Todai

Congrats! Which bubbler did you get? I grabbed the Ben Wilson 6-Arm off ALT and couldn't be happier with it. Hooked up to the SSV makes for some amazing pulls.

Todai,

Vitolo

Vaporist
:brow:
I love a deal!
Photoon2011-05-25at1749.jpg

I love my glass aroma top for my SSV.
They just designed a new one with more "head room" for customized Heater Covers.. so that the aroma top doesn't touch. I use the old type, and it works great... I have not turned my SSV off or removed the diffuser other than to clean it a couple of times.
The diffuser you see in the image above is the 1/2 price of what I paid!
Check it out!.
Glass Oil Diffusers

Vitolo,

Todai

I've never tried any aromatherapy, but you can use the diffuser and vape out of the SSV at the same time? Hmmm, I guess I just assumed you can do one or the other. Nice to know! Thankd for the heads up on the sale, Vito!

I recently sprung for a custom glass kit. It's really nice to have a heater cover, wand, knob, and mouthpiece that all match perfectly!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/001zcd.jpg

Todai

Todai,

Vitolo

Vaporist
That is a bad ass setup Todai!
to make it show for all.. touch the image icon at top of post edit window.. and stick that same URL in there!
Very nice custom setup!!! :brow:

Vitolo,

Hage

Hey, been loving to do my thing, the SSV is the best ever... I have a question, I typically cook at about 3 o'clock. Lately I noticed that after a good 10 or 15, the element seems to get "hotter" because the plant gets charred and I have to turn it down a bit. Plus, when that happens, it kills the bowl quick as shit. Which is a bummer lol.

Anyways, anyone have any advice? Normal or abnormal?

Hage,

weedemon

enthusiast
Ill bet that has something to do with particle size/the screen maybe getting a lil clogged?

after a bunch of hits and a lot of stirring i find the bowl breathed a lot harder than it did when it was fresh. as a result less air is coming though or in effect you are hitting it slower than when you started.

When my screen is getting clogged i just empty out my bowl and turn the surfer up to max heat. I hit it while it's empty and vape off any hash oil clogging up my screen. after this it works like a charm again! :)

weedemon,

turtles

seing as it's not particularly hard to adjust the look of the dial, how do you know what time on a clockface it's at?
I've just been leaving mine on and then when I'm ready I dial back and use the color of the heating element to tell if its where I like it

turtles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
"Use The Force, Luke"
"My Spidey Senses are tingling'.

Give it a few days.. you' ll know just what to do. 12 Noon is considered 1/2 power on the available turn of the dial.

Vitolo,

Qbit

cannabanana
Hey I've had an SSV for a week now and I'm wondering, where is the normal position for the dial to turn on and off? (I'm guessing about 9 o'clock.) Obviously talk of 12 or 1 o'clock isn't going to make much sense without a starting point for a dial that can be fixed at any position.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
Vitolo said:
Off's at about 7:30 top of dial is around 5:30

Cheers, V. :)

Actually that's about where I meant too, as a 7:30 off position makes the lowest setting which is still on at 9 o'clock. But thanks again for confirming.

Qbit,

weedemon

enthusiast
once you find the spot you like your ssv dialed in at, I recommend you pull the knob off and set it at the 12 position. this way you can very easily dial your ssv in to the right temp from now on! :)

weedemon,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I tend to vape with my SSV at about 3 when I'm putting it through water (or the vapor tamer) - Which is most of the time. I tend to go for closer to 1-1.30ish when just using the mouthpiece.

3 o'clock gives me nice, dark brown ABV (it turns out a little bit lighter than my solo on 4, if that helps anyone)
I might have to re-try it at 12ish though... I remember 12 not giving me much of a cloud, and ABV that was closer to a light brown/yellow, but I don't think I've hit a wand at 12 until it stops giving me vapor, then cranked it up to 3 to finish...
More things to try... *Yay* :brow:

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what type of vapor tamer I have;
The little glass mound is quite close to the top, and is clear glass. I remember reading a few pages back that this was indicative of a fatty vapor tamer. However, when I go n the 7th Floor website, the fatty vapor tamer looks different to my one (almost like the aspect ratio of the picture was changed) s I'm not sure...
I haven't noticed any significant drag with it, if that makes a difference.

Also, I wouldn't recommend others try this, but I was putting a screen in the bottom of my vapor tamer to stop any wayward particles from getting through, and after i finished my wand (I only really get enough time for 1 wand, maybe 2 before the vapor tamer isn't really cooling anything anymore - about 10-15 mins) I had an idea:
I loaded the bottom of my vapor tamer with herb (where you would normally insert the hose) and held that up to my SSV. It created a seal just fine, and vaped well - and there was a definite difference in flavor as there was no tubing.
The only reasons I wouldn't recommend doing this is because
1 - I don't feel comfortable heating up the Vapor Tamer so quickly straight from the freezer - I could see thermal shock doing some damage there.
2 - I am pretty confident that you could easily heat the glycerine to over 95 degrees (I'm assuming it's 95F? - that would be 35C) and I don't want superheated glycerine contained within a sealed glass tube right in front of my face...
It was an interesting experiment though.

Frederick McGuire,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The VT is safe to draw heat through.
Don't use overly hot water to clean a frozen Vaper tamer
It is safe to get near heat.
The VT gets a screen and was made to be loaded and stuck DIRECTLY onto the LSV which is a hotter situation then on the SSV.
There is a screen in my VT (same size as the SSV screen) all of the time.
I use the tube with VT on SSV for convenience, and handling.
I load the VT and use it direct all of the time with no trouble.. as is explained in the directions. ;)

Vitolo,

Hage

Hey guys, thanks for the replies! Um, I'm only checking this the next day because last night was Sour D time and needless to say I felt great lol.

I think I figured it out, I put a new screen, the old one had a little charred spot and I think that it was increasing the heat once the screen itself got really hot and caused the temp in the bowl to increase. Something like that, because last night I didn't have any problems.

Yo Vitolo, I thought 3 was a good temp? I thought I read some vaping at 3, well when it's running properly, it produces these massive hits lol. I typically don't get huge plumes on lower temps.

Thanks guys!

Hage,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use noon. Many use 1 on the dial
Massive clouds start at 2nd or 3rd hit. Be sure to stir well between hits

Vitolo,

EtherLeak

LearningToFly
New SSV and new Leisure 15 arm bubbler...

P1000493.jpg

P1000497.jpg

Getting some nice hits off the bubbler and the SSV is one rocking device! :D

EtherLeak,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Haha looks all the fun there EtherLeak! You'll love it even more when your standard glass arrives!

psyshaman,

Hage

EtherLeak said:
New SSV and new Leisure 15 arm bubbler...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z221/braincandy_2007/P1000493.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z221/braincandy_2007/P1000497.jpg

Getting some nice hits off the bubbler and the SSV is one rocking device! :D

So gorgeous, enjoy it my friend!

Vitolo said:
I use noon. Many use 1 on the dial
Massive clouds start at 2nd or 3rd hit. Be sure to stir well between hits

Ohhh, ok, awesome, I'm gonna give it a try... RIGHT NOW! lol :lol:

mod note: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit button. You can quote manually - Posts merged.

Hage,
Top Bottom