TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And don't tell me about the difference due to the fact that the flowers need to be heated. A difference of 70 degrees from the stated temperature is not normal, but the fact that the temperature continues to rise and does not stop is the WORST THING!:|

... Why do you say that is not normal? What could you possibly say is normal...? Do you have any experience with pure convection vaping other than this, on demand?? Because all effective implementations involve heating elements that rise in temperature to keep up with the users inhale cooling at the same time... Not only is that normal, it is the best for this type of vape...

And now I understand why, using TM2, if you drag it out for a long time, you get a taste of burning in the end... I didn't understand why, but now I understand - the device does NOT STOP at the stated temperature and continues to reach higher values. Then what does the manufacturer mean by "precise temperature control"?:uhoh:

Yes... That is why it is on demand, you are supposed to let go of the button and continue inhaling to fully clear the hit of vapor and heat each time... Precisely why I would not use session mode, there is no way to clear unless you remove the stem or power off the device... Some people do use it that way however, and they don't seem to have the problems you suggest?

regarding the comfort of vaping, an accurately maintained level of upper temperature is extremely important in order not to feel the taste of burnt at the end of a long puff.

Okay the TM does this though, your test does not demonstrate a failure of this, because you are not using it the proper way to have this experience...

And I started them not with TM2 PH, but with Dynavap and Xlux Roffu

Exactly my point, dynavap is a conduction heavy hybrid, Roffu can be some pure convection, but it can also be some conduction hybrid, it functions very differently, much smaller with much less power present (and many other material differences) they're not pure convection on demand like the TM and specifically regarding temp measurements they would not really be comparable at all...

Yes, I have. Look at the Xlux Roffu theme, I took measurements there with the same stand. Roffu claims 220 degrees and I have identified 230 degrees. 10 degrees is an acceptable difference for heating the chamber and the flowers. But not 70 degrees!! and not an endless increase in temperature. Do you think 330 degrees in session mode is normal? And the fact that the temperature continues to rise -how do you feel about it? And if you run the device in beast mode (I haven't tried it yet) - can I see 400 degrees there? And will they write to me that this is normal, too?

I explained above, they work so differently in how they are designed, if this is your priorities, then you are in the wrong place... You seem to have inferred meaning based on your own perspective, which is fine, seems this is just not for you...

Exactly this:
I believe the "precision temperature control" is more about the user being able to extract how they want (e.g., hot and fast, or cool and slow) using the analog dial. It's important to note that although it has a session mode, I don't believe that is where is excels. For me, this is definitely an on-demand, convection vape at it's core.
And exactly this:
Session mode doesn't allow for the device to cool off between hits like in demand does. It's been said many times this isn't really session mode, it's just pressing the button for you

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
How accurate is your thermometer? You don't say what type of thermocouple you've used ( different ones for different purposes and different accuracies in different circumstances. You also don't show any calibration of your measuring equipment.

Exactly, the inexpensive bead type probes that are usually included with many DMM’s are fairly accurate in liquid mediums like water. They become more accurate when the bead at the end of the probe wires are physically mated to a surface. Example: if soldered to a piece of metal you are measuring. These bead probes are fine for measuring certain things if used properly for the applications they were designed for. For measuring AIRFLOW temperatures accurately, there are proper measurement probes, most are a lot more expensive then a $2.00 bead probe.

As far as DMM (digital multimeters), calibration, most technicians use 3 meters to rule out the odd measurements, or in addition, buying a DMM Calibration module that puts out various extremely accurate signals that will show how accurate your meter really is. (I have all of the above). Assuming the DMM is accurate, the next step is determining how accurate the type of probe is. Again, having more then one probe is helpful, but for the inexpensive “bead tip” types, you can measure both boiling water and freezing cold water, as these temperatures are known.
Personally, having played with all this in the past, I no longer bother, especially with small vape devices. It’s an exercise in futility. I can tell from using a device if the temperature changes, and if those changes are consistent.

None of this means the TM2 in question is working properly or not.
Have FUN!

RAMMSTEIN

Hi,

I am new to vaping and have been smoking joints for the last 25 years.
I haven't smoked joints or tobacco for 4 weeks.
First I got S&B Crafty+ and was happy with it.
But the high still wasn't enough for me because I have a pretty high tolerance (2-3 grams per day)

I thought the Crafty+ was ok, but there was still something missing.
So I got a Dynavap 7XL 3 weeks ago and I'm very happy with it.

It gives me a good high and there's no danger of me smoking joints because Dynavap with a bong gives me a pretty good high and I'm happy.

Ok, Tinymight 2 is finally coming :)

Since I imagine that the high with TM 2 is better and stronger than Crafty, I'm thinking about buying it.
Now Dynavap gave me a taste for microdosing.
In Dynavap, 0.1 is enough to get a good high in one session.

In Crafty I usually have 0.2g in one capsule and find that despite 0.2g it gets you less high than 0.1 in Dynavap.
How do I do it with TM 2 and microdosing?

0.05g doesn't have to be, but 0.1g?

I don't want to pull 10 times either. I'm happy when I have a good pull or two, but I get it in well :)
Then there's the question about accessories... I think I need a bong adapter... Because Dynavap is too hard for me without a bong...
and I read that TM2 makes a lot of clouds and would be too strong for my neck... That's why I need something to cool it down.
The most important thing for me would be to know if it works well with microdosing and is as efficient as Dynavap. ?

thx

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The most important thing for me would be to know if it works well with microdosing and is as efficient as Dynavap. ?

Yes, and yes, most of us would recommend aftermarket glass cooling stems and hooks instead of the stock setup, not necessarily needing water, these are arguably better at cooling (smoothing) the vapor too

avtpl

I don't use beast mode, but I guess I might if I wanted to use it with hash, etc. (?)

It could be your TM2 behaves incorrectly or by design, either way I don't believe you'll find a lot of owners here bothered by it. The reason is most are able to successfully dial in specific results when using the device. Admittedly, it is a more serious device and I wouldn't recommend it to new users or the "set and forget" crowd because of this (and the price).

I believe the "precision temperature control" is more about the user being able to extract how they want (e.g., hot and fast, or cool and slow) using the analog dial. It's important to note that although it has a session mode, I don't believe that is where is excels. For me, this is definitely an on-demand, convection vape at it's core.

In the end, sorry to hear your are disappointed after purchasing a relatively expensive product. You may be able to return it (?) or sell it for a small loss on the exchange. Sounds like the Roffu is a better fit for you?
I didn't like Roffu, I'm getting rid of it. Plastic, tight tightening, hybrid heating -it loses TM2 in all respects. I use only TM2. But Roffu meets its stated temperature characteristics, which TM 2 cannot boast of.

I also measured the temperature in beast mode -277 degrees on one long puff versus 270 degrees at the same temperature, but only in session mode. What the hell is the difference?
Well done for having a go a scientific measurements, however I have a few comments...

Precise temperature control doesn't necessarily mean precise temperature measurement. It's marketing speak, albeit confusing, for being able to maintain a set heating level regardless (within normal parameters) of draw strength. Session mode doesn't allow for the device to cool off between hits like in demand does. It's been said many times this isn't really session mode, it's just pressing the button for you for what's most frequently a single bong hot with possible a second clean up hit, and I think this should be considered. Did you try the same test with on demand mode allowing for an exhale?

How accurate is your thermometer? You don't say what type of thermocouple you've used ( different ones for different purposes and different accuracies in different circumstances. You also don't show any calibration of your measuring equipment. When you switch it on it reads 30c and, although possible, I doubt your ambient temp is at that level as it's not a comfortable level for most people. If you're off by ~10 degrees at room temp that delta will probably be greater as measured temp increases.

I do think the load makes a difference to the observed temperature too, so a completely dry pack of cotton isn't really analoguous of a moist load of herb. The water prevents the temp from runaway, like what happens in a kettle before the water starts to boil.

30 degrees on the display- don't let it bother you, I took measurements before shooting the video and it's just the residual temperature of the thermocouple, which cooled to a value close to the temperature of the air. The air temperature was +20 degrees. Also, do not doubt about the multimeter - it is accurate, because on Xlux Roffu it showed 230 degrees, at the stated 220.

But 10 is beast mode, no?
;)

Did you also do tests at lower temps in on demand mode?
Did it overshoot the (expected) temp on low temps in on demand mode too?
How about the stability then? Does the temp continue to rise on those settings?

I never took the temps (don't have the equipment to do this precisely) but i do know that all my TM's behave very consistent: there's some difference between different units but every device acts very stable and delivers very consistent results.
i know exactly what to expect when i put my PH on level 4. It does the same thing, every single time!!
It is very repeatable and acts/vapes very stable on every temp i tried it (i don't go beast mode tho, don't think i ever went over 8 tbh)
Never had it overheat because i took a long ass draw.

I never used session mode tho so can't speak for that but i expect it to be as stable as it is in on demand mode...

I will measure different modes in the future, it requires a lot of free time, but what exactly did I see:
1) Beast mode and session mode and mode differ by only 7-10 degrees.
2) The temperature, although slowly, continues to creep up, having no limit!!
3) Temperatures after one long puff in standard mode (6) at "10" easily exceed 270-280 degrees, at the promised 230 degrees
Try it with herbs inside. Should be instant combustion at this temperature and I suspect it will not.
Did you try using it before complaining ?
yes, with a long puff on "10", the flower turns black after use, and you can smell and taste burning -this happens on all tm 2 that I used. that's why I decided to check the temperature!
If you didn't try the vape with herbs yet, I think you'll forget about all this after your first sesh because it's a really great vaporizer that always performs 💪😉
Please hear me -I repeat over and over again that I use tm2 all the time. I tested my friends' TM2 -the same results shown above. They all work identically. And they show the same temperature in the tests as the PH. What makes you think that PH with herbs will behave differently? Do you want to believe in a miracle? I'm sorry, I'm an engineer and I trust numbers. If the HP repeats the walnut version by numbers, then it will work with colors exactly the same - by the end of a long puff there will be a smell and a taste of burning! I buy a limited-edition device and want it to have a temperature limit so that it does not grow to 300 degrees and above, but instead I get a red-hot reactor without an upper limit and wonder why they did not pass this limit for $ 425?? Why do they talk about precise control??

Last edited:

dukes00

I didn't like Roffu, I'm getting rid of it. Plastic, tight tightening, hybrid heating -it loses TM2 in all respects. I use only TM2. But Roffu meets its stated temperature characteristics, which TM 2 cannot boast of.

I also measured the temperature in beast mode -277 degrees on one long puff versus 270 degrees at the same temperature, but only in session mode. What the hell is the difference?

30 degrees on the display- don't let it bother you, I took measurements before shooting the video and it's just the residual temperature of the thermocouple, which cooled to a value close to the temperature of the air. The air temperature was +20 degrees. Also, do not doubt about the multimeter - it is accurate, because on Xlux Roffu it showed 230 degrees, at the stated 220.

I will measure different modes in the future, it requires a lot of free time, but what exactly did I see:
1) Beast mode and session mode and mode differ by only 7-10 degrees.
2) The temperature, although slowly, continues to creep up, having no limit!!
3) Temperatures after one long puff in standard mode (6) at "10" easily exceed 270-280 degrees, at the promised 230 degrees
But did you use the TM2 recreationally, outside of the tests? Did it behave as it should?

avtpl

But did you use the TM2 recreationally, outside of the tests? Did it behave as it should?
Absolutely! I only use it, the walnut version. I also tested it with a thermocouple and it showed the same numbers as the PH. I love high temperatures and am very tired of having to try to guess how long to take a puff so that I don't smell burning at the end! And all tm2 behave exactly the same! I use and tested several pieces -they are all so uncontrollably creeping up the temperature to 300 degrees and above!

I am surprised by the reaction of the majority here! You were given measurements on a platter, I spent time on this, being an avid lover of TM2 myself , but instead of a critical discussion and searching for the truth, they try to tell me about the inaccuracy of the multimeter or give me advice to finally try herbs, as if I were a newcomer to whom TM2 got into my hands for the first time. Although I constantly use tm 2 walnut and the temperature on it also rises uncontrollably! I got tired of it and decided to try the limited version of PH - but there is the same unlimited temperature rise!

Why are you writing to me about the inaccuracy of the multimeter? What kind of inaccuracy is there, even if the multimeter on the Roffu, which I dream of selling to someone, showed 230 degrees at 220 declared?

Please do not turn into sectarians, but rather check my information, and then draw conclusions - I will be happy if someone takes the same measurements and takes it on video, then we will talk.

I don't want to be a blind sectarian! Yes, TM2 is great, I use it and will continue to use it. But the fact remains that the temperature in it differs from the declared one by at least 70 degrees and continues to climb beyond 300 degrees and above, without stopping! You are trying to ignore this data, reassuring yourself that I was wrong, while completely ignoring the fact that my multimeter was used in other vaporizers, confirming its accuracy! I am an engineer, I am accountable for my words. And yes, I spent about $500 of my money on PH because I'm a fan of this vaporizer myself! But I was extremely upset by the objective figures of the test! And now do I have to pretend that everything is fine, too??

Last edited:

dukes00

I am surprised by the reaction of the majority here! You were given measurements on a platter, I spent time on this, being an avid lover of TM2 myself , but instead of a critical discussion and searching for the truth, they try to tell me about the inaccuracy of the multimeter or give me advice to finally try herbs, as if I were a newcomer to whom TM2 got into my hands for the first time. Although I constantly use tm 2 walnut and the temperature on it also rises uncontrollably! I got tired of it and decided to try the limited version of PH - but there is the same unlimited temperature rise!

I think the reaction you got stems from the fact that all of us here use the TM2 a lot and are very happy with it, we can't see the issue that is. So what that the temperature goes above, no one has the lungs to pull that long and at the end of the day it's a 100% convection device. If it roasts the herbs well (and it sure does), what do I care if it could theoretically burn itself down if I were to pull on it for a couple minutes?

I think it's good we test the devices we use, but the fact of the matter is that the TM2 continues to be one of, if not the best TED out there, despite this flaw.

avtpl

I think the reaction you got stems from the fact that all of us here use the TM2 a lot and are very happy with it, we can't see the issue that is. So what that the temperature goes above, no one has the lungs to pull that long and at the end of the day it's a 100% convection device. If it roasts the herbs well (and it sure does), what do I care if it could theoretically burn itself down if I were to pull on it for a couple minutes?

I think it's good we test the devices we use, but the fact of the matter is that the TM2 continues to be one of, if not the best TED out there, despite this flaw.
I agree with you on this -not many people use tm2 at high values of the regulator. Most people generally prefer low-temperature vaping clouds and all that.. At low settings, it is impossible to face an uncontrolled increase in temperature and therefore most users do not realize that their TM2 does not have a temperature plateau. I think the manufacturer did not bother with the exact regulation of the upper temperature, because most users would not have noticed the difference.

My case is different - I always use the division "10", in standard mode 6 (green light when turned on). I prefer a high-speed set of high temperatures, because it is in this mode that I can use the minimum number of flowers with maximum effect. And I was always annoyed by the smell of burning at the end of a puff.

But regardless of preferences, I consider it cunning to talk about "precise temperature control", and I also consider it dangerous that the temperature rises above 300 degrees. I hope the manufacturer will see these questions. I would like to hear her explanation.

I am now facing a dilemma - high-temperature vaping for me with tm2 is always a fume at the end. And there is also the problem of disappointment from buying the PH version. This is not what I expected for this money.

In any case, I will continue to use TM2, although now I know about its main drawback and I will treat the manufacturer's announcements with distrust - everything needs to be confirmed only by numbers. Words are just words. I'm talking about "precise control".

avtpl,
  • Haha
Reactions: azr

The_M

Hi,

But the high still wasn't enough for me because I have a pretty high tolerance (2-3 grams per day)

It gives me a good high and there's no danger of me smoking joints because Dynavap with a bong gives me a pretty good high and I'm happy.

Since I imagine that the high with TM 2 is better and stronger than Crafty, I'm thinking about buying it.

In Crafty I usually have 0.2g in one capsule and find that despite 0.2g it gets you less high than 0.1 in Dynavap.

I don't want to pull 10 times either. I'm happy when I have a good pull or two, but I get it in well :)
Then there's the question about accessories... I think I need a bong adapter... Because Dynavap is too hard for me without a bong...
and I read that TM2 makes a lot of clouds and would be too strong for my neck... That's why I need something to cool it down.

thx
Both dynavap and TM allows u to extract every drop of THC /other cannabinoids from material, how high u get depends on quality of material amount loaded

The_M,

avtpl

Both dynavap and TM allows u to extract every drop of THC /other cannabinoids from material, how high u get depends on quality of material amount loaded
That's not so. The level of THC extraction is strongly influenced by temperature. Check out the studies on the effect of temperature on the level of THC extraction for the Vulcano vaporizer. There is also a discussion on this research on this forum. I repeat, I have no desire to argue on the basis of speculation and beliefs. I only trust research with objective indicators such as numbers and values.

Last edited:
avtpl,

Old Moderate

I have never used 10 on the dial so perhaps that setting is different than the others. I am very interested in these type of temperature measurements and I have been making some laser temp measurements of ball-packed stems, finding around a 30 -40 degree C delta across the balls but my measured max on the herb pack immediately after my hit (on #4 using on-demand with a 3 sec pull at the end with the button released to clear the stem per @Shit Snacks recommendation was 70 C. @avtpl i would love for you to try this measure again at #4 on the dial with on-demand mode. I suspect that at lower dial you would see the temp stabilize. Worth a. Heck and I’ll see if I can come up with a way to test it too, but not at 10. To me 10 means give me all you got, and I could see designing it to continually heat at the highest setting. Best to try a lower setting to confirm.

Old Moderate,

avtpl

I have never used 10 on the dial so perhaps that setting is different than the others. I am very interested in these type of temperature measurements and I have been making some laser temp measurements of ball-packed stems, finding around a 30 -40 degree C delta across the balls but my measured max on the herb pack immediately after my hit (on #4 using on-demand with a 3 sec pull at the end with the button released to clear the stem per @Shit Snacks recommendation was 70 C. @avtpl i would love for you to try this measure again at #4 on the dial with on-demand mode. I suspect that at lower dial you would see the temp stabilize. Worth a. Heck and I’ll see if I can come up with a way to test it too, but not at 10. To me 10 means give me all you got, and I could see designing it to continually heat at the highest setting. Best to try a lower setting to confirm.
1) Measuring with a laser level is a really hopeless task, because cheap laser thermometers simply cannot measure the temperature of metal because of their shiny surface. And in general, to measure the temperature of metals, you need to use a serious laser level with correction coefficients for a specific metal.

I am writing about this because I also started with a laser thermometer until I realized that it shows unrealistic values.

2) I will be happy to complete your measurement assignment, but give me a more precise introduction -I did not quite understand you. Measure in "4" mode (calibrate to 4 ?) on what division ? In session mode or on demand?

Old Moderate

Hi,

thx

I typically use 0.050 g (50 mg) on the TM2. Clearly it in 1 or two hits at 7 on the dial. For two people I use 0.10 g or so finishing in 6 hits at just under 4 on the dial.

Old Moderate,
Reactions: RAMMSTEIN

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
And all tm2 behave exactly the same! I use and tested several pieces

I have to admit that I am very skeptical of your findings. One, you don't seem to understand how to use a temperature probe, and you don't appear to know the margin of error for your probes, which even with top of the line devices can be around 5°C.

And then there is this statement you made on the counterfeit Tinymight thread:

I don’t have the original.

How many authentic devices have you purchased and tested? I don't trust anyone who would purchase a fake and you appear to own multiple fakes.

As I warned you before, this thread is ONLY for authentic devices discussion. I am tempted to remove your posts if I suspect any of this was relating to the knock-offs.

Hagbard Celine

How many authentic devices have you purchased and tested? I don't trust anyone who would purchase a fake and you appear to own multiple fakes.

Regarding the comfort of vaping, an accurately maintained level of upper temperature is extremely important in order not to feel the taste of burnt at the end of a long puff. That's why I started taking measurements. And I started them not with TM2 PH, but with Dynavap and Xlux Roffu. There are my posts on this topic in the Roffu topic. I also measured the temperature in chinemight 2. To my disappointment, the TM2 PH showed the same level of temperature control -the temperature continues to rise above 300 degrees.

He has discussed in multiple posts that he purchased an authentic Purpleheart TM2, including the price he paid, etc. I dont see why there is such reason to doubt this. He is also disclosing in the quote above that he has tried this testing with a fake tinymight for comparison sake (the point being, it's a COMPARISON to the authentic vape, still a relevant piece of info, imo). I dont see the issue with him taking measurements and looking for others to confirm/disagree with the results.

However, I agree with others in that @avtpl should try this testing at a lower setting and in ON DEMAND mode and compare the results. It seems that ON DEMAND mode might be a little closer to what he even wants out of this vape anyway, but then I cant speak for @avtpl here.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
he has tried this testing with a fake tinymight for comparison sake (the point being, it's a COMPARISON to the authentic vape, still a relevant piece of info, imo
Comparisons are also explicitly not allowed in device threads. This includes to counterfeits and the Roffu.

I find this whole digression mostly wrong headed. It's been pointed out many times the flaws in the methodology. But we are like 20 posts into this essentially useless discussion.

avtpl

And then there is this statement you made on the counterfeit Tinymight thread:

As I warned you before, this thread is ONLY for authentic devices discussion. I am tempted to remove your posts if I suspect any of this was relating to the knock-offs.
My TinyMight 2 Pearl Hurt was purchased at the Vgoodiez store , order number #47530 on A*** T***, ask the store representative present at the forum, I allow them to disclose the details of the specified order to the forum administration.

I confirm that I said "I don't have the original", it was a few months ago and the attempt to make me look like a liar because of these words upsets me extremely because:

1) At first I didn't have the original, I wrote about it a few months ago, there were Chinese replicas that I took apart inside and out by posting a photo report on this forum. I also checked how the thermal control works in them using a multimeter with a thermocouple. I mentioned this above a few posts ago. If you found my words a few months ago, please find these too. I wrote about it myself.

2) After getting acquainted with the Chinese replica of terrible quality, I first borrowed the original TM2 from a friend for a while, and later bought another one for myself. Several of my friends have original TM2, which I also tested for temperature control. And I thought that the problem with thermal control concerns only the original TM2 of the usual series and therefore purchased the PH version, hoping that everything is different in it. I was sure of this, so in the process of buying, I sold my walnut TM2 to a friend, because this TM2 did not suit me because of the lack of thermal control over the upper temperature, and also because I decided to switch to a more expensive version of PH. In parallel with this, I had 3 pieces of Roffu (don't worry, the originals) and I was even able to sell one of them. Have I told you everything in enough detail to convince you that a lot of things can change in a few months of life?

3) On the issue of the lack of thermal control, which I raised with regard to PH - if you watched my video, at the very beginning I show the documents for the purchase of TinyMight 2 Pearl Hurt in the Vgoodiez store and if this is not enough for you, I can provide them personally to you or the administration of this forum! My purchase number from Vgoodiez is #47530 on A*** T***, ask the store representative present at the forum, I allow them to disclose the details of the specified order to the forum administration.. If this information is not enough for you, I will be happy to provide you with the purchase documents from Vgoodiez

I would appreciate it if, after checking my order details with Vgoodiez, you would write here that I am not a liar and my device is genuine - because that's exactly what it is.

4) I hope the reason for your post is not that I allowed myself to explore the operation of the device, having thoroughly understood the operation of the device? Or are such messages not welcome in this topic? Do I not have the right, after paying almost $ 500, to share with you information about the experience of using this ORIGINAL device?

Last edited:

Hagbard Celine

Comparisons are also explicitly not allowed in device threads. This includes to counterfeits and the Roffu.

Point taken. But lets be honest... people are constantly making comments in their posts that effectively compare their level of satisfaction of one device over another. I think the problem here is he is actually taking measurements and discussing them... I'm guessing there should be somewhere users are allowed to have these sort of higher-level type discussions.

I find this whole digression mostly wrong headed. It's been pointed out many times the flaws in the methodology. But we are like 20 posts into this essentially useless discussion.

The main flaw is he hasnt done the proper controls or the most interesting comparisons (on demand vs session mode). Other than that the results have been interesting to note. It is likely this is just how the device functions, it's not that surprising.

I'll also agree with some of what others are saying about this 'precise temperature control' marketing tagline... Chasing the meaning if this is about as worthwhile as looking into claims about 'America's Favorite Beer' :lol:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Speaking about me personally, I am not upset with avtpl's research, but I don't agree with the methodology or approach. There's been multiple references to being an engineer which I assume is intended to justify the curiosity for testing as well as boost credibility. I've been an engineer for almost 3 decades and feel we are getting caught up the "marketing speak" issue, even though I don't believe it is as nearly as egregious as has been insinuated.

The "precision" of the TM2 is primarily dependent on a capable user's understanding of how to maximize its potential. The relatively simple design provides a powerful heater than can be increased or decreased based on the analog dial. Its primary, and most applicable operating mode is on-demand (blinking led), which is important when discussing temperature precision. For the TM2, if using session mode (solid LED), the heater remains on at set power level a can continually heat soak the contents of the bowl. To avoid this, on-demand mode should be used (e.g., depress button until haptic feedback, take hit, release button, clear remaining heat/vapor) to allow for a more consistent experience. While not automatic, this is the precise control available if you know how to harness it. It is not necessarily a vape for uninitiated or inexperienced consumer.

Back to the experiment, the original video had the metal cooling adapter sticking out from the stem and apparently touching the top of the heater. This nullifies the results in my opinion since the metal will conduct heat and drive probe temp upwards. This needs to be moved up into the stem at a minimum. Secondly, the tests should be done in on-demand mode to avoid continual heat soaking. The TM2 session mode is good for quick extraction and/or easier group sharing, or through a water pipe where the device is upside down and less likely to heat soak the contents.

Hope this helps.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Point taken. But lets be honest... people are constantly making comments in their posts that effectively compare their level of satisfaction of one device over another.
I feel like we tend to allow a lot of grey area on comparisons. As you can see, I haven't removed any posts in this particular diversion. I usually include a gentle reminder before taking any action.

Last edited:

avtpl

Speaking about me personally, I am not upset with avtpl's research, but I don't agree with the methodology or approach. There's been multiple references to being an engineer which I assume is intended to justify the curiosity for testing as well as boost credibility. I've been an engineer for almost 3 decades and feel we are getting caught up the "marketing speak" issue, even though I don't believe it is as nearly as egregious as has been insinuated.

The "precision" of the TM2 is primarily dependent on a capable user's understanding of how to maximize its potential. The relatively simple design provides a powerful heater than can be increased or decreased based on the analog dial. Its primary, and most applicable operating mode is on-demand (blinking led), which is important when discussing temperature precision. For the TM2, if using session mode (solid LED), the heater remains on at set power level a can continually heat soak the contents of the bowl. To avoid this, on-demand mode should be used (e.g., depress button until haptic feedback, take hit, release button, clear remaining heat/vapor) to allow for a more consistent experience. While not automatic, this is the precise control available if you know how to harness it. It is not necessarily a vape for uninitiated or inexperienced consumer.

Back to the experiment, the original video had the metal cooling adapter sticking out from the stem and apparently touching the top of the heater. This nullifies the results in my opinion since the metal will conduct heat and drive probe temp upwards. This needs to be moved up into the stem at a minimum. Secondly, the tests should be done in on-demand mode to avoid continual heat soaking. The TM2 session mode is good for quick extraction and/or easier group sharing, or through a water pipe where the device is upside down and less likely to heat soak the contents.

Hope this helps.
I read it and immediately did as you said, I reached a temperature of 300 degrees in 2 sips in session mode, just like in my first video! I lifted the capsule 4mm from the top of the heating element. Now the capsule did not touch the bottom of the chamber. Also, let me remind you that the thermocouple is located in the air chamber of the capsule.

avtpl,

Hagbard Celine

Speaking about me personally, I am not upset with avtpl's research, but I don't agree with the methodology or approach.

Agreed, I am not upset either. In fact, if the changes to methodology and other comparisons called upon were done the results might be quite interesting. Some folks just tend to get overly nervous or upset when they start to see their favorite devices being discussed in ways that might be taken in a negative light...especially when experimentation and numbers get involved. Although to be fair, we should be very careful with these types of 'scientific' discussions in order to remain unbiased.

Agreed again on all fronts.

I read it and immediately did as you said, I reached a temperature of 300 degrees in 2 pulls, just like in my first video!I lifted the capsule 4 mm from the top of the heating element. Now the capsule did not touch the bottom of the chamber. Also, let me remind you that the thermocouple is located in the air chamber of the capsule.

@avtpl It still isnt clear if you have done this in ON DEMAND mode! I think you should stop trying this in session mode.

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I read it and immediately did as you said, I reached a temperature of 300 degrees in 2 pulls, just like in my first video!I
Can you give some more info about how exactly you measured this time?

In on demand mode?
With the dial on 10?
Device still calibrated to the max level? (White mode?)
Length of draw?

If you want us to respect the numbers you'll need to give these numbers too...
;)

666Honeybadger,

avtpl

Can you give some more info about how exactly you measured this time?

In on demand mode?
With the dial on 10?
Device still calibrated to the max level? (White mode?)
Length of draw?

If you want us to respect the numbers you'll need to give these numbers too...
;)
I checked in session mode and on demand -300/308 degrees of temperature. Two puffs of 25 seconds each. The device is in standard mode (6 - green light), dividing the regulator by "10"

avtpl,
Top Bottom