SSV vs. The Extreme Vape

bf420

okay so i'm torn between an ssv or an extreme vape

i wanna know is the whip style use of an extreme compare to an ssv

and does the bag use come close to a volcano

i have a super vapezilla but its too confusing to use i just got it a week ago but i kinda regret it.

bf420,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
sorry bro for you vapezilla LOL.... both seem realy good vap (ssv and extreme) I own an extreme and will not trade it for any vap on the market yet (including the herborizer) ,I think ssv will resist more to shock than the extreme ,ssv seem a best construction than the extreme but the extreme is more versatil ...whip and bag you can also make super thin vap just as super thick vap so you realy can get whatever YOU WANT ,both are customisabe (probably easier to pimp a ssv but it is possible with an extreme) both have the best type of element (i think extreme one is bigger than ssv one correct me if I'm wrong) finaly both are temp ajustable but extreme is digi and ssv is analogue soo in fact both are top line vap cheapper and IMO better than the vapezilla according to the reviews (but I never use the vapezilla so I can't realy tell you more) but dont worry most of vap will need some time to be able to use it at 100% of what it is able ,I'm sur you can get some good vapor out of your zilla !

Clear_Dome,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the extreme is the vape you want to buy if you like both bags and whip, it does both pretty good, but if you prefer just bags or just whips, you might want to go with a unit that is just one style, because a good unit like the ssv only does one thing, but it does that one thing really well, assuming its a good design like the ssv

myself im a whip person, but due to money constraints ill be getting the vaporgenie first then saving for the ssv. then if i want a balloon vape ill make my own with a heat gun

Acolyte of Zinglon,

spyder

I've got both... along with a bunch of other types and brands

So I speak from experience... and following is only MY opinion

Extreme.... Jack of all trades... master of none.

SSV... Best whip vape

:2c::2c:

spyder,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
bf420 said:
i have a super vapezilla but its too confusing to use i just got it a week ago but i kinda regret it.
Vapes can take some time to perfect ... and the vapzilla does look confusing but I'm sure its workable.

Took me about a week to get my PD right and now its just second nature to achieve satisfactory hits.

My box vape due to its inconsistant heating temp has taken many weeks to perfect and its almost a manual process of turning the temp up and down to achieve successful vapping. Now i just seem to now when to adjust the temp to prevent any burn.

Maybe you just need to chill and take some more time. Can you re-sell the Vapzilla?

vaporcloud,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
agree with ya vaporcloud ...it take time to perfect and realy know your vap

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yupyup...there's a learning curve with any vaporizer. Give it some time and have fun with it.

To answer your question, I would get teh SSV if I wanted whip action. If I only wnated bag, I would get an Extreme. No need to spend twice the money to blow up a bag.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Either the herbalAire or the Extreme will do as well as the 'cano. Don't worry that you'll be missing anything performance wise except filling time. Be sure you have a real need/desire to use bags if you're going to buy a dual mode vape. For about $150 you can get the DBV and have most of the pluses of the SSV. The price of admission to quality vaping is lower than a lot of people think. ;)

Put that Vapezilla up for sale on eBay. They have a high resale value. That Vapezilla name carries a lot of hype.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
pretty much, i think there are some small differences but its got the same heating core and the all glass air path is still there, its the heater cover thats really what makes the difference, because the ssv has a smaller hole which creates a more focused air stream, resulting in a denser vapor

plus the ssv looks really awesome, theyll both last you a very long time, so i think for me, the ssv is the best option, itll be something to love and cherish for years to come :D

Acolyte of Zinglon,

spyder

:ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv::ssv:

:2c::2c:

spyder,

brennen

I'm getting a vaporizer now, after not having one for a few years. I've been reading up everywhere, and it seems like a choice between the Extreme and the SSV, but I can't choose because I haven't tried either. The bag system would be nice with the extreme but I'm probably more into the high vapor-to-air ratio and such - how's that on the extreme vs the ssv? does the whip system on the extreme work as well as on the ssv? any input on which one i should get?

thanks guys...

brennen,

max

Out to lunch
I'm probably more into the high vapor-to-air ratio and such
Sounds like you'd be very happy with either 7th Floor product. You may well be perfectly happy with the Extreme in whip mode, but there's no doubt that the SSV, in particular, can provide a high vapor/air ratio, and you can hit it hard or easy. It's very forgiving.

I'm getting a vaporizer now, after not having one for a few years.
Does that mean you used to have a vape? If so, why did you stop vaporizing?

Having had access to both whip and bag method for a couple of years now, I can tell you this. If you're willing to do the extra work (not really a lot, but there is more user input needed) that the whip method takes, you'll be amply rewarded as far as 'enjoying the process'. Bagged vapor is always the same. Sure you can fill a bag with lots of vapor and the hits are thicker, but they'll never be as rich as a good whip hit. The air that's pumped through the vape dilutes the vapor more than a whip vape does. All the hits in a bag are pretty much the same, which is good if you don't want any big hits that you can't handle sneaking up on you, but for a lot of people it's not a very satisfying 'vapor experience'. Bags are convenient and easy, but boring.

max,

spyder

If I was going to recommend a 1st vape... SSV

then get an extreme... The bags are cool... but the whip is not as good on the extreme...

but with that said it's all in preference..

80/20 rule...

If you plan to use the whip 80% of the time.....SSV.... You won't miss the bags
If you plan to use the bag 80% then 20% whip... Exteme

either way... You can't go wrong

spyder,

kram

When you say the whip system on the Extreme is not as good, and that the SSV has richer, thicker hits, are you referring to taste/satisfaction, or the actual high? For example, will one solid whip hit from the SSV get you more stoned than one from the Extreme? Or same amount, just less satisfying..?

kram,

spyder

that is a tough answer...

taste/satisfaction, or the actual high...???

The answer is actually in the statement before it... richer...thicker hits

Which results in better...bigger hits... = more high... = more satisfation

The SSV gets hotter so you can "bake" the goodness out .

I don't think the extreme gets hot enough and leaves allot on the table ... still some goodness to be had.
with that stated I modified my extreme to get hotter and I STILL think the SSV is superior.

Extreme is good... ( I think a version or two away from being great )

SSV is legit... My extreme has seen the table once for a side by side whip test... quickly it went back in the drawer

it felt outclassed :ko:

:ssv:

spyder,

max

Out to lunch
kram said:
When you say the whip system on the Extreme is not as good, and that the SSV has richer, thicker hits, are you referring to taste/satisfaction, or the actual high? For example, will one solid whip hit from the SSV get you more stoned than one from the Extreme? Or same amount, just less satisfying..?
It's a simple equation-correct temp + herb = vapor. It doesn't matter if you're using a homemade lightbulb vape or a $500+ unit. For the same amount of herb, you can get just as much vapor using the Extreme as you can with the SSV, it's only the vapor/air ratio that's different.

If you drink a shot of whisky mixed with 8 oz. of water, you get just as much alcohol as if you'd taken the shot without water. You change the way it feels going down your throat, but the same amount gets ingested either way.

spyder said:
I don't think the extreme gets hot enough
It doesn't get as hot as the SSV, but it gets hot enough to do the job with cannabis.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
ssv....i know you must deal with the wand in order to do not overheat the plant material this make me think about this odd operation....swirl and toke, swirl and toke....if i do not touch the wand....combustion happens?

i'm too lazy.....i prefer...toke,toke,toke,toke and bake!

marcuss,

tokinGLX

you dont NEED to rotate the wand, it is not done to prevent combustion, it just helps to give a bigger hit.

tokinGLX,

spyder

I move and rotate due to the tight air Stream.... nothing to do with combustion... speak for myself of course...

which is not 100% necessary.. it justs help pack that power hit. the other options is hold in one place or lock in with hand free holder and stir more often

Sort of like holding a lighter on one side of a bowl instead of moving around the bowl... which way is better... exactly user preference

Bottom line.... doesn't take any more user intervention than any other.

:ssv:

spyder,

brennen

Does that mean you used to have a vape? If so, why did you stop vaporizing?
I used to have a cheap box vape years back, but that was in high school, and it was unfortunately killed in one of my parents raids....sad i know. I still remember the first time me and my buddies smoked concentrates was some pressed kief we made from a pollinator and put it in the vape...we were looking at the underside of the coffee table for about ten minutes before we could pull it together!

In terms of what vape I'm gonna get, thanks for all your input. I've actually been looking at some more vapes, and off suggestion from my boss actually, I came across the herborizer. I honestly think that the Herborizer looks better than the SSV and looks like it'll provide cleaner, fatter rips. Plus, the 18mm bowl looks like it'll fit into my water pipe. Has anyone tried it out - seen the vapor to air ratio etc? It looks like an awesome vaporizer - all glass; ability to easily filter through water or ice etc. Plus you can get one with a variable temp. The website isn't too great but there's more info on it on other sites. They're all hand-blown in France. Anyone out there who has tried one?

thanks

brennen,

max

Out to lunch
I honestly think that the Herborizer looks better than the SSV and looks like it'll provide cleaner, fatter rips.
Looks are subjective. Cleaner? Don't know exactly what you mean by that, but I can't think of any way to define it where it would be true. Both vapes are top quality. Fatter rips? Sure. It's more 'bong like'.

Anyone out there who has tried one?
I can see you haven't looked around in this 'Vaporizer Discussion' section. There are two threads on it.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
Brennen...get out that fog....please! :lol:
Yes the Herbo is goodlooking and really compact...from the bowl to the water there is about 15 cm...then bubbles in the sphere became vapor again but smoother and tasty!....no plastic man!
I'd like to do a comparision test with my Herbo and the SSV....what a big match! :ninja:

marcuss,
Top Bottom