would be nice

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Not stickstones obviously, but it appears the quickcore upgrade only offers a quicker heatup time.

I've had an "original core" MV which was upgraded to the "newest spec core" . The flavor and vaping experience were not at all changed---just the core for more the reliable version that maybe heated up a little quicker. Vaped the same.
This sounds like the same deal----much quicker heatup but same exact vape flavor/ signature/ efficiency/ extraction / perfect ABV etc.

You can order current version in Teflon or glass OR same body with Quick Core option for more $$

Quicker heatup time would be nice

Thanks for chiming in! :)
Hm... on the fence. But even with the 50% off deal I think I'll pass... It's still very pricy (quality might be great) but all the accessories etc. is way too much for me and the tech does seem to be reliable but outdated in a way (heatup time, custom battery). Still a little tempted, but I think that's just human nature when it comes to discounts... or is it VAS? ;)

JJ Cool F

Am I right in thinking there are other baskets which fit inside the MV chamber? A couple years back, I think I remember reading on this thread that some MVers use EVO baskets or something? If memory serves, they're a size between the two MV baskets and considerably cheaper than MV baskets?

JJ Cool F,

abcd5432

Thanks for chiming in! :)
Hm... on the fence. But even with the 50% off deal I think I'll pass... It's still very pricy (quality might be great) but all the accessories etc. is way too much for me and the tech does seem to be reliable but outdated in a way (heatup time, custom battery). Still a little tempted, but I think that's just human nature when it comes to discounts... or is it VAS? ;)
All depends. If I got 50% off, I'd definitely get a glass quick core.

Any chance there will ever be a 14mm run of the delrin adapter?

Edit: Do you have a minivap?

Last edited:
abcd5432,
Reactions: vapen00b

JJ Cool F

It's a shame that Hermes haven't yet released a lid which seamlessly pairs with glass. It seems strange that MVers still need to buy an aftermarket/3rd party adapter. The little glass piece Hermes sells isn't great, I've read.

JJ Cool F,

Doktor Dub

The Discount is pretty tempting - would the MiniVap be beneficial if owning a Mighty?

Thanks in advance for your Input...

Radiocitysuicide

Found this on the blog on the minivap site. Claims quick core improves battery life as well as draw resistance?

Hey miniVAPers!

As you know, we constaly work in miniVAP on developing and improving our vaporizers. Most of the improvements come out because of your suggestions, so we must thank you because of your ideas and support.

We want to introduce something special. The new heating system of miniVAP*, the QuickCore (QC). The QC improves some basic aspects from the original core of miniVAP.

What is the QUICK CORE and why is BETTER?

It’s an perfection of our convection heating technology, decreasing the electric consumption with more power of the heater.

• Less time to startup, and heats up faster. It takes 2 minutes long to get the highest temperature in 2 minutes.

• Less electric consumption. Continuously used, battery lasts up to 4 hours

• Less efford, easier to inhale.
In general, the miniVAP QC improves the heating time and increases the battery life, keeping the purity of taste and the organoleptic properties of the plants, without forgetting the quality of the product and useful life of its internal components.

As always, we hope these news will help you in your miniVAP user’s experience.

-The mV Team-

Radiocitysuicide,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The quicker heat up time is less drain on the battery and what was already the best battery in the biz should last twice as long! I haven't tested this personally yet.

stickstones,

JJ Cool F

code only seems to work with only a MV in the shopping cart. the 20% off accessories doesn't work for me..

JJ Cool F,
Top Bottom