• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF

http://thermovape.force.com/IdaProductDetail?id=01t50000001qlFdAAI

It says not for the Cera but if you use the 510 drip it would work.

Bingo! Thanks very much, I never can find what I want on their web site.....

I think the 'not for Cera' is because of the Cera MP being 1/2 inch ceramic. The oil core running without the cap and MP is another matter. Normal drip tips work fine, in fact I prefer it since I don't run the oil cart more than a few quick hits it never gets very hot.

OF

OF,

GR

So it's not really like its better tasting or more efficient than steel. I always thought there was sum thing since titanium nails and domes are like a whole new industry nowadays. What makes the dabbers spend the money on titanium. I doubt people go outside with their titanium nail setups/bongs whatever they are

I am waiting to hear for first user to use the Cera to hopefully shed light on taste diff from a SS EO core to a TI EO core. There may be none at the temps the Cera is heating at but when it comes to high heat like skillets, nails, and dabbers TI makes a difference. Torch some SS to red hot and see if you smell anything, I do and I can even taste the difference from a dabber which is not being heated to red hot during a dab. For repeated red hot torches TI will oxidize less then SS and so far this is my plan for cleaning. http://www.highlyeducatedti.com/blog/?p=155#more-155

If there is no taste difference I think I will go for the SS core but the extra money is worth every penny for the TI core if it is better for pure oil flavor.

GR,

NoName

Bingo! Thanks very much, I never can find what I want on their web site.....

I think the 'not for Cera' is because of the Cera MP being 1/2 inch ceramic. The oil core running without the cap and MP is another matter. Normal drip tips work fine, in fact I prefer it since I don't run the oil cart more than a few quick hits it never gets very hot.

OF

OF,

Can't remember if you've said but have you used a UFO MP on the EO cart?

BTW thanks for the TI CERA update - light at the end of the tunnel!!!

NN

NoName,
Reactions: OF

NYC5IKH5jabi

Nails, skillets and dabbers are ti because of ti having a high temp oxidation point. You heat the nail with butane, which burns at 2500°, which is around where ti oxidizes. Steel will oxidize at a lower temp, which is not good; oxidation is to be avoided, that's where a lot of health concerns stem from. Some use propane or mapp gas for their torches, and they both burn hotter and are considered worse for the application due to their temps.

This is not really a concern with the cera, it does not get hot enough.
So a ss cera and ti cera will work the same? Ll and eo? Cuz that's the vibe I'm getting from all you geniuses lol I'm gonna go with a ss if the performance out of box is going to be the same. I won't pay double for titanium just for aesthetics or showing off to my friends.

fake name

So a ss cera and ti cera will work the same? Ll and eo? Cuz that's the vibe I'm getting from all you geniuses lol I'm gonna go with a ss if the performance out of box is going to be the same. I won't pay double for titanium just for aesthetics or showing off to my friends.

Short term, yeah I expect them to perform the same. The reason I don't think it is just for showing off is the proposed life time of the device. If you are going to be using the same core for more than a decade, then you will probably notice a difference. Or if you live on the beach and use it outside everyday. But regular use for a few years, I don't think there will be much noticeable difference. Only time will tell, though.

Also, in one of the cera videos Noah torches the core clean, and I would be more comfortable doing this with ti.

NYC5IKH5jabi

Short term, yeah I expect them to perform the same. The reason I don't think it is just for showing off is the proposed life time of the device. If you are going to be using the same core for more than a decade, then you will probably notice a difference. Or if you live on the beach and use it outside everyday. But regular use for a few years, I don't think there will be much noticeable difference. Only time will tell, though.

Also, in one of the cera videos Noah torches the core clean, and I would be more comfortable doing this with ti.
Thanks bro I'm going to go order a SS now since you've all helped me understand that out of the box the ss and ti will perform the same and so I'd rather save my 250.

OF

Can't remember if you've said but have you used a UFO MP on the EO cart?

BTW thanks for the TI CERA update - light at the end of the tunnel!!!

No, sorry, I have not tried it, I don't have one. I have no complaints with the standard drip tip, nor has anyone who's used it commented.

You're welcome for the update, nice to have some good news to pass on.

There should be minor differences but I expect them to be far less than the difference between fresh and depleted battery. Withing the next two weeks guys should have the Ti units in hand. I know a guy gettng one, we're planning on A/B testing the two (Ti and SS) side by side with the same concentrates.

This question, I think, will be answered very quickly, but can't be now. If we can't answer it, we'll at least have some new stuff to toss around.

OF

OF

i cannot wait for this week to come and go. i have a feeling its gonna be crazy in here once shipping notices start going out.

I got the feeling you're about 150% right with that. A lot of pent up energy in these here members......

Sorry about the not taking the wait well, maybe we need a support group? I could come to meetings and we can pass the Beta unit around the circle as each tells his story, like a ceramic Peace Pipe at a Pow Wow?

I got the feeling these days of angst will be more fun looking back on than living through.

OF

AirDru

Sorry about the not taking the wait well, maybe we need a support group? I could come to meetings and we can pass the Beta unit around the circle as each tells his story

Fantastic idea OF

the wait wont be so bad tomorrow as i have some retail therapy planned. I need to restock my EOs. my current collection is down to 3g of different EOs and 1g of PG. im thinking I'll probably grab an 8th or so of wax and shatter.

im also gonna grab some Good herb, some nice malleable bubble hash, and some kif. gotta give the LL core some love too!

The rest of the week is gonna be a bitch though. hopefully we get some user reviews later this week (ie: a little cera foreplay before i get my own.)

iamn3ko

A lot of pent up energy in these here members......

Sorry about the not taking the wait well, maybe we need a support group? I could come to meetings and we can pass the Beta unit around the circle as each tells his story, like a ceramic Peace Pipe at a Pow Wow?

OF

Hi iamn3ko and I'm a Ceraddict!

I haven't even hit it yet and I'm hooked man!

I'm tweekin, I'm tweekin, I'm tweekin!

pecosthecat

looking forward to seeing the reviews on this unit. I was one of the earliest T1 adopters and initially quite enthusiastic about the product, but seldom use it anymore. It is a bit too finicky compared to my other vapes.

pecosthecat,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Im sure there will be a new thermovape and/or othercompanies toys released within the decade that will cause everyone to forget about their ceras/current vapes. Im probably gonna reorder a cera SS once everything settles down. By the time i would notice any of the difference/ problems between the SS and Ti, im almost positive ill be drooling over something new

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
@OF, have you been using the EO core much? I saw you had a friend who was an oil head that was using it. What metal and how have you been cleaning? Are iso soaks&boil20/20 just/almost as good as those crazy torch cleanings? If I got a SS model EO and decided to torch it to clean the taste out, will this discolor and ruin the resale on say fc classifieds later down the road if I ever decide to part? Thanks mate

kushcabbage,

PB88123

Vaporist
The Cera vaporpedia page is coming along. Still needs work (rewording somethings as I copied and pasted some info from here and the TV web site). For those who like to work on them feel free to fill in / move things around / make things flow better and look better.

For now the LL, EO and EL are all under 1 article. With some better formatting I think it can stay that way.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/ThermoVape_Cera

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This morning I found another long off-topic discussion here, including at least one recognition that this was happening. I booted the posts about oil into the Cera Jibberish thread and I took the ones about cloud-chasing and made you a new thread in Vaporization Discussion: Cloud-chaser: Derogatory term or innocent classification? You will have to go and play in one of those threads because

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!
TET will open a new Cera thread at their convenience.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom