1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

I needed to complete my collection of the three.. And its the only portable I've been using lately (and hammer) so i knew it would be a good investment.
    OF and meek420 like this.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Ah, the Hammer. Fun gadget, in this general class I guess, but the last few times I've used mine in addition to enjoying it I've managed to break a glass stem. Big plus for the box here IMO, it' deals with clumsy much better......

VG (and a personal fav, Vapman) also belong in that same family I think? More 'personal' than say Solo or Ascent if that makes sense? That is the user is a major player in the results.

I hope the Cherry one doesn't inspire envy in the others.

OF
    Quetzalcoatl, axakal and KidFated. like this.
  3. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Do the different woods provide any subtle differences in flavor?
  4. KidFated.

I dont notice it so much when using it native, but i have each of the wooden stems and they all provide their own very subtle flavor IMO, it could just be mind tricks. I dont think you'd notice unless you were really lookin for it. Cherry stem almost seems sweeter, walnut more earthy but very good, and maple just seems really neutral? This is MY experience, others may have different input.

And dont worry OF they all get treated equally.

If i ever needed to warranty my flower of life, do you think they would let me get a normal lid instead? No warranty in the future hopefully, just a vaped thought.
    Quetzalcoatl and RUDE BOY like this.
  5. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

This is what I like about MF biz. module .
    iirc
    When I did my warranty return , the receipt/proof of purchase
    was not necessary , or at least , Not a deal breaker . It was the set of #'s on the back . Which means the warranty is transferable to the new owner , if Not warrantied once already . ( as mentioned ) .

That is pretty trustworthy of MF to do .
    Quetzalcoatl, OF and Vicki like this.
  6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I don't think so. That would leave them open to fraud. I'm pretty sure that if they don't get verification of the destroyed box, they will not honour the warranty on the replacement. Did they tell you something different?
  7. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Not really because I gave them the serial of my bad box. They verified it as legit and shipped me a new one. Therefore the old serial would now be invalid and the new one valid.

This was about a year ago and I heard nothing more from them so I assume all is ok. The bad box is just sitting in three pieces with the screen tore off in my drawer. I could always just send the pics.
  8. KidFated.

I think it would only be dishonored if HYPOTHETICALLY you sold your broken box and they tried to warranty it, then MF wouldn't honor your warranty. My :2c:

I do see Pak's point.. If they didnt get pictures, is it REALLY a valid warranty?..
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  9. linux3214

linux3214 Active Member

Discovered that the water whip that comes with the Orbiter can be disassembled and that the glass joint can used as a nifty mouthpiece. That along with a Pax connected to the other whip makes a great combo.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  10. pakalolo

Why don't you contact them and see if the warranty is valid for your current serial number? I bet it isn't. Their records should show that they didn't get proof for destruction of the original so they should refuse a claim on the replacement serial number.
  11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yup, I bet Pak's nailed it again. What you have now is two boxes with no warranty on either. The old number shows they sent a replacement out, they won't send another. The new one is not a valid number yet since the warranty process it was attached to never completed. The owner failed to complete his part of the warranty contract, MF has no responsibility to replace it. It never had a warranty. The new box is now contraband and might even be classified as stolen property (actually embezzled I think) on that basis?

The only thing positive is the defective box got replaced near as I can tell? To get the new one serviced I too think both boxes will have to be accounted for.

OF
  12. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

I did a warranty replacement recently, and MF very clearly stated that even though they had already sent out my new box, the warranty on the new box would not be activated until they received pictures of proof of destruction of the old box.
  13. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

MF has always taken care of owners.
    just do what is right, and be treated right.
    avoid buying ANYTHING used from strangers
    further warranty conversation = perseveration. (IMO)
  14. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Thanks guys, per the advice I will likely be buying here in the classifieds if I don't go new...

My membership is still somewhat new, but I should be able to use the classifieds soon (ruh roh!)
    OF likes this.
  15. KidFated.

If you decide to go new, just use their club store. Cant go wrong supporting a legit company.
  16. pakalolo

I'm not sure what you mean here, but any registered member can buy something in the Classifieds.
  17. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

When looking at any Classified ad, the bottom of the page reads "You have insufficient privileges to reply here"
  18. KidFated.

You cant reply, just PM
    OF and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  19. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

You're not allowed to reply to posts anymore. Used to be able to but that changed. It's just an ad basically, you PM someone about it if it's unlocked still.

edit: beat to the punch! :argh:
    KidFated. likes this.
  20. pakalolo

What those guys said. This is explained in the Classified rules.
    OF likes this.
  21. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Thanks. I appreciate the guidance, still finding my way around this cool site:D
    Quetzalcoatl, mitchgo61 and OF like this.
  22. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

I just got my magic flight orbiter today,I'm really happy with the quality of the build.
    And the perculation is really good,lots of micro bubbles
  23. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Just got a new box and mine had the static issue too, I haven't put it in my pocket its always just been on my desk and I was thinking it would go away after a few trenches, but no.

That worked perfectly OF.

Its crazy how cool my old box would run, this one gives me massive hits in 7 seconds. I thought my batteries (powerex 2700s) needed to be replaced I had to wait 3 seconds before inhaling.
  24. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Glad you like the dryer sheet trick.

Boxes 'cooling off' (same temperature really, just lower rate of heat transfer......) is the norm. My theory is a layer of oxide builds up on the screen insulating it (slowing the heat transfer by conduction). It's quite normal. Ideally they start out 'a little to hot, really' and mellow into 'just right'.

However, what's 'just right' for one guy isn't necessarily the same for the next. Hard to 'be all things to all men' you know. As much now as it was when Paul suggested it to us a couple centuries ago, perhaps more?

Congrats on the new box, enjoy it!

OF
  25. Ano

Ano FC Lover

deadheadbill, b0, linux3214 and 13 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors