1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Bringing my box to a NHL game saturday and a miley cyrus concert tha next day. Girlfriend bought all tha tickets so im forced into tha second one. I wonder if she (miley) will OD?

poonman, Quetzalcoatl and KVVS like this.
  2. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

sweet deal, no further questions. :) magic were very kind to put an euro plug adapter to my pa. so maybe you're lucky, too. otherwise they cost around 2euros in electric shops.

3. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

No. His method and a whip extension was what made the light bulb go off for me, but since then I have adapted a "sipping hot coffee" method which I find works much better. Especially since I always go native.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  4. b0

b0 Vapor powered

I was talking about the MFLB. I bought the step down in my city, one like this:

[​IMG]

KVVS likes this.
  5. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

If you are talking about the charger and not the PA then almost any NiMH charger will work, so buying one made for the standard electrical supply where you are will be just fine.

6. KVVS

KVVS Member

Yeah figured that too, would be nice to be able too use the original charger tho, but it seems that's not gonna be a problem since i have one of those plugs mentioned earlier , was worried i was gonna need a step down converter.

7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yes, you're fine. "Universal power input" (good from Japan to the EU......). Just fix the plug part.

Enjoy your LB, it's a great little unit. Deceptively simple.

OF

KVVS likes this.
  8. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

Those new stem do are cool, but I prefer a normal one.

9. KidFated.

Ive cut all wooden stems into shorties. Dart stems are cool though.

10. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

What do you use to cut it? I just ordered a cherry stem.

11. KidFated.

Just a pocket knife saw worked. Filed smooth.

I prefer my cherry stem over my maple. Ill rock walnut starting tomorrow when my new box comes

Joshh1 and RUDE BOY like this.
  12. Ratm22

Ratm22 Professional Vaporist

I recently completed my MFLB collection with the whip, the grinder and the power adapter.

My power adapter connection that goes into the battery shape, where you click the button, is slowly becoming disconnected. I have to hold the cord in a specific angle to get the power through. I contacted magic flight through their warranty page, but no one has got back to me yet. Not worried, I know they will help if I can get a hold of them.

The grinder is cool because it locks into the MFLB.

[​IMG]

It works well at getting a find grind, but the exit port for the herb is tapered inward. Casing the fine grind coat the bottom of the grinder. Not sure how to go about getting every little bit out without blowing it everywhere.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    axakal, poonman, nopartofme and 2 others like this.
  13. KidFated.

Thanks for hurting my wallet even more.. My walnut box will be here today, Fin Grinder tomorrow, and im still procrastinating my PA.

Maybe using your brush to clear that from your grinder?

nopartofme likes this.
  14. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

I've been using a pill bottle and I'm so ready for a finishing grinder instead. Just waiting for that great deal.

I did notice some of my batteries aren't working as well (running as hot) as the others.

I'm almost a month into Mflb ownership and it is now my primary tool.

I've acquired an orbiter and mauddib, and still want a power adapter and nicer grinders.

What would you get next? The finishing grinder or power adapter. (I'm drooling over a wood stem too)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    KidFated., Quetzalcoatl and Vitolo like this.
  15. KidFated.

Get tha PA. Pill bottle trick works great especially ifyou freeze it shortly

Quetzalcoatl and meek420 like this.
  16. caves

caves Living the vape life

Would anybody like me to upload some quick vids of me hitting my Orbiter? I'm still working on my technique, but I think I was getting some pretty good hits with it!

17. 1_gr8_underdog

1_gr8_underdog Trapped in the Astral Planes

^^yes please. :tup:

caves, meek420 and RUDE BOY like this.
  18. caves

This first one is just a straight milk, nothing fancy. The second is the beginning of my experimenting with pulling out the top whip and clearing the Orbiter mid-hit. It seems to work pretty well, I'm getting plenty of volume, and the pull is super easy and smooth, too! It's also nice to just be able to sit it down on a table, the floor, or your lap (heck, I've run it inside a jacket pocket) and only have to worry about pushing in your battery.

And apparently it just got released to the rest of the world! Same price, $79, and a lifetime warranty to boot! If you buy it in 2014, the glass has a lifetime warranty as well.

axakal, TanukiCoast, CHIDOY and 7 others like this.
  19. Pre Stoned

Pre Stoned Comfortably Numb

Agh. I want an Orbiter so bad.
    I'd use it with my Aromazap/MFLB/Grasshopper(soon).
    Too bad I already have an Ehle 100 mL...

Quetzalcoatl and caves like this.
  20. caves

Do itttttt :D
    I also plan on using my Grasshopper with this when it's here! It'd be so perfect, just sit down the orbiter and stick it in the top, then kick back and pull on the whip whenever you feel like.

linux3214 likes this.
  21. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

I have three water tubes and a "Venturi effect" j-hook... never a bad idea to keep some spare glass around :tup:

Pre Stoned and RUDE BOY like this.
  22. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

Lifetime warranty on glass…… Say what?!?

axakal likes this.
  23. Pre Stoned

Pre Stoned Comfortably Numb

Haha you guys!! Making it even harder not to buy...
    I want the shower head so bad...
    Vaporizer accessory acquisition disorder....I may have to. Especially since I got a scholarship and save some good money. Wooh!

I guess it will compliment the Ehle since the Ehle has a ice pinch. This will be my rockin' mini shower head bubbler.

24. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

I've not read about this anywhere...

KidFated. likes this.
  25. fernand

fernand Well-Known Member

Erh, excuse me. Can I ask how y'all are managing the following problem enough to be cooing here so blissfully ... STATIC. I am the owner and operator of a Walnut Launch Box, and everytime I go to use it I remember why I put it away. STATIC. The plastic lid is made of a plastic that hasn't been in some way treated to prevent STATIC electricity from charging the substance so it pops up and clings to the lid, away from the hot bed. Shake it to mix? Another volley of yerba volanta up to the light, away from the heat. Ayyyy! Take mercy y'all, don't make me read 925 pages of tips and tricks, someone please tel me, what d'ya do?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors