Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The current batteries being sold are GHB3. They are mislabeled GHB2.

I appreciate the clarification @VGOODIEZ. Like I said before I would be happy with fresh GHB2s, I was happy with battery life with my Grasshopper and I’m even more happy with the improved battery life of the Hopper io. I just want transparency so I appreciate the update. I’m sorry I jumped to conclusions but to be fair there has been conflicting information lately and it is hard to tell what is really going on. :peace:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I'm not sure if I'm helping or further confusing things, but in October of last year, @Hopper Labs posted this:

I could be reading this wrong, but I took this to mean that the new GHB3 would be a higher spec unit that would out-perform the GHB2. I thought this mainly because a few weeks later, this was posted:

If I'm not mistaken, this was in reference to the new batch of batteries everyone has been waiting on.

So, to hear that the new batteries are GHB3's is where I think the confusion sets in. Given what's happened in the past ~9 months with Hopper Labs and the world at large, I personally just assumed they weren't able to overcome the barrier of the capital required to develop/produce the new cell, but maybe they were?
Performance on the GHB3 is improved. The statement quoted seems to be in reference to the original new batch which was scrapped after the fire. This directly from Trevor.

JCat

Accessory Maker
In regards to battery specs, as I've said in regards to 18650's, the same applies here, there is much more to a battery then the total mAh. So the "GHB3" may have the same "specs" per say ... as in the same mAh, and essentially the same specs for all intents and purposes, however, the discharge characteristics may not be identical. So the cell may perform better under load, or may have an improved discharge curve, where it is still able to deliver adequate power at a lower charge level, etc.

My initial experience with the "fire batteries" is that they did seem significantly better, but I'm not sure if that's just that I don't remember what its like to have functional batteries prior to this! Even if QC is improved, such that the quality of the batteries is more consistent, I would consider that a major improvement.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
My initial experience with the "fire batteries" is that they did seem significantly better, but I'm not sure if that's just that I don't remember what its like to have functional batteries prior to this! Even if QC is improved, such that the quality of the batteries is more consistent, I would consider that a major improvement.
I have a couple of ‘fire batteries’ in rotation and they’re OK, nothing remarkable. Then again I have a legacy Ti Hopper which may benefit a bit from GHB3 and I’ll bet it will work better in a Hopper io. That said, I do hope the quality and consistency improves in their batteries (I know first hand that wasn’t always the case).

But in Hopper fashion in the build-up to and anticipation of GHB3, don’t forget:
*All batteries sold are now GHB3. This battery can also be used in legacy Grasshopper units. Some of these new batteries are labeled GHB2 due to factory mislabeling.

Maybe we have a contest to see who’s first with “GHB3” printed on their battery? :lol:
:peace::peace:

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Performance on the GHB3 is improved. The statement quoted seems to be in reference to the original new batch which was scrapped after the fire. This directly from Trevor.

The batteries that came with the IO - Ti - Last longer. I was getting 35 minutes from the original and now I am closer to 45. Maybe because its a new battery.. Not sure. but 45 is the minimum I want. If there is a better battery that would be really cool. 35 minutes and switching batteries is annoying, so I hope its 45 and up. Of course a very big factor is the temperature. I start at 3 and kill it at 6.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
All this talk about batteries and I still only have GHB1's, but now with my power adapter I don't even need to worry about that... FrankenHopper is still going strong

IMG-20200708-211608.jpg

custom j hook from Oregon Glass Blower, with OG steel hopper body, Ti back end thanks to @VGOODIEZ, and heat treated Ti PFE thanks too @anasrzi, and blue carbon power adapter thanks to @maxvapor710

Nomad #111

@VGOODIEZ Hello VGoodiez. I would like to enquire about the status of an order I placed on June 7th. The order ID is 462823. It is a small order for two batteries with international shipping. I placed the order as the Grasshopper website stated they would ship in June. I do not have the time nor the inclination to follow the trials and tribulations of Hopper Labs so I assumed the company was being truthful. It is now July 9th and the order has not shipped. Reading comments here it seems I have been duped by the Hopper Labs and their lies once again.
Could you please let me know if this order will ship as promised and sold or should I initiate a refund? Thank you。

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
@VGOODIEZ Hello VGoodiez. I would like to enquire about the status of an order I placed on June 7th. The order ID is 462823. It is a small order for two batteries with international shipping. I placed the order as the Grasshopper website stated they would ship in June. I do not have the time nor the inclination to follow the trials and tribulations of Hopper Labs so I assumed the company was being truthful. It is now July 9th and the order has not shipped. Reading comments here it seems I have been duped by the Hopper Labs and their lies once again.
Could you please let me know if this order will ship as promised and sold or should I initiate a refund? Thank you。
I will send you a PM. I don't feel the forum is appropriate for this type of discussion.

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
I also have a Batteries order open and HL told me in June that new ones are coming in July. VGOODIEZ now says August. That would be ok too and enough for me.
I'm curious if it will come to pass
;)
In my opinion, giving an expected date that has changed so many times. Also that you are left waiting and the entire RMA process is poor, to say the least. I would respect a straight-up refund.. on a smaller scale may be site credit. I have been good with the GH io Ti, I understand and respect that things happen. Holding the order with your money is something that does not set well with me.

This company is so close to being the #1 vape in the world... So close but yet so far away.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
In my opinion, giving an expected date that has changed so many times. Also that you are left waiting and the entire RMA process is poor, to say the least. I would respect a straight-up refund.. on a smaller scale may be site credit. I have been good with the GH io Ti, I understand and respect that things happen. Holding the order with your money is something that does not set well with me.

This company is so close to being the #1 vape in the world... So close but yet so far away.
The worst part about the battery situation is that yeah, sure, you could ask for a refund, but you still need batteries if you want to continue to use your device at all. So we're kind of stuck waiting regardless. We just have to wait until we get them.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Heard back from HL on my warranty. Said they have no idea when I'll be getting it back "because of the virus." Funny how they're still able to produce and sell Hopper io's but can't fix someone's Hopper who has been supporting them for 5+ years now. Same old song and dance from HL.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Still waiting on my warranty replacement from August 7th of last year :rolleyes:

That is absolutely insane. Since last August. Absolutely unacceptable. They should have mailed you a new unit if it took this long.

1. Email them daily. support@grasshoppervape.com
2. www.BBB.org Better Business Bureau
3. https://coag.gov/file-complaint/ (Colorado Consumer Advocacy)

I seriously think because they have gotten away with it this long, they will continue.

It's a 5-minute process. to reach BBB and Colorado Consumer Advocacy I am positive once the BBB of Colorado gets in touch with them you will have a brand new Vape next week.

Disgusted - in NJ USA.

That's what these forums are about. Sharing and in this case, we aren't going to take this without being heard from.

You will be helping many others. If you need more support please let me know.

They may boast lifetime warranty, but there are consumer laws that prevent a year of this. 30 days is usual.

Please keep us updated. It would be good for all consumers of the GH products if you go to BBB and Consumer Advocacy should you have any problem at all.

Last edited:

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Heard back from HL on my warranty. Said they have no idea when I'll be getting it back "because of the virus." Funny how they're still able to produce and sell Hopper io's but can't fix someone's Hopper who has been supporting them for 5+ years now. Same old song and dance from HL.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really shitty how they are treating the people that supported them in the beginning... I understand that they probably need something new to inject some revenue into the company, but this does not excuse the horrendous RMA backlog. And HL doesn't seem to have any desire to remedy this situation except to tell us about the challenges of the Covid... well everyone is suffering.

I have an RMA with HL since Nov. 2019, I would be lucky to get it back within a year. They told me the same thing... "due to the virus, they are having issues sourcing the parts for the OG ..." I am sure the pissing match between US and China is compounding the problem. I tried to convince them to upgrade all the RMA into IO's for all our pain and suffering (I even offered to compensate for the cost of the parts too) - but they didn't go for it... really would be the right thing to do and maybe even lower their long term labour cost in the end. They offered me an ill machined IO for an extra $80. I opted for just getting my RMA back. I am not going to sink anymore $$ into HL until they get things straightened out. I am not convinced that the same thing won't happen with the IO. How good is a lifetime warranty when your Hopper goes into RMA heaven for over a year?

I am kind of chalking the OG and HL as a risky IPO that I threw some $$ at - and I am cutting my losses.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Vape Master, I've seen lots of posts from you praising the products, but it seems you'd just as soon send the 'Labs into oblivion in the name of 'helping many others'.

These guys are engineers, and pretty good ones, but they are absolutely not businessmen (at least not as we in the normal capitalist world know business!) and they are clearly not public relations experts.

Anyone who has done business in the first few years with HL should have had the smarts to do their homework or, at minimum, been willing to part with their money should it not work out. As @Tiny88 calls it, a risky ipo that he threw some money at.

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
@Vape Master, I've seen lots of posts from you praising the products, but it seems you'd just as soon send the 'Labs into oblivion in the name of 'helping many others'.

These guys are engineers, and pretty good ones, but they are absolutely not businessmen (at least not as we in the normal capitalist world know business!) and they are clearly not public relations experts.

Anyone who has done business in the first few years with HL should have had the smarts to do their homework or, at minimum, been willing to part with their money should it not work out. As @Tiny88 calls it, a risky ipo that he threw some money at.
Thats an excellent excuse. But it is not an adequate one in the court of business practices. Someone waiting since August 19' ? They probably aren't capable on the business side but that is not an excuse. The BBB or consumer affairs will make an inquiry, they will start to have adequate business practices.

Vape Master,
Reactions: Tiny88
Top Bottom