max

Out to lunch
Hage said:
I thought I read some vaping at 3, well when it's running properly, it produces these massive hits lol. I typically don't get huge plumes on lower temps.
Assuming your unit turns on at around 7-8, 3 would be a high temp setting. Sure you'll get big clouds of high temp vapor, but starting at a high temp wastes your herb. Starting lower and moving up the temp as your vapor trails off is much more efficient.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
TIP:
If you have a favorite hand blown glass SSV stir tool that breaks..
while you are waiting for your replacement, you can sand a wine bottle cork down to any size/shape to like.. and jam the non pointy end of the stir tool in there firmly. You'll have a great temporary tool while you are waiting! (You may even find another Vape oriented use for it!)
Photoon2011-09-02at0949.jpg

Vitolo,

max

Out to lunch
Good tip Vito. And if your wine bottle doesn't have a cork, you can also stick a piece of cheese on the end and snack and stir at the same time. ;)

max,

Hage

Thanks max, I'm actually learning a lot today. I'm vaping at 1ish right now, through my bong-converted ice chamber. winning.

Hage,

Todai

I use a Ben Wilson bubbler with my SSV and normally vape at 2:00pm on the dial from the first hit until the last. Maybe a bit on the high temp side, but the clouds are thick and tasty.

Todai

Todai,

Qbit

cannabanana
weedemon said:
once you find the spot you like your ssv dialed in at, I recommend you pull the knob off and set it at the 12 position. this way you can very easily dial your ssv in to the right temp from now on! :)

Sounds like a good trick, but I like working at various different temps. I'm having a nice afternoon toke right now, at a 10:30 setting. But by late evening, I'll be dialled up past 1 o'clock.

Qbit,

spleep

Well my SSV arrived! its quite wonderful, have taken some pics, just have to work out how to post em here..

spleep,

weedemon

enthusiast
spleep said:
Well my SSV arrived! its quite wonderful, have taken some pics, just have to work out how to post em here..

to post a picture are you familiar with [square braket] + IMG ? code tags? you use "[" and "]" brackets around the code "img" with your url link inside. I will try to show you.

i'm going to use ( and ) instead because otherwise it would try to post a picture.

so first off go to the website tinypic and uplaod your image. then once you have it copy the url of the link

Like this: http://i53.tinypic.com/t8kf36.jpg
at he beginning of it add (img) and at the end of the link you add (/img) you need to remember to add the "/" before the img on the 2nd bracket. :)

then add (img)http://i53.tinypic.com/t8kf36.jpg(/img)

and it will post it like this:
t8kf36.jpg

that's all there is to it!

weedemon,

EtherLeak

LearningToFly
Once you have the image url you can also hit Ctrl+p and copy it into the window that pops up :)

EtherLeak,

Qbit

cannabanana
Saturday evening here, and I've had a wandful of weed going since early this afternoon starting from low temp and creeping up. Nice. :cool:

Qbit,

spleep

many thanks weedemon and etherleak here tis!

4d27d053.jpg

d870100a.jpg

only had a cupla goes on it so far, but it was super, great clouds and massive stoning, learning curve for me was zero, very easy to use, very happy!

spleep,

weedemon

enthusiast
nice pics man! thats a sexy ssv! i like your dial on the front! and hte red on your HC /wand too! looks sharp!

weedemon,

Melizzard

Hey SSV fans,

I live near Colorado Springs, so have access to the 7th Floor shop. I have been having problems getting weed in my tubing over and over again. Figured I wasn't changing out the screens right, so I stopped changing them and started soaking the entire wand in iso. Still had the problem, so I took the wand down to 7th Floor and had them put the new screen in since I obviously was messing things up. Changed out the tubing, so I had a clean screen, clean wand, clean tube. Still getting weed in my tube. WTF?

Can anyone help me fix this? Somehow I just hate when it comes up the tube and gets in my mouth/throat ... even the SSV folks said it wasn't supposed to do that. Given there aren't many "moving parts," not sure why I'm having this problem.

Suggestions?

Mel

PS - I know there are other posts on this topic, but I'll be damned if I could find them on a search. Just brought up the entire SSV thread ...

Melizzard,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Make certain that your screen is in dome up.
When you stir between hits, stir after the hit.. not before.
Stir is best done when herb is freshly warm from a hit.
Stir upward to loosen the herb.
If you stir when weed is cooled, it becomes dust and can pull through and around screen.
Don't stir roughly... upward and lightly.
A rough stir will always set you up for weed to come through on the next pull.
airflo.jpg

spleep

hey bwade wunner, yeah i can't speak for the Extreme Q as i've never used it, however before getting my SSV ive been using the Iolite (with the much maligned optimiser, i think it is very effective btw). There is quite a large difference between the two, the SSV produces quite thick vapor very quickly, and also has a more hands on feel than the iolite. There are many other differences between the two however, ultimately, they both get you really stoned.
If you are ordering the SSV and paying with $AU, i'd suggest buying from Seventh floor direct, with our Dollar the way it is you can walk away with a brand new SSV for quite an awesome price!
all the best and heres another pic:
4c175aae.jpg

spleep,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used the Q extensively.
It is difficult to get a cloud 1/2 as thick as what I can get from my SSV.
I have or have had so many vapes... the SSV is a constant.

Vitolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I can all but guarantee that you will be more than pleased with your SSV :brow:

Its a great by yourself toy, or share with (closer) friends as in my opinion its a more intimate vape.

And yes, it MORE than delivers :D

AGBeer,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
u bwade wunner said:
Hi

beautiful surfer spleep.nice choice.I am considering getting one of these vapes.i have a question? has anyone compared the clouds coming from this and the Extreme Q....hmm.I guess i ll get one any way..I am becoming a collecter.... i guess i need to know is it worth the investment $300 or should i just continue using my Q.

on a side note I fired up a bag on my vape friday night hit it and went to dinner at a restauraunt with some friends avoided alcohol and was still feeling the smiling happy effects late into the evening.just one bag all night,i could never have gone partying after smoking a joint.we just need our Australian Govt allow us get some of that yummy US style medical herb.:)
If you are doing elbow packs in the Q then i dont think you are gonna see $300 worth of difference stepping up to the SSV :2c:

SF Giant,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have done elbow packs in the Q for 6 months now.
It comes NOTHING close to the hits I get from the SSV.
In my opinion....the SSV is well worth the investment... more so than the Q!
Knowing the 2 as I do now......
*If I had my SSV and no extreme.. I would stay as I was.
*If I had my Extreme Q and no SSV... I would buy an SSV in a heartbeat! :2c:

Vitolo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Vitolo said:
I have done elbow packs in the Q for 6 months now.
It comes NOTHING close to the hits I get from the SSV.
In my opinion....the SSV is well worth the investment... more so than the Q!
Knowing the 2 as I do now......
*If I had my SSV and no extreme.. I would stay as I was.
*If I had my Extreme Q and no SSV... I would buy an SSV in a heartbeat! :2c:

100% same opinion on that comparison. I even sold my Q ...

FLskwat,

EtherLeak

LearningToFly
spleep said:
If you are ordering the SSV and paying with $AU, i'd suggest buying from Seventh floor direct, with our Dollar the way it is you can walk away with a brand new SSV for quite an awesome price!

That is one lovely looking SSV!!!

Thinking I should or ordered direct from 7th floor myself...I ordered from the 7th floor ebay stroe as they had a discount on blemished SSV units...unfortunately you don't get many options with colors and no options with base plate colors...But the only blemish is a small chip near the top of the unit which isn't very noticeable and I've ordered and black base plate...After having mine for about 5 days now I agree that SSV is definitely the beez kneez!!! :D

EtherLeak,
Top Bottom