Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, in my experience, the inhalater takes at least a few minutes to cool down by itself, but what you can do is to turn it off, and take a few big draws off of it. That will cool it down significantly. You can always insert the capsule and pull it out to see how hot it really is in there before putting it in your pocket as well.

But honestly, I go for a full capsule each time.

CentiZen,
Reactions: Tim

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I guess that was the gist I was trying to say. I will see when I get mine. I just don't have 8 mins while I am out. I usually take a hit as I am leaving my car to go in somewhere.

Dreamerr,

Tim

Well, in my experience, the inhalater takes at least a few minutes to cool down by itself, but what you can do is to turn it off, and take a few big draws off of it. That will cool it down significantly. You can always insert the capsule and pull it out to see how hot it really is in there before putting it in your pocket as well.

But honestly, I go for a full capsule each time.
After I turned off the Inh, I'd keep drawing for maybe 2-3 more hits. Once I no longer get vapor, I feel comfortable letting the Inh cool the rest of the way itself.

I don't feel like I'm wasting herb, but it's hard to tell at that level anyways.

Tim,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Dreamer that situation sounds more for a job for your mflb doesnt it have the quickest heat up time,nthe inh004 is going to take a good 30-60 seconds even longer to get vapor

kushcabbage,

Dreamerr

Dreamer that situation sounds more for a job for your mflb doesnt it have the quickest heat up time,nthe inh004 is going to take a good 30-60 seconds even longer to get vapor

Yes but it the MFLB has been a pain to me for some reason not sure why. It could be the battery thing. I used it forever daily while out and loved it. After my batteries died and had issues getting new ones I called the company and they gave me a whole new setup. Now with the battery push back and stuff it doesn't seem to work as well. I did get it back right after I got the DV so maybe I should start trying it again.

Good looking out kushcabbage.

Tim

Yes but it the MFLB has been a pain to me for some reason not sure why. It could be the battery thing. I used it forever daily while out and loved it. After my batteries died and had issues getting new ones I called the company and they gave me a whole new setup. Now with the battery push back and stuff it doesn't seem to work as well. I did get it back right after I got the DV so maybe I should start trying it again.

Good looking out kushcabbage.

Have you tried removing the black "push back" ring? I did and found it easier to hit. But I understand what you mean, I didn't have trouble with my MFLB but there were just better options.

The best 1 hitters would be something like.. a TV or concentrate vape, correct? The Inh is very efficient, but that means it drags out the session.

At least, sessions have felt longer for me.

Tim,

Dreamerr

Have you tried removing the black "push back" ring? I did and found it easier to hit. But I understand what you mean, I didn't have trouble with my MFLB but there were just better options.

The best 1 hitters would be something like.. a TV or concentrate vape, correct? The Inh is very efficient, but that means it drags out the session.

I was told the same thing about the T1. I guess everyone has there own opinion. It seems like the MFLB is the only true few hitter around that works. Gonna charge those batteries up and use it tomorrow.

Dreamerr,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

Yeah the inhalater is great for long sessions, you can drag a capsule out for half an hour if you wanted to (which I do regularily), but if you want to take some lung busters, you can do a capsule in 8 minutes.

CentiZen,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Well, I just pulled the trigger. So, let me get this straight; half "bowl" should be filled minimum and an extremely fine grind used? And does it use a standard micro usb connection to charge?

deadc0ffee,

Tim

Well, I just pulled the trigger. So, let me get this straight; half "bowl" should be filled minimum and an extremely fine grind used? And does it use a standard micro usb connection to charge?
I wouldn't say extremely fine grind; for example, I would not use a coffee grinder as I would with an MFLB.

I say any metal grinder is good/fine enough. Rule of thumb for me is
Metal grinders for vapes
Acrylic grinders (for a coarser, nuggier grind) for joints and pieces.

Tim,

Jurassic

What's wrong with a coffee grinder for this? I can achieve almost any consistency from coarse to fine. And don't kid yourself, acrylic grinders (like the volcano one) can produce some of the finest grinds.

Vaporizer specific mendo mulcher may be a good bet for this too, or any vape.

Jurassic,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah I some of my acrylics can do a better job than my metal ones. Though km not a huge fan of coffee grinders, its too easy to powder a whole load in a few seconds

CentiZen,

Jurassic

Yeah I some of my acrylics can do a better job than my metal ones. Though km not a huge fan of coffee grinders, its too easy to powder a whole load in a few seconds

Not if you "pulse" patiently... I also get way more vapour when it's a little more powdery, and boatloads of kif.

Curious regarding the polyimide capsules. According to Wiki:

Thermosetting polyimides are known for thermal stability, good chemical resistance, excellent mechanical properties, and characteristic orange/yellow color. Polyimides compounded with graphite or glass fiber reinforcements have flexural strengths of up to 50,000 p.s.i. (345 MPa) and flexural moduli of 3 million p.s.i. (20,684 MPa). Thermoset polyimides exhibit very low creep and high tensile strength. These properties are maintained during continuous use to temperatures of 450 °F (232 °C) and for short excursions, as high as 900 °F (482 °C)[citation needed]. Molded polyimide parts and laminates have very good heat resistance. Normal operating temperatures for such parts and laminates range from cryogenic to those exceeding 500 °F (260 °C). Polyimides are also inherently resistant to flame combustion and do not usually need to be mixed with flame retardants. Most carry a UL rating of VTM-0. Polyimide laminates have a flexural strength half life at 480 °F (249 °C) of 400 hours.

Isn't 232c a little close to the 210c airflow? Their own info pegs it at 220c. Isn't that close to decomposition? Just wanted some piece of mind before I pull the trigger.

Jurassic,

Tim

Jur, perhaps we are using different acrylic grinders. Mine have always been thrown in for "free" or FTP deals. They have much more space between the teeth than metal ones, and therefore produce a coarser grind.

I am not "kidding" myself.

And I would not recommend a coffee grinder because it's far too easy to get a powdery consistency. The screens in the Inh will allow some finer herb through. Sure, you can pulse all you want. You get more vapor because you're actually packing more in there (with a finer grind) and more surface area is being exposed to the hot air.

To each his own. My coffee grinder has been retired, it's quick but unnecessary.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Not if you "pulse" patiently... I also get way more vapour when it's a little more powdery, and boatloads of kif.

Curious regarding the polyimide capsules. According to Wiki:

Thermosetting polyimides are known for thermal stability, good chemical resistance, excellent mechanical properties, and characteristic orange/yellow color. Polyimides compounded with graphite or glass fiber reinforcements have flexural strengths of up to 50,000 p.s.i. (345 MPa) and flexural moduli of 3 million p.s.i. (20,684 MPa). Thermoset polyimides exhibit very low creep and high tensile strength. These properties are maintained during continuous use to temperatures of 450 °F (232 °C) and for short excursions, as high as 900 °F (482 °C)[citation needed]. Molded polyimide parts and laminates have very good heat resistance. Normal operating temperatures for such parts and laminates range from cryogenic to those exceeding 500 °F (260 °C). Polyimides are also inherently resistant to flame combustion and do not usually need to be mixed with flame retardants. Most carry a UL rating of VTM-0. Polyimide laminates have a flexural strength half life at 480 °F (249 °C) of 400 hours.

Isn't 232c a little close to the 210c airflow? Their own info pegs it at 220c. Isn't that close to decomposition? Just wanted some piece of mind before I pull the trigger.

Wiki is not always the best source of information, especially technical information such as this. You should go to DuPont's website and get the spec sheets. Polyimide comes in several varieties and all of them are capable of withstanding a lot more than 232°C.

pakalolo,

natural farmer

Wiki is not always the best source of information, especially technical information such as this. You should go to DuPont's website and get the spec sheets. Polyimide comes in several varietes and all of them are capable of withstanding a lot more than 232°C.

Now, why do I have a hard time trusting DuPont...?

Oh yeah! Because they are the m*f's behind probation! Bleah...

natural farmer

Yeah, DuPont is lying in their materials safety sheets because they love those multi-million dollar lawsuits...

:doh:

You 're right my friend... Laws keep multi national giants from doing anything immoral... We must... Trust... :lol:

Guys... Do you thing this little beast could replace a Solo for all day home use? And up to how many people could it accommodate? I find it very easy to bake a group of 5 or more friends with the Solo independent of tolerances. Could the INH keep up to such a use?
I know it's not a home or party vape but some of us can't afford multiple vapes so we need to keep looking for that greater all rounder to keep it interesting... Any takes?

natural farmer,
Reactions: Jurassic

Jurassic

Wiki is not always the best source of information, especially technical information such as this. You should go to DuPont's website and get the spec sheets. Polyimide comes in several varietes and all of them are capable of withstanding a lot more than 232°C.

I have, and also looked at BASF's MSD and it's all pretty much inline with wiki. The problem is there is no data on the safety of inhaling super heated air over the polymide. I'm not going to be another guinea pig like many were for Arizer. I guess it's just about the testamonials, and everything points to it being inert at the temps used, and neutral in taste. Still, i'm on the fence and will just be more patient.

Just want to chime in here and say I bought one of these recently. It is awesome!!!

That's fantastic, care to elaborate on why? Pros/cons.. thanks!

Guys... Do you thing this little beast could replace a Solo for all day home use? And up to how many people could it accommodate? I find it very easy to bake a group of 5 or more friends with the Solo independent of tolerances. Could the INH keep up to such a use?
I know it's not a home or party vape but some of us can't afford multiple vapes so we need to keep looking for that greater all rounder to keep it interesting... Any takes?

According to some discussions i've had with a couple FC members who own both, i'd say that the Solo would be better for your purposes.

Jurassic,
Reactions: ili
Well it tastes amazing and is more of a convection vape to me. Although everyone here must have way better weed than me because I can bang a bowl out in 5 minutes. Everyone else it seems that they really really stretch out their sessions. I could make mine last two sessions I just want to get that high in one lol. Work really well in a water pipe as well.

VapeNStone,

Jurassic

Thanks VapeNStone! I see you have a Solo too, ceramic to boot and even wood stems. Care to comment, compare/contrast the two? I really like that you think it feels more convection, as that's what i'm looking for, especially in comparison to the Solo which I know is some convection, but I feel alot conduction, especially if you remove the stem after each hit.

What do you think of airflow compared to ed's stems?

Jurassic,
It definately IMHO doesn't give as BIG of hits as the solo but I feel I get just as medicated at it tastes better for longer to boot. I also like how even the ABV is at the end of the bowl. When I am out and out I can turn it on and take a few tokes then turn it off and keep toking till its cool and put the cap back on. Then I can come back later and finish it off for a little pick my up. But usually if I have time I'll bang the whole bowl all at once. I really like that with this unit, with the solo I had to pack a full bowl and finish it all the way up. If somehow I didn't have time to hit it I would just then have to throw the ABV out otherwise it would get wasted up.

VapeNStone,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I would vote this vape for the conduction side, I don't think there is hardly any convection. I.E it's a thin quick heat/cool down material bowl and cartridge with the bowl being wrapped in nickel chromium wire which would conduct heat through the thin polymide, in turn heating up the material in the cartridge outside first. I feel like its a beefed up more technologically advanced solo with the "stem" tucked away in the body. That's how I see things. if you like portable conduction, I say go for thermovape or possibly thc's new plan b coming out . I still love my solo but only Ed's stems the glass sucks never stays in. I wrap Teflon tape around the outside of the metal so I never get burned anymore. the only time I am using my solo over the inhalator is if Im inside and I want a more natural session with the wood on my lips, or sometimes even a long session through a water pipe. But my inh004 beats the solo vapor every time and water pipe adaptability is a plus.

kushcabbage,
Reactions: Jurassic

Jurassic

So it cools down fast than the Solo it appears? Otherwise you could turn off the Solo, hit it till it cools, and then go back to it, but I guess the bowl is too small, it takes too long to cool and you'd lose your bowl.

Thanks VnS, I guess it's a compromise, bigger hits with Solo , or smaller INH hits that taste better and are more evenly vaped. Airflow?

. But my inh004 beats the solo vapor every time and water pipe adaptability is a plus.

I believe Mephisto shares your opinion over the Solo as well. Thanks guys.

Jurassic,
Reactions: ili
Top Bottom