Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah I decided to go with the Pax for now. This unit seems like it has a lot of potential but the fit and finish issues definitely put me off (as well as capsule price/availability). For me simpler is almost always better. It just seems too much like a beta unit with stuff falling apart constantly and exposed dials etc. Version 2 should be a real winner.
The capsules I can understand, and simplicity is nice, but I just want to make sure your aware that this is a very well built unit that performs very well. I hope you enjoy your pax, because it is too; I just don't want anyone to misinterpret that into meaning this is a fragile unit by any means

sounds kinda fishy to me which leads to the credibility of the other reviews on the site.

It's literally brand new by internet terms, so I'd give the reviewers the benefit of the doubt before critiquing the whole site. I just wanted to share the Inhalater review. I'm sure it's going to get more and more populated as time goes on. Besides, the reviews are quite substantial when they are there

CentiZen,

Pcpvapors

I'm sure we'll be seeing more reviews because nearly all reputable Headshops around me are carrying them (Detroit) I was able to test one with the owner of a LHS and I loved it I really did, great taste, vapor, and good heat up time I only had a session until the auto shut off kicked on but initial impressions were great. I may take the plunge.

EDIT: Although I am nervous due to the inhalater store being empty, possibly waiting on new shipments to arrive or who knows?

Jurassic

I still think i'd prefer this over the Pax, simply for the reason of better airflow, no stirring, and preloaded capsules. I don't think it's also impossible for this company to do a mid model production switch and just drop the decals based on our feedback.

Truthfully my only concerns have been suboptimal vapour production compared to the Solo (which I may be wrong), the dial falling off...although not a huge deal, more worried about inaccurate sticker placement for temp settings, and the worry of possibly combusting in the upper temp range. I think i may be able to get over these things though, but just will continue to be patient. $220 seems like a good price, but if it was more along the Solo's $170 or so i'd be much more willing to jump on it.

I think I yearn to see SliM's review and vids. :)

Jurassic,

Pcpvapors

I mean really can we complain about the dial? Even the tank that is the SSV has known dial slip issues.

Pcpvapors,

Vapor Junkie

I fixed my dial in about 2 mins with a drop of superglue and a small piece of clear packing tape. Didn't seem like a big deal to me.

Would love to see an engraved knob with no sticker. Complete the all black stealth look.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
When I call Taylor, since I am not handy, I will ask him to mod it for me lol. I hope he does or you all will be hearing me asking for help.

Dreamerr,

spanner

managed to get a re-up today (is that the right slang?), just been to the gym and tried the unit again with proper herb fairly comfortably packed.

Result - wow! great taste, no coughing, fully baked, good vapor cloud and no combustion.

In fact I did a long session and expected the abv to be dark brown but it looked pretty fresh so I have at least one more session on this cap.
I am hoping that my technique will improve and I take to it as I am still craving a cigarette.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
managed to get a re-up today (is that the right slang?), just been to the gym and tried the unit again with proper herb fairly comfortably packed.

Result - wow! great taste, no coughing, fully baked, good vapor cloud and no combustion.

In fact I did a long session and expected the abv to be dark brown but it looked pretty fresh so I have at least one more session on this cap.
I am hoping that my technique will improve and I take to it as I am still craving a cigarette.

Loose the cancer sticks. I thought there was almost no learning curve for this vape so can you tell me what you did to improve unless it was just to remove the cancer stuff.

Just called and left a message for Taylor. I was sad when nobody answered.

Dreamerr,

mephisto

So, to make it official, I like the inhalator much more than my 102 solos....
Beter airflow, better capacity, better taste, no glass stem, longer life on
battery before re-charging, better through water. I am buying a second
unit just so I can travel w/ one and leave one at home. I also own the Cloud,
and it has not even seen any love since I got the inh4. No slander, just fact.
Hope this helps some of you who may be on the fence. I was going for the Pax,
and Centi, and Slightly M got me to change course. If you buy one and don't like
it, I will trade ya a DV, or a solo, or a HA, or......

Jurassic

Woah, in the pax thread someone is giving it more love than the cloud, vhw, and herbo. And now meph is giving his inh more love than the cloud?

What's going on here? Lol. Guess ease of use and simplicity of a portable.

Thanks meph!

Jurassic,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Personally, I don't think any portable will top The Cloud for me. The density of vapor I can get is second to none. Although the PAX and the INH004 preform quite well for portables, I don't think I would ever want to give up a desktop solution to just go portable. On the other hand... if you can only have a portable for certain reasons, I think both the INH004 and the PAX are fantastic choices. I think if you have a higher tolerance you should go with the PAX. If you like the capsule idea then go with the INH004.

mephisto

I would not have ever thought I would be choosing a portable over the much
anticipated VXC. You nailed it Jurassic.

mephisto,
Reactions: Jurassic

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The PAX holds more material in it's oven when you compare it to how much the INH004 capsule can hold. I have to use two capsules in the INH004 to feel the same level of medicated I would from the PAX. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but reloading the capsule on the go (riding in a car) is not so convenient. It works better if you pack the capsule ahead of time. I have not found a good cap for the capsules yet.

Slightly Medicated,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Have you tried the earplug slices I mentioned in my video?

CentiZen,

Jurassic

Wait a sec, pax holds about .25g no? And inh claims up to .5g but realistically say .3. That seems pretty close.

Try slicing off a 1/4" of an ear plug for a cap as suggested by centizen. :)

Jurassic,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Have you tried the earplug slices I mentioned in my video?

Did not go out and get any yet. Still sort of looking around the house to see if I can find anything around here. It is not a huge issue though.

Wait a sec, pax holds about .25g no? And inh claims up to .5g but realistically say .3. That seems pretty close.

Try slicing off a 1/4" of an ear plug for a cap as suggested by centizen. :)

I find the tighter you pack the INH004 the less airflow you get and the less convection vapor production you get. The tighter you pack the PAX the better it does (up until you block the airflow) mostly because of it being conduction based heating. Some users int he PAX have packed .4 grams into the device and still get it to work. I think about .3 is the MAX I would do. I usually load about .25 grams in the oven.

I have never gotten anywhere close to .5 grams in my INH004. I have gotten .25 grams but I found the performance was not to my liking. Personally, the inhalator works best with about .15 grams of material.

The seasons on the PAX and the INH004 usually take about the amount of time for me. That being said, if one has .25 grams in it versus .15 grams. I will get more medicated with the device that has more material in it. That means in order to feel the same level of medicated that I would on the PAX I need to a two capsule session in the INH004. That means it takes longer to medicate.

Slightly Medicated,

mephisto

Thanks for the clarity SliM, I had not thought about the time/application factor.
Important facts for the people who rely on these machines to improve their quality
of life. Being more recreational than medical, I sometimes overlook the larger picture.
Thanks for your time and contribution to these pages. You are indeed a vital resource.

mephisto,

Tim

Hey guys, just s small update. I'm going to be mailing back my defective Inh, and I'm probably going to order a Pax once I get back from my cruise.

This is an awesome vape, but I think the Pax may better suit my needs.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Personally, I don't think any portable will top The Cloud for me. The density of vapor I can get is second to none. Although the PAX and the INH004 preform quite well for portables, I don't think I would ever want to give up a desktop solution to just go portable. On the other hand... if you can only have a portable for certain reasons, I think both the INH004 and the PAX are fantastic choices. I think if you have a higher tolerance you should go with the PAX. If you like the capsule idea then go with the INH004.

just curious.... what does your tolerance level have to do with either vape??? i ask cause my tolerance is pretty high in my opinion. i am in need of a break to bring it back down, but i need my meds to keep my anxiety levels at the correct level. so i don't see a break in the near future

***edit*** sorry hit the reply button so quick didn't even see the reply in the next posts

mmenzie,

spanner

I managed to get two lovely sessions out of one capsule tonight and was completely buggered and the abv was just right. I would love to try the cloud if it is that good at producing big clouds. I have a wych wood and it is great but tend not to use it often because I like to smoke/vape in my garden.
my dream is to have a herb vape that produces vapor like the ego c .

spanner,

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Again, despite how easy some might have found the battery replacement process to be I strongly recommend you do not try this. You have to open the device with a blade, and there are exposed wires.... Blades and exposed wires really do not mix well folks. I realize that some of you are very capable with your hands and can easily modify these devices. However if more people out that start trying this, there's going to be a lot of Inhalaters getting ruined, and slicing the wires with a knife is not covered under the warranty. Perhaps certain units might be easier to pop open than others, but mine took a bit of force and almost caused damage to the unit. If you're good with your hands and you don't mind the risk, then you can probably change the battery by yourself without a problem. I personally don't think it's worth the risk for most people to go ruining a $250 device...

Also please again keep in mind that this is an extremely new device on the market, and is being produced in very small quantities by hand in Canada. There's only been about a few hundred of these that have ever been sold, and some kinks are still definitely being worked out.

I see some people are getting frustrated or concerned about things like their low quality website and lack of marketing. Please realize that this is a very small team running this company, and their main goal right now is trying to make the INH004 the best it absolutely can be. Right now they're producing literally as many units as they physically can (and they're already sold before they're produced), so they just don't have the time to devote to working on the website right now. Besides, flashy marketing and the best website in the world doesn't mean you have a great product at all. Does anybody remember the Vaporfection ViVape?? Supposedly they're coming out with a ViVape 2 already to replace the mega-overhyped dud they sold everybody last year.

As far as the lack of freebies and such being included with the INH004, please again remember the small scale of this company. It doesn't cost Iolite anything to buy little neoprene cases for their vaporizers, because they're literally mass producing the Iolite by the tens of thousands. When Iolite buys 10,000 neoprene cases, they pay probably twenty cents each. When Inhalater tries to buy 100 neoprene cases for their next production run, they're going to pay probably $3-4 each. I'd rather Inhalater take that $3-4 extra and do what they do best, build a great portable vaporizer... They're more focused on upgrading the product itself than trying to add on things like pouches (although I do agree the case would be nice!).

As far as the capsule quote of $1.99, that was what they mentioned as what their goal retail price would be. Hopefully they can start bringing the price down soon, but these guys have a lot of work on their plate, and I'm sure they're doing everything they can to get the price down asap. It's not like Polyimide is a material you can go out and buy at any local store, so it's going to take some patience before we start seeing some price improvement on the capsules.

Inhalater just got the ball rolling on the INH004 a few months ago, so this is still a really fresh product, but so far I'm more than impressed. It's design is totally innovative, and it's awesome that just a few people in Canada can make a product that absolutely kills something like the Iolite, which was super-hyped and produced by a corporation with some heavy financial backing (btw I did some research a while back and found that a major tobacco company was involved in one of the patents on the Iolite Vaporizer).

Sincerely,
Taylor

Jurassic

Thanks Taylor! Great info forsure.

Can the capsule come apart? I mean the polyimide part from mouthpiece part? Or they permanently held together?

Jurassic,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
They look pretty solid to me.

Some of the old capsules were epoxied with a high temp seal (out of airpath though), but the company switched to heat sealing a while back anyway.

CentiZen,
Reactions: Jurassic

cow-a-bunga

I ordered an extra Herb Capsule with my inh004, I recieved two pcs. one mounted in the inh004 and one in a small plastic bag. Shouldn't I have gotten 3 pcs total?

The manual says there are 3 ways to charge:
1) 120 volts wall outlet with provided transformer
2) USB computer jack with provided cable
3) Optional automotive car adapter

I live in scandinavia where wall outlets are 220 volts. the provided transformer handles 110-240V input, and deliveres 5V out, so using the provided transformer with a flat to round power plug converter (DealExteme SKU 3529) is no problem.

The manual would have been more correct if it said:
There are 1 million ways to charge. Its USB, baby! (Suk it, Pax) :lol:

The unit came fully charged. I've done a dry run at the max temp, now I'll load a capsule with some herbs and try this thing out for real :drool:

edit: I loaded the capsule with 0.1 grams of herb, and did a cycle at temperature 4. I didn't get much visible vapor, but the taste was great and I feel well medicated. The ABV looks very lightly cooked greenish/light brown. I'll do another cycle with the same capsule/herb at higher temp after dinner.

Top Bottom