Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Reserved one!

It will probably be 2013 by the time I get it, but at least I'm in line!

I wish I had a # to at least know where the progress is going.

:peace:

sessnet,

max

Out to lunch
The sound wouldn't be heard in another room, or over a tv or a little music.
I agree. The room would have to be quiet, and to hear the vape you'd have to be right outside the door with your ear up to it, trying to eavesdrop. Even then, if you're away from the door, with some sound absorbing materials like carpet, bed, drapes, etcs. , maybe not.

It will probably be 2013 by the time I get it
If you're taking bets, count me in. ;)

max,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
max said:
It will probably be 2013 by the time I get it
If you're taking bets, count me in. ;)

That won't be fair because you probably have some insider info :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

If anyone is worried about sound - maybe something like this will help?

I live by this, and turn mine on every night to go to sleep. Even small sounds disturb me - water dripping, a cough, tiny ambient sounds, a fruit fly scratching itself...I guess I'm a picky little bitch and need my peace and quiet.

Sound conditioner

2002.jpg

sessnet,

arf777

No longer dogless
Those of you concerned with odor - have you heard of a Smoke Buddy? It's sort of like the old bounce-in-a-tube, but with an activated carbon filter instead of the bounce sheet. They're amazing - not only no odor, but even with a cigarette, almost no visible smoke comes out. With a vape, absolutely nothing visible or smellable comes out. Can get one on Amazon -
http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Buddy-P...ONEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328634947&sr=8-1

arf777,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
If you live with your parents and are worried about smell and sound issues maybe you should take that $450 and put it towards the deposit on a studio apartment instead of a fancy new vape :2c:

SF Giant,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
SF Giant said:
If you live with your parents and are worried about smell and sound issues maybe you should take that $450 and put it towards the deposit on a studio apartment instead of a fancy new vape :2c:
Not your business. Let's keep this thread on topic.

AgentofChaos,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
arf777 said:
Those of you concerned with odor - have you heard of a Smoke Buddy? It's sort of like the old bounce-in-a-tube, but with an activated carbon filter instead of the bounce sheet. They're amazing - not only no odor, but even with a cigarette, almost no visible smoke comes out. With a vape, absolutely nothing visible or smellable comes out. Can get one on Amazon -
http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Buddy-P...ONEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328634947&sr=8-1

That fits over the top of a hydratube?

oldiebutgoodie,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
It's basically a carbon filter, so in reality you can probably make one and stick it on, or they'll probably start making them now :)

sessnet,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
sessnet said:
It's basically a carbon filter, so in reality you can probably make one and stick it on, or they'll probably start making them now :)

couldn't it possibly filter out actives though if you inhaled through it rather than exhaled? at the least more surface area for condensing vapor

MarcellusWiley,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i use a carbon filter on my GONG pieces when i used to smoke, actually really helps filter out a lot of crap, on top of that your smoke tastes so good :) all u need is some screens, skill, and carbon pellets! make sure to wash off the carbon dust first tho :)

Xchadb,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I've been wondering about something for a while: with each hit taken, is there some vapor loss? I kind of think the answer is yes. Think about it. You're taking your hit through the water piece, and you get to the end of the hit when it's time to clear. Now, you have two options. You can either pull off the water piece and clear the tube. With this method, I'd imagine some vapor would just roll up from the bowl since it's still gonna be hot. The other option I guess would be to just leave the water piece on top the bowl throughout the session, but then I'd imagine you'd get some "stale" vapor at the start of each subsequent hit.

What do you guys think? I mean, with the first method you would lose some vapor, maybe not a ton, so whatever. This is why I like my PD-bong set up because after removing the PD from the stem, I can keep collecting the bit of vapor that still collects in the stem, and then clear the tube.

Deadhead101,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
With every vape there are losses of vapor.

Some condenses on surfaces, that is solved only by construction. This could happen in the HT, but it's very spacey so only a little vapor will touch cold glass. Narrow/longer vapor paths get more condensation.

A little condenses in the water leaving tiny bits floating in there. Imo this is almost insignificant loss.

The third one and the one you were talking about are leaks. I think they can be minimized with the Cloud if you clear the HT after each hit and then put it back on immediately. Only a tiny bit of vapor will leak from the bowl while clearing. Imo insignificant loss too, leaving vapor in the HT will cause much more more leak.

Seek,

He-Man

Prince
In one exhale you will lose more vapor than from twenty+ leaky sesions combined, so ...

He-Man,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Thanks, forget about this most significant loss :D And with Cloud I assume this will be even higher as lungs will not be able to process that much vapor.

Seek,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Deadhead101 said:
I've been wondering about something for a while: with each hit taken, is there some vapor loss? I kind of think the answer is yes. Think about it. You're taking your hit through the water piece, and you get to the end of the hit when it's time to clear. Now, you have two options. You can either pull off the water piece and clear the tube. With this method, I'd imagine some vapor would just roll up from the bowl since it's still gonna be hot. The other option I guess would be to just leave the water piece on top the bowl throughout the session, but then I'd imagine you'd get some "stale" vapor at the start of each subsequent hit.

What do you guys think? I mean, with the first method you would lose some vapor, maybe not a ton, so whatever. This is why I like my PD-bong set up because after removing the PD from the stem, I can keep collecting the bit of vapor that still collects in the stem, and then clear the tube.

I lift the HT to clear the chamber. Hot air does not hit the herb unless you are sucking on it, so this method ensures that no vapor loss is occurring from the ELB after the HT is lifted.

stickstones,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've seen in videos, that a little bit of vapor escapes when you lift the HT. And i think its logical too. You are cutting the hot air immediately, so the load begins to cool down. I think like in a MFLB, you shut the power off, but herbs will still vape for a second or two as they are cooling down. But this leak is imo the least significant one, so it shouldn't make anyone worry.

Seek,

2clicker

Observer
so if you waited a second or two after cutting the heat, but before you remove the HT then you wouldnt lose much if any.

or you could just take a hit the size that your lungs can hold. this vape isnt ONLY for giant clouds. its also meant to provide the smoothest and tastiest vapor hit around regardless of the size. so if you took regular sized hits and held them in then you wouldnt be losing much vapor at all. the point is the water cooling.

i have been working at taking normal hits and doing what i can to keep it inside. im not seeing very much vapor upon exhale anymore. im sure this method would work with the Cloud.

2clicker,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, if you stop drawing for like 2 secs, then draw a bit to clear the ELB area and then lift HT and clear it, it will not have that tiny leak. But it's too much work for a neglible leak. Getting the technique of lung absorbing right will give more fruits.

Deadhead101 (edit answer): the ELB area clear draw should be short enough not to heat the load again of course. That takes from my video observations two seconds so can be done. Answering through editing, because this 'issue' is not worth more posts and i think nobody will do this to save this 'nothing'.

Seek,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Seek said:
Yes, if you stop drawing for like 2 secs, then draw a bit to clear the ELB area and then lift HT and clear it, it will not have that tiny leak. But it's too much work for a neglible leak. Getting the technique of lung absorbing right will give more fruits.
I don't think that will work since there will still be hot air coming from the unit.

That being said, this "flaw" in design likely isn't any kind of issue. It certainly is not a deal breaker for me.

Deadhead101,
Any plans on updating your site to allow online orders, FAQ's and customer service. Have you checked into PayPal online, less requirements for merchant account.

Ineeditfomyback,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
this vapor leak stuff is miniscule and not worth attention. I've never noticed it in any of my sessions and I can't think of a vape I own that presents this as a problem. the only time this was a problem was with a portable I was reviewing and it only had a fan setting, no fan off. I think it was the NO3? I don't remember.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom