1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

I like how you have your orbiter set up with the UD wpa glass mp. I want one for use with the UD ss tip wpa I made ... think it'll be perfect size.

RUDE BOY, KidFated. and meek420 like this.
  2. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

I usually do 3-5 sessions per battery. I like to do 2-3 sessions each time I take flight (varies with amount in trench and strain).

Some days I go through a few batteries, but that's because I'm home and prefer the batteries fresh off the charger.

MileHighLife likes this.
  3. nealcassidy

nealcassidy Well-Known Member

I have three of them. I like to hand one out a week at a time as a loaner to friends who haven't tried the LB.
    Most of the time they order their own.

I use my walnut LB as my daily unit. And have an older birch one (from before the top lock was introduced) as a backup.

Have a PA but don't use it much - prefer the portability of the glyph batteries, and I don't need clouds from my LB.

Eagerly awaiting my Orbiter!!

Yes! This is a great reason to have two, with different strains in each. I try to keep a sativa in my walnut LB and indica in my old maple (or birch? ) LB.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    vapirtoo and meek420 like this.
  4. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

Another dual LB owner here! Got the 2nd to use while I was going through the warranty process on my original box. Turns out I didn't really need to, was only out my unit for 3 days instead of the few weeks I'd imagined. Still, happy to have the backup/clean box for emergencies. I'm debating getting another (and trading one of my current maple's), really want a Cherry box to go along with my Cherry stem and Cherry Finishing Grinder.

meek420 likes this.
  5. pjwalm

pjwalm Well-Known Member

Which one do you have? Is it the Mini Hydrator? I've admired it for a while. Considering selling some stuff and picking one up, but it would need an adapter for the Lotus. :/

6. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Yes i have the mini original, picked it up from tha classifieds here and couldn't be happier. Pairs to a Mflb great.

meek420 likes this.
  7. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I would generally take short trips with 2 batteries...
    4 batteries for things that would last all day until dinner.
    I have taken 6 batteries with me, but have never been gone from home long enough to use more than 4.

axakal, ataxian, Quetzalcoatl and 2 others like this.
  8. KidFated.

I have only used all four that i take once, i used 3 and a buddy had to borrow one. and i couldve pushed each of them further.. I have a surplus of batts..

Quetzalcoatl, meek420 and Vitolo like this.
  9. Silver0066

Silver0066 New Member

I also am irritated with Magic Flight. I have sent them two emails, one over three weeks ago and one 2 weeks ago. All I get back is the automated "we got your email message". I gave up on these people and purchased a Firefly. It is a much better vape and superior service and support.

10. KidFated.

For you. Glad you like your firefly.:peace:

11. meek420

I'm in the process of my first warranty claim with magic flight and it seems like the email dialogue comes through in 24-48 hours between messages.

Maybe this orbiter release has them busy as bees, or maybe they've received a large flux in claims.

So far the communication is satisfactory and it seems like they'll be taking care of me. Initially, I was thinking it would go as fast as placing an order. After reading their well thought responses it became obvious sending a replacement is a very small part of the warranty process, they're trying to solve and circumvent current and future issues while also replacing your gear.

My expectations for fast have since dwindled, yet my expectations on how thoroughly and seriously they're addressing my problem have been exceeded.

Don't fret, things happen with email, and in life, have faith they'll take care of you, even if it takes a while... (remember to check your junk or spam box)

Some of the claims may be requiring more research on their side for things they might not be used to.

When it comes time to warranty a product from any company you might want them taking time to research and fix issues before quickly sending out a replacement, speedy replacements may be subject to the initial warranty issue without a company taking time to understand or even replicate the problem.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Lokbok and KidFated. like this.
  12. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Things could move faster... but they have taken into consideration, that this would raise the bar too much.
    If things then ever got slowed down for whatever reason, customers would scream.... because the precedent had been set for fast or immediate service (this has happened in the past.)
    Over a year ago, Magic Flight policies for warranty changed to level things out ..
    avoiding having to explain when things were extra busy...
    and also avoiding the rush to "instantly gratify" customers.
    They have built a series of steps that accompany warranty claim.
    This makes all cases equal priority.
    Modern day Business graduates refer to this practice as "managing customer expectations"

axakal, Lokbok, Quetzalcoatl and 4 others like this.
  13. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

The part I underlined is your opinion only, and flies in the face of countless posts in this thread praising Magic-Flight's customer service and support. The FireFly has only just been released, but the MFLB has been around for about 5 years and is generally considered the best-selling vapourizer of all. The number of customers Magic-Flight has to support easily exceeds FireFly by several orders of magnitude, yet the ratio of good experiences to bad in this thread is enormous. Even most of the bad experiences were turned into good ones eventually.

You gave up too soon, your loss.

14. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Thought I'd just share the results of my MFLB after applying a coat of Howard Butcher Block Conditioner. Not the best pic, but I put my cherry stem next to my maple box as a comparison. As you can see, after the application, they look almost the same. This pic doesn't do it justice, my box looks completely new now (not counting the dirty trench).
    [​IMG]

15. linux3214

linux3214 Active Member

So about the Orbiter bubbler, will the 2014 buyers be covered for accidental damage to the glass? Just want to be clear about what the warranty means in the case of "covered glass".

Edit: Anyone wish it had been a bit bigger? 4.25 by 2.5 inches doesn't quite seem as impressive as a full sized stationary filtration setup.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  16. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

Not sure about the specifics of the warranty.

As far as size, I like the little guy! It matches the LB themes: small, simple, and sturdy. IMO, larger glass is a more personal thing ... can be a journey, almost. Better to find one's own preference.

17. KidFated.

I like its size. Its more of a pass-through filter than it is a milking piece like a tube or beaker. Great piece for tha boat this summer.

axakal, meek420 and RUDE BOY like this.
  18. ataxian

ataxian California

Boat all ready for spring!

KidFated. likes this.
  19. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

Magic flight / hobbit got back to me about my launch box popsicle. It took 3 days :tup:

I had to dismantle my box and send back pictures. Now I'm awaiting a reply.

meek420 and KidFated. like this.
  20. linux3214

linux3214 Active Member

I agree, proportionally it is very well defined and alongside the mlfb it would be really neat, but the size is a bit small when say pairing with an Arizer Solo and even a Pax. Wish there were generic alternatives of the same design.

21. KidFated.

Mflb is capable of milking bigger pieces though for sure. Its just that this bubbler is small enough that its just pass through

ataxian likes this.
  22. meek420

I'm impressed with the Orbiter and think they actually nailed it on the size.

The WPW alone is $30 and the orbiter comes with 2 x WPW.

It's really $79 - $30 - $30 = $19 for the glass and base (and don't forget the lifetime warranty).

I like to use a little less water and am surprisingly able to get the vapor dense enough to not be able to see through it (without combustion) before I clear the bubble.

Buildozer, b0, nopartofme and 5 others like this.
  23. linux3214

linux3214 Active Member

It's a bummer that glass doesn't come with a return period. Hopefully the price can come down maybe with massdrop or classifieds so it wouldn't be such an uncertain investment for a poor college student.

24. KidFated.

We have a cheap bubbler thread also. Good info in there.

My box just survived my buddy's huge dog. Lucky he's a good dog.

bleak, Buildozer, Joshh1 and 3 others like this.
  25. linux3214

linux3214 Active Member

Read and researched the last 50 pages of the bubbler thread. I'm thinking maybe an ashcatcher and mouthpiece/hose attachment would probably be the closest to the Orbiter but nowhere near as stylish. Anyone know if they will be selling it in head shops or other retailers?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors