Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB88123

Vaporist
Cera EO GIF

iu0DSLSMaFw5g.gif

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Man, I hardly ever place pre-orders for stuff but the more I read, the more enticing it sounds. :uhoh:

To buy or not to buy....

Medical Mark

Ya anyone who says that the new cera LL can't produce clouds or thick vapor is just blind I guess look at all the vapor from the Cera LL and the EO carts wow I'm sure convinced this thing works well I've have 4 portable vapes and none produce large dense vapor clouds like these in the last couple posts.
Cera is gonna change my room from hazy to down right foggy, like a fire started I my vapor room lol
I'm am not concerned just impatient .

Medical Mark,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'll admit I am getting moments of feeling impatient, mainly just waiting in general has been a challenge for me most of my life :lol: This has been a wonderful exorcize in patience, understanding, and even humility. I had to back my order down to bare bones SS LL and EO, waiting for response. I will look into adding extras later, when things are more stable. I am hoping to see something about the skins, if this is taking longer to be released, I wonder what the chances of skins being ready are.

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
I'll admit I am getting moments of feeling impatient, mainly just waiting in general has been a challenge for me most of my life :lol: This has been a wonderful exorcize in patience, understanding, and even humility. I had to back my order down to bare bones SS LL and EO, waiting for response. I will look into adding extras later, when things are more stable. I am hoping to see something about the skins, if this is taking longer to be released, I wonder what the chances of skins being ready are.

I hear you. At this point I don't care if the cera is only available in hot pink and is powered by coal. I just want the damn thing to arrive already :bang:

kevin

Hey OF
Did you get a chance to test these batts?

http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...tton-top-high-drain-battery-cell-li-mn-li-ion

http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...18650a-protection-ic-made-in-japan-top-button

Come on guys give Stone-Man a break, I may not agree with everything Stone-Man says BUT he does have a few valid points.
And how is it we are all saying what a great vape Cera is when NObody but OF and the ones building them have even seen one, As for videos showing clouds, I'm sure you have all seen that with other vapes, only to spend your money and find out it's junk? :2c: I hope it's the greatest vape ever made!
The website, well IMO it sucks! Yes, I ordered everything because it seemed to me thats what we had to do, we needed the batts and charger (which I already had), couldn't use any others etc. Same misunderstanding I had with the lit switches, I still don't know where he found the links selling the whole new switch, and after comming to this site I had to call them and change my order.

Very sorry to say, that as of Thursday at 3:00pm I was told (on the phone) maybe shipping will start on Monday, maybe sooner, don't hold your breath!:doh:

Anyway, I hope evrybody has a Happy New Year!
Kevin

Krazzykid

Made a gif of a Cera LL exhale from a youtube video.

i9pOuTvBLTmna.gif
I love this gif!
Noah may have had to take one of his super long inhales(I have no problem doing by the way), but nobody can say this is a thin wisp of vapor by all means!
That one hit right there would be enough for me to feel pleasantly medicated! Turn the unit back off and into my pocket.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yeah I'm really awaiting some people to compare it to the Pax.

It looks amazing. I don't like how the Pax is conductive (it is amazing in itself though). If the Cera is way better than the Pax, then I might just have to jump the gun and get this thing. It looks pretty freagin' amazing.

I can't wait until people start posting videos, and using it for real. I'm excited for everyone who pre-ordered :-).

OF

Hey OF
Did you get a chance to test these batts?

Come on guys give Stone-Man a break, I may not agree with everything Stone-Man says BUT he does have a few valid points.

And how is it we are all saying what a great vape Cera is when NObody but OF and the ones building them have even seen one, As for videos showing clouds, I'm sure you have all seen that with other vapes, only to spend your money and find out it's junk?

No, I'm sorry, I don't have either of those that I know of (I have 3 color coded Beta test batteries without labels). I have the flat top version of the first (I think), and while it fits, it doesn't work for that reason. I'll be happy to test them for you, send them along?

Not sure what to say about SM except he's making the same points over and over? "Chopping hard, and no chips are flying" as they say? I'm seeing an increasingly shorter 'talking points' list of negatives. My best advice there is 'save your money'. As individuals we're on our own to ponder the validity and motivation of the remaining concerns.

You're not right about "NObody but OF and the ones building them have even seen one", there are other Beta testers (who by conventional rules I don't know) and I have personally shown mine to 3 other guys who have tried it, one of whom has self identified here (although he only took a single toke IIRC). One is a serious 'nail head' who tried to buy the Beta unit from me, has one on order as I understand, and plans to put his 'rig' into semi retirement. I can assure you the videos you saw were real, and the quality seems at least as high as T1 and the other TV products many of us know and trust. Please remember I have the exact oil cart used in the first video? It is quite real.

To those who enjoy good gear, or like being early adopters of cutting edge stuff I can honestly advise 'get on board' based on my experiences.....you get to decide if I'm lying or am a paid shill after all.

As long as it is not TET who disappears behind the steam, so good !!!! :cool::lol:

Amen to that. Worse still would be having the Cera disappear?

No matter how you slice it, that's some serious vapor there. More than I'm up for. Nice to know it's 'on tap' though. Like all those extra number on the speedometer I never really use.

OF

X24

A suggestion to whoever does your videos, don't do the zoom in/focus on the nikon strap, the american spirit cigarette box and the apple hardware.

X24,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hello..... i am not trying to fuel the argument anymore but i am guessing this post might. let me first say that i am considering a Cera, but only after i hear from everday users how it is with LL. Oil is a secondary thing for me cause i can't get it often (i have had wax in my possession 1 time in the 25+ years i have been smoking/vaping).

so the reason for this post.... everyone keeps throwing around this $250.00 price tag. while the Cera is listed at $249.99, that is only for the Cera body and one cart (LL, EO, EL). that $249.99 price does NOT include a battery needed to run the Cera or the charger needed to charge the battery that is needed to run the Cera. now i know there are people with batteries and chargers so $249.99 maybe what they will pay (minus any addons). I for one, do not have the batteries or the charger, so the base price for me is just under $300.

so IMHO opinion.... throwing around the $250.00 price tag is only true for SOME of the people reading this thread and not everyone. i am willing to bet that most people looking to buy a Cera will be like me needing at least one battery (i would buy two) and a charger. again... this is only my opinion

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Thought I'd add my take on the pricing.

The price of the unit is exceptional, Thank you TET for listening to your customers from the T1 times.

You see it was "us T1 forum customer's" who ask and in fact begged for the T1 to be sold by itself for folks who already had all the other needed accessories or wanted to buy elsewhere. This was a cost saving request from us to them. Now with the Cera being powered with a more common battery this is even more of a concern. Why sell when some stuff not needed. Not to mention the package price would be over $300.+

Just throwing this out there as I can see how some may wonder why things are not included and feel it's just a rip off. When if fact it's the opposite.

Pipes

mmenzie

Thought I'd add my take on the pricing.

The price of the unit is exceptional, Thank you TET for listening to your customers from the T1 times.

You see it was "us T1 forum customer's" who ask and in fact begged for the T1 to be sold by itself for folks who already had all the other needed accessories or wanted to buy elsewhere. This was a cost saving request from us to them. Now with the Cera being powered with a more common battery this is even more of a concern. Why sell when some stuff not needed. Not to mention the package price would be over $300.+

Just throwing this out there as I can see how some may wonder why things are not included and feel it's just a rip off. When if fact it's the opposite.

Pipes

i don't disagree with their pricing model and am glad for the people that have batteries and chargers so they are not required to purchase them. if i was one of them i would want it that way too. I am however part of the people that do not have batteries and/or chargers. as i said before i am betting most people that want to buy a Cera will be non-FC members and most of them will not have batteries or chargers either. I may be wrong in that statement as i have no proof, but there is no proof that most people will have batteries and chargers either.

my whole point is that i believe when talking about price comparisons with the Cera and other vapes (PAX, INH, INH XP, MFLB, SOLO, etc.) you can't throw out the $250.00 price tag thinking that is what all people would pay when in fact it is not. for my own example (note i said me not everyone), i am looking to buy a new portable soon. as i also stated before oil and wax are not readily available and are secondary to me. Dry herbs is my main concern and oil secondary (if i bought a Cera it would be initially the LL cart and i MAY get an EO cart down the line if waxes and oils come around more) so my purchase price to get a WORKING Cera is $294.00 plus shipping... no two ways around it. i could buy it for $249.99 plus shipping and use it to break cups and dishes but that would be all i could do with it. or compare that to say the INH XP and i could pay $249.95 plus shipping or a PAX for $249.99 plus shipping and have a unit i could use out of the box and get medicated.

i hear you all now saying "well don't buy a Cera if that is your issue" and i say to that.... it is not my issue as i am considering a Cera despite the price differences. i just would like everyone to know that the $250.00 price comparison to other vapes is not good for alot of people that will have buy batteries and a charger

Krazzykid

hello..... i am not trying to fuel the argument anymore but i am guessing this post might. let me first say that i am considering a Cera, but only after i hear from everday users how it is with LL. Oil is a secondary thing for me cause i can't get it often (i have had wax in my possession 1 time in the 25+ years i have been smoking/vaping).

so the reason for this post.... everyone keeps throwing around this $250.00 price tag. while the Cera is listed at $249.99, that is only for the Cera body and one cart (LL, EO, EL). that $249.99 price does NOT include a battery needed to run the Cera or the charger needed to charge the battery that is needed to run the Cera. now i know there are people with batteries and chargers so $249.99 maybe what they will pay (minus any addons). I for one, do not have the batteries or the charger, so the base price for me is just under $300.

so IMHO opinion.... throwing around the $250.00 price tag is only true for SOME of the people reading this thread and not everyone. i am willing to bet that most people looking to buy a Cera will be like me needing at least one battery (i would buy two) and a charger. again... this is only my opinion

While I do see where you are coming from, it does clearly state that the battery and charger are not included. So it is up to the purchaser to either already have them, add them onto the order, or find suitable ones elsewhere. A lot of people that are purchasing already have some lying around, I have a few just from flashlights I have purchased in the past plus others from other vapes I have bought.

Even if ThermoVape was to add them into the package it would still cost $300, it wouldn't magically drop to 250 again. You do understand this right?

They have done everything they could to get the prices down to where they are now, and frankly I am still surprised that just the Cera isn't twice the cost already! You have to realize that the stabilized cubic zirconia ceramic body is extremely expensive stuff! Add in the medical grade stainless or titanium, and this vape should cost at least $500 base price! If any other company was making it I can pretty much guarantee it would cost at least that!

Just look at the Pax. Sure it has a stainless air path. Base price is 249.99 and the materials cost nowhere near the materials of the Cera. This is just one example.

If you still think Cera is overpriced, then I don't see how you can even consider any other vaporizer out there!

mmenzie

If you still think Cera is overpriced, then I don't see how you can even consider any other vaporizer out there!

nowhere in my posts did i EVER say the Cera was overpriced.... i just stated that the members of this forum are throwing around $250.00 price tag and that new users that never owned a TV product or any other battery product will have to pay more than $250.00 that is all. i know it's made with awesome materials, and i realize they are doing what they can to bring the price down. i NEVER said it was overpriced

Krazzykid

Sorry I was reading that on a review of the Pax and apparently it was not an accurate review. Post has been edited to remove that comment. Thank you

Krazzykid,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom