TinyMight / TM 2

Unfortunately, my TinyMight 1 stopped heating up. When I turned it on for a fresh bowl, it burnt up on the first hit like I've never experienced with a vaporizer before. So I checked the chamber and found that the inner glass was broken. I replaced it and thought it was good to go, but then I noticed that the screen was touching the heating element and that the screen had melted a little to the heating element. I was able to remove the screen and clean the heater with iso, but there are still some pieces on the heater (see attached pictures). I tried to use the unit as I thought the rest would be fine.

Unfortunately, the unit doesn't heat up. The tinymight vibrates and signals that it's ready to go, but it does so very quickly, so I assume that the heater isn't working at all (I don't feel any heat either).

I have read on FC that it could be the small metal connector on the top shell. I've tried putting a piece of paper underneath it so that it's connected to the upper shell, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what to try next? I'm a bit afraid I've destroyed the little thing :(

Picture of the heating unit:
IMG-2795.jpg

Picture of the piece of paper I've added:
IMG-2797.jpg

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
This case works perfectly for my Crafty and TM2;
Just search Orico Cases or

GL.iNet Gadget Organizer Case for Travel Routers GL-AXT1800/​

Tried to past the Link, but it’s too long.

Gorillaz7,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Unfortunately, my TinyMight 1 stopped heating up. When I turned it on for a fresh bowl, it burnt up on the first hit like I've never experienced with a vaporizer before. So I checked the chamber and found that the inner glass was broken. I replaced it and thought it was good to go, but then I noticed that the screen was touching the heating element and that the screen had melted a little to the heating element. I was able to remove the screen and clean the heater with iso, but there are still some pieces on the heater (see attached pictures). I tried to use the unit as I thought the rest would be fine.

Unfortunately, the unit doesn't heat up. The tinymight vibrates and signals that it's ready to go, but it does so very quickly, so I assume that the heater isn't working at all (I don't feel any heat either).

I have read on FC that it could be the small metal connector on the top shell. I've tried putting a piece of paper underneath it so that it's connected to the upper shell, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what to try next? I'm a bit afraid I've destroyed the little thing :(

Picture of the heating unit:
IMG-2795.jpg

Picture of the piece of paper I've added:
IMG-2797.jpg
I'm afraid I think you've shorted out the heater. Contact TM support and they will take care of you. There could be a charge.

Pappy

shmaporist
Well I'm super happy with the performance of the RXL stem! 2 sesh's with it last night and I was surprised how cool and comfortable the big draws were. I am able to take bigger/deeper hits which result in more pronounced effects, very nice!
Got 'em all, tried 'em all, got 4 R-XLs in perpetual rotation. Best taste, easiest draw, biggest clouds.

Pappy,

kilo

Well, I guess it had to happen – my new "Missile" stem from VGEZ rolled off my patio table and broke on the flagstone terrace. I loved that stem – but it's not as tragic as it seemed when I watched it hit the ground. I got to thinking that maybe I could do something with my two titanium stems. Before I even saw the Missile, I'd been experimenting with the titanium stem. What I wanted is a way to have a bunch of quartz beads or stainless ball bearings for cooling but not something I'd have to take apart for routine cleaning.

I used two conical screens to hold the cooling balls in the stem, then I used a rimmed basket screen to hold the weed and a glass mouthpiece (the same one that the Missile uses). This worked out pretty well for routine cleaning but the conical screens were not easy to remove when I wanted to do a really thorough cleaning. They were very difficult to push out with the 7/16 dowel I have for this purpose. I wanted to use the two parts of the TM stainless steel cooling unit but I didn't want to soak those in 99% iso because of possible damage to the o-rings. And it seemed every time I took them out I'd lose a few of the cooling balls!

When I got the Missile I felt that it solved every problem except being breakable. But the glass tube was also really useful because I could monitor the build-up of resin and particles. And I found that I could get a pretty acceptable cleaning just soaking the unit in a solution of Alconox (an industrial detergent) and hot water. So after it broke, and after I recovered from my disappointment, I got out my two titanium stems and went to work. I took the TM cooling units apart and installed the ones with the thicker o-ring in the hot end of the stem, about half an inch inside. I loaded the stems with a mixture of glass balls, BB's, and the quartz balls I salvaged from the broken missile. I put a loose-fitting domed screen on top and installed the mouthpiece – the glass one from VGEZ and a metal one (for which I can't even remember the source) to use outdoors. These now work really well. While I can't see the resin build-up it's just so simple to soak the stem overnight in Alconox and hot water and just pour some hot water through in the morning. I can tell how bad the resin buildup is by shaking the stem and listening to how freely the balls move. Cleaning every night or two is effective and convenient. I'll do a total disassembly for thorough cleaning every now and then but for day-to-day use this is a good system. And the draw is smooth and cool.

eyevape

Just made myself a TM2 protective cap out of leather that also covers the vent holes. It’s a tight fit that won’t come off while the TM2 rumbles around in my bag. It takes a little twist to remove. This is my personal Mk III and it works perfect.

In case someone wants to make their own, you’ll need stiff leather, good glue and one Chicago screw. These are the dimensions:
32 mm outer diameter
22 mm inner ring diameter
16 mm post diameter
7 mm post length
2 mm ring thickness

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Sorry I came late to the rocket stem discussion. I have one from Sneaky Pete and, for the moment, it has taken the lead over my OGB hook. I wouldn't say it cools as well as the hook and wpa, but it has a much smaller footprint. I will say it is many times cooler than my GVB beaded stem. When a glass stem cools well, you can feel in the glass where the heat "ends". In the hook, you can feel the warmth in the right angle joint but the mouthpiece is cool. For the rocket, the heat gets dissapated in the load of beads. For the GVB stem, which is shorter, you still feel the heat in the mouth end. I'm sure the longer pieces are cooler.

I didn't take to the rocket at first, probably because it looks kinda silly and makes the unit top-heavy, but the cooling effect can't be ignored.
I gave up on trying to dry it completely after washing and before using it again. I force an unrimmed basket screen in the bowl end to reduce herb bits from getting in there.

dench

When using the XL Pocket stem, does everyone add steel mesh? I'm going to buy XL Pocket. And afraid that without the mesh, small bits of grass might get inside the stem and then it will be impossible to remove/clean them.

And what kind of case would you recommend for Tinymight 2 together with the XL Pocket stem?

dench,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hi all … any help you could offer for me to find a short titanium stem (maybe 55mm like the OEM glass) - thanks a lot.
Several folks on here were making them a while back. You may want to search who the accessory makers are/were. I don’t have one for either of my TMs. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: ISOFAQ

MrGreenspoon

When using the XL Pocket stem, does everyone add steel mesh? I'm going to buy XL Pocket. And afraid that without the mesh, small bits of grass might get inside the stem and then it will be impossible to remove/clean them.

And what kind of case would you recommend for Tinymight 2 together with the XL Pocket stem?
Like @BabyFacedFinster I always use a rimless basket screen in the Rocket Stem.

Old Moderate

Sorry I came late to the rocket stem discussion. I have one from Sneaky Pete and, for the moment, it has taken the lead over my OGB hook. I wouldn't say it cools as well as the hook and wpa, but it has a much smaller footprint. I will say it is many times cooler than my GVB beaded stem. When a glass stem cools well, you can feel in the glass where the heat "ends". In the hook, you can feel the warmth in the right angle joint but the mouthpiece is cool. For the rocket, the heat gets dissapated in the load of beads. For the GVB stem, which is shorter, you still feel the heat in the mouth end. I'm sure the longer pieces are cooler.

I didn't take to the rocket at first, probably because it looks kinda silly and makes the unit top-heavy, but the cooling effect can't be ignored.
I gave up on trying to dry it completely after washing and before using it again. I force an unrimmed basket screen in the bowl end to reduce herb bits from getting in there.
+1 on that !
Keep your balls wet.

Just this week, I’ve recently discovered it dramatically increases the cooling and also reduces the dry harshness of the vapor. A freshly rinsed stem filled with rubies is the hybrid bong-like cooling I have been looking for. In fact, I filled the short TM stem with 3mm rubies and added a Vgoodies glass mouthpiece and if I rinse the stem with water—blowing out the extra—right before loading a bowl the hits even at high temps are supper cool. Using the heat of the vapor to evaporate liquid water that still coats the balls really sucks the heat out of the vapor. I think having very small amounts of water might be key as makes it easier to evaporate as the balls start to heat up.

Anyone else do this, notice it, or try it?

Is this type of method of cooling used elsewhere in the vape-space?

Note: Heat of vaporization of water is 2260 J g-1 (vs. a water heat capacity of 4 J g-1 degree C-1) so 3 orders of magnitude larger!!!

newola

Majorly late to the party on this one, but just taken delivery of my Tinymight 2. Hands down the best vape I've ever had. Ticks all my requirements: instant heat up, micro dose friendly and packs a punch. It'll be this and my trusty crafty + in rotation now.

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
I always wonder what is next or in store for Tinymight? It is truly a perfect vape...what would improve it? I do not hear anything negative about this vape...the last update on their site was the Purple Heart version...which I have and its gorgeous....other than that...what is new? I guess you cannot mess with perfection. Perfecto! Ciao!

Seantagon

I always wonder what is next or in store for Tinymight? It is truly a perfect vape...what would improve it? I do not hear anything negative about this vape...the last update on their site was the Purple Heart version...which I have and its gorgeous....other than that...what is new? I guess you cannot mess with perfection. Perfecto! Ciao!
I would like the button to work/feel like the older version before they added the rubber spacer. It used to have a nice solid click that was easy to hold, now I find myself using session mode for big hits as to not tire out my hand. Also some sort of digitalness for the temp control would be awesome for future upgrades.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I always wonder what is next or in store for Tinymight? It is truly a perfect vape...what would improve it?
There's little to say about the performance indeed... It's pretty darn good isn't it?

Maybe they could look into further purifying the air intake? Avoid that the incoming airflow goes trough a wood section maybe by adding a titanium (or ceramic) outer tube to line the wood so the airpath is all metal/ceramic and glass from start to finish?
:cool:
;)

They could also perfect the new style stems further imo: change the design of the (interior of the) mouthpiece slightly so it doesn't need the screen under it preventing the balls from clogging it.
Not a fan of the taper on the included glass mouthpiece personally, very much prefer the mouthfeel/taper of my Ditanium mouthpieces.

And ditch the glass screen at the bottom in the stem and replace with a removable screen or glass indentations to keep the balls in.
I use half of a cooling unit to hold the balls in/act as an adjustable bowl. Wide open airflow and no clogging at all!
I do really like my stems with the cooling balls, use my TM2 natively almost exclusively now.

I know it wouldn't improve things but some more wood choices would be nice.
If i see all the vapman's alterations i sometimes dream of a TM2 in some of those woods!
Not sure how suited and ecofriendly every wood is but i'm sure there's options there.
Imagine a black Ebony TM2
:whoa:
or one in dramatic Zebrano or some kind of burl wood..
well, that would be VAS triggering for sure!

And maybe they could have different metal or colored/anodised aluminum for the top/bottom plates?
Ebony body and matching black plates?
Take my money!

Also some sort of digitalness for the temp control would be awesome for future upgrades.

Not sure how you picture this but if this comes with a digital screen i'm out!
:disgust:

Well, not out, i would be in for buying old stock models then.
;)

21700 battery.
I don't kow about that... It would make it bigger and Tiny might be better.
You see what i did there?
:brow:

:D

Last edited:

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
There's little to say about the performance indeed... It's pretty darn good isn't it?

Maybe they could look into further purifying the air intake? Avoid that the incoming airflow goes trough a wood section maybe by adding a titanium (or ceramic) outer tube to line the wood so the airpath is all metal/ceramic and glass from start to finish?
:cool:
;)

They could also perfect the new style stems further imo: change the design of the (interior of the) mouthpiece slightly so it doesn't need the screen under it preventing the balls from clogging it.
Not a fan of the taper on the included glass mouthpiece personally, very much prefer the mouthfeel/taper of my Ditanium mouthpieces.

And ditch the glass screen at the bottom in the stem and replace with a removable screen or glass indentations to keep the balls in.
I use half of a cooling unit to hold the balls in/act as an adjustable bowl. Wide open airflow and no clogging at all!
I do really like my stems with the cooling balls, use my TM2 natively almost exclusively now.

I know it wouldn't improve things but some more wood choices would be nice.
If i see all the vapman's alterations i sometimes dream of a TM2 in some of those woods!
Not sure how suited and ecofriendly every wood is but i'm sure there's options there.
Imagine a black Ebony TM2
:whoa:
or one in dramatic Zebrano or some kind of burl wood..
well, that would be VAS triggering for sure!

And maybe they could have different metal or colored/anodised aluminum for the top/bottom plates?
Ebony body and matching black plates?
Take my money!

Not sure how you picture this but if this comes with a digital screen i'm out!
:disgust:

Well, not out, i would be in for buying old stock models then.
;)

I don't kow about that... It would make it bigger and Tiny might be better.
You see what i did there?
:brow:

:D
...ALL good stuff here and it would make things better...so, is TM ever going to come out with a newer better version? Any news on that front from the creators??? I am very curious.

Dr. G,

eyevape

Honestly? Function wise I wouldn’t change a bit. Maybe they could replace every fragile part with an unbreakable one, I’m always a little afraid of dropping it. Also the button could be sunk into the surface for better protection. And they could supply a protective cap like the one I made myself (scroll back a bit). But other than that.. no, it’s perfect as is. Please no display, no bluetooth, no smart features and other unnecessary bulk. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

If they would make an unbreakable TM2 for like 500 bucks, this would be a no brainer for me. I’d order it immediately, future me have to deal with the financial consequences then. Not my problem 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Gorf

Hi all … any help you could offer for me to find a short titanium stem (maybe 55mm like the OEM glass) - thanks a lot.
I've made titanium stems in a bunch of lengths, and the stock 55mm is too short in Ti. It heats up faster than glass and can't manage more than a rip or two before becoming very uncomfortable. The one I use the most is 100mm long, with quartz balls between gutted stock cooling unit halves. The extra length allows for positioning the cooling bits farther from the heat. Stays cool on the lips.

Top Bottom