moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
What's the wait time these days on a grasshopper

Ask and...

header.jpg

Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail
January Update - Shipping in 1-2 Weeks

Hey Everyone,

All Stainless and Plain Titanium pre-orders through January have been sent address confirmation emails. The sooner you confirm your address, the sooner we can send your units out! Color Hoppers are about a week behind due to the anodization process. We will have those units out in February. In January, we made considerable progress on the backlog of orders and finished development on some new accessories.

The shipping estimation for Titanium and Stainless units is down to just 1-2 weeks! We've seen a lot of new orders coming in, so we will adjust the time if needed. On-demand delivery will be happening in late February/March so you can expect pre-orders and pre-order pricing to end fully then.

*Please note that any units ordered in February will not have their addresses confirmed as the time from purchase to delivery is now only a few weeks. Units will ship as soon as they are available. If you need your address updated for your February order, contact support.

In January we released the Glass Cleaning Vial and Heat Treated Grasshoppers. Both have been a success! Find the cleaning Vials here. The HT Hoppers are being released weekly in batches of 8-10 units, and only last a few days. Check our social media outlets for release times.

The Water Pipe Adapter is scheduled for a full release in late February. From our testing and feedback from our users, we can safely say this is going to be a hit! We'll keep you posted on the exact release date as we get closer.

Hopper Labs

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail

Boulder, CO

Visit Our Website | Unsubscribe

kato1234

kato1234,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Just look at the White House. Sorry, couldn't resist. :(
Yes... yes you could have.

Politics bleeding into the vaporizer threads isn't going to be tolerated. It's one thing to put up a funny video of Trump saying China because the post is guessing the origin of the solder in the vape. But members that are using the vape threads as outlets for political steam? Nope. :nope:

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Are there any issues with charging the GH batteries on a Nitecore i4 charger? I was killing some time on ebay and there were adapters being sold for GH batteries and Nitecore chargers. Is it just to make it easier? Or is it for older model chargers?

kbrown5523,
Reactions: ElPic

Baron23

Are there any issues with charging the GH batteries on a Nitecore i4 charger? I was killing some time on ebay and there were adapters being sold for GH batteries and Nitecore chargers. Is it just to make it easier? Or is it for older model chargers?
I have a D4 and a GH. I have no problems with seating the batteries in the larger bays of the charger (really just about any charger) without an adapter.

Do yourself and your batteries a favor and pull the sliding terminal back, insert the battery, and gently let the sliding terminal back to the battery. Lots of folks just let that spring loaded terminal smack back into their batteries.

The adapters may make it easier to seat centered on the charging terminals, but I'm not particularly agile and I am able to do it without issue.

Hope this was helpful to you.

ArthurJ

Took a nice cold icy walk home after helping a friend with some shoveling, about a half hour.
I had packed my hopper earlier in the day, loosely torn nugs (.1 - .15g I'd guess?) and hadnt used it yet as I was already vaped from the morning when I'd set out. So I find that I click it on and take a hard 10 sec draw, on setting 5, and exhale. I leave the hopper on during the exhale then hit it again for 10 sec or slightly more then click it off. After the exhale I hit it again and get another big cloud after having turned it off.

I repeated this cycle about 6 separate times during my walk, I got huge clouds every time (exceptionally huge, I think thats probably due to the cold air) and the flavor didn't degrade until the last round. I only felt the mouthpiece get uncomfortably warm once so I let it cool and it was fine.

A very pleasant night out with the hopper.

Needless to say I'm feeling nice.

duff

Well worn
I click it on and take a hard 10 sec draw, on setting 5, and exhale. I leave the hopper on during the exhale then hit it again for 10 sec or slightly more then click it off
Dang!
I can't really do mine at 5 dry at all.

duff,

Pharoh

Ask and...

header.jpg

Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail
January Update - Shipping in 1-2 Weeks

Hey Everyone,

All Stainless and Plain Titanium pre-orders through January have been sent address confirmation emails. The sooner you confirm your address, the sooner we can send your units out! Color Hoppers are about a week behind due to the anodization process. We will have those units out in February. In January, we made considerable progress on the backlog of orders and finished development on some new accessories.

The shipping estimation for Titanium and Stainless units is down to just 1-2 weeks! We've seen a lot of new orders coming in, so we will adjust the time if needed. On-demand delivery will be happening in late February/March so you can expect pre-orders and pre-order pricing to end fully then.

*Please note that any units ordered in February will not have their addresses confirmed as the time from purchase to delivery is now only a few weeks. Units will ship as soon as they are available. If you need your address updated for your February order, contact support.

In January we released the Glass Cleaning Vial and Heat Treated Grasshoppers. Both have been a success! Find the cleaning Vials here. The HT Hoppers are being released weekly in batches of 8-10 units, and only last a few days. Check our social media outlets for release times.

The Water Pipe Adapter is scheduled for a full release in late February. From our testing and feedback from our users, we can safely say this is going to be a hit! We'll keep you posted on the exact release date as we get closer.

Hopper Labs

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail

Boulder, CO

Visit Our Website | Unsubscribe
Trust me...the heat treated GH don't look near that nice as your picture shows.. I bought one and it looks about the same color all the way to the mouthpiece. The end of the clicker is toned.....I only bought one because it was immediately available.....paid way too much.... I do have an davinci IQ that will arrive tomorrow...Hope i like it better than the GH..... not sure what all the hype is about the GH...The Mighty rules as well as my Pax2....hope the GH grows on me a little more......

mmafighterthe25

So the dude robshoppers on reddit is legit he was the guy that was selling them on ebay.

Modnote: Similar yet confusing posts merged

Is robshoppers legit. The guy on reddit that used to sell them on ebay

Last edited by a moderator:

MoltenTiger

So the dude robshoppers on reddit is legit he was the guy that was selling them on ebay.

Modnote: Similar yet confusing posts merged

Is robshoppers legit. The guy on reddit that used to sell them on ebay
Yeah dude, Robs Hoppers AKA bootyhuntah from Reddit, is legit. He is a retail backer from the original indiegogo campaign.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHoppe...225_ti_hoppers_and_185_hoppers_for_sale_free/

I guess he's swapped from eBay so he can get a better cut, there won't be much incentive to purchase from him for too much longer

conduction is a "dirty" vapour IMO
I also tend to think this, because of the uneven heat dissipation (unavoidable) and the slower/less efficient energy transfer through the bowl, plus the harder to avoid cool-down from drawing air through the heating chamber, it's basically always going to give a slight high temp effect with a more mild psychoactive boost, even in the most optimised set up, which apparently is the Davinci IQ. Have you tried the IQ?

Last edited:
MoltenTiger,
Reactions: moondog

guyonthecouch

Trust me...the heat treated GH don't look near that nice as your picture shows.. I bought one and it looks about the same color all the way to the mouthpiece. The end of the clicker is toned.....I only bought one because it was immediately available.....paid way too much.... I do have an davinci IQ that will arrive tomorrow...Hope i like it better than the GH..... not sure what all the hype is about the GH...The Mighty rules as well as my Pax2....hope the GH grows on me a little more......
Are you able to share a pic of your heat treated unit? Interested in seeing them from a customer's perspective rather than GH's. Regular units are available through several online retailers(have been for months) that are waiting on the shelves.. you could've snagged one there(??). The heat treated units seem to be for more of the artsy type willing to shell out the extra bucks for a purdy unit. I'm sure you could easily resell it if you really don't like it that much.. and why don't you like it that much again?

"Hopper is the Truth" - The Guy on the Couch aka Hopper fan boy numero uno

Last edited:

jules172

Are you able to share a pic of your heat treated unit? Interested in seeing them from a customer's perspective rather than GH's. Regular units are available through several online retailers(have been for months) that are waiting on the shelves.. you could've snagged one there(??). The heat treated units seem to be for more of the artsy type willing to shell out the extra bucks for a purdy unit. I'm sure you could easily resell it if you really don't like it that much.. and why don't you like it that much again?

Which retailers carry it currently? Thanks!!!

jules172,

biohacker

I also tend to think this, because of the uneven heat dissipation (unavoidable) and the slower/less efficient energy transfer through the bowl, plus the harder to avoid cool-down from drawing air through the heating chamber, it's basically always going to give a slight high temp effect with a more mild psychoactive boost, even in the most optimised set up, which apparently is the Davinci IQ. Have you tried the IQ?

Negative, I remember Davinci when they were first introduced, and I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that so try to keep my VAS under control, and the GH seems to have no problem doing that.

Ever since I switched over to convection exclusively (GH) I have noticed massive improvements in my health. I used to use hybrid vapes (Mighty, Solo (guess it's more conduction) and now that i'm GH only, i've noticed things such as: bags under my eyes greatly improved, sleep improved, night sweats gone, feel so much better, use way less material and less often, the list goes on and on but i'm very happy with the way my vaping hobby is now with the GH as my tool. IMO only, I feel that there are more "nasties" in conductive vapour, not similar to combustion, but there is way more pyrolysis I think with conduction than convection.

Interestingly enough, not all convective vapes are the same, and the GH actually does not irritate my lungs as much as some others. Even on max temp 210c, the GH is super smooth to me. The Mighty was not the case at 210c, it would cause me to cough, although perhaps it was due to the larger bowl.

My SS OG hopper continues to shine....however i'm definitely noticing the 2nd click phenomena. So either the SS GH has "changed" otherwise it's forsure my batteries. It's SO weird. I don't have to touch anything, except just do the 2nd click, and it's BOOM game on. Still experimenting with the batteries and have 10 GHB2's lined up in my cart for when they return my GH's.

I can't wait until these things go viral and this thread can really pickup with some actual user feedback. Like the heat treated GH's, that's great feedback to let the community know that they don't look like their advertisement for them.

MoltenTiger

Negative, I remember Davinci when they were first introduced, and I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that so try to keep my VAS under control, and the GH seems to have no problem doing that.

Ever since I switched over to convection exclusively (GH) I have noticed massive improvements in my health. I used to use hybrid vapes (Mighty, Solo (guess it's more conduction) and now that i'm GH only, i've noticed things such as: bags under my eyes greatly improved, sleep improved, night sweats gone, feel so much better, use way less material and less often, the list goes on and on but i'm very happy with the way my vaping hobby is now with the GH as my tool. IMO only, I feel that there are more "nasties" in conductive vapour, not similar to combustion, but there is way more pyrolysis I think with conduction than convection.

Interestingly enough, not all convective vapes are the same, and the GH actually does not irritate my lungs as much as some others. Even on max temp 210c, the GH is super smooth to me. The Mighty was not the case at 210c, it would cause me to cough, although perhaps it was due to the larger bowl.

My SS OG hopper continues to shine....however i'm definitely noticing the 2nd click phenomena. So either the SS GH has "changed" otherwise it's forsure my batteries. It's SO weird. I don't have to touch anything, except just do the 2nd click, and it's BOOM game on. Still experimenting with the batteries and have 10 GHB2's lined up in my cart for when they return my GH's.

I can't wait until these things go viral and this thread can really pickup with some actual user feedback. Like the heat treated GH's, that's great feedback to let the community know that they don't look like their advertisement for them.
Cool insight, cheers for that :)
I was just asking because I've read that it'd be hard to do a conduction vape better than the IQ, and as I don't really have much experience (MFLB, Pax 1 / 2, Mighty, EQ) with conduction vapes, I figured this would be a good option to baseline conduction opinions on, as it differs from the GH so greatly (it makes some sense to have both over other pairs like FF2/GH)
But, what you've said about conduction vapes, incl. hybrid devices (eg. Mighty) takes a different direction.
It's quite interesting, and lessens my interest in other options further still.

The second-click thing you're having does sound like bad batteries could be the culprit, but you'd have a decent battery amongst the mix, surely?

My friends hopper is showing a bizarre light pattern (though it still works well) where the blue light strobes after it has turned on to indicate temp. It does it mostly, occasionally it behaves totally normally.
It got me thinking, the hopper is somewhat complex, and has a lot of potential for fault. The fact that faults can generally be isolated to few components in the majority of cases is indication of decent (consistent) production.

Owning a flawless unit gives me hope that they'll be on top of these issues again soon.
As word gets out, more momentum builds. General consensus seems to be that it's still a risky purchase, hopefully the mass shipments going out will change those views.
We'll see

-----
The random dude 69 posted some pics of the HT GH
nyUqb5X.jpg

FWIW; I've yet to see a photo of a hopper that looks as good as it does to the naked eye,
The HT GH are custom and unique, you select the serial relative to a pic. Some are more rainbow-y than others.
TRD69 is pretty happy with his, if I was buying now I'd get one.
I prefer my colour to my plain too, but I like the practicality of cleaning plain metal

Last edited:

biohacker

The second-click thing you're having does sound like bad batteries could be the culprit, but you'd have a decent battery amongst the mix, surely?

My friends hopper is showing a bizarre light pattern (though it still works well) where the blue light strobes after it has turned on to indicate temp. It does it mostly, occasionally it behaves totally normally.
It got me thinking, the hopper is somewhat complex, and has a lot of potential for fault. The fact that faults can generally be isolated to few components in the majority of cases is indication of decent (consistent) production.

All my batteries are 3rd hand except for the 2 brand new GHB2 that came with the newer GH's. I do have a good battery or more in the mix, but it's getting confusing with so many batteries, so I literally need to spend a day and go through them all. Today might be that day :brow:

I get the blue strobes all the time, and it never used to be.....I think my batteries are done! The battery is such an integral part of this vape, it's too bad they don't last too long, but fortunately they are fairly affordable. Beats buying butane!

MoltenTiger

All my batteries are 3rd hand except for the 2 brand new GHB2 that came with the newer GH's. I do have a good battery or more in the mix, but it's getting confusing with so many batteries, so I literally need to spend a day and go through them all. Today might be that day :brow:

I get the blue strobes all the time, and it never used to be.....I think my batteries are done! The battery is such an integral part of this vape, it's too bad they don't last too long, but fortunately they are fairly affordable. Beats buying butane!
By blue strobes, I mean it literally turns on and off at a fairly slow rate. Not just flickers, fully going blue-out-blue-out-...-blueflickers. It could be used during this, and it was doing that last night most of the time.
I never tested my batteries in it though..

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: biohacker

Baron23

Conduction vapes are very valuable and appropriate for med patients who session for pain and sleep. Works good. Not saying that I don't enjoy my convection vapes (EVO, Cano, Enano, GH, and Mighty to an extent) nor am I saying that the IQ is the vape for me (I have tried one as a loaner). But it does fit into a lot of folks wheelhouse for med delivery.

As Shakespeare said and which I try to keep in mind personally: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy" ;):brow:

I'm very glad that GL is almost done with their backlog. Perhaps now they can pay more attention to reliability and manf process improvements.

Cheers

biohacker

By blue strobes, I mean it literally turns on and off at a fairly slow rate. Not just flickers, fully going blue-out-blue-out-...-blueflickers. It could be used during this, and it was doing that last night most of the time.
I never tested my batteries in it though..

I've seen so many different kinds of strobes and flickering blue led's that I can't keep up. They do vary from super quick but faint, to rapid flickering..... but one thing that I have noticed throughout all of this and I LOVE is no hot back end whatsoever.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
No you won't. The TSA has the option of calling in local law enforcement, but their job is to make air travel safe,

I know that, I was being sarcastic.

Yes, but the flight crews will turn your ass in to the cops for smoking on a plane in a NY second.

If it didn't happen when I landed in Moscow, I think it won't happen in NY, like for example when I landed in NY and spent a few days before flying to Moscow and it didn't happen, or Philly last week ... or well you get the idea, but YOU shouldn't do it because YOU are definitely getting arrested because THEY are definitely watching g YOU

And no didn't bring a stash to Moscow just one loaded bowl which I finished on the plane, my buddy was gonna have cannabis when I arrrived in Switzerland, Moscow was just a layover because I was obviously all hopped up when I made the travel plans! I will say though, as a Moscow travel alert, If you have a beer in your pocket, definitely drink that before customs or ... yikes ...

In an effort to steer this post back on topic I can't think of a better vaporizer to use on a airplane than a Grasshopper. I haven't had the opportunity to do it myself yet.

Yes, Yes it is.

The Water Pipe Adapter is scheduled for a full release in late February. From our testing and feedback from our users,

Being a person having given said feedback, yes it makes a difference as compared to the regular mouthpiece. I also suspect some folks will use it as an alternate native mouthpiece because of the increased airflow or those that are sensitive to the mouthpiece tip as being further away it's waay cooler at just the tip

Have you tried the IQ?

I have, it's a great vape, its own share of QC issues as well, I should be getting mine back soon and unlike when the pax or firefly where away, I actually missed it . It's a great grasshoppper companion!m

I think others may challenge you on that, not me, If you want the heat from the haters you can have it but others may challenge you that I am the number one fan boy .... it's not a compliment :love:

shaolinmilk

How I describe the Grasshopper when going through water... a mini-EVO with slightly more pronounced flavour and definitely more harsh. How I describe it without water.... so-so. I honestly do not like this unit without water. The flavour is still good, however the warmth of the vapor when compared to my other units is much more bothersome. The hits also aren't as satisfying, but through water... it's a champ!

tubasco

How I describe the Grasshopper when going through water... a mini-EVO with slightly more pronounced flavour and definitely more harsh. How I describe it without water.... so-so. I honestly do not like this unit without water. The flavour is still good, however the warmth of the vapor when compared to my other units is much more bothersome. The hits also aren't as satisfying, but through water... it's a champ!
The crafty c/u trick is the only way I use mine without water. Works a charm on cooling the vapor.

MoltenTiger

Being a person having given said feedback, yes it makes a difference as compared to the regular mouthpiece. I also suspect some folks will use it as an alternate native mouthpiece because of the increased airflow or those that are sensitive to the mouthpiece tip as being further away it's waay cooler at just the tip
Pretty keen for the WPA. I've got some 14mm heady glass domes that are going to be perfect directly attached to the hopper.
Plus the whole through water, extra-airflow, cooler tip.
Keen.

@shaolinmilk its worth trying the Grasshopper with a removeable silicone whip (the Arizer EQ sized hose is a good fit).
If the Vapor Brothers box counted as a recommendable vape, a pen and hose that blow it out of the water are worth some acknowledgment :rockon: futuristic whiptastic

I am 100% with you, though some love the harshness, direct use couldn't be my primary method. The Mighty, as a direct draw device, is A LOT better than the GH.
But coming from the EQ, quick and easy mods and the crafty use of adapters - that's half the fun of vaping anyway, and the hopper has some cool versatility.
It really performs awesomely as a whip vape!

Conduction vapes are very valuable and appropriate for med patients who session for pain and sleep.
Looks at the time (it's the early AM) and it's VAS o'clock.
Probably going to have to cop an IQ for snoozing.
Anyone for thoughts on Stickybrick vs IQ for sleepiness?
The GH keeps me awake, which has occasionally been an issue over the last year..

Last edited:
Top Bottom