SSV vs. The Extreme Vape

marcuss

above the clouds
everybody here knows that the SSV is a 1st class vape but i'm sure that dealing and talking about it as the best vape on the planet will take people thinking at this vape like a myth....like the former bad myth('cano) i'm bored to hear all the same claims!
I'm actually without supply problems and i'd like to explain that i don't believe the statement that your vape is better than others 1st class vapes, when the supply isn't a issue!
When you fill up a good vape with good fresh stuff will be hard to be unsatisfied....ahh...sorry but i don't know nothing about cars...believe me...if the fuel is hi-grade you will be super fast with Ferrari and Maserati the same.
Then...maybe in the US everybody is hipe about SSV but here in Europe is one of the others vapes after the Cano, so your meter is relative to what you see but it isn't THE METER...hope you agree with me...the world is bigger than USA.....hopefully!
It is not semantic...... it is reality!
I don't mind if it is or it is not a work for you but i see a forced one way in your statements, if you were a SSV owner i just thought he loves his new vape but from a serious vaporist like you i do hope more neutrality!

This being said the time to get a bombocloth SSV is closer for me and i'm very happy to test this unbelievable piece of art!.....hope you can get a Herbo to open your knowledge to others 1st class bombocloth vapes!!

enjoy the vapor :D

marcuss,

tokinGLX

marcuss said:
When you fill up a good vape with good fresh stuff will be hard to be unsatisfied....ahh...sorry but i don't know nothing about cars...believe me...if the fuel is hi-grade you will be super fast with Ferrari and Maserati the same.
i never at all meant to imply that another quality vape would leave the user unsatisfied. just not as satisfied. and that i stand by.

you say that you want neutrality from me, but i say that i want to use the vaporizer that puts the biggest shit eating grin on my face after a hit. and then sometimes i just feel like getting online and telling(or showing the video) people of it. this doesnt mean that other vaporizers may not be the right one for those people. this just means i really like this one. my opinion. if i came across another unit that i liked, i would be talking about it as well.
tac, i am certain that the growers that i know that all adore their surfers have not tried every vape that the market has to offer. but that does not mean that they do not still think that their surfer is the best.

the point i was getting at with cars is that if a person likes fast cars, they want, ideally, the fastest car.
(ferrari/maserati is a bad example to use, because mas is owned by fer. perhaps it is best to be using ferrari vs fiat)a new corvette and a ferrari are both absurdly fast cars, but to the ferrari owner, his car is better because it is just a little faster than that corvette, and the vette owner knows it.
metaphor overkill
(':

i am not trying to stir any harsh feelings, but i am not afraid to let my opinion be known. that is why i made the claim that i did, and i stand by it.

most serious gardners will not have much problems spending all kinds of money on all kinds of things. but many serious gardners are not rampant profiteers and they still have to get by on a budget, and they look at the herbo as a LOT of glass. it looks a lot liek the typical amsterdam coffeshop house vape, so im sure it rips like a champ, but as every stoner knows, glass breaks. when the herbo can survive the hammer test, you can be sure i will be looking into it more thoroughly.

semantics never bothered me, if it is somehing i said/typed i will be happy to either clarify or admit that whatever it was that i typed was some stoned babbling that didnt actually make much sense. thats the great thing about the interwebs and forums, everything that is said/typed can be reviewed and looked into, unlike verbal conversation which is oftentimes dictated by what i can remembr in my stoner mind at the time. plus, when writing lengthy replies, i tend to delete lines/blocks of text and jump around occasionaly, so every now and then something i type just plain dont make sense.
(':

tokinGLX,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
yes the 'issue' here is the wording you used.

This is the quote in question, afiak.
if you will be growing, then i can assure you that the ssv is the best pick for you to go with. i have been around a lot of growers and consent is unanimous that the ssv IS the growers choice vape.
I know you're just promoting the ssv because it's a great vape and I do it too. But, that quote does sort of read like it's stating indisputable fact instead of your own (honest) experience and opinion. Probably the ssv IS a great pick for AoZ (who the comment was initially directed at) but maybe not the best, maybe he'll end up wanting bags. Who knows. Marcuss is a gardener and the ssv isn't HIS choice (yet :D).

Picky assholes aren't we? :D

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, its true, but spyder took his rants way too far, to the point where it was just bitching

i agree that what tokinglx said was sloppily phrased, but its probably true in his experience, but thats exactly what it is... his experience
the argument is that he was touting it like it was a fact, and its a case of if he had added a :2c: or an "ime" he wouldnt be suffering the wrath of the fact police

teh internetz is serious business, theres no room for sloppily worded generalizations here

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah it's stupid but I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page on what we were arguing about. :lol:

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I'm a believer in the SSV. I am also a believer in the Extreme. Quality wise, the SSV gives better hits but I have noticed I need to use different temps for different herbs. The Extreme is really easy to calibrate and the thickness of the vapor that collects in the bag on the slowest fan speed rivals the whip hits from the SSV. I love both units, you can't go wrong with either. I'm glad I didn't spend another $500 on a new Evolution, I got two new vaporizers that kick but for $600 instead. The versatility is really nice because I used to love smoking joints, blunts, and bongs and with the Extreme, I have vaporizer versions of those options.

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i guess for me, it comes down to if im satisfied with the vaporstar as a direct draw type system, and if i want the bags

Acolyte of Zinglon,

marcuss

above the clouds
hey tokinGLX....i don't want to change your mind....but please....be realistic!
Anybody can take his conclusion!
then peace to all free vaporist....i stop here!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
stonemonkey55 said:
I assume I have the latest generation Extreme. Highest temp is 260 C
Just to be clear, the maximum temp hasn't changed, only the location of the temp sensor. Twice. :rolleyes:

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yeah, I just wanted to clarify which model for the Extreme. Based on what I read, first gen max temp reads 360, and the newer one's read 260...correct?

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

stonemonkey55 said:
Yeah, I just wanted to clarify which model for the Extreme. Based on what I read, first gen max temp reads 360, and the newer one's read 260...correct?
1st Gen: 350C
2nd Gen: 250C
3rd Gen: 260C

The thing to remember here is there is nothing different about any of these units except for where the heat sensor is placed.

eLiguL,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
it would be nice to be able to hack the software and change the maximum temp... the temp limit is the only thing that really puts me off about the extreme

i would like to see one with the new sensor location, but have the max temperature be 350, so it can get hot enough to do anything...
i dont really like artificial limitations even if they are placed to help people

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I understand that the limit on the temp is frustrating, I wish there was a bit more flexibilitity with temp as the entire unit is very flexible in it's use. Being that I am only vaping the same material, I don't mind that it is calibrated for herbal medicine that we all love.

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, i honestly think that if there werent the temperature limitation, there wouldnt be any question in my mind about getting the extreme over the ssv... its probably something more psychological for me, but i dont like when companies dumb down their products, becaue theres a point where the poduct becomes way too user friendly, and that puts me off because im a technogeek and i like to be able to use the product to its full potential of customization

thats also one of the major problems i have with windows... if there were good games that were supported in linux, i wouldnt use windows at all and use linux full time

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I can honestly say that you cannot go wrong with either one. My friends are IN LOVE with the bags and the Extreme. The SSV is also popular, I've dialed it in pretty good now. At the end of the day, I took a ice chilled, VRIPtech hit to end the evening. Nice to have some variety and new toys to play with

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well its comforiting to know that whichever decision i make itll be the right one :D
ill still be obsessing in my little corner over which one i think is better though, and that opinion will probably change many times

you say thicker isnt always better? thats actually the first time ive heard that ive heard that... ive been misled!
how satisfied are you with the direct draw on the extreme? does it hold its own in whip mode?

edit: oh wait.. was that a defferent thread? damn i cant remember :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
It's just my personal preference. I guess when you are younger, you want the biggest, fattest hits no matter what. I still like big, fat hits but I do see a point where there the thicker the vapor, doesn't always give me the most pleasure. I like tasty, fresh vapor, and when it gets that thick in the bag, I think some of it is sacrificed (or there might be some smoke mixed in, not 100% sure on either). With that said, I don't really use the whip mode in the Extreme mode unassisted with the fan. I just haven't mastered it yet so I use the fan as a crutch to keep the herb a certain temp for consistant vape. I found when I was drawing the air myself, I would get the top screen clogged (since it's smaller). Honestly, if I had to make one pick, I think I'm leaning towards the SSV due to it being a bit more sturdy... but it really does come down to preference. I am glad that I have both and don't regret getting both of them.

stonemonkey55,

Beezleb

I dont think its really fair to compare these vapes as equals as the extreme is a multipurpose vape and the ssv is only direct draw.

Pretty much the SSV wins its class and I would say the same for the extreme as a multi use vape but if you go to toe to toe it is hard to find people who would argue the extreme is better at direct draw but honestly they both are good no real wrong decision and add in personal preferences and the issue gets more cloudy.

I recommend the extreme for mulitpurpose vapes and for direct draw I tend to recommend the SSV, Da Buddha and/or warez 3g all depending on what the asking persons preferences and style is.

I had originally thought of going with a multipurpose vape but after reflection I really didnt care about bags and when Da Buddha came out I jumped at that and couldnt be happier.

I believe a vape should be selected on what best meets the persons needs and style.

Beezleb,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, thats what i was thinking as well, im still leaning towards the ssv myself then getting the extreme when i want bags, but i still dont see myself using bags all that often

does a lower temp give more hits off the ssv? have you tried stsarting lo and moving up? cause i think that would be nice and organic, starting with a more heady high then moving to more of a body high as you go

if i get an ssv i plan to mark around the temperature dial the minimum and maximum temps to use with various herbs, to make it simpler

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
im still leaning towards the ssv myself then getting the extreme when i want bags, but i still dont see myself using bags all that often
I have a herbalAire ready to go (just turn it on, load and pop on a bag) on a daily basis and just don't use it anymore. My wife's acceptance (to put it mildly) of the PD for easily measured hits has made bags pretty much obsolete in my house. I'll crank it up for company, but otherwise.... Some do like bagged vapor though, but I've found that I prefer it via direct draw.

does a lower temp give more hits off the ssv? have you tried stsarting lo and moving up? cause i think that would be nice and organic, starting with a more heady high then moving to more of a body high as you go
Starting low and increasing the temp is exactly the way I use the Surfer. Starting at a higher temp is a lot less efficient aside from the high. And at what point I stop the increase varies according to my mood and what I've got in the bowl. I don't go as hot with lower grade as I do with the higher quality herb and when I've got kief added.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I too prefer starting low and getting tastier vapor...It would be nice if the SSV had an on/off switch but it's easy enough to find the right temp without it

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
It would be nice if the SSV had an on/off switch
It would be nice if switches never failed too. As it is, I prefer finding the starting point with the temp knob vs. having an internal switch. You can easily add a cheap inline switch to the AC cord or plug the Surfer into a power strip/surge protector and turn it on/off with that, while keeping your temp knob at the desired position.

max,
Top Bottom