Discontinued The Grasshopper

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
When they act like an ass then simply tell them their email will be discarded and they can try again. As a business rep you have the right to not serve people who attack you.
Worst part is this. Account opened 7 days ago on Reddit. Nothing but trolling and personal attacks all over Reddit. This person doesn't even own a hopper. Supposedly they are so upset over their friends hopper. In the meantime they chase me around every single post, go back to old posts and downvote every post of mine and every store review on my website claiming they are fake. This user was banned right away on vaporents (nasty comments deleted) but is still going strong trolling the hopper thread. I really hate Reddit sometimes. .

slozukimc

Worst part is this. Account opened 7 days ago on Reddit. Nothing but trolling and personal attacks all over Reddit. This person doesn't even own a hopper. Supposedly they are so upset over their friends hopper. In the meantime they chase me around every single post, go back to old posts and downvote every post of mine and every store review on my website claiming they are fake. This user was banned right away on vaporents (nasty comments deleted) but is still going strong trolling the hopper thread. I really hate Reddit sometimes. .
Wow. What an ass.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I really need clarification myself. I have a list of other questions as well. I can promise you this, I will not be deliberately deceiving anyone. Bear with me gang... I'm getting bombarded and some folks are unnecessarily nasty.
While I do agree that their ire shouldn't be targeted at you, I don't think people's qualms with this company are unnecessarily nasty given their history. Plus, I don't see anyone having been nasty to you at all. They're just asking questions we're all looking to get the answers too. How would you know what to ask HL about ohterwise?

rnartian,
Reactions: Baron23

slozukimc

While I do agree that their ire shouldn't be targeted at you, I don't think people's qualms with this company are unnecessarily nasty given their history. Plus, I don't see anyone having been nasty to you at all. They're just asking questions we're all looking to get the answers too. How would you know what to ask HL about ohterwise?
Check out u/raccoon_pigeon on Reddit. This is the kind of shit that would make the average volunteer say fuck this. Constant attacks and they don’t even own a damned Hopper!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hello FC family,

I will be taking over forum communications for Hopper as part of our overall business relationship.
I believe this implies you’re a Hopper Labs reseller. Just want to point this out to folks who may not know you at all or well. I hadn’t been to your site until the other day and noticed several Hopper products there (the IO is currently unavailable in which I’m not surprised).

I think your involvement is a positive development and I welcome your efforts. I saw on Instagram that you offered to help HL for free and that shows how dedicated you are to helping us out! :tup:
Your assistance here is greatly appreciated. HL needs a lot of help. The only thing brought to light thus far is you’re here to help, and I’ve yet to discern anything new. Batteries have been warrantied for 2 weeks since the beginning of time; GHB2/3 confusion still remains; many are still waiting on replacement batteries, either for ones they received and told to discard or never received at all. Perhaps you’ll work some magic and get the customer service stuff sorted out and that would be a welcome change and small victory. There are several underlying issues/questions still outstanding from my perspective. :2c::peace:

slozukimc

I believe this implies you’re a Hopper Labs reseller. Just want to point this out to folks who may not know you at all or well. I hadn’t been to your site until the other day and noticed several Hopper products there (the IO is currently unavailable in which I’m not surprised).

Your assistance here is greatly appreciated. HL needs a lot of help. The only thing brought to light thus far is you’re here to help, and I’ve yet to discern anything new. Batteries have been warrantied for 2 weeks since the beginning of time; GHB2/3 confusion still remains; many are still waiting on replacement batteries, either for ones they received and told to discard or never received at all. Perhaps you’ll work some magic and get the customer service stuff sorted out and that would be a welcome change and small victory. There are several underlying issues/questions still outstanding from my perspective. :2c::peace:
Where is the confusion on the GHB3? They do not exist yet. That has been stated many times.
We don’t see what is going on behind the scenes here. Maybe some of the folks that are getting things taken care of since Scott has started doing this should speak up?

slozukimc,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

Could you please send me a message with all your issues/questions? I have been providing clarification and updates as I am able.

As for retailer and stock? I am not exactly sure what that has to do with it or why it is surprising I don't have stock. This is a new item and I have sold what I have quickly. Although I would encourage you to look closer for what is in stock if you are looking for something in particular. Whatever the case I am happy to help.

Vaporific

Where is the confusion on the GHB3? They do not exist yet. That has been stated many times.
We don’t see what is going on behind the scenes here. Maybe some of the folks that are getting things taken care of since Scott has started doing this should speak up?
Someone other than me recently mentioned in the IO thread they saw “GHB3” on Hopper’s site when in fact - and you’re correct - they don’t yet exist.

Again, I’m appreciative of his and anyone’s help however confusion still abounds, patienc e with HL already worn thin by many, and I’m not sure anything new has come to light that has been stated. That’s all. HL has an extra arm in VGoodiez, great, but there’s still a long ways to go.
:peace::peace:
Could you please send me a message with all your issues/questions?
I privately sent you direct email yesterday about my 17+ months long wait for... batteries. Thanks.
:peace:

As for retailer and stock? I am not exactly sure what that has to do with it or why it is surprising I don't have stock.
You have a potential financial incentive tied to HL is what I’m getting at. Assuming their inventory improves, you can indeed sell more vapes and also assist with general customer service issues. Not sure everyone is aware of your overall business arrangement with HL. It behooves you to want to help, that’s all. Heck, you got some cool stuff on your site which I visited for the first time the other day though I’ve heard your name for a while but never checked out your site. I’m not raising a stink here at all, just any folks to be aware of the ‘arrangement’. Any and all help is appreciated since HL has gone incommunicado for many weeks.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Someone other than me recently mentioned in the IO thread they saw “GHB3” on Hopper’s site when in fact - and you’re correct - they don’t yet exist.

Again, I’m appreciative of his and anyone’s help however confusion still abounds, patienc e with HL already worn thin by many, and I’m not sure anything new has come to light that has been stated. That’s all. HL has an extra arm in VGoodiez, great, but there’s still a long ways to go.
:peace::peace:
I privately sent you direct email yesterday about my 17+ months long wait for... batteries. Thanks.
I just reviewed. Your case is logged and awaiting feedback.

There is nobody arguing there is a long way to go but one step at a time is all that can be done. I cannot answer for all the sins of the past. I cannot answer for some of the current policies although I will certainly fight for what I believe to be fair just like I did when I dealt with RBT (who is another everyone gave me shit about and told me I was stupid for helping).

I get people are frustrated. I believe many have good reason to be. But at the same time I'm not going to be harassed or go round and round on subjects discussed. I don't deserve that and have no time for it.

Edit: yes hopper and I are both for profit businesses. I can't speak for them but I can tell you that profit is far from the most important thing with me. I often take less profit to work with the smaller guys. With Hopper this is damn near charity. I'm doing this because that is the way it needs to be. They don't have the resources, they don't have the customer service that can handle the heat and they don't have the money to fix these things. So we have a good faith agreement in place that is more beneficial to them in hopes we can get everyone taken care of and get out of this hole. If that happens they can remember me later. Its similar to what I have offered with other smaller up and coming products.

Last edited:

Vaporific

With Hopper this is damn near charity. I'm doing this because that is the way it needs to be. They don't have the resources, they don't have the customer service that can handle the heat and they don't have the money to fix these things.
Indeed and thanks again. If you can plug a few holes and prevent the ship from sinking you’ve done good. They haven’t had people resources, let alone financial, in a while. You’re a saint for taking this on, and I hope it stays positive. Their record keeping and inventory tracking is/was a travesty - and they obviously have information about customers stored on a computer or server somewhere.

Since I’m fixated on batteries, unapologetically so, is there an ETA when the large shipment of replacement batts, presumably GHB2s, will arrive on our shores? I know they received a small batch they’re sending with new IO orders of folks choose to want one (or they can wait). April is quickly turning into July... :( :peace:

MoltenTiger

Check out u/raccoon_pigeon on Reddit. This is the kind of shit that would make the average volunteer say fuck this. Constant attacks and they don’t even own a damned Hopper!
plenty of crazy people out there who come out of the woodwork only to smear their sad bullshit on everyone's days.
I've seen it a lot and sometimes assume or hope there's an element of marketeering at work, sometimes..

A lot of people really need a lot of help :(

The target audience might be largely self medicating as it is right

Someone making an account just to call someone lame was amazing, but I didn't want to bring it up in context because well, wtf

Meanwhile I'm really enjoying my io, haven't really shared much I keep getting distracted. And I've been pretty busy too, so the io has been a great nightly companion which makes everything flow so well.

I did a back to back io to (super) GH last night, and the GH nearly won - such a huge hit haha. But, the io is really a big improvement and it has a different vapour signature with the open aiflow. It's definitely enough of a change to induce a different effect quite subtley. Maybe more rapid onset and, man it works so well on my recyclers. Loving it.

But the legacy is no slouch and it actually has a wider temp spectrum so can service different herbs. The io is obviously tailored for a specific plant, but no qualms here

Vaporific

Just want to jump in and say that Hopper owners are lucky to have @VGOODIEZ involved. I have experience with this gentleman and can't say enough about his altruism. He's friendly, generous to the extreme, informative, and passionate about vaporizers.
He's part of what makes FC great for me!
Indeed he’s a nice guy however he doesn’t have access to HL’s system so asking him to check on an order, like I did and that I’m owed 5 replacement batteries contrary to what Trevor quickly and incorrectly surmised about my account, didn’t help. Heck, I was nice to HL too in throwing them some money to test the cart functionality on the new IO site after volunteering to proofread it too and PM them with many changes.

In fact if you have questions about an outstanding order OR repair of yours, you might as well contact HL directly and cut out the middle man needing to make an inquiry to HL. Sure he can be a vocal mouthpiece for HL herein but that’s about as much as I discern all he can do at this point and advocate for us. We can use that sure but we all want what’s due to us and which we’ve paid for (or what HL has promised with lifetime warranties in repairs).

I hate to be negative early in this development but it’s really just more of the same and an extension of HL’s old ways. Really. Trevor somehow opined something of mine shipped - yeah, 2 out of 5 batts I ordered in April ‘19 and were shipped in Oct ‘19 and were summarily followed by anemail from HL stating their records indicated that I received bad batts and should discard them. And I provided all the ‘evidence’ and emails to this effect - and the fact on the whole that HL owes me 5 replacement batts (does anyone disagree? Apparently HL does or neglected to understand my simple situation) - so I was put on some list, #30 in queue, to speak with the Wizard of HL hiding behind the curtain.

So that’s been my recent attempt to contact HL about my stuff. Ideal? Far from it and frankly more of the same. Sorry to drag the morning down but if you want answers about anything outstanding at HL - good, bad or indifferent - you might as well directly email them since there’s no access to the system. I looked at my account for the first time in a long time and offered up everything one needs to know but it doesn’t matter. Nor was I rude. Prickly perhaps but this shouldn’t be rocket science yet without the proper tool, i.e. access to their system, I’m not sure what this will accomplish on a personal level. Nice guy? Sure, great site he has too! But it’s more of the same in my eyes - SSDD (same shit different day). And it may be even more confusing if a simple outstanding order like 5 batteries can’t be confirmed and validated. :peace::peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: JCat

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
More misinformation spread by @Vaporific . I'm not going to correct everything here. As I have stated before I will not deal with disrespect and I will not waste time going on and on about the past.

I have asked @Vaporific to only work with Hopper directly. Not because I can't help him but because I will no longer help him.

And just so you know you were #30 on the list because had already helped 29 other people from Reddit and IG before I even made this announcement here on FC. So again stop spreading your false narrative of what is happening. YOU have made this much more difficult and antagonistic than it ever had to be.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Indeed he’s a nice guy however he doesn’t have access to HL’s system so asking him to check on an order, like I did and that I’m owed 5 replacement batteries contrary to what Trevor quickly and incorrectly surmised about my account, didn’t help. Heck, I was nice to HL too in throwing them some money to test the cart functionality on the new IO site after volunteering to proofread it too and PM them with many changes.

In fact if you have questions about an outstanding order OR repair of yours, you might as well contact HL directly and cut out the middle man needing to make an inquiry to HL. Sure he can be a vocal mouthpiece for HL herein but that’s about as much as I discern all he can do at this point and advocate for us. We can use that sure but we all want what’s due to us and which we’ve paid for (or what HL has promised with lifetime warranties in repairs).

I hate to be negative early in this development but it’s really just more of the same and an extension of HL’s old ways. Really. Trevor somehow opined something of mine shipped - yeah, 2 out of 5 batts I ordered in April ‘19 and were shipped in Oct ‘19 and were summarily followed by anemail from HL stating their records indicated that I received bad batts and should discard them. And I provided all the ‘evidence’ and emails to this effect - and the fact on the whole that HL owes me 5 replacement batts (does anyone disagree? Apparently HL does or neglected to understand my simple situation) - so I was put on some list, #30 in queue, to speak with the Wizard of HL hiding behind the curtain.

So that’s been my recent attempt to contact HL about my stuff. Ideal? Far from it and frankly more of the same. Sorry to drag the morning down but if you want answers about anything outstanding at HL - good, bad or indifferent - you might as well directly email them since there’s no access to the system. I looked at my account for the first time in a long time and offered up everything one needs to know but it doesn’t matter. Nor was I rude. Prickly perhaps but this shouldn’t be rocket science yet without the proper tool, i.e. access to their system, I’m not sure what this will accomplish on a personal level. Nice guy? Sure, great site he has too! But it’s more of the same in my eyes - SSDD (same shit different day). And it may be even more confusing if a simple outstanding order like 5 batteries can’t be confirmed and validated. :peace::peace:

You have made your point several times already. Our rule is that you get one post to explain you complaint and the manufacturer gets one response. After that, everything should be handled privately until there is a resolution. Please follow the rules.

More misinformation spread by @Vaporific . I'm not going to correct everything here. As I have stated before I will not deal with disrespect and I will not waste time going on and on about the past.

I have asked @Vaporific to only work with Hopper directly. Not because I can't help him but because I will no longer help him.

And just so you know you were #30 on the list because had already helped 29 other people from Reddit and IG before I even made this announcement here on FC. So again stop spreading your false narrative of what is happening. YOU have made this much more difficult and antagonistic than it ever had to be.

This is entirely inappropriate. Please leave moderating to the moderators. Do not accuse other members of spreading misinformation. If a post breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. If you feel a response is necessary, use a PM.

rnartian

Well, uh, this is awkward...
Anyway, I guess this post is directed @Hopper Labs!
The OG hoppers and the IO are the exact same price. Is this on purpose, to encourage people to buy the IO? I was wondering if the OG hoppers were going to be discounted at all, or even discontinued, since it seems like your IO is the next evolution of your flagship vape, rather than a new version. I kind of don't want an IO, but buying an OG at the same price would be pointless, so I wanted to ask.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used the Hopper I have, as a daily driver for a month, and it keeps working flawlessly.
I do 3 hits per load. I stir (actually I just poke the weed further down).
I do three sessions of 3 hits (9 heat-ups) and although the unit still works I charge at that point.
Still on my 1st Battery.
I have had amazing great success with this hopper, and It is a previously owned tool.
Needless to say, I really enjoy this vape.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Well, uh, this is awkward...
Anyway, I guess this post is directed @Hopper Labs!
The OG hoppers and the IO are the exact same price. Is this on purpose, to encourage people to buy the IO? I was wondering if the OG hoppers were going to be discounted at all, or even discontinued, since it seems like your IO is the next evolution of your flagship vape, rather than a new version. I kind of don't want an IO, but buying an OG at the same price would be pointless, so I wanted to ask.
Are you looking at both the older site and the new site? I don't believe there are any OG hoppers available for sale directly from Hopper Labs. I asked Trevor about a few items I would like to see added to the site in order to clear up confusion. He indicated their web developer is out but he will get them updated. I will ask him about this as well.

Last edited:

Baron23

All reasons I never do reddit.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I don't believe there are any OG hoppers available for sale directly from Hopper Labs.
I just put a ss and a ti og's in a cart on the old site, and began the checkout process, then backed out of the process.
Ti said 4-8 days out, ss said 2-4 days out. Sure seemed to be up for sale, just that brief availability statement.

@Baron23 I'm with you, having heard enough about the downside to reddit, I just stay away.

Last edited:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I just put a ss and a ti og's in a cart on the old site, and began the checkout process, then backed out of the process.
Ti said 4-8 days out, ss said 2-4 days out. Sure seemed to be up for sale, just that brief availability statement.

@Baron23 I'm with you, having heard enough about the downside to reddit, I just stay away.
Yes it is something that definitely requires correction. I will alert them and thanks for pointing it out.

As for Reddit, well I'm far from a fan myself but being a retailer and helping Hopper I don't have much choice but to spend some time on there. Which I really don't mind at all if people just keep things civil and be respectful. There are actually a lot of good folks over there but Reddit is also the epitome of tough guy behind the computer screen and sometimes it takes the mods a bit longer to clean it up. I will say I think the moderation is better than it used to be on that subject.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
So are you saying GHB3s don’t exist yet and are still in production? That’s interesting because it conflicts with what Hopper Labs says:

2171-F73-A-AEF9-47-C6-8-C82-1-A0785-E7-EAAD.jpg

I’m not concerned about GHB2 vs GHB3 but I am concerned about willful deception. Why tell us these new batteries are GHB3s if those are still In production? Most people don’t care and the ones that do care will not like being lied to. I would be happy with GHB2s for the rest of the life of my Grasshopper and Hopper io. All I want is honest answers and transparency.:shrug:
The current batteries being sold are GHB3. They are mislabeled GHB2.

seki

The current batteries being sold are GHB3. They are mislabeled GHB2.

I'm not sure if I'm helping or further confusing things, but in October of last year, @Hopper Labs posted this:
No. There are no revisions to the cell, so they remain GHB2. Due to an error at the label factory (a subcontractor to the battery factory), we are back to glossy labels for now.

We are in discussions to relabel some of the later shipments to matte but obviously did not want to hold up an already very delayed delivery with a gloss vs. matte detail.

GHB3 is a long term project, but the capital required to move to this new technology at this time is a barrier for us.
I could be reading this wrong, but I took this to mean that the new GHB3 would be a higher spec unit that would out-perform the GHB2. I thought this mainly because a few weeks later, this was posted:
As @vapviking said there are not any performance or spec increases with these new batteries. They are just a new production batch of the same GHB2 cell.
If I'm not mistaken, this was in reference to the new batch of batteries everyone has been waiting on.

So, to hear that the new batteries are GHB3's is where I think the confusion sets in. Given what's happened in the past ~9 months with Hopper Labs and the world at large, I personally just assumed they weren't able to overcome the barrier of the capital required to develop/produce the new cell, but maybe they were?

rnartian

Are you looking at both the older site and the new site? I don't believe there are any OG hoppers available for sale directly from Hopper Labs. I asked Trevor about a few items I would like to see added to the site in order to clear up confusion. He indicated their web developer is out but he will get them updated. I will ask him about this as well.
Ooooooh! Oh, no, I went to the old site. But I getcha, I'm guessing the old site is a legacy site now... Thanks for lettin me know. Yeah, they should definitely put up a banner, or maybe redirect the old URL to the new site.

Top Bottom