Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

Vapor Junkie

No. I absolutely did not mean a rattle.

This is a crackling sound like wood in a fireplace. This is with the device turned on, and standing upright on my desk, motionless. It has only happened twice now. The first time was very noticeable.

Nothing has accidentally gotten into the device. I will try to remove the screen and see what I can find.

Vapor Junkie,

cow-a-bunga

I will check mine for off gassing, Vapor Junkie. Just need to find a flash light.
edit: I can not see any off gassing

Thanks for the carbon fiber di noc idea, kushcabbage. Looks nice:
259y0r4.jpg

I wish I did a better job around the heating lamp and the lowest ring, but it turned out OK. I placed a racing sticker on the cap for added stealth, but I think I'll copy VapeNStones black cap for that all black look.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

This is a crackling sound like wood in a fireplace. This is with the device turned on, and standing upright on my desk, motionless. It has only happened twice now. The first time was very noticeable.

Well, that changes things a bit then.

Any chance you could make a recording? How often does the sound happen when it does it?

CentiZen,

Kaptan

Nothing has accidentally gotten into the device. I will try to remove the screen and see what I can find.
I've heard the crackling sound in mine as well, but I had just finished cleaning my capsule about an hour earlier. There must have been residual moisture in the capsule mouthpiece causing the crackling noise.

Kaptan,

Vapor Junkie

I should have noted that I had no capsule in the device either time that I heard the crackling.

I just fired it up from cold again and held it next to my ear and there is no more crackling. It's still off-gassing like crazy and the smell is pretty bad when I take a direct inhale of the off-gassing, but I can't really tell if it's an ABV smell or not. I don't know what to think at this point.

I don't have any tools that will work for getting the screen out of it so that will have to wait until another time.

Vapor Junkie,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
cow-a-bunga: looks legit, love the carbon!

vapor Junkie: this is sad news indeed if it is so. Let's hope it's just abv oil. off gassing is a dreadful thing especially for our hard earned vapes. I'm especially hoping that there is something we are overlooking, or at worst rate, a bad egg which can be replaced if ever you'd so be inclined from your retailer. But honestly sounds like an experience I wouldn't want to have, I' sure we can all relate to that. The crackle you are hearing sounds like a problem with the nickel wire heating element. I'm wondering if the wire over heated past the on board sensor will allow and caused damaging corrosion or started to take the polymide with it. My first thoughts was like Kaptan said moisture being whisked away through conduction. But the crackle and non disappearing vapor certain could constitute a device failure. There only are a thousand if that units out there being used, I'm sure the manufactures would like to hear about your problem and help you out to see if it was a defect. How long have you had the device? Still under warranty i'm sure? Hope this gets sorted out and you get back to vaping soon!

kushcabbage,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
SliMed said:
I am not as concerned about the polyamide. After reading the material safety sheet on polyamide I feel like it is not being used in a dangerous way.

just a note of clarification: polyamide is different from polyimide, which is what this vape uses.

Hippie Dickie,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Thanks for the carbon fiber di noc idea, kushcabbage. Looks nice:
259y0r4.jpg

I wish I did a better job around the heating lamp and the lowest ring, but it turned out OK. I placed a racing sticker on the cap for added stealth, but I think I'll copy VapeNStones black cap for that all black look.

how did you get the led holes so perfect? hole punch? I also bet could be wrong but.. If you wrap the top cap, even if it's at a curve hit a lighter really quickly around the edge and it might form and melt the carbon fiber around the entire curvature of cap. Or it might just sizzle and crack the carbon filaments, but that resin top coat should melt.. Do at your own risk kind of thing? Hopefully in the future the website gets updates, and accessories come out, and replacement caps because the new ones are flat.

kushcabbage,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That thing looks so awesome and such a neat job. I couldn't do that with six hands :lol:

Dreamerr,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
do the black rings come off??? how do you remove/place a sticker under them??? just curious

mmenzie,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
do the black rings come off??? how do you remove/place a sticker under them??? just curious
they are raised up slits and there is a small gap between each one. They do not come off, but I bet a table grinder could change that.

kushcabbage,

Vapor Junkie

Well after a total of 3 to 3.5 hours of running at full heat, the off-gassing had mostly stopped. There may have still been a tiny bit, but it was becoming hard to see even with my extremely powerful flashlight. I decided to use it, vaped half a capsule and then a little later I checked it for off-gassing again and it was back to a huge amount.

I'm going to chalk it up to being oils left from the vapor at this point. Thanks everyone for your help.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Well after a total of 3 to 3.5 hours of running at full heat, the off-gassing had mostly stopped. There may have still been a tiny bit, but it was becoming hard to see even with my extremely powerful flashlight. I decided to use it, vaped half a capsule and then a little later I checked it for off-gassing again and it was back to a huge amount.

I'm going to chalk it up to being oils left from the vapor at this point. Thanks everyone for your help.
Good to see you keep trying to get to the bottom of it. Any more cracking? is your herb more fluffy than drier, thinking back to if it was moisture or and I know this sounds stupid but I have more than one one occasion drooled into a device while using.. I do that a lot with those jolly TV darts..

kushcabbage,

cow-a-bunga

how did you get the led holes so perfect? hole punch? I also bet could be wrong but.. If you wrap the top cap, even if it's at a curve hit a lighter really quickly around the edge and it might form and melt the carbon fiber around the entire curvature of cap. Or it might just sizzle and crack the carbon filaments, but that resin top coat should melt.. Do at your own risk kind of thing? Hopefully in the future the website gets updates, and accessories come out, and replacement caps because the new ones are flat.

i wanted to use a hole punch, but could't find one, so used a box cutter knife for the holes. at first they didn't look very good, but after tucking the carbon around the leds with a flat head screw driver the lower one is almost perfect, upper is so so. I'll try to wrap the top cap, if the curve gives me trouble, I'll just do the flat part of the cap.

That thing looks so awesome and such a neat job. I couldn't do that with six hands :lol:

The sticker is not placed under the rings. I cut six thin strips of carbon and sticked them between the rings.

edit:
I tried to do the cap. I was not able to wrap the curved part. material went all wrinkly :)
I put the original stickers on the inside of the box the inh004 came in. notice the thin strips mmenzie
64lb11.jpg

I have the new cap btw if you didn't notice. Mine is flat on the top and came all black like that :)

VapeNStone,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
recommendations on where to get a good price on the inhalator. Taylor from otherside vapes seems to be on vacation or something as they aren't answering their phone.

ru_frothi,

Jurassic

I'd personally wait for Taylor. I am. Good discount code I do believe, something like $220 shipped.

Jurassic,

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Hey Guys,

Sorry I disappeared there for a couple days. I've been at a trade show in Vegas, and I was dealing with a myriad of technical issues while i was out of the office. I'm back now, and still working on trying to catch up with all of my correspondence, etc., but I'm here again if you guys need any help.

Take care,
Taylor

TheOtherSideVapes,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Hey Guys,

Sorry I disappeared there for a couple days. I've been at a trade show in Vegas, and I was dealing with a myriad of technical issues while i was out of the office. I'm back now, and still working on trying to catch up with all of my correspondence, etc., but I'm here again if you guys need any help.

Take care,
Taylor

Great talking with you Taylor. Can't wait to try out the inhalator!!!!!!!!!

ru_frothi,

spanner

Anyone know how this unit might compare to the persei universe herb chamber?
Loving the inh004 btw best vape yet

spanner,
Top Bottom