Discontinued The Grasshopper

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
So many questions, lol. How did you get on a commercial flight with weed? Wasn't it on your breath for a few minutes after you left the bathroom? Did you have a smokebuddy device for the smell? Does the GH smell when you turn it on? I once took a single low temp hit off my Alfa in the bathroom at a fast food restaurant, immediately put it back in its smell proof thermos, and as soon as I opened the door the stench of weed rushed out of the room. My GF smelled it the moment the door opened and she was standing 10 feet away. I just don't understand how you pulled that off without getting off the plane in handcuffs.

Someone else said this but the difference is convection vs. conduction, A conduction vape will smell because it's producing vapor while it's heating up AND cooling down where convection only while you hit it.

As for you other questions, remember it's the TSA not DEA, folks are good about staying in their lane

http://www.9news.com/news/local/nex...ssued-for-bringing-marijuana-to-dia/368736867

Mr. Me2

UKfmtAz.jpg

Hello. My name is Charlie. I'm a VAAS addict.

Hello Charlie...

biohacker

Someone else said this but the difference is convection vs. conduction, A conduction vape will smell because it's producing vapor while it's heating up AND cooling down where convection only while you hit it.

I personally still think you are crazy for doing what you did. When I returned my GH's to the retailer where I purchased them, they could smell them when they were opened, and then when they turned them on they reeked. This is on BRAND NEW GH's, that I used for a few days and then cleaned with OCD, and even did some dry heat burn off cycles.

You may not think that it smells..... but I feel we all get somewhat immune to the smell of vapour on ourselves. Then again, you could have just said that you took a big steamer lol

It's one thing to have a fully loaded GH in your pocket or backpack.....but to actually use it onboard an airplane bathroom and vape out of it? :doh:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I personally still think you are crazy for doing what you did. When I returned my GH's to the retailer where I purchased them, they could smell them when they were opened, and then when they turned them on they reeked. This is on BRAND NEW GH's, that I used for a few days and then cleaned with OCD, and even did some dry heat burn off cycles.

You may not think that it smells..... but I feel we all get somewhat immune to the smell of vapour on ourselves. Then again, you could have just said that you took a big steamer lol

It's one thing to have a fully loaded GH in your pocket or backpack.....but to actually use it onboard an airplane bathroom and vape out of it? :doh:

So don't do it. Meanwhile I'll be in jail with everyone else getting busted at Denver's airport ....

It's funny, you wouldn't think you would have to explain the difference between smoke and vapor with respect to some detectors and disapation on FUCKCOMBUSTION but it's only proof that as much as like to think otherwise, fear frequently Trumps logic and reason, particularly in the face of facts

By the way, its was a flight attendant that first told me about vaping in the bathroom as an option, she also mentioned most of security is theater and if the plane crashes on anything but water where all dead and that turning your phone off is good for saving your battery but the plane doesn't give a shit.

Nice lady! very informative

biohacker

fear frequently Trumps logic and reason, particularly in the face of facts

Never underestimate that stupidity also frequently trumps logic, reason, and the law. You were vaporizing cannabis in the airplane bathroom. I maintain my opinion that's it's illegal and stupid and for anyone else stupid enough to try this, good luck to you.

We all very well know the difference between combustion and vaporizing. Not the point whatsoever.

The flight attendant told you that vaping in the washroom was an option??? Just wow.

Last edited:

Elac

Silly rabbit trips are for kids
So don't do it. Meanwhile I'll be in jail with everyone else getting busted at Denver's airport ....

It's funny, you wouldn't think you would have to explain the difference between smoke and vapor with respect to some detectors and disapation on FUCKCOMBUSTION but it's only proof that as much as like to think otherwise, fear frequently Trumps logic and reason, particularly in the face of facts

By the way, its was a flight attendant that first told me about vaping in the bathroom as an option, she also mentioned most of security is theater and if the plane crashes on anything but water where all dead and that turning your phone off is good for saving your battery but the plane doesn't give a shit.

Nice lady! very informative
Sounds like the flight attendant might have been game to join you for a quick session.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm betting if you got busted and you indicated "the flight attendant said it was ok," the flight attendant would deny it ... :lol:

JoeMama

I'm getting dumped on by a blizzard here, so I'll be inside all day (except for shoveling "breaks") vaping and trying to figure out how to deal with cabin fever....

Thanks!
I dont have PayPal :cry:

If you have a credit card, why not just sign up for Paypal? I've had it since the beginning and it's great.

As for you other questions, remember it's the TSA not DEA, folks are good about staying in their lane

http://www.9news.com/news/local/nex...ssued-for-bringing-marijuana-to-dia/368736867

Yep!

My :2c:.... Though I'd never vape on a flight, I'll bring edibles... but I travel with by Hopper and a small stash for use when I'm at my destination.
I carry my fully-cleaned hopper and my opaque little vial of maybe 5-10 grams in my carry-on, and it goes right through. X-rays show it as simple organic matter.

No you won't. The TSA has the option of calling in local law enforcement, but their job is to make air travel safe, not to prosecute drug trafficking. I have a friend who was actually caught with 8 oz. of weed (eight!!). He missed his flight, and they confiscated the weed... and then let him keep an ounce in his checked bag on the next flight. He said they were quite cool about it.

Yep, a cellphone doesn't do shit to the avionics. It's a myth. Because, if there was even a chance that a phone can bring down a plane, do you think they'd let a single person on board with one? As evidenced, sadly, on 9/11 when cell phones were used on planes during the ordeal.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Never underestimate that stupidity also frequently trumps logic, reason, and the law. You were vaporizing cannabis in the airplane bathroom. I maintain my opinion that's it's illegal and stupid and for anyone else stupid enough to try this, good luck to you.

We all very well know the difference between combustion and vaporizing. Not the point whatsoever.

The flight attendant told you that vaping in the washroom was an option??? Just wow.
Stupidity can trump everything, sure. I believe @slcbdco took a calculated risk, not a stupid leap.

When cannabis was illegal substance in Canada, did you use it? Calculated risk.

Not all here understand (while you likely do) the differences in rates/amounts of dissipation and permeation into the environment between combusted smoke and vapor, so a mention of that in light of the topic is, imo appropriate, as some folks may not know how one or the other might kick off a smoke detector.

He said he learned from "a" flight attendant, not "the" flight attendant.

I'm getting dumped on by a blizzard here, so I'll be inside all day (except for shoveling "breaks") vaping and trying to figure out how to deal with cabin fever....
Hey! @JoeMama I just finished round one of the shoveling, about to get the fire going and hunker down a while...keeping all vapes and batteries fully charged! in case of power going down. This is some very heavy snow, btw. And this morning very early, the 'current weather' read, "26 degrees (F) and FREEZING FOG" Wtf? Is that like plasma or something? Like walking through jello?
Now it's just blizzard-like.

Mr. Me2

Stupidity can trump everything, sure. I believe @slcbdco took a calculated risk, not a stupid leap.

When cannabis was illegal substance in Canada, did you use it? Calculated risk.

Not all here understand (while you likely do) the differences in rates/amounts of dissipation and permeation into the environment between combusted smoke and vapor, so a mention of that in light of the topic is, imo appropriate, as some folks may not know how one or the other might kick off a smoke detector.

Hey! @JoeMama I just finished round one of the shoveling, about to get the fire going and hunker down a while...keeping all vapes and batteries fully charged! in case of power going down. This is some very heavy snow, btw. And this morning very early, the 'current weather' read, "26 degrees (F) and FREEZING FOG" Wtf? Is that like plasma or something? Like walking through jello?
And where in the northeast are you (if it's not a too personal question)?

Be safe!

Mr. Me2,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Stupidity can trump everything, sure.

Just look at the White House. Sorry, couldn't resist. :(

Good points.

Yeah, we're getting hammered here as well. Good idea about charging up the batteries.

JoeMama

I haven't begun to shovel yet, but thankfully I have a friend in construction who will send some help when it winds down. I can't do this by myself anymore; it's worth $100 to not have to risk a fucking stroke or something. Sure, I'm only 21, but... :rofl:(kidding, I'm pushing 60).
The worst part is the friggin' Berlin Wall that the street plows build up at my driveway apron. So when I shovel, I have to shovel the fucking street so they won't move the shit back.

LMAO, plasma. Yeah, can you get stuck in freezing fog?? :freak:

I have a tenant beneath me in a studio apt. I'm an obsessive late-learner at the piano, and my piano sits above his apartment. He's home, obviously, and I don't like to make my amateurish noise when he's down there - I was a tenant once, and well..
Anyway, so I've been on my couch since breakfast, bored out of my mind. I work from home and there's just no motivation with my customers also probably all staying home as well.

So can you tell I'm bored AF? Methinks I will do a full-clean my Hoppers. I was going to also say "and my FW4", but there's nothing to clean, really ever. Just those capsules... Oh well, I'll just HAVE to use it while I'm cleaning the Hoppers. :haw:

moondog

I haven't begun to shovel yet, but thankfully I have a friend in construction who will send some help when it winds down. I can't do this by myself anymore; it's worth $100 to not have to risk a fucking stroke or something. Sure, I'm only 21, but... :rofl:(kidding, I'm pushing 60).
The worst part is the friggin' Berlin Wall that the street plows build up at my driveway apron. So when I shovel, I have to shovel the fucking street so they won't move the shit back.

LMAO, plasma. Yeah, can you get stuck in freezing fog?? :freak:

I have a tenant beneath me in a studio apt. I'm an obsessive late-learner at the piano, and my piano sits above his apartment. He's home, obviously, and I don't like to make my amateurish noise when he's down there - I was a tenant once, and well..
Anyway, so I've been on my couch since breakfast, bored out of my mind. I work from home and there's just no motivation with my customers also probably all staying home as well.

So can you tell I'm bored AF? Methinks I will do a full-clean my Hoppers. I was going to also say "and my FW4", but there's nothing to clean, really ever. Just those capsules... Oh well, I'll just HAVE to use it while I'm cleaning the Hoppers. :haw:

Right there with ya, Joe. Today's supposed to be my day to work member hours at the local food co-op and I called in. Not like there are going to be any customers.

I'm guessing we're pretty much the same age and my physical condition prevents any shoveling. Brushing the snow off my car uses up all my physical resources. We've got a 300 ft. driveway and we pay a guy with a big-ass truck to plow it out. Normally, I'd spend most of a day like today with guitar in hand, but lately, pain keeps me from playing for any length of time.

Interesting to hear abut the lack of need for cleaning the FW. Just looking at it, I was wondering about cleaning that cooling unit. Both the FW4 and the new not-yet-released Arizer portable have piqued my curiosity, but my plan is to pick your brain on the FW4 in a separate convo if I decide to get serious.

Anyway, I've got my batteries in the D4 and I'm thinking me and the hopper may have to try some of that Netflix and chill stuff; except literally and not as a euphemism. :brow:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
And where in the northeast are you (if it's not a too personal question)?

Be safe!
I'm just a bit north and east of NYC. Yesterday it was 58F and I took a photo of a snow crocus in bloom.

Hoppers have helped a lot (as have dosing caps in Mighty) as we have gone to austerity/t-reduction/hope-we-last-til-the-guy-gets-back break. Looks like we'll just make it, though I would much prefer to be constantly blazing in front of a blazing fire through this storm.

Actually it may not accumulate to more than 8-10 inches, so not too bad, and it's really our first of the season to really even need shoveling.
The shoveling is good, for me at 66 (along with other outdoor labors). I like to think of it as keeping me alive. Along the lines of, "What doesn't kill you..." It's a fine line.

@moondog I will spend a lot of time with guitar for the rest of today, though my old hands need frequent breaks from that, too! Keep on truckin' on dude.

JoeMama

Normally, I'd spend most of a day like today with guitar in hand, but lately, pain keeps me from playing for any length of time.

Yep, and I also have periods where I need to lay off the hands due to inflammation or a smidgen of arthritis. I'm counting on learning better technique helping. I hope your condition(s) allow for respites to play satisfactorily to you. For a musician to lose the use of his hands, to me that's living in hell.

Interesting to hear abut the lack of need for cleaning the FW. Just looking at it, I was wondering about cleaning that cooling unit. Both the FW4 and the new not-yet-released Arizer portable have piqued my curiosity, but my plan is to pick your brain on the FW4 in a separate convo if I decide to get serious.

Sure thing! Actually the CU is just a block of wood with a fitted tube that comes out completely. I just pull it out and drop it in a shot glass of ISO, along with the capsule and rubber thingy.
There is virtually no transport of vapor at all into or through the block of wood; it all goes through the tube. Nonetheless, it can be easily inspected and cleaned.

Anyway, I've got my batteries in the D4 and I'm thinking me and the hopper may have to try some of that Netflix and chill stuff; except literally and not as a euphemism. :brow:
Haha, yeah I dig... I'm way past those days. I'm just glad my piano makes me happier than any woman ever did.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
With respect to airplanes, know your rights. The precedent has been set and if you are a medical patient you are allowed to fly with cannabis. This is because Ed Rosenthal stood up for his rights.

http://sfevergreen.com/how-and-why-its-ok-to-fly-high-thank-ed-rosenthal/

This doesn't necessarily apply to vaping on the plane, but as far as I'm aware only smoking is prohibited on planes. Vaporizing isn't smoking, and while you may get in trouble if caught you should be able to fight it easily with a decent lawyer. And then we all would have the right to vape on planes once the precedent is set.

In an effort to steer this post back on topic I can't think of a better vaporizer to use on a airplane than a Grasshopper. I haven't had the opportunity to do it myself yet. If it were me I would probably wrap some concentrates in organic cotton and vape that. It would be stronger hit for hit, last longer, smell less, and it would also be more discreet if anyone happened to open the Hopper for some reason.

Last edited:

moondog

I'm just a bit north and east of NYC. Yesterday it was 58F and I took a photo of a snow crocus in bloom.

@moondog I will spend a lot of time with guitar for the rest of today, though my old hands need frequent breaks from that, too! Keep on truckin' on dude.

Yep, and I also have periods where I need to lay off the hands due to inflammation or a smidgen of arthritis. I'm counting on learning better technique helping.

I'm just glad my piano makes me happier than any woman ever did.

Well, I'm seeing the core of a new band forming right here. We got guitars and keys. Any hoppin' drummers out there?

Are you ready to rock? Then put your hands together for THE HOPPERISTS!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Our contract rider to promoters would include multiple D4s in the dressing room, all set to Low, of course. We could pattern our sets after the Grateful Dead, taking longs breaks between songs. But instead of tuning, we'd be cleaning and reloading our hoppers and filing RMAs.

And look at that setlist:

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond cover
Cop Light Serenade
In Search of the Lost NiteCore - Our Summer of Love concept album
Fuck Da Combustion - Gotta have some rap to draw in the yutes
Help Me Ratchett - Beach Boys tribute
Twist (the temp dial) and Shout (about intermittent performance) - You know the Beatles enjoyed their "tea"

That's just the start of course. Keep those requests coming.

JoeMama

Well, I'm seeing the core of a new band forming right here. We got guitars and keys. Any hoppin' drummers out there?

Are you ready to rock? Then put your hands together for THE HOPPERISTS!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Our contract rider to promoters would include multiple D4s in the dressing room, all set to Low, of course. We could pattern our sets after the Grateful Dead, taking longs breaks between songs. But instead of tuning, we'd be cleaning and reloading our hoppers and filing RMAs.

And look at that setlist:

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond cover
Cop Light Serenade
In Search of the Lost NiteCore - Our Summer of Love concept album
Fuck Da Combustion - Gotta have some rap to draw in the yutes
Help Me Ratchett - Beach Boys tribute
Twist (the temp dial) and Shout (about intermittent performance) - You know the Beatles enjoyed their "tea"

That's just the start of course. Keep those requests coming.

:rofl::clap::rofl::clap:

And who can forget their great hit, "You're So Firewood Away"...

Order NOW!! Operators are standing by!

I love "Cop Light Serenade". Mozart would definitely Hop.

At The Hop?

Of course! :doh:

Top Bottom