1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

i see your point @Quetzalcoatl, but being clumsy sometimes, i prefere to have less fragile items laying around. in case something breakes, i can still order a new one. :) can we choose the woods for the wpws in the orbiter package?

i accidentally stumbled across this review of the FF, which compares it to the mflb. from what i've seen, it seems to be a fancy, glorified mflb, albeit with more downsides. why buy this, when you can have the real thing for a lot less? :)

p.s.: if you going to design a vaporizer, that looks like a mobile phone, why use the obsolete nokia models as guidelines? only raises more suspicions than it should prevent. :) same goes for the accent.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Yea.. I had my eye on the Firefly for a while. I think it runs into the issue where its really neither here nor there. For ultimate discreetness, nothing beats the PAX in my opinion. Despite all the cons that unit has, it at least beats out just about every other vaporizer in that category. I'd never select it as my primary vape, but definitely what I'd choose if I was gonna go out and about. The other devices that he compared it to like the Solo I see more as a portable that you take to a bud's house and use it the same way you'd use a log vape (not as effective as something like an E-Nano, but still great), sharing it with 4 friends or something (especially if they're not familiar with vapes - easy learning curve).

MFLB just has all around great versatility for me. Admittedly I don't use it as a portable anymore (nowadays just been using a 1 hitter bat that looks like a cig and hitting the AVB from my MFLB), but its nice knowing I can easily use it in that manner if I wanted to. After I sold most my other vapes, I used the money to start buying accessories for the MFLB, the PA 2.0 being one of em which helped make it my primary. Cost, size, and awesome warranty is what makes me really like the MFLB. Also, there's just something a little more intimate about using the MFLB (to me) that other vapes don't offer. Hard to explain exactly why, but I still get a good tingly feeling taking it out and before the session even gets started (despite owning one for years) that I never got with other vapes I owned/used (all which cost more).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    lexfrmqu likes this.
  3. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. The MFLB give me the same kind of feeling that my PD did/does. Wonder if it's a wood kinda thing??

axakal and OF like this.
  4. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Must be.. a combination of the wood and the whole ritual with the brush cleaning, collecting all the AVB and refilling the trench. I used to not buy into all the hippie mumbo jumbo on the MFLB.. but it really does give me the feeling of a product that someone took particular care for in making it.

Definitely a simple design that can be sold for a lot less than what MFLBs go for.. but if you've seen the imitation ones as many others have.. you really do get where the extra money is going into (not to mention the warranty). Those other ones feel like mass-manufactured garbage that no one cared for.

I'm still always on the look out for new and refreshing vapes (which was why I had huge initial interest in the Firefly too), so its not like I've completely made my mind that the MFLB is the only one for me.. but its definitely a testament to the Box itself that I keep coming back after all the other rounds I've gone through.

mod note: Edited to fix broken quote.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Buildozer and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Round ball of glass has no seams or edges, therefore fewer "critical" spots to hit and crack....
    more round area, with higher structural integrity.

axakal, Quetzalcoatl and OF like this.
  6. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

How NOT to use a Launch Box:

7. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

My gawd... I would rather suffer a rectal surgery than sit through another one of that guy's reviews:bang:

8. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

:lol:

9. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

you are evil :)

lwien likes this.
  10. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

I just hope that young lady got out of his lair before things got super creepy.

It's probably best that he rely on a battery for combustion, rather than open flame.

11. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

:lmao:

"It's smoking really good right now." :doh: They keep calling it smoking, which is good because that's what they wind up doing. I don't think she ever let up on the battery.

Herbal Ant, axakal, RUDE BOY and 3 others like this.
  12. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

:rofl:

:peace:

Herbal Ant, axakal, OF and 3 others like this.
  13. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

But ya know what's really sad. What's really sad is all the people on YouTube telling this guy what a great review it was. This guy has a following and not for the right reasons......

Herbal Ant, OF and RUDE BOY like this.
  14. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

I think that guy knows more about LSD trips than vapes..

Herbal Ant and OF like this.
  15. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

He's too young to know anything about true LSD trips. ;) Who knows what kind of crap is being passed off as LSD these days, but ya know, maybe that's why he is the way he is............just a leeeetle bit off center.

Herbal Ant, axakal and OF like this.
  16. KidFated.

Well to be honest i was gunna see he was "faked out" but then he mentioned he didnt know what the aromatherapy blend was..

edit-someone asked about wood choices with the orbiter. No.

17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I like it. I have a friend who sometimes says "about half a bubble out of plumb".

OF

RUDE BOY likes this.
  18. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

One oar in the water....

19. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

I am finding the MFLB on Craigslist for $50-60 locally; should I be leery of buying a used MFLB or should I come out swinging at the first deal I find?

20. KidFated.

They might've claimed warranty on them already, so ask for a serial number, then email MF to check it.

My orbiter is starting to piss me off. They need to make a better base for this awesome bubbler.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl, axakal and Lo like this.
  21. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

@KidFated. Hobbit referred to his ugly screw model as a beta. Once you correct that metal arm it helps a lot. I bet we'll see a better base combined with wood selection in the near future.

22. KidFated.

I've tried everything. I work in a machine shop so i might make my own base on Monday if i have time but we've been swamped.

23. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

Because it's a very different device than the MFLB. The only thing that is similar is the on-demand heating. Otherwise, it has VASTLY superior flavor to the MFLB, a vastly superior build quality, and pure convection vapor. Is it overpriced? You bet. Does it bury the MFLB in terms of flavor and ease of use? You bet.

I own two FF's and two MFLB's. Love em both. The MF is way more stealthy and possibly the greatest value in all of vapordom...what you get for 75 or 80 bucks is pretty sweet. But if I never left the house I would never use the MF over the FF. You should try one...you will be very impressed. (Might not wanna spend the bucks on it, but you won't mistake it for just an overpriced MF ever again.)

As for that Toronto Vape review, it's largely horseshit. Contains a number of factual errors.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl, axakal, twigs and 2 others like this.
  24. Herbal Ant

Herbal Ant Well-Known Member

I think that was the guy from Idiocracy, Frito right? Hurts my head to see people that stupid, didn't know if I would be able to sit through all 9 mins... :doh:

25. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

.....could not sit through that review. Had to shut it off. Guy is obnoxious.. acts more like a coke head.

There are places online that already sell it for around $75. If you hunt around, they run promos or have coupon codes and can get it even cheaper. I'd personally just do that. I think the last MFLB I got was $69 and it came with 4 batteries. I'd rather shell out the extra 10 or so to get it new and have that peace of mind that you didn't get a fake.

meek420 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors