SSV vs. The Extreme Vape

Honey Bear

The surfer is extremely efficient.
0.2 will get you RIPPED.
Get the ice chamber along with it, makes it way better imo.

Honey Bear,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I was thinking i can vape bud at a low temp and not really get a big rip to where i'm blowing out a cloud of vapor but just that i got all the thc in me. then maybe i could crank it up and get some more hits. I don't see that possible on ssv, i see it that i'm getting the heaviest vapor at almost the highest heat. (a little irrelevant though)
You can pretty much do this with any vape that has a variable control. I cant remember what the low end of the temp spectrum is for the Extreme but you can't really go wrong with SSV or Extreme. Based on the fact you want to be able to easily vape while leaving it on the floor, the logical choice is the Extreme. Since you like smaller hits, that is another reason to go with the Extreme although just because the SSV is capable of big hits, doesn;t mean you have to take huge hits, just like you don;t need to drive a sports car at 150 mph.

No need for analysis paralysis, either of these will work for you.

stonemonkey55,

joesalamon

Well i feel like I have been reading this website for hours... well it has been hours. I know I;m bringing an older thread back but I feel like I am in the exact same boat.

I have been researching vapes for a while and really have myself confused on which one I want.

So far the ones that interest me are the Extreme Vaporizer, Silver Surfer, I-Inhale, and Purple Days. I do not own a vape and have only smoked out of a volcano multiple times.

Money isnt a huge deal but of course its always nice to save money. I like having a lot of functions so the extreme right away caught my eye. There really isnt anything about the extreme that I dont like thats why I am having such a hard time making up my mind. I guess I feel I just dont want to make the wrong decision and regret my purchase later. I feel like there might be another revision of Extreme soon that might make me regret buying it right away.

Maybe someone elses input will help me finalize my decision and buy the Extreme or something else, haha. Please help!

joesalamon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
From my communications with Arizer, the models they are shipping out are they want it. I wouldn't worry about missing out on some changes.

stickstones,

Beezleb

My recommendation is that you think about what vaporizer fits your style and needs the best and go in that direction.

I originally was intrigued by the dual vapes like the extreme but after really looking my style I realized that for me that bags would be a rarely used novelty as I prefer the smoking type style and a whip fit that perfectly for me.

I also have no stealth needs, no real portable needs and I dont go to parties or anything like that so a whip vape fit me perfectly.

Good luck in your selection, for me it was like being a kid in a candy store hehe.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Your wish list is similar to what I have/want. I have the Genie for portability, the Extreme for parties and when I want a number of ways to get hi, and the PD which gets the most use right now since I mostly vape alone at night.

If I were you I would get the II first if portability is the most important thing to you, the SSV first if efficiency was of no concern and you had tons of weed to cruise through, the PD if you are mostly vaping alone and want to conserve your herb, and the E if you want to be more social and share the vapor with others and have the most options for consumption out of the box.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
I'd agree with stickstones' recommendations.

There really isnt anything about the extreme that I dont like
The Extreme is the only vape that'll give you exposure to all three vapor delivery methods-bag, and direct draw-with and without fan assist. Then, if you find you like whip use, you can consider another vape later on, to go with it. The Surfer for high vapor to air ratio, or the PD for high efficiency and some portability. I went with all three catagories myself-Surfer, PD, and herbalAire for bag use.

max,

joesalamon

Well I had this whole huge long thing typed out to respond with and then well... somehow i always mess it up and lose what I had wrote.

It looks like im leaning more and more towards the extreme. I do want something portable and thats probably a better idea to get one that is, but I just love the features of the extreme. On the other side I want something that is going to get me up there, very high. If its going to be with a group or not, it needs to do the job right.

If I buy the extreme im either going to be making the purchase of an II very very soon or a PD. I want the PD because because of the durability but the II is soooo portable it kind of sells me on it. Plus the review I read here about whoever vaporizing on the bus.. Sounds like good times.

I really just feel that silver surfer is not worth the money it costs. That if I was going to spend that much I might as well just build one for the significantly cheaper cost.

So I guess where Im heading towards is maybe I should get the Extreme. If I get the extreme where should I go for my next purchase?

joesalamon,

max

Out to lunch
I want something that is going to get me up there, very high.
We don't rank vapes according to 'how high' because vaporization is a simple process of heating to the right temp and then delivering the vapor. Most good name brand convection vapes do the job very well. If 'higher', to you, means closer to smoke, then you shouldn't consider the inhale, PD, or even the Extreme. The first two have set temps in the 'clean' range, and the Extreme's temp is limited. The SSV, or cheaper DBV, will go way past combustion temp. If you're looking for clean vapor, any of these will "do the job right".

max,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is worth getting an SSV if I aleady own an extreme? I really only use the whip mode. Break it out on occasion when theres company, or when I need to feel a lungbuster. :o Is it worth it to invest in a SSV? I just got my PD, which I love but am still acclimating to the smaller intakes per toke with it. I kinda miss the large ones capable from my extreme. Is the SSV that much different that the Extreme, would it be an upgrade? Or would it be basicaly a lateral move? :peace:

highendvapes,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Why not sell your extreme and buy an SSV then?

..I mean if you never use bags what's the point? From what I've heard the SSV serves up even fatter whip hit than the extreme too.

bluntfaced,

max

Out to lunch
If you pack the elbow screen instead of the cyclone bowl, your Extreme hits will be pretty much like the SSV.

max,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
bluntfaced said:
Why not sell your extreme and buy an SSV then?

..I mean if you never use bags what's the point? From what I've heard the SSV serves up even fatter whip hit than the extreme too.
:lol: It cant leave the collection, even if I dont use it much. Over the years I've accumulated}
1. a homemade lightbulb vape
2. cheap ass chinese box vape
3. Vapir classic portable
4. Vapir One V5.0
5. 2 Vapir mini O2 portables
6. a Arizer Extreme
7 . a Purple Days
8. a Iolite

I actually have several Extremes at the moment, but I sell them so I have to keep one around as a "demo" model of sorts.

And as for packing the elbow, that does produce a thick vapor. I've gone that route myself after reading one of Steves posts. I do like that, but its not a whole lot different than just using the cyclone bowl. Befoere I'm gonna throw away/ invest $250 on yet another vape it's gotta be better than the last. That list is in accordance with acquisition, so you can probaly see a pattern. I'm pretty sure that at the end of the collection there will be a volcano, but really, for that kinda money I have to try one in person first. I really cant see how it could be THAT much better than an Extreme. Any feedback on that one would be great.
I keep hearing great things about the SSV, but I heard that about my Iolite { both mouthpieces melted and broke within 4 hours} Of course I did like it when it had a mouthpiece, and had it not melted I would be praising it, not dissing it. It was a great vape for a couple of bowls.

Anybody wanna trade a SSV for an Extreme??? Let me know.

highendvapes,

Kushman

Does anybody got some new input to add to this. i just got my first job and cant decide between these two models. i smoke mostly by myself so there is no real need for bags. are the ssv hits that much richer than the fan powered extreme?are the extreme hits diluted alot compared to the ssv?

Kushman,

max

Out to lunch
You will get more air in your hits with the Extreme, vs. the SSV or DBV, unless you pack the elbow screen. And unless you're in love with the idea of having a digital vape, you'll have less chance of problems with the analog SSV/DBV. The Extreme has more glass to break as well. And with the FC discounts available in our recommended resellers thread, you can get a DBV for about $140. That's the way I'd go.

max,

thenughuffer

I say get the Extreme and the Purple days. i would say Purple Days over SSV any day, great quality very efficient. the extreme is great at bags and pretty good at whip once you figure it out - bowl system is nice, you can get it for 250 on ebay. fan assisted whip hits are great too.

thenughuffer,

vape4life

Banned for life
The SSV is great and gives super big thick hits, but there are so many things I eventually started to miss in the extreme-q like the digital temp control vs the dial on the ssv. Remote, bags (even if rarely), auto shut off, etc. and personally the pros on the Q outweighed the ones on the ssv for me.

I think the Q is the most versatile cost efficient best bang for your buck vape on the market today.

vape4life,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
This is a tough one to call for me. In ways the SSV is 'better' and same with the EQ. :hmm:

Of course, the EQ has the ability for bags, whip-assisted hits, and digital temp readout for easy reference points for preferred temps.

On the other hand, the skinnier and visible ceramic on the SSV is nice, and the airflow pattern seems to encourage more contact with the hot glass than the EQ (which has a much larger heating element and longer air path to compensate).

The swivel of the EQ can be nice for groups, as the 'ride the wave' hands-free on the SSV works pretty well too (it is easy enough to turn the unit for circles of people).

I lean towards the popcorn action of the herbs in the EQ cyclone bowl over the compacting of the herbs in the SSV (due to the even exposure to heat that the tumbling herbs gets, despite the more air that tends to come through with the vapor that is released). Some may prefer the more concentrated hits of the compacted herbs at the expense of not heating as evenly, due to tight air channels with increased convection (some even pack the elbow screen of the EQ to try to imitate this effect).

They both seem about even as far as durability IME, as well as ease of repair. Customer service can fluctuate, but I would give the slight edge to Arizer for the EQ in this department for their reliability and helpfulness.

The SSV has more options for custom colors and such, but CD (here at FC) is making some parts for the EQ, which changes that a bit.

Pricewise, the SSV is slightly more (IME). Overall, I find myself gravitating towards the EQ when I have access to both (due to features, ease of use, even heating, etc). However, the SSV sees its action too (usually when topping herbs with extracts for the 'thick and quick' due to the downhill flow of the SSV instead of the EQ's popcorning or upside down elbow screen pack).

It all comes down to personal preference, but I like these comparisons (especially when they are done from the standpoint of what draws that particular individual to that unit over the other, while recognizing any trade-offs that there are).

Hope this additional opinion helps. :)

Progress,
Top Bottom