1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

I was planning on buying an orbiter with the money I had, that I then used for my cherry box. Oh well! Magic flight deserves my money anyways:tup:

KidFated. and Herbal Ant like this.
  2. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

i had a totally different scenario with a similar outcome. meaning, the box got wet and covered with mold after i didn't use it for a week or so. it was a really unpleasant sight. :) magic flight took care of it.

KidFated. and RUDE BOY like this.
  3. Nok21

Nok21 New Member

Guys, last Wednesday something terrible happened: I had to email magic flight for a replacement box. It has been almost one week, and no reply at all from Magic-Flight and im starting to get both worried and irritated. Last week I noticed two burnt marks above my Draw Hole- Like it was burning from the inside out. IMMEDIATELY after i sent them an email and tried to use my box again, my hit tasted HARSH and like burning wood- so i have deemed that the box is unusable and picked up a vapor genie in the mean time. It works great, btw- Ill make a thread later to compare them.

Im worried because i have never heard of a problem like this with the box, and also that i have not heard from magic flight yet. Im slightly irritated because I dropped the extra money on a power adapter, a pair of concentrate trays, and extra batteries..

Now, I dont want to come across as some prick ranting and raving about his broken vaporizer, so ill end this post with two questions:

1. How long does it take for magic-flight to reply to a warranty email? on 3/12/14 (Tomorrow) it will have been one week since i emailed them a short email and my pictures. All i have received is the automated "We got your email" message.

2. Anyone else ever heard of this issue? (Not the no replying, but the box burning from the inside out)

I appreciate any and all advice, folks! Once this is all over I'll for sure write a review of the magic flight launch box, but like I've felt from the beginning- I need to have gone through the warranty process to do that. If it is requested, i will gladly post pictures of the burn marks above my draw holes.

4. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

@Nok21 Pictures would help. I can't even see a way a launch box could burn like I picture your talking about in your post. My boxes never get warm anywhere but the trench screen even with the PA on high.

5. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

@Nok21 check spam, dont fret, they wont leave you hanging. Im itchin to see some pics man.

6. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

I am thinking they are pretty busy I messaged them last Monday, still awaiting response.

7. Nok21

Nok21 New Member

You must forgive my technical ignorance here, but im having trouble finding how i would upload the picture from my laptop- do i have to upload the image to a website in order to post it on here? If so, anyone want to recommend a site to do so with?

EDIT: I will totally get pics on here today once i figure out what i have to do. And i finally got a reply, let me sort this out first and ill get back to everyone!

paytonpenn likes this.
  8. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

http://imgur.com/

Stu likes this.
  9. Nok21

Nok21 New Member

[​IMG]

Okay, there it is. You see those two marks above the draw hole? That is not some kind of gunk or dirt on the box, it is burning from the inside out. I haven't used the box in a few days because it taste like burning wood :\.

Looks like magic flight will take care of it, but im wondering what could have possibly caused this? I have not combusted in a very long time, I'm just at a loss.. Could the use of the concentrate trays have anything to do with this? I'd love to get some more opinions.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. fernand

fernand Well-Known Member

Isn't that where the two rails that the trench screen is mounted on end? if there's a short inside the rails could get very hot, and that would explain it.

BTW how long does it take for them to admit you to the VIP club? been like 10 days since I filled out the form.

11. KidFated.

Those rods and that short make your box work?... How did you think it worked? And check spam filder

12. Notaek

Notaek Well-Known Member

the inside of my battery slot/hole is slightly charred/burnt, has this happened to anyone else?

13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Are you sure it's charred? Sometimes material makes its way down there and the battery pushing against it makes it look dirty. Looks kinda like how the edges of a grinder get when the material gets caught in there and rubbed from friction. Pics would be helpful.

Joshh1 likes this.
  14. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

They most likely will, especially if you show em pics and tell the story. They have a good sense of humor.

Joshh1 likes this.
  15. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

I'm just awaiting a reply now from Magic Flight.

16. KVVS

KVVS Member

Just got my Walnut Box! it really is a nice design with Walnut and the gold/brown screen on it.

And yes the charger is fully working with my simple plug.

Only thing i kind of regret is not getting the Finishing Grinder right away but yeah, whatever.. time 2 vape.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  17. fernand

fernand Well-Known Member

Just got my vip club reply. But now is the orbiter is out to the general public at $79 too? I could sure use a finishing grinder at a discount.

18. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but I believe this is the first time something like this has been shown in this thread. It's certainly the first time i've seen something like that (that I can remember anyway :lol:). Maybe some of the regulars may have heard of this before?

Whatever happens I'm certain magic flight will do you right.

I'm interested to hear the outcome keep us posted :peace:

Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  19. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I am certain that problem has never been reported here before.

davesmith and OF like this.
  20. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

That is where the rods are .. they are the source of current to the screen.
    Not the use of the concentrate tray per se.... however possibly a PA that runs a bit higher than others, and the rods began after extra long "power-on" time perhaps got hot.
    Just a guess...
    .. that is if you vape at the hottest levels... and have long sessions.

MileHighLife and KidFated. like this.
  21. KidFated.

Its making a dead face.. RIP box..

22. KVVS

KVVS Member

This box hits harder then i expected i am really happy with my purchase.
    It came with the glyphs which seem to work good, also got accepted too the club a few hours after applying.

Now i want the Orbiter to go with it, hoping for a EU retailer soon.

OF, Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  23. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

I'm not sure why but I laughed pretty hard at this..

I haven't even taken a flight yet....

meek420 likes this.
  24. pjwalm

pjwalm Well-Known Member

I saw something similar on the sub-reddit. That guy hypothesized it was honey-oil seeping through the wood.
    On a side note, i wish they would make the orbiter with a piece of burl!

meek420 and OF like this.
  25. KidFated.

Can't wait to try out tha box/orbiter with a PA!!!! Finally stopped putting it off..

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors