• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8tfulvap0r

We designed the pricing structure around the requests that we got the most people, and so far from the orders that have been coming in its showing that many people already have their own batteries and chargers.

Cheers,
Tim

First post, longtime lurker, but this does not seem like a very good sign to me Tim. I would be willing to wager a decent amount of people not ordering a battery or charger just assume it comes with the 249.99 price.

gr8tfulvap0r,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Here we go again......

TV has not said what the maximum size is, the Beta unit I have is not the final version in this area so measuring mine is useless really. I have nine (IIRC the count I did a few days back in response to this topic) different 18650s that are button top, they all work fine in mine. Standard button top batteries will work I think, but there are lots of makers that cheat on that so nobody can say 'all are fine' without trying them first.

IMO it's not a real issue.

No, it will not impact the warranty as written.

OF

Sorry if this had been discussed already. So much info so little time. :ko:

VaporEyes,
Reactions: OF

OF

First post, longtime lurker, but this does not seem like a very good sign to me Tim. I would be willing to wager a decent amount of people not ordering a battery or charger just assume it comes with the 249.99 price.

Could well be, of course. And I can't speak for others, but I'm in the habit of checking 'what's in the box' information when I order stuff (for instance to see how many batteries I'm getting/do I want to order more).

I think most of the early buyers will be well informed buyers, most with TV product experience, where such things are always a factor? At the inside I'd expect more of them looking for what specific model charger is being used?

For sure we don't see many 'hey, what do you mean I don't get a charger and battery with the order I just made?' posts here. I share your hope there well be few if any surprises for buyers. That helps none of us.

OF

JoeKickass

Or it shows people don't read and will be calling / e-mailing asking why they don't have a battery and charger with their order. Lets hope that isn't the case.
Man I was thinking the same thing... but those same people probably don't read FC and I doubt they would know the correct battery... they should probably ship the cera with instructions so people don't try to jam it full of C's or AA's...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This endless discussion about TET's pricing and marketing choices needs to stop now.

If TET has made a mistake then the market will let them know. In the meantime, they don't need your opinions or guesses about why they chose their pricing model. Neither do people coming here for information about the Cera. If you want to continue along this line, I suggest you take it to the Cera jibberish thread, or better yet just drop it.

Medical Mark

Yup I agree .
I can't wait to see my Cera in action and throw some EO oil in the cart and relax.
I'm so convinced that this vaporizer will do exactly what it says it will do and medically I believe this will be a perfect vaporizer for me.
Botanicals and oils will work just fine in the Cera.
The vapor produced by this device in the videos with the LL/EO via convection is next to none in my opinion like I have mentioned before I have 4 portable vapes and I don't believe any produce vapor like this Cera does.
Now there is going to be a learning curve do to the fact that it is a true convection vaporizer and the Cera LL will need some technique and some experimentation .
Slow steady inhales, fast and furious, what ever you decided. It will take a bit to get used to cause true convection use hot air that your moving through the plant matter t heat it up and produce vapor which you inhale but the trick is truly the inhale speed and consistency and it would help if the herb is finely packed for a good surface area which air can pass through.
This will all contribute to a good draw rom the Cera LL in my opinion even though I don't have mine in hand yet I know that this is the trick.
VXH works in the same way heat air passing through plant material into your lungs but its the amount of air your sucking in fast or slow through the mouth piece that determine the amount of vapor produced and released intern big clouds.
This will also be true with Cera you control the heat, air and flow which will determine the size of your vapor clouds.
I can't wait I have 7 oz of meds waiting which I will make some more essentail oil but im waiting to use the 4 different oils I allready made for the Cera a few weeks ago.
I'm so stoked about the Cera. All the in and outs don't really matter so much just that it elleviates my pain, here in the great white north of Canada.
Oh Cera oh Cera where art thou Cera

Medical Mark

Well intelligent information with actual facts is always good but in this whole case of the Cera it only takes commen sense to understand the workings of this machine and the convection aspect of the Cera LL.
This vaporizer will change thinking like simple is sometimes better.
The Cera is so simple in its application and functional use its a no brainier to understand how it will work.
In the future as things get rolling I'm sure the TET staff will release a power adaptor which will make the Cera even more efficient again I like the fact the batteries will last at least 30 min heat up faster and have the same power it's great cause now I get 2.
I am very understanding regarding this new product and its release al good things come to those who wait. Lol
There will not be any disappointment in this product, the principles of how it works speaks for itself powerful, flexible, quick and easy.
I can't wait I got a email today saying next week they probably start shipping Cera's outp, let's hope so.
Up he in Canada it would be nice to have a hand warmer whichs warms my cold hands but also calms my nerves and takes the pains of life away with a click of a button away we go lol

Medical Mark,
Reactions: Dogman

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Once we get orders caught up and have time to start setting up new products we are going to offer more individual components so that you will be able to build your own modular Cera out of any material you want. Could you imagine a carbon fiber, Birdseye maple and Titanium Cera...... :rockon:
Carbon fiber! Now there's an interesting choice... Can't wait to see what's on the way.

nopartofme,
Reactions: ShipDit

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Who is saving up tons of money to buy different skins. They can change with your mood. As good as I expect the cera to work I find the skins exciting.

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Well intelligent information with actual facts is always good but in this whole case of the Cera it only takes common sense to understand the workings of this machine and the convection aspect of the Cera LL.
This vaporizer will change thinking like simple is sometimes better.
The Cera is so simple in its application and functional use its a no brainier to understand how it will work.
In the future as things get rolling I'm sure the TET staff will release a power adaptor which will make the Cera even more efficient again I like the fact the batteries will last at least 30 min heat up faster and have the same power it's great cause now I get 2.
I am very understanding regarding this new product and its release al good things come to those who wait. Lol
There will not be any disappointment in this product, the principles of how it works speaks for itself powerful, flexible, quick and easy.
I can't wait I got a email today saying next week they probably start shipping Cera's outp, let's hope so.
Up here in Canada it would be nice to have a hand warmer which warms my cold hands but also calms my nerves and takes the pains of life away with a click of a button away we go lol
I could not agree more. Being older than a lot, younger than some, it is really hard for me to put a lot of faith in anything at all. But I have met and worked with men and women like these, and one can feel when a team has the ultimate goal in mind, and that is to try to please as many as possible with a perfect product. Things don't always go as planned, parts do not meet spec and you have a choice of either postponement of the final ship date or disappointment because of a less than perfect product.

I have always run my business by the saying 'I would rather explain a higher price for a better product, rather than apologies for a poor quality product.

In my warped mind I cannot wait until all the naysayers see what kind of engineering and quality can come out of the good ole USA, and have to wonder how many will eventually end up with one. A convection vape that blows clouds like it does (I think I will have to finally label myself 'Cloud Chaser') with 30 to 45 minutes of run time with all the batteries and parts and possibilities ...

My hats off to TET, keep doing what you are doing and you will keep getting what you are getting. As far as I am concerned, you guys are a model for what American business in the future should be.

Swaiter1

Sorry my first post here is on the negative side, but this latest update leaves me even more frustrated. While I have sympothy and understanding for delays caused by unforseen acts of nature, it doesn't seem like these events had any real effect on shipping as all of the parts required weren't (and apparently still are not) available. So while the Cera may be almost ready to ship, and may eventually be proven to be an amazing product... the initial rollout has left me, and I'm sure others, somewhat underwhelmed.

Swaiter1,

Tweek

Sorry my first post here is on the negative side, but this latest update leaves me even more frustrated. While I have sympothy and understanding for delays caused by unforseen acts of nature, it doesn't seem like these events had any real effect on shipping as all of the parts required weren't (and apparently still are not) available. So while the Cera may be almost ready to ship, and may eventually be proven to be an amazing product... the initial rollout has left me, and I'm sure others, somewhat underwhelmed.

You have to keep in mind that even though parts were unaffected (although I think the batteries were damaged?), they are a small company and had to attend to insurance issues, and repairs, etc...all during a busy holiday season. They are good folks and trying their best.

As to unavailable pieces I doubt that would have cause this long of delay if that were the only issues on their end.

This is a good thread to vent if you need to: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cera-the-wait-jibberish-thread.7919/page-15#post-319035

PB88123

Vaporist

Maybe they were expecting all parts to arrive by a certain day and then they would build and ship the Cera. At the end of a video they listed all the companies they support. It was a pretty long list and to get each supplier to hit a deadline is tough. Maybe they were expecting all parts to arrive before the roof caved in and then it all kind of just went south with the roof caving in and suppliers missing deadlines. Then the projected release date gets pushed back. I'm sure this happens to many other companies but most people don't realize it because they don't hear about the product or company until they get their production line running smoothly with no delays. So we are kinda getting a behind the scenes look into what it takes to get a product made and out to people. So while it kinda sucks it is kinda expected. Soon though this will be all forgotten as we shift to talking about the Cera.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
And further more we don't know if those companies are effected by weather as well...some where in cali and some in snow ridden places. As PB88 said we are behind the scenes we are getting to see stuff we never ever get to see unless you are in business yourself. I personally loved to get a glimpse into the workings of a business.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit

bopper

Perhaps a simple statement that some parts were delayed (at the point when the delays were unavoidable) and a periodic informative update would have quelled most of the speculation. ;)

Best,

bopper

bopper,
Reactions: harmudge

Swaiter1

You have to keep in mind that even though parts were unaffected (although I think the batteries were damaged?), they are a small company and had to attend to insurance issues, and repairs, etc...all during a busy holiday season. They are good folks and trying their best.

As to unavailable pieces I doubt that would have cause this long of delay if that were the only issues on their end.

This is a good thread to vent if you need to: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cera-the-wait-jibberish-thread.7919/page-15#post-319035

I was simply responding to a statement made in this discussion thread.. So I don't know why anybody would see this as an off topic rant. It seems that anytime someone brings up such points they are now automatically requested to post their thoughts in a "jibberish" category.

BSF33

I was simply responding to a statement made in this discussion thread.. So I don't know why anybody would see this as an off topic rant. It seems that anytime someone brings up such points they are now automatically requested to post their thoughts in a "jibberish" category.

That's because people are bringing up the same topics so much that it has become jibberish. Some people don't come on here to read the same complaints about how the cera is late and the batteries and charger are not included.

We are over privileged to even know what is happening with this product before it hits the market.

Stop complaining and wait for user reviews if your still skeptical. Just stop filling this thread with the "jibberish".

harmudge

This endless discussion about TET's pricing and marketing choices needs to stop now.

If TET has made a mistake then the market will let them know. In the meantime, they don't need your opinions or guesses about why they chose their pricing model. Neither do people coming here for information about the Cera. If you want to continue along this line, I suggest you take it to the Cera jibberish thread, or better yet just drop it.

I ain't flaming, trying to infuriate or anything akin to things like that....I would merely like to ask "Pakalolo, are you a dictator or something ?".

Now I actually agree with what you and other posters are saying about the marketing and pricing structure discussion....it has been discussed, well and truly....but it's your dictator style of commanding, "this needs to stop now" etc....that winds me up and I'm sure others too.

Now I'm sure I don't need to tell you, your only a moderator or similar here and not an all out ruler who can command his subjects at his whim...there may be something written into the rules of the forum that gives mod's here those powers, I'm unsure as I never gave them my full attention...sadly.

I also believe that most of us here live in a democracy of some sort and if someone wants to bring up the subject of TET's marketing/pricing yet again, then that's fine by me...even although it has been well and truly discussed.
I do believe that this forum is ran democraticaly and is partly for the purpose of asking questions and obviously it is then up to the wider community reading the thread wither the subject get's an answer or just dies a death...I think when someone comes in and commands another poster to stop now when, no rule of the community has been broken and no one is really getting upset is overstepping the mark.

Sorry pakalolo but I just felt something needed to be said.

mod note: It is sad, and unfortunate, that you didn't think it necessary to give your full attention to the rules, since you agreed to abide by them when you registered. And forums are not democracies, they're owned by someone and run the way the owners see fit. In the future I suggest you take up your suggestions for how the forum should be run in the manner stated on the rules page.
max- another 'dictator mod'

OF

Now I'm sure I don't need to tell you, your only a moderator or similar here and not an all out ruler who can command his subjects at his whim...there may be something written into the rules of the forum that gives mod's here those powers, I'm unsure as I never gave them my full attention...sadly.

I also believe that most of us here live in a democracy of some sort and if someone wants to bring up the subject of TET's marketing/pricing yet again, then that's fine by me...even although it has been well and truly discussed.
I do believe that this forum is ran democraticaly and is partly for the purpose of asking questions and obviously it is then up to the wider community reading the thread wither the subject get's an answer or just dies a death...I think when someone comes in and commands another poster to stop now when, no rule of the community has been broken and no one is really getting upset is overstepping the mark.

Actually you might want to read (and follow) the rules you agreed to abide by when you joined the forum. Specifically questioning any Moderator's actions in public is forbidden:

"Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member."

We also differ in our 'take' on what your (and my) 'rights' are here. This is not a public square, it's a private forum. We are guests here. Proper manners demand we obey the owners wishes or play elsewhere IMO. Same as the real world.

Many of us remain here to help others specifically because of the protection from the juvenile BS that drags so many other forums down. I'm not saying you're there, of course, but without some tending things can rapidly degrade. Pak has told us his reasons here (not that he has to....), he's looking long term at not cluttering the thread up with such details and opinions that will be basically meaningless in the future. We can't really ask folks to 'search for the answer before making someone do your homework for you' if the joint is cluttered up with non informative stuff?

Months from now, who really cares how excited (or upset) some random Member was?

It's a gray area for sure, but the rules say the Moderators make these calls and if we're going to question it we should do so off line. I've done just that (had very useful PM discussions with Moderators), it works well and fast and doesn't draw any heat. I recommend it.

OF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom