1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Ha! Caught another one! Someone show him the secret hand sign, someone else rebait the trap......

Welcome to the forum and all the fun. For what sounds like a first vape by (?), you sure hit it on the head. You don't see many used ones for sale, and you do see lots and lots of folks who cling to theirs long after 'moving on' to bigger and more powerful models. It's a very intimate, personal thing with many I think. I know I'm that way (at least sometimes).......as I think it should be, really.

For such a simple looking gadget, it's a real charmer isn't it? I really enjoy the fine details of the design and the 'feel' of the maker comes through loud and clear. I'm confident 'he' loves the product as well, this is not simply a program to make money.

Please enjoy it, that's what it's for.......

Thanks for the post, it's a fairly common story, but one I don't tire of hearing.

OF

axakal, meek420, KVVS and 3 others like this.
  2. KVVS

KVVS Member

Yup it's my first vape, really needed to ditch the smoking for my fitness/health reasons and this will make it a whole lot easier.

Walnut simply looks great, the finish is sick on this little device, every corner is finished/sanded and the lid fits perfect on it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yes, agreed, full points for materials and workmanship.

I also wax my boxes (a couple solid coats of hard furniture/floor wax. Not only does it add protection but it makes the wood easier to keep clean. Just the ticket for us "native hitters" (without the stem).

You might want to consider it as you enjoy your MFLB.

Regards,

OF

4. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

What wax do you use? I have some really nice Ren Wax, but thats best left to make firearms look good rather than something like the MFLB.

OF and KidFated. like this.
  5. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Butchers block works well.

I use Burt's bees as well.

meek420 and Lokbok like this.
  6. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Solid choices.. dunno why I let both slip my mind. Just put in an order of good old reliable Howard's butcher block conditioner.

7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Johnson's Paste wax, like on the kitchen floor. Any high Carnauba wax content wax should work fine. Carnauba is appealing because it's not only rock hard (lasts longer between applications than softer waxes and oils) but it's also a food product (found in lots of stuff we eat) so I don't worry about sticking my mouth on it. Don't eat your MFLB of course, Maple is not a food product. Except on pan cakes, of course.

OF

8. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

I went with Howard's conditioner because I remember I've had good results with it on the wooden handles of my butcher knives. It's got mineral oil which penetrates and seals the wood and then also contains a combination of bee and carnauba wax for exactly the reason OF described.

OF likes this.
  9. KidFated.

I had to ask when i got a box too. I also use Underbutter

OF and Lokbok like this.
  10. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

I remember seeing Underbutter when buying my log vape. It sounds like its very similar to Howard's conditioner. Essentially combination of wax and oil.

OF likes this.
  11. Nok21

Nok21 New Member

I have been given the green-light to dismantle my box. I will send them the pics right after this post and be on my way to a new box. However, it does not appear that they fully understand the issue i am having with my box- they are making a "one-time" exception under the condition that I promise to use dryer herbs in my box, which is interesting because my herbs are normally always pretty dry. I'll try to explain the issue in more detail to them in my final email with the pictures & ill be sure to keep you guys in the loop.

Hopefully this is a one in a million issue, because i have never heard of anything like it.

12. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Yea.. really odd. I've owned 2 MFLB and neither of em had anything like that. Admittedly I don't even use the driest herbs all the time.

meek420 likes this.
  13. MindFork

MindFork Part-Time Toker

I picked up an MFLB off ebay for a good price and it came last week. It is a nice unit, and a good compliment to my firewood 2.0. Conduction vaping is very different from convection, but once I got used to it, I like the little LB.

A couple times I put the "mostly done" herb from my FW into the LB and took it to a very dark brown/black to get all of the herbal goodness out. I like the "instant" heating in the LB, and it will definitely have a permanent place in my herbal tool-box. :)

Quetzalcoatl and Lokbok like this.
  14. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Yea, since the LB was my first vape.. that instant heating definitely spoiled me. Whenever I go out and use something like the Pax outside before heading in somewhere.. it seems like an eternity for the unit to heat up.

15. overvaped

overvaped Vapor evangelist

Hi friends,
    I have received my walnut MFLB (massdrop) today. Really cute little thing:mflb:. I have just used it once and combusted like a truck engine...I must confess I liked it a bit :brow:

However, my reason for posting is this:
    I have noticed that batteries get REALLY hot while charging.
    I mean I couldn't hold my finger against them for two seconds without harm.
    Is this normal?

TIA!!

meek420 likes this.
  16. mudshark

mudshark Vaporist

Check out this recent post and the answers that follow….
    Magic-Flight Batteries Getting Hot Post

overvaped likes this.
  17. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

I love my LB so much I'm considering adding a 2nd to spread the abuse across two devices and so I'm not with out in case anything happens to one of them.

How many people have a 2nd LB?

Meghan, Anomaly, MileHighLife and 3 others like this.
  18. KidFated.

Im currently rocking a laser etch lid maple with maple stem, and walnut with walnut stem.

meek420 likes this.
  19. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Haha.... I had 4!
    Now I have become more conservative, and I keep just 2.
    I have one in the hallway packed and always ready to stick on my belt as I leave the house...
    and one sits next to computer.
    The two that I passed on to others were in car, and in Shaving Kit.
    I no longer travel, so the car and shaving kit ones were expendable.
    2 is just right for me.

axakal, meek420, Joshh1 and 5 others like this.
  20. Ano

Ano FC Lover

I also have two.

For my own personal use I have a walnut LB that I take care of, keeping it combustion-free and cleaning it regularly.

I also still have the first maple LB I bought that has been in use for about a year and a half. I mainly bring this one to parties/festivals where there is a higher risk of combustion/probable damage, or lend it to friends who are interested in the vaporizer world but who don't wanna buy something without being fully convinced first.
    And when I don't lend it, I always appreciate having one LB filled with an Indica strain and the other one with a Sativa, allowing me to take what I want from each strain while keeping their flavors distinct.

Vitolo, Joshh1 and meek420 like this.
  21. meek420

Oh goody I thought I was being excessive in wanting a 2nd, guess this isn't the case. Club box prices are certainly tempting and Walnut looks super classy but the cherry is starting to catch my eye. Decisions! Any different flavor noticed between the wood types? I mean I don't think I should settle on a 2nd maple...

Cherry vs Walnut

MileHighLife and KidFated. like this.
  22. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Just got my second today! Now I've got a maple with zebrawood stem and a walnut with bocote stem ... maple pa 2.0 and redwood finishing grinder. I needs me an orbiter

Joshh1, meek420 and KidFated. like this.
  23. KidFated.

I prefer my vapor brothers bub over my orbiter but im glad i have it! I wish i had a redwood finishing grinder :/ mines walnut

MileHighLife likes this.
  24. meek420

Yeah but does your vapor brothers bub have a lifetime warranty? :)

MileHighLife likes this.
  25. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

I have been considering the flight box for a while now, and have a curious question for you heavy users.
    How many batteries do you put in your pocket to get through a day without recharging?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors