TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

My OG TM is packed for my trip to Key West in my new case for the TMs as my PH TM2 jealously looks on. The case holds 4 batteries, 2 short stock stems (with hollow CUs) with rubber caps on both ends, brush, scoop, glass vial and the TM wirh a rubber plug for the chamber. There’s also a Velcro flap (not pictured) with a cloth side and a side with small slots (think memory cards); I keep the cloth side facing the TM. It’s a semi-hard shell case offering good protection. Not the first time my TM has been to Key West and this will be a travel upgrade.

As for potential TM upgrades, please do not digitize anything! It works too well the way it is. I wouldn’t change much really. The knurled knob on the TM2 was a game changer for me since I rotate and use my TMs more than other vape (not that I have that many now but these are my top and best vapes, hands down). Love the Tinymight!! :peace:

MHL

Try hard noob
> As for potential TM upgrades, please do not digitize anything!

Hear, hear!

The TM is nearly perfect as it is, IMHO. A nicer metal perhaps, or a better cooling unit, a better power button, a manual off switch (maybe?) and a dimmer led... these are the only things I'd like to see.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
2 short stock stems (with hollow CUs)
You probably also got the extra balls with the PH?

I've used the extra balls (and mp) to fill up a few extra stems. Like you see on the picture all you need is half a cu (for bowl side) and a rimless screen (to keep mp open) to add some cooling to the stock stem (long or short).
Maybe you can do something similar so you don't miss the ball cooling too much? ;)

Personally i'm using the second one from the right like 95% of the time, before that i always used the long stock stem with hollow cu/ditanium mp but since receiving the balls i haven't looked back. So much smoother and doesn't need frequent cleaning to keep unclogged.

I'm sure the OG TM is great (never tried one unfortunately) but me thinks you'll miss the TM2 PH in Key West! So by taking a ball cooled stem you might ease the missing slightly?

Vaporific

You probably also got the extra balls with the PH?

I've used the extra balls (and mp) to fill up a few extra stems. Like you see on the picture all you need is half a cu (for bowl side) and a rimless screen (to keep mp open) to add some cooling to the stock stem (long or short).
Maybe you can do something similar so you don't miss the ball cooling too much? ;)

Personally i'm using the second one from the right like 95% of the time, before that i always used the long stock stem with hollow cu/ditanium mp but since receiving the balls i haven't looked back. So much smoother and doesn't need frequent cleaning to keep unclogged.

I'm sure the OG TM is great (never tried one unfortunately) but me thinks you'll miss the TM2 PH in Key West! So by taking a ball cooled stem you might ease the missing slightly?
Yes I got the quartz balls with the TM2 and use those mostly with the TM2. The OG TM is just as capable and still works wonderfully well 4+ years on, and I don’t mind taking out it (PH TM2 stays home mostly). I’ll be more than fine in Key West with the short stems, thanks for your concern :). Just having a TM there is fine with me and I didn’t want to pack or break longer stems when the short stock ones have served me well all this time (in addition to a few 3rd party stems even before getting the TM2 which came with the ones with the tapered mouthpiece and balls). All good.

And yes, these types of stems can be configured in various ways. It’s great seeing others’ stems be it custom made or homemade with various parts and pieces. It’s one of the virtues of the TM which allows us to use in in different configurations. :peace:

EDIT: low temps! That’s how I mitigate cooling if things are too harsh and I’m without additional cooling methods. I forgot to add that. In general a couple of years ago I started vaping on lower temps than previously and greatly enjoy it this way. I don’t get irritated and sore throats like I used to as well. Everyone finds their balance…

Last edited:

Vaporific

Hello! Is that case odor proof? If it is what brand is it?
I don’t believe it is. It’s a compact camera/gadget case. I was hoping it would’ve been a bit smaller but it will hold either of my TMs with the TM2 being a tad larger than the OG TM. PM me if you want to know the brand. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Gorillaz7

ezpz

The only upgrade I can think of is an easier way to activate/deactivate session mode. TM gotta be off to activate session mode, and you gotta turn TM off to deactivate. That’s a lot of triple clicks for someone doing bong rips all the time. Not a big deal for me since I always use on-demand, but it’s the only upgrade I could think of. Still using my OG from May 2020.

dude_de

I am a real computer nerd but I specifically do NOT want a display on the TM NG.

I WOULD LOVE an automatic shutdown, at least in session mode. I use mostly on demand but sometimes prefer session mode on the bong.

And of course I have managed to leave it on after a session only to find an empty battery when I reached for it again.

Last edited:

MHL

Try hard noob
I second both of those too actually. An easier way to session mode (which I use all the time these days) and auto shut off from session mode (man does it get hot when it's left on for 20m).

Along with my list above, that would make literally the perfect device for me.

For the button, ideally, I'd like something more like the one on this vape mod. This action on it is really nice - smooth and just a bit tactile. And the visible part of it can be unscrewed and replaced with custom ones, which is super cool 😎

url

Last edited:

eyevape

👀
Due to fear of loss I pulled the trigger on the PH, which has been delivered today. Looks nice, feels nice, hits nice.. but I discovered some gaps between wood and metal, that my old TM2 doesn’t have.

It hurts, but this beauty will go back. I want an even more durable TM2 for out and about, but these gaps do not inspire my trust. Hopefully they’ll exchange it to a unit that is as perfectly built as my trustworthy TM2.

What do your gaps look like?

Last edited:
eyevape,
Reactions: cosimo

666Honeybadger

Unknown member

They are invisible to the naked eye in my TM2's (including a PH).
But my PH has a slight lightgap when i use it in a dim room. But it's really such a tiny lightleak that i don't really mind, i can't see it without the light on... So that also means i don't worry that dust/flint would find it's way in there.

I agree that in your case it's too much to ignore/forget about. I would worry about stuff getting caught in there.
It does seem like the bottom panel is (at least part of) the problem.
On the second and third pic specifically it looks like there's some burrs/imperfections on the metal that might indicate a faulty production.
Is it only at the bottom? My guess would be that another metal panel would probably fix the issue?
But yeah: i think i would send it back too or at least send the CS a picture with my concerns asking their advice.

Never cool to have to send something back so i understand it's a bit of a bummer but pretty sure they will do the right thing and you'll be happy in the end!
Good luck anyway!

eyevape

👀
On the second and third pic specifically it looks like there's some burrs/imperfections on the metal that might indicate a faulty production.
Is it only at the bottom? My guess would be that another metal panel would probably fix the issue?
No metal burrs there. The light falls in, so you can see the top edge as well as the bottom surface. Due to different focal planes, one is unsharp and may look like imperfections. The 2nd pic shows the edge of the board, I’d say.

My guess is the other way around. To me it looks like they have ground the wood a little too much, now in some places it’s too small for a snug fit. You’re right, it’s worse at the bottom, as seen on pic 1-2. Pic 3-4 showing the top.

I’m also concerned about stuff and moisture entering the gaps. I’ve sent them the pictures I posted here, I think they’ll agree.

Never cool to have to send something back so i understand it's a bit of a bummer but pretty sure they will do the right thing and you'll be happy in the end!
Good luck anyway!
Thanks. Yeah, it’ll be fine in the end. Luckily I have my good old TM2, so it’s not that much of a bummer. New devices always feel different, especially this one as it’s noticeable heavier, which I like. But after all they’re pretty much the same device function wise. At least that’s what I keep telling myself to not be sad letting it go 😅

eyevape,
Reactions: cosimo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’m also concerned about stuff and moisture entering the gaps. I’ve sent them the pictures I posted here, I think they’ll agree

FWIW the original TM had this issue much more prominently, however I've never had any issue with either of mine in this regard, and I've never heard of anyone else having these issues of stuff falling in the gaps? Just light leaking, and not being as flush, fit and finish not as nice... I don't really see why there's any concern over moisture in particular though, as technically that could always be at risk regardless even if it was flush fitting well, keep all moisture away!

eyevape

👀
Just light leaking, and not being as flush, fit and finish not as nice... I don't really see why there's any concern
I have my TM2 for almost 3 years now, so I got very well used to the look and feel. This unit is close to perfect, no matter how closely you look. Having that for so long and now seeing these gaps however doesn’t feel good. I can’t stop myself from comparing, no matter if it’s affecting the durability or not. It triggers me cause I know it could be perfect.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have my TM2 for almost 3 years now, so I got very well used to the look and feel. This unit is close to perfect, no matter how closely you look. Having that for so long and now seeing these gaps however doesn’t feel good. I can’t stop myself from comparing, no matter if it’s affecting the durability or not. It triggers me cause I know it could be perfect.

Yeah sorry I wasn't thorough enough in my post actually, that point I didn't respond to because I totally agree with you! You paid a lot, it is a high-end device with fancy nice wood, all the upgrades, absolutely perfectly reasonable to want it to have the same fit and finish that you are used to already (I didn't think we had seen this mentioned before by other people who got the purple heart, I wonder if the wood being trickier to work etc could have made this more like the OG instead of the TM2 there, however hopefully it is just a one-off fluke for yours that they can rectify quickly, likely replace)

badbee

Due to fear of loss I pulled the trigger on the PH, which has been delivered today. Looks nice, feels nice, hits nice.. but I discovered some gaps between wood and metal, that my old TM2 doesn’t have.

It hurts, but this beauty will go back. I want an even more durable TM2 for out and about, but these gaps do not inspire my trust. Hopefully they’ll exchange it to a unit that is as perfectly built as my trustworthy TM2.

This is a product made out of wood. That gap will change size every time the humidity changes. If you are unhappy with this you are probably better off with something not made from natural materials.

badbee,
Reactions: Dr. G

eyevape

👀
This is a product made out of wood. That gap will change size every time the humidity changes. If you are unhappy with this you are probably better off with something not made from natural materials.
Afaik they have a special way of drying the wood to keep it from changing size too much. And my TM2 seems to prove that as its non existing gap didn’t change at all over the years. And this particular unit has been through a lot, so I consider the reason for the gaps more in the handcraft.

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

If you zoom right in, I think it's the bottom plate has taken a hit and dented that portion some. The wood is likely perfect. Removing the bottom panel would show the story. Might just need a new bottom panel. Only quark is the serial number transfer.

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
I don’t believe it is. It’s a compact camera/gadget case. I was hoping it would’ve been a bit smaller but it will hold either of my TMs with the TM2 being a tad larger than the OG TM. PM me if you want to know the brand. :peace:
Thanks for the info! I use an external hard drive case for my Crafty+, it does the job of smell proof for it, but not with the TM2 PH, the smell proof cases they sell on the internet are expensive and according to the reviews they are not that good, so my search continues! I saw you were going to Keys, haven’t been there in years (I live in Miami), you got to be lucky with the traffic!

Gorillaz7,
Reactions: Dr. G

eyevape

👀
If you zoom right in, I think it's the bottom plate has taken a hit and dented that portion some. The wood is likely perfect. Removing the bottom panel would show the story. Might just need a new bottom panel.
It’s hard to tell if it’s the metal or the wood. I assumed that the wood is more hand treated than the metal part, and it’s easy to grind a bit too far. But in case of denting the metal this could also be true. Either way, I won’t find out myself by screwing off the panel. This one is a bit too pricey for my lousy home improvement skills.

Cdwhit

I know the Purple Heart TM2 has some updates over the oak and hickory TM2s. Are those updates going to be carried over to the others? I really prefer the other woods, but would like the updated internals.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
It’s hard to tell if it’s the metal or the wood. I assumed that the wood is more hand treated than the metal part, and it’s easy to grind a bit too far. But in case of denting the metal this could also be true. Either way, I won’t find out myself by screwing off the panel. This one is a bit too pricey for my lousy home improvement skills.
I can't say that I blame you. I just thought it might save some downtime with shipping back and forth.

Pipes,
Reactions: eyevape

eyevape

👀
I can't say that I blame you. I just thought it might save some downtime with shipping back and forth.
Honestly I’m thinking about exchanging it with a Solo 3 anyway, as this probably would be a better addition to my collection than a second TM2. Even though I like the sturdy feel and the color, the PH adds nothing but a bit more feel of safety. I’m super careful with my devices anyway, so it should make no difference in practice.

Also kinda cool to know that the perfect appearance of my TM2 is not self evident. Also kind of uncool, but you get me 😄

Vaporific

know the Purple Heart TM2 has some updates over the oak and hickory TM2s. Are those updates going to be carried over to the others? I really prefer the other woods, but would like the updated internals.
One would believe the internal upgrade with the PH TM2 would be carried forward on all new units but I don’t think that has been officially confirmed. The biggest upgrade is zirconium glass around the heater and reinforced heater coil posts if I recall.

Glad I brought extra batteries to Key West with my OG TM - it’s been a Plasma Gas and my TM rocks every single time. :peace:

Top Bottom