• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anomaly

Erh, excuse me. Can I ask how y'all are managing the following problem enough to be cooing here so blissfully ... STATIC. I am the owner and operator of a Walnut Launch Box, and everytime I go to use it I remember why I put it away. STATIC. The plastic lid is made of a plastic that hasn't been in some way treated to prevent STATIC electricity from charging the substance so it pops up and clings to the lid, away from the hot bed. Shake it to mix? Another volley of yerba volanta up to the light, away from the heat. Ayyyy! Take mercy y'all, don't make me read 925 pages of tips and tricks, someone please tel me, what d'ya do?

I get this all the time, a lot of it has to do with where you live I think (humidity, etc). After 2 or 3 hits, the static is mostly gone. The problem is always the first hit of a pre-packed trench, that has then been upended due to travel. It's always the small particulate that sticks to the plastic, sometimes covering almost the entirety of the visible surface. Shaking and settling help, but there will always be little bits still stuck. Once a majority of the moisture is gone, I find that a vigorous shake whose motion forces the plant matter against the window cures this issue (for me).

My main problem is losing plant matter out the back of the unit, either from vigorous shaking or blowback after using a water device.

Anomaly,
Reactions: OF

meek420

Walking the earth
If herb gets stuck to the top I like to slide the lid open and close it real quick like, it usually knocks the green off.

Try putting your finger on the opening to the air way your herb is getting into and drawing hard so as to suck it back in.

Hope this helps

fernand

Thanks, @0F that's the ticket. In my case this was a real nuisance. More of the botanikstoffe was lifted and splayed against the porthole than in the trench. I live in the SF Bay area, and on the hillsides we get huge variations in humidity over any 24 hour period. I also think they must do something normally to prevent this headache, most people aren't bothered, and on my unit they didn't. I was looking for an antistatic something and the dryer sheets do the trick. Good enough. Thanks!

OF

Isn't there moisture in vapor ?
Which should relieve the static problem , after the 1st hit . idk

A couple of thoughts, moisture and static aren't mutually exclusive.....lightning comes to mind as a somewhat showy example?

Secondly, while condensation happens on my lids early on it all turns to water vapor at working temperatures and conditions. The bud is quite dry before serious vapor happens I think.

My main problem is losing plant matter out the back of the unit, either from vigorous shaking or blowback after using a water device.

While I've never had 'blowback problems' from WTs many of us have great success with partially blocking the entrance of the vent slot to the bowl area (it's deeper and wider on some units than others). I use a little wedge shaped piece of tape. Air still gets around the end and over the now more narrow gap between the top of the tape and the cover.

Shallow (and narrow since it's round bottomed) slots don't seem to have a problem here.

Thanks, @0F that's the ticket. I was looking for an antistatic something and the dryer sheets do the trick. Good enough. Thanks!

You're very welcome. I'm glad it helped you. IMO a pretty neat trick, I've used it many times since it was first suggested to me.

OF

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
So magic flight got back to me and said I need to upload a photo to show the issues. So I did one better and I have a version of each power adapter.

Gkuy2HK.jpg

The 2.0 adapter suffers from having an inadequate strength wire to feed into the battery shape.

The 2.0 is lighter and doesn't fall out of the box because of its increased girth.

They both seems to provide similar amount of power.

Warranty time!

meek420

Walking the earth
What is the average lifespan of the PA? Is there anyone that hasn't had to use their warranty for the PA? I'm almost ready to commit to the PA, I'm just concerned about the potential inconvenience of needing to use the warranty, which it seems like a lot of people with the PA have had to. So, what is the average approx. lifespan for the PA assuming multiple uses per day?

meek420,

Joshh1

Stickyy icky
I've had mine since the beginning of January and it's still running strong. I'm still saying it's the best accessory that I've bought for my mflb.

I purchased a cherry stem for my cherry box. Now just want a cherry Finishing grinder, I'm hoping they come back to mass drop soon.

Joshh1

Stickyy icky
You guys remember me mentioning I lost my orginal Maple box about a month ago?

Was just walking outside and there it is. Sitting on top of a snow bank that's melted down, all majestic and shit. Still loaded with the keif I put in it!

It's pretty swollen, it's really hard to move the lid around. But still works like a charm.

Here's a pic or two,
image.jpg

See how the lid barely covers the trench now?

image.jpg

axakal

amazing story. i'd still be catious to use it. it could have aquired some nasty mold during its winter sleep. :)

You guys remember me mentioning I lost my orginal Maple box about a month ago?

Was just walking outside and there it is. Sitting on top of a snow bank that's melted down, all majestic and shit. Still loaded with the keif I put in it!

It's pretty swollen, it's really hard to move the lid around. But still works like a charm.

Here's a pic or two,
image.jpg

See how the lid barely covers the trench now?

image.jpg

Joshh1

Stickyy icky
@stickstones you know man, I never have luck like this and it has made my day :D

@axakal yeah I'm not sure if I'm going to use it! Lol. I took a quick hit from it just to see if it would work, and the taste was.....yuck! Lol. I emailed Magic Flight to see if I would qualify for some form of warranty.

axakal

i had a totally different scenario with a similar outcome. meaning, the box got wet and covered with mold after i didn't use it for a week or so. it was a really unpleasant sight. :) magic flight took care of it.

@stickstones you know man, I never have luck like this and it has made my day :D

@axakal yeah I'm not sure if I'm going to use it! Lol. I took a quick hit from it just to see if it would work, and the taste was.....yuck! Lol. I emailed Magic Flight to see if I would qualify for some form of warranty.

Nok21

Guys, last Wednesday something terrible happened: I had to email magic flight for a replacement box. It has been almost one week, and no reply at all from Magic-Flight and im starting to get both worried and irritated. Last week I noticed two burnt marks above my Draw Hole- Like it was burning from the inside out. IMMEDIATELY after i sent them an email and tried to use my box again, my hit tasted HARSH and like burning wood- so i have deemed that the box is unusable and picked up a vapor genie in the mean time. It works great, btw- Ill make a thread later to compare them.

Im worried because i have never heard of a problem like this with the box, and also that i have not heard from magic flight yet. Im slightly irritated because I dropped the extra money on a power adapter, a pair of concentrate trays, and extra batteries..

Now, I dont want to come across as some prick ranting and raving about his broken vaporizer, so ill end this post with two questions:

1. How long does it take for magic-flight to reply to a warranty email? on 3/12/14 (Tomorrow) it will have been one week since i emailed them a short email and my pictures. All i have received is the automated "We got your email" message.

2. Anyone else ever heard of this issue? (Not the no replying, but the box burning from the inside out)

I appreciate any and all advice, folks! Once this is all over I'll for sure write a review of the magic flight launch box, but like I've felt from the beginning- I need to have gone through the warranty process to do that. If it is requested, i will gladly post pictures of the burn marks above my draw holes.

Nok21,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@Nok21 Pictures would help. I can't even see a way a launch box could burn like I picture your talking about in your post. My boxes never get warm anywhere but the trench screen even with the PA on high.

RUDE BOY,

Nok21

@Nok21 Pictures would help. I can't even see a way a launch box could burn like I picture your talking about in your post. My boxes never get warm anywhere but the trench screen even with the PA on high.

You must forgive my technical ignorance here, but im having trouble finding how i would upload the picture from my laptop- do i have to upload the image to a website in order to post it on here? If so, anyone want to recommend a site to do so with?

EDIT: I will totally get pics on here today once i figure out what i have to do. And i finally got a reply, let me sort this out first and ill get back to everyone!

Top Bottom