Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

jambandphan03

in flavor country
very nice skins deadcoffee and cow-a-bunga! :tup: Excellent wrap job. I kind of did mine sloppy. Just wanted to see if I even liked it. I might re-do it better once this one starts to peel or show dings in the vinyl. I just wanted to ask about the knob turning and not engaging the "click" to turn it on. I have found if I move the knob slow it will click, but it's easy to turn it and not get a click too, then I have to re-align it and try again.
It really isn't a huge problem, I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong, or if there was a fix I could try. The zip tie is holding a lot of tension on the knob. Thanks Kush, for looking after this.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am so jealous with all those nice skins. I know the black one is carbon fiber 3m or whatever it is called but what are the other ones in case I want to try?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Wow I know how you feel dreamer I am also feeling a little left out of the fun. Need to get some carbon fibre wrap or something.

I'd just like to reiterate this so that Inhalater see's it the next time they are on:

Hey I have a question for you Inhalater

The battery inside of the unit is a 18650 lithium ion cell. Usually when I examine a Li-Ion cell I can tell whether it has a protection circuit integrated or if it is an unprotected cell. However I can't really tell what exactly the cell is in this one. If we were to replace the battery do we need to worry about using a Li-Ion cell with a protection circuit or is there one built into the device?

Thanks!

CentiZen,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
I am so jealous with all those nice skins. I know the black one is carbon fiber 3m or whatever it is called but what are the other ones in case I want to try?

I think we all used 3M di-noc. I used white/silver carbon fiber. Gunmetal (which I picked earlier because its item number is 420) doesn't look as good.

deadc0ffee,
very nice skins deadcoffee and cow-a-bunga! :tup: Excellent wrap job. I kind of did mine sloppy. Just wanted to see if I even liked it. I might re-do it better once this one starts to peel or show dings in the vinyl. I just wanted to ask about the knob turning and not engaging the "click" to turn it on. I have found if I move the knob slow it will click, but it's easy to turn it and not get a click too, then I have to re-align it and try again.
It really isn't a huge problem, I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong, or if there was a fix I could try. The zip tie is holding a lot of tension on the knob. Thanks Kush, for looking after this.
look back a few pages and check my video. Mine was doing this as well and I found it to just be a loose knob issue. Mine finally fell off and I re-super glued it and its now fine again.

Adobewan

Love that black carbon-fiber Cow-a-bunga.
Nice color shift on your avatar Jam, Night-time Jam!
@Inhalater With some of the more respected FC Jedi behind this, I'm ready to drop the hammer, but I'm on the fence due to the issue with the switch being discussed here. Please share your plan to address this.

Vitolo

Vaporist
My Inhalater capsules now get the benefit of this accessory to the "cleaning straw" supplied with your inhalator. They are a flexible soft plastic, and it fits right inside the white straw cleaning tool, when traveling.. that combined with a final suck on that straw while in the capsule keeps my capsule pretty tidy!

Photoon2012-09-23at13212_zpsb6a470c1.jpg

An Inhalater's new best friend

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have to say I really like this INH. It really does a great job extracting.

**Nice find Vitolo! I have been using dry q tips while everything is still warm, so far no build up at all, but it has been less than 24 hours of use. I imagine that will loosen up pretty soon.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have not used the HA yet, so I have no point of ref. What came to my mind was if Solo and Thermovape had a kid... sort of analogy.

jambandphan03,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I just sold my HerbalAire to a new vaporist but I have to say I don't think that solid nuggets would be ideal in this vape because of the small diameter of the heating tube. It may very well work with smaller nuggets but in my opinion you need ground herb to get the best performance out of this vape

CentiZen,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, my end cap/switch is loose, comes completely off. I don't have anything on hand to bond it back on there with at the moment, besides wood glue, and I don't think that's what I want to use.

jambandphan03,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
yeah, my end cap/switch is loose, comes completely off. I don't have anything on hand to bond it back on there with at the moment, besides wood glue, and I don't think that's what I want to use.

:doh: eek this is no good. When I put on the ziptie I used epoxy dual gel from home depot, because the original glue made it seem loose, poped it off with ease and dabed it with the epoxy. Seemed to hold well for a few weeks until I sent it along, maybe the tension of the tie is causing too much friction? :shrug: Wood glue would just make a mess. JB weld is also a very strong bonding agent. I wish the nut the cap sat on was a star or square slot, would be impossible to move the switch without the knob then.

kushcabbage,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
We may have JB weld, I'll go look. It's no biggie,looks like an easy fix. I took the zip tie off, and the switch is on there for now. I don't have plans to go anywhere for a few days, so I am sure I will get it secured on there soon.

I'd just like to reiterate this so that Inhalater see's it the next time they are on:

Hey I have a question for you Inhalater

The battery inside of the unit is a 18650 lithium ion cell. Usually when I examine a Li-Ion cell I can tell whether it has a protection circuit integrated or if it is an unprotected cell. However I can't really tell what exactly the cell is in this one. If we were to replace the battery do we need to worry about using a Li-Ion cell with a protection circuit or is there one built into the device?

Thanks!

I also would like to know this info. Do they have to be a specific mah? I have some Orbtronic rechargeable Li-on 3100mah protected 18650's here, would those work as a replacement, or do I need another type of battery?

mod note: Please avoid making back to back posts, use the Edit button instead. Posts merged.

jambandphan03,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Those are fine batteries to use as replacement cells; if I'm not much mistaken the orbtronic 3100's are rebranded Panasonic NCR18650A's which are very well known for being great batteries.

The only question is whether the current battery is protected or not. I actually don't think it is now that I have some protected cells to compare it to. However I would still like to get an official answer before trying anything

CentiZen,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I agree, and don't intend to mess with the battery until I start to notice a drain, but it's good to know in case I find I need to swap it for some reason.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
So I like all the links for the vinyl but I have two questions. Is it ok with the heat at the top of the INH? I know it isn't that hot but I would imagine the glue won't hold after a small amount of time especially since I live in a hot area. Glue is just not a good think here. The other question is the same as the original, don't local stores sell that kind of stuff and if so what kind of store?

I was just looking at the ebay store for the link and it just looks like electrical tape. Is that the feel of it?

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The holographic vinyl is a clear plastic with a foil coating under it, and then very sticky glue. I can't say how it will hold up in hot climates. We used to use it to wrap our hoola hoops when I lived in Houston, and it would take quite a bit of abuse. I couldn't say where to find it local. Not at all like electrical tape. It's made for using as outdoor signs. I got the 8x11 sheets not the tape

jambandphan03,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
So I like all the links for the vinyl but I have two questions. Is it ok with the heat at the top of the INH? I know it isn't that hot but I would imagine the glue won't hold after a small amount of time especially since I live in a hot area. Glue is just not a good think here. The other question is the same as the original, don't local stores sell that kind of stuff and if so what kind of store?

I was just looking at the ebay store for the link and it just looks like electrical tape. Is that the feel of it?

Home Depot sells it here.
The stuff I have is used on the outside of cars, so I think it's pretty durable (and it has a nice texture).

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I sometimes wrap my stickers with quality clear packaging tape to prolong the life of the sticker, and keep the finish looking good. Takes a lot longer to look skuffed up. Just have to get the clear tape on even and with out air bubbles if possible. I like that carbon textured sticker material. It looks really nice, does it improve the grip a bit?

jambandphan03,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
I sometimes wrap my stickers with quality clear packaging tape to prolong the life of the sticker, and keep the finish looking good. Takes a lot longer to look skuffed up. Just have to get the clear tape on even and with out air bubbles if possible. I like that carbon textured sticker material. It looks really nice, does it improve the grip a bit?
Not very noticeably, the texture just feels nicer in your hand.

Top Bottom