low tolerance is underrated
http://www.vapexhale.com/support/manuals.htm said:
Package Checklist
? 1 VapeXhale Cloud Vaporizer
? 2 EZ Load Bowls (ELB)
? 1 HydraTube
? Storage box (packaging)
? Warranty Card

obviously, plans to include the storage box packaging was cancelled (should probably take that off the list to avoid confusion), but what about the hydratube stand? did that get nixed too or just forgot to list it?

moodswing,

vape4life

Banned for life
Ah man, reading that manual has got me stoked! I can't wait for this thing...i hope they can fly through the preorders!

vape4life,

Troi

moodswing said:
http://www.vapexhale.com/support/manuals.htm said:
Package Checklist
? 1 VapeXhale Cloud Vaporizer
? 2 EZ Load Bowls (ELB)
? 1 HydraTube
? Storage box (packaging)
? Warranty Card

obviously, plans to include the storage box packaging was cancelled (should probably take that off the list to avoid confusion), but what about the hydratube stand? did that get nixed too or just forgot to list it?

Thanks for pointing out the error -- we will correct the list to include what comes with the initial cloud package, keep in mind that VXL lab intends to upgraid packaging down he road or provide a case for sale on the site.

The HT stand will be available but it will not be included in the standard package since it increases our cost's, they will be available in the 15$ range as an accessory, an eventually available with the cloud package, but at a higher price then 450, we have not finalized how we are going to handle the HT stands but once we have we will surely let everyone know.

FYI -- Both Hydra tubes that I own stand fine on there own; a stand would surely provide extra support. But keep in mind this is glass and a klutz banging into the surface the hydra tube is on its going to lead to breakage depending on the factors involved in the tubes trauma. I have had tubes fall flat right on my desk with no damage, but a fall further then hat would probably crack the glass.

Troi,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
^ thanks for clearing that up troi. bummer about the stand, but oh well.. not the end of the world.

:rockon: GOOD LUCK ON THE LAUNCH NEXT WEEK VXL!!!

moodswing,

elixsor

Has anyone found any good hard cases for transporting this thing now that the storage box packaging has been scraped for the pre orders? I know there had been mentions of a specific pelican case or something different awhile back but I cannot seem to find that post...

elixsor,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Had some more good sessions last weekend (shame of me for taking so long to post) with this newly-working-again first beta Cloud. We were using it with a Mobius Matrix Ion bubbler. As has been said, the Matrix design provides a lot of diffusion, even too much for some people's tastes, especially with vapor. I understand the sentiment and agree that it's sort of overkillthough overkill is fun sometimes :Dfor many vapes, so that fact that it worked so beautifully with the Cloud really says something to me. Being able to inhale at any speed with virtually unrestricted airflow and produce so much thick, juicy vapor is something that you really need to experience to appreciate.

I always enjoy hearing someone's first impression of a vape; there's something in the raw, unfiltered opinioneven if it's a bit naive due to inexperience. I can honestly say that the Cloud has had, by far, the most positive reception of any vape I've ever demoed to anyone. Example from last weekend:

So how do you like it compared to the Extreme? (Their current goto vape. They also have a broken SSV and Vaporbrothers)
This one for sure.
The taste?
Every single thing.

Later in the session...
Good hit?
It's like... with other vapes sometimes you get a good hit, sometimes an OK hit, but with this it's always amazing.

Can't wait to hear more first impressions from serious vape-heads. :D

vtac,

Ville23

I don't think I've ever been so happy to read a manual :lol:
Looks like I might need to pick up an herb shredder.

Nice to see my Mobius will work so beautifully with the VXC!
We're soooooooo close we almost taste it :D

Ville23,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Ville23 said:
. . . Looks like I might need to pick up an herb shredder.

That caught my eye in the manual, too. Specifically:

"You can break up your herbs by hand or use an herb grinder. It is recommended to use an herb shredder to achieve the best consistency for vaporization."

I've never heard of a "herb shredder". Given that term, and "you can break up your herbs by hand", I get the impression that a fine grind is not preferred? But when I look at (tobacco) shredders on Amazon and at Vaporstore, what I find is electric and boasts of very fine grind like a coffee grinder. Looking at the VapeXhale vid, I think my SC grinder gets the consistency I see there. I'm so confused . . . :(

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Ville23 said:
I don't think I've ever been so happy to read a manual :lol:
Looks like I might need to pick up an herb shredder.

Nice to see my Mobius will work so beautifully with the VXC!
We're soooooooo close we almost taste it :D

What's an herb shredder? I just recently gave up grinders for a coffee grinder.

vape4life,

Mathair Naduir

Cannabis And Vapor Connoisseur
Wow, thanks for the update, v-tac!

Troi, are those on the pre-order list not receiving HT's along with the Cloud?

Mathair Naduir,

oldiebutgoodie

Mathair Naduir said:

What gave you the impression that the HT might not included with pre-orders?

oldiebutgoodie,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I just hope that the packaging that they use for preorders will protect the hydrotubes during delivery and that they will implement a ssl connection on their shopping cart. Still waiting impatiently.:)

jackstraw62,

Troi

Mathair Naduir said:
Wow, thanks for the update, v-tac!

All cloud packages come with a Hydra-tube pre-order and post launch orders, once our production and inventories balance we will begin offering individual cloud's without tubes, and individual hydra tubes. ( I do not have the pricing available for such packages at this time)

Don't quote me on this; but individual hydra tubes will probably be available sooner then individual clouds as we know that the ability to have 2-3 compact diffusion types ready makes the cloud experience even better. Based on my personal use of the cloud over the past few months ya really can't have "too many" hydra tubes.

Troi,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Troi said:
Based on my personal use of the cloud over the past few months ya really can't have "too many" hydra tubes.
:uhoh: I feel a case of HTAS coming on...

Stu,

SD_haze

Stu said:
Troi said:
Based on my personal use of the cloud over the past few months ya really can't have "too many" hydra tubes.
:uhoh: I feel a case of HTAS coming on...

Buying a hydra-stand definitely wont help,

Those 3 empty slots just staring at you...begging to be filled... :lol:

SD_haze,

oldiebutgoodie

Troi said:
Don't quote me on this; but individual hydra tubes will probably be available sooner then individual clouds as we know that the ability to have 2-3 compact diffusion types ready makes the cloud experience even better. Based on my personal use of the cloud over the past few months ya really can't have "too many" hydra tubes.

I sure hope this means that the hydra-stand also isn't too far away. :)

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

WatTyler said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
Troi said:
Don't quote me on this; .....

I sure hope this means that the hydra-stand also isn't too far away. :)
:lol: you quoted him :p

Omigod, you're right. I'm busted! :uhoh:

But, well hell, there can't be additional trees and not have a stand, can there?

Still, guilty as charged. :ko: Mea culpa.

oldiebutgoodie,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I don't even particularly like the idea of storing the hydratubes upright at all.

I envision some sorta smooth, semi-flexible cheap plastic frame the hydratube fits in (so it lays on its side but has a flat bottom so it can't roll away).

It would be even cooler if those locked together somehow so one could safely store a cube (or pyramid) of 9+ hydratubes.

For now a fairly easy do-it-yourself is to take 4 wine bottle corks and nail them into a board with them standing upright and spaced far apart enough for the hydratube to fit between them in pairs just spaced so they are just short of the length of the hydratube. Get drinking! :brow:

I'd be interested to hear the ideas of others about this, as it may not be a priority for the VX engineering team at the moment, may not be available for some time, and may (therefore) even incorporate some of your very own creativity.

Some will want a stand that is upright for while the unit is in use, but I can't think of a good, safe, practical way to store hydratubes upright without somethjng going into the GonG joint (which I dont like).

Maybe some sort of metal tripod with silicone pads that tighten with those screws that you can twist easily by hand.

Durable packaging that safely held the hydratube in both fashions and could permanantly store the cloud with its cord and a hydratube at some point would rock for cloud portability along with the travel tube.

Congratulations on the progress (from Progress).

Best wishes with the long-awaited release! :D

Progress,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'm already envisioning my hydratube tree for xmas lolol. I can't wait to start a collection :D

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
I don't even particularly like the idea of storing the hydratubes upright at all.
Upright is the most useful position when it's got water in it. ;)

To me, storage = packing for safekeeping. I'd agree that upright makes no difference there. Putting it down between hits or sessions is where the upright position is needed. I'm sure we'll see some unique home made solutions for stands.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
max said:
Upright is the most useful position when it's got water in it. ;)

To me, storage = packing for safekeeping. I'd agree that upright makes no difference there. Putting it down between hits or sessions is where the upright position is needed. I'm sure we'll see some unique home made solutions for stands.

Max beat me to the punch. i agree, upright is needed between hits when water is still in the piece. they may stand up on their own, but a slight table bump, and it will topple over. i have said from the get go, everyone should have a HT stand to protect the investment that is a HT...

Oh, and my personal plan? Two VX units (eventually), and at least 5 or 6 HT's, plus an arsenal of bigger glass tubes with more diffusion for smooth hits of monster caliber size.

IAmKrazy2,

sweetdreams4.2.0

Sorry to ask a question i know the team is busy but did you guys ever settle on which company to use for shipping? i don't care if it's discrete but for whichever company had a better track record and quickest delivery rate

sweetdreams4.2.0,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom