SSV vs. The Extreme Vape

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sounds like you've got it figured out...I'll stop hounding you now!

I gotta agree with tokin...if supply was not a problem, I would probably have a ssv on all the time.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
stickstones said:
I gotta agree with tokin...if supply was not a problem, I would probably have a ssv on all the time.
:/
i can't understand this sentence.............Arguments please!

marcuss,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
marcuss said:
stickstones said:
:/
i can't understand this sentence.............Arguments please!
Hi marcuss :wave:. SS was basically saying that if he didn't have to worry about where to get bud from or how much it cost, etc. (say if he was a farmer growing his own and always had a constant supply), he'd be using a Silver Surfer all the time. I think what he is saying is that if effeciency were not one of his priorities he'd be using something like a SSV...and he'd be vaping more than he does now...correct me if I'm wrong, SS. Actually, eventually I'll be arguing FOR the effeciency of the SSV, which I wasn't too sure of in the beginning...but yeah, I'll talk about that later.

partially veiled,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I think maybe marcuss was referring to tokin's statement:

tokinGLX said:
if you will be growing, then i can assure you that the ssv is the best pick for you to go with. i have been around a lot of growers and consent is unanimous that the ssv IS the growers choice vape.
For sure I'd be using the SSV a lot more if I had access to mountains of bud. But yeah, I hear there are some growers who are keen on the Herborizer. ;)

vtac,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Ah, right on. I'm sure I glazed right on over that part. :/ That's obviously still going to be a personal decision, whether you're growing or not.

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
bah! i give up trying to make a decision! every time i think ive made up my mind theres a little voice that goes "but..." >.<
i dont even really know why im trying to make a decision this long from when i actually purchase it... i just cant turn my brain off :( (without assistance, which i dont have)
ssv... extreme... i dont really care as long as i can get one :disgust:
ill not annoy people with my vaccilations (hehe big word :D ) anymore, cause its getting really ridiculous and prolly a little spammy

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
^Feel free to pace back and forth between indecision and irresolution. The decision making process is half the fun IMO. :uhoh:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Have to admit it was amusing when you were ruminating over what your second and third vapes were going to be. :lol:

If you can figure out your budget I'm sure we can pick one for you. :D

vtac,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
If we're being honest, I'd like to see AoZ dedicate himself to building a vaporizer! He thinks everything over so meticulously...I bet it'd be a monstrous contraption of great power and great elegance. Then we could harass him, steal the plans, market it with unabashed lies and dirty tricks, and sell it to people who still watch television. Mwhahahaha!! Oh by the way, to submit a +vote (to this ongoing argument, of course) for the SSV, I can attest to the fact that it gets one "baked as fuck". I'm going to go crawl into a laundry hamper now, pardon.

partially veiled,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Well my SSV should be arriving tomorrow, will get a chance to match it up with my Evolutions, Herborizer (whose heating element gets too hot for my taste. I stored it away and am currently looking for it to see if I can get a replacement or the dimmer switch) Vaporfection, VRIPtech, and Extreme

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Dayum. You don't monkey around.

Nice collection, definitely looking forward to your thoughts.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
stonemonkey55 said:
Well my SSV should be arriving tomorrow, will get a chance to match it up with my Evolutions, Herborizer (whose heating element gets too hot for my taste. I stored it away and am currently looking for it to see if I can get a replacement or the dimmer switch) Vaporfection, VRIPtech, and Extreme
welcome to you stonemonkey55!!

I confirm you can get the dimmer switch as a spare part from Sebastien to control your Herbo!
Probably a serious vaporist like you need more heat control to match his favorite taste....i've got both of them(reg and XL) and i don't see any differences in taste from where i set my XL but this is personal i think!

If you can give us more impressions about the Evolution, the Vaporfection and the Vriptech I'll be a big ear!!!
Obviously also a SSV comparision to the others will be a golden gift!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
vtac said:
I think maybe marcuss was referring to tokin's statement:

tokinGLX said:
if you will be growing, then i can assure you that the ssv is the best pick for you to go with. i have been around a lot of growers and consent is unanimous that the ssv IS the growers choice vape.
For sure I'd be using the SSV a lot more if I had access to mountains of bud. But yeah, I hear there are some growers who are keen on the Herborizer. ;)
I don't understand why the SSV should be the best pick over others vapes for growers....when you got your supply any vape is better than others used with commercial herb!
I hope the tokingGLX statement has nothing to do with his new job.....this is a free forum for unbiased people...i don't want ads in every corner...tGLX don't take it personal but please try to be more neutral on this forum!
MY :2c:

marcuss,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
partially veiled said:
If we're being honest, I'd like to see AoZ dedicate himself to building a vaporizer! He thinks everything over so meticulously...I bet it'd be a monstrous contraption of great power and great elegance. Then we could harass him, steal the plans, market it with unabashed lies and dirty tricks, and sell it to people who still watch television. Mwhahahaha!! Oh by the way, to submit a +vote (to this ongoing argument, of course) for the SSV, I can attest to the fact that it gets one "baked as fuck". I'm going to go crawl into a laundry hamper now, pardon.
ehehehe if i were to make a vape it would be some kind of mad science bastard child of the ssv and extreme, maybe with a little (whats that one that has a built in waterfilter?) thrown in
if i had the resources id go for it, and turn out a monstrous piece of machinery that would strike fear in the hearts of even the most hardened vaporists! and i will rule the world!!! (maniacal laughter) :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

tokinGLX

marcuss said:
I don't understand why the SSV should be the best pick over others vapes for growers....when you got your supply any vape is better than others used with commercial herb!
I hope the tokingGLX statement has nothing to do with his new job.....this is a free forum for unbiased people...i don't want ads in every corner...tGLX don't take it personal but please try to be more neutral on this forum!
MY :2c:
new job sorry man, it is no job. nor is it exactly new.

the answer as to why the ssv is the growers choice is simple.

it delivers the most vapor thick hits. thats.....really the biggie right there. it has the ability to spit out these huge hits that can make you dizzy. compared to a lot of vapes, it has a very fast heat up time, and physically, electronically, it is a very simple machine with little inside to go wrong. the one thing is does not excel at is herb efficiency. but when you have jars stacked, each with a different strain or a different length cure on the same strain and you have more plants ready to be chopped....conservation of herb is not a thought that even crosses the mind.
but that hit, it sticks out. it is worth noting and telling a friend about.

you want me to stay "neutral," but the ssv is not a mediocre machine. it does its job better than anything else in its class.

as i have said many times before around the webs, i do not sell these units because i want to make a buck, i sell them because people that i meet, face to face, practically are begging me to sell them my vape after me sitting with them through a couple bowls with it. aside from the "resellers/distributers" thread, i DO NOT advertise my wares. im sorry you take my posts as such.

imagine you like cars, that you like to drive them fast. one day you come across a brand spanking new corvette zo6 with keys in the ignition that have your name on them.

after driving that, would you want to drive a prius, because it gets WAY better gas mileage than that z06
fuck no, you want something else with power, muscle, something that makes you go ......daaaaaaayyuuuuuuum.

tokinGLX,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Tokin, can you explain to me why the SSV is so much more expensive than the DBV? From what I have read they have the same heater, just that the DB has a bigger hole for the hot air to go through. I bought the SSV because I just like to buy the best of everything but was wondering if there were any other advantages besides looks and the angle of the heater cover.

Also, on the efficiency thing. I don't think the SSV is inefficient at all. When you say it's not the most efficient, do you mean that THC is lost? Or just that the hits are so big that you go through herb quickly?

stonemonkey55,

tokinGLX

honestly, no. i cannot say why the ssv is more expensive. i know that dbv was never even a concept until well after the ssv had become a success and i believe that steve wanted a stripped down version to offer to people on more of a budget.

one definite advantage it can claim is taht it is more stable/resistant to falling, because of its longer base.
there is a fine line between the performance of the ssv and dbv. the size of that hole does impact the hit, and that is they key difference. the smaller exit hole on the ssv does a better job of distributing the heat into the bowl in a way that maximizes the vapor to air ratio.
i prefer the standard connection over the gg, i really dont like the gg overall because i am a person that buys things with long term use in mind, and i just see the gg part getting dulled and not as effective over time as well as being something prone to breaking. say the unit is just chilling between hits and some random unforseen event happens and the unit falls off the table. this has happened more than once with my surfer, and is no problem at all. the units are designed to take falls like that with no problems, and because the whip was set down on the table, it was never in dager of breaking. a buddha falling with the wand attached is almost a sure recipe for a broken wand/heater cover.
if i was a maker of the units, this would be a justification for a lower price.

when i said "efficient" i was indeed referring to it giving large hits and going through a bowl quicker.

as for the efficiency of the unit in terms of how well it vaporizers the herb in the bowl, it does this very well.

tokinGLX,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So if you have a SSV with GG connection, then the smaller hole advantage disappears? I'm asking because you said that the smaller exit hole on the SSV is what affects the air/vapor ratio. I'm assuming they use the same GG for SSV and DBV. I was just curious if the shape of the SSV is the main cost addition for 7th floor or if there are any other significant advantages.

I actually think that the fact the DBV comes with ground glass connection would actually be a cost addition since they have to tool the male and the female end, whereas the standard heating cover doesn't have to have the same tight tolerances when making them but I've never blown or made glass so I have no real idea.

Love the SSV btw, awesome hits!

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, i think once i start growing ill have more bud on my hands than i know what to do with... at that point ill just do the most logical thing.... vape more!!!

under normal conditions with smoking, i can make an eigth last 3-4 weeks, mainly because i pack small bowls and wait till im back to baseline to redose, and i smoked only on the weekends
while wke and bake isnt my style (at least for everyday, weekends are a different case ;) ), if i had more bud on my hands id use more and more often, like in the evenings to wind down

that being said im taking another look at the purple days, it most likely will stay low on my priority list but it seems like it would be a nice thing to have around for portability, so its moving up on my list, but we all know how my quick my preferences change :lol:

the vaporstar is a definate though, i like it better than the vaporgenie cause i love hitting my little bong :D

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
just curious where you ssv owners have your heater. I have mine turned up to around three oclock. Was wondering where you guys have yours set.

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
you might want to take that to the ssv thread, we need some more info and stuff over there cause its dwarfed in comparison to the extreme threads

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
tokinGLX said:
honestly, no. i cannot say why the ssv is more expensive.
Isn't it mainly because of the fancier glass?

stonemonkey55 said:
So if you have a SSV with GG connection, then the smaller hole advantage disappears? I'm asking because you said that the smaller exit hole on the SSV is what affects the air/vapor ratio. I'm assuming they use the same GG for SSV and DBV. I was just curious if the shape of the SSV is the main cost addition for 7th floor or if there are any other significant advantages.

I actually think that the fact the DBV comes with ground glass connection would actually be a cost addition since they have to tool the male and the female end, whereas the standard heating cover doesn't have to have the same tight tolerances when making them but I've never blown or made glass so I have no real idea.
Already mentioned this in the other thread before I saw this, but yeah, you should pick up the standard glass to compare. The narrow air stream seems to be key.

Wouldn't think the ground glass connections to be that expensive, especially at the volumes 7th floor is surely dealing in. Probably blowing the custom stuff costs at least as much. Probably one of our resident glass aficionados can answer that.

just curious where you ssv owners have your heater. I have mine turned up to around three oclock. Was wondering where you guys have yours set.
For me, 12 is the minimum and I never take it past 2:30, i like to draw relatively slow so just a tad past 1 is my fav (though probably there's some variation in the knob positions between units). Probably the ground glass requires more heat with the wider opening.

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
you might want to take that to the ssv thread, we need some more info and stuff over there cause its dwarfed in comparison to the extreme threads
This is true, but since everyone's already here and this thread does have SSV in the title... Hope spyder doesn't see that. :lol:

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i think spyder finally got tired of being told off about his bitching and left... good riddance if you ask me, i was liking him less with every post he made

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
tokinGLX said:
new job sorry man, it is no job. nor is it exactly new.

the answer as to why the ssv is the growers choice is simple.

it delivers the most vapor thick hits. thats.....really the biggie right there. it has the ability to spit out these huge hits that can make you dizzy. compared to a lot of vapes, it has a very fast heat up time, and physically, electronically, it is a very simple machine with little inside to go wrong. the one thing is does not excel at is herb efficiency. but when you have jars stacked, each with a different strain or a different length cure on the same strain and you have more plants ready to be chopped....conservation of herb is not a thought that even crosses the mind.
but that hit, it sticks out. it is worth noting and telling a friend about.

you want me to stay "neutral," but the ssv is not a mediocre machine. it does its job better than anything else in its class.

as i have said many times before around the webs, i do not sell these units because i want to make a buck, i sell them because people that i meet, face to face, practically are begging me to sell them my vape after me sitting with them through a couple bowls with it. aside from the "resellers/distributers" thread, i DO NOT advertise my wares. im sorry you take my posts as such.

imagine you like cars, that you like to drive them fast. one day you come across a brand spanking new corvette zo6 with keys in the ignition that have your name on them.

after driving that, would you want to drive a prius, because it gets WAY better gas mileage than that z06
fuck no, you want something else with power, muscle, something that makes you go ......daaaaaaayyuuuuuuum.
Believe me I love my SSV as much as anyone, world class vape, no question. I think marcuss is taking issue with the wording of your statements more than anything.

For example, you have to admit "if you will be growing, then i can assure you that the ssv is the best pick for you to go with. i have been around a lot of growers and consent is unanimous that the ssv IS the growers choice vape." is assuming a lot about every grower in the world. Probably some of the growers you know haven't tried every other vape in the world either. Sorry to get anal about semantics but you know 'how we do' 'round here. :) I will say that marcuss needs to break the bank and order an ssv so he can see for himself... maybe the Herbo will find its match in little Italy, maybe not, who knows.

Don't tell me you drive a z06! :D New ZR1 looks insane! Maybe you and marcuss can change the issue to Ferrari vs Corvette. :p

Edit: Oh yeah, and if you're a serious gardener, additional cost of the Herbo/etc wouldn't be a problem. So the lesser cost of the ssv isn't really a huge benefit anymore.

vtac,
Top Bottom