turtles

spleep said:
hey bwade wunner, yeah i can't speak for the Extreme Q as i've never used it, however before getting my SSV ive been using the Iolite (with the much maligned optimiser, i think it is very effective btw). There is quite a large difference between the two, the SSV produces quite thick vapor very quickly, and also has a more hands on feel than the iolite. There are many other differences between the two however, ultimately, they both get you really stoned.
If you are ordering the SSV and paying with $AU, i'd suggest buying from Seventh floor direct, with our Dollar the way it is you can walk away with a brand new SSV for quite an awesome price!
all the best and heres another pic:
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/spleep/4c175aae.jpg
What kind of wand is this? I just picked up a second SSV unit with the GonG socket and I'm intrigued as to what yours is, it looks ground glass, but still handheld (my preference)

also, how does the fatty want compare to the standard one? Does it cook differently or is it merely more?

turtles,

Qbit

cannabanana
Heh nice name there, U Bwade Wunner. Makes me think, "Be vewy, vewy quiet, we're hunting wepwicants."

Qbit,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There are 3 wand/HC setups.
Photoon2011-08-20at2058.jpg

What spleep has there is a "spherical HC and Wand" (in my hand to your right)

Vitolo,

spleep

Vitolo said:
There are 3 wand/HC setups.
What spleep has there is a "spherical HC and Wand" (in my hand to your right)

indeed i do! Ive never tried the other wand/heater cover options so can't really speak for them, however i can't imagine the end result in using any would be too much different..
On a side note i lent my SSV to a neighbor (who smokes a loy more than me, everyday) for a few days, he generally smokes joints, and like many of us in Australia, he always mixes tobacco in with his weed when rolling, i suggested to him that when he use the SSV he uses straight grass and no tobacco. He returned it yesterday and reported that he found the stoning from vaporizing very different to smoking, he said it made him feel very 'dynamic' and that he had plenty of energy and found himself staying up quite late after using it. I wonder if that difference of experience was due to the Vapeing rather than smoking of weed or the lack of tobacco in the mix, or maybe a combination of both??
anyway, since ive got it back now, and since im not working today, and since ive got the house to myself, i wonder if 8.35am is too early to fire it up!?

spleep,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vaping weed or tobacco leaves one more dynamic feeling, for absence of tars and carbon monixide.

It's never too early to "Ride the wave"! ;)

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
spleep, it's never too early, but keep the fire out of it!! ;) I've found vaping doesn't make me as tired, but often I just keep vaping until I DO get tired... There are different chemicals that release at different temperatures I hear, but I haven't studied it, just experimented with vaping at different temps. I'm sure someone will post a link, I'm not into searching right now.

Sometimes I'll get on the FC chat and vape through the wee hours of the morning!

cluffy,

turtles

So I just re-read Vitolo's breakdown of the three types. I was wondering if anyone here could give me input on fatty vs. regular wand? Just looking for your personal expieriences

also, the difference between ground spherical and regular, it almost seems aesthetic at some point?
edit* was looking closely at the pictures of the heater covers on the SSV website, is it angled differently and thats the biggest change?

I'm in love with my current standard set up, but I just got a second SSV to keep at my girlfriends place (transporting them makes me nervous of potential damage) and it's GonG hands free which isn't my cup of tea (I have a habit of leaving it in for awhile and then taking a slow hit, accidentally charring or burning my medication)

turtles,

turtles

cluffy said:
I dunno turtles, I'd say the price is a pretty big difference!
Money comes and goes, if I have to pony up a few bucks I can do it. I don't want to spend my money frivilously, but you know... feasible and what not if the consensus is good

turtles,

max

Out to lunch
spleep said:
I wonder if that difference of experience was due to the Vapeing rather than smoking of weed or the lack of tobacco in the mix, or maybe a combination of both??
Tobacco is a stimulant, due to the nicotine. Smoke itself, is not, so the difference is mostly vapor vs. smoke. Vitolo's comment is dead on. A fresh hit of vapor will normally perk you up, even if it's late and you're about to fall asleep.

max,

Greeney

So guys my surfer broke... I'm not sure what happened, ultimately it seems like the knob itself has stopped working. It feels incredibly rough to twist and there is no click for on / off almost as if the gears in the switch itself have grinded off.

Any help would be great, ive had a bit of trouble getting in contact with 7th floor the past few days so I figured ya'll were perfect to ask.

Thanks,
JG

Greeney,

turtles

Greeney said:
So guys my surfer broke... I'm not sure what happened, ultimately it seems like the knob itself has stopped working. It feels incredibly rough to twist and there is no click for on / off almost as if the gears in the switch itself have grinded off.

Any help would be great, ive had a bit of trouble getting in contact with 7th floor the past few days so I figured ya'll were perfect to ask.

Thanks,
JG
take the nob off and turn just the little stub from the potentiometer

turtles,

Greeney

turtles said:
Greeney said:

Thanks,
JG
take the nob off and turn just the little stub from the potentiometer

Yeah I was took all of the glass off
Even on the metal stub there isn't any tension still won't turn on =\

Greeney,

Vitolo

Vaporist
This sounds like a job for 7th Floor alright!

Note:
I would like to share why it may be hard to get in touch with our friends in the Vapor Industry (Herbal Vaporizers/Aroma Diffusers/Ecigs).
Next week in Las Vegas is the "Vegas Vapefest", on Sept. 16th and 17th
The guys here in Tucson are all getting ready for this and have been super busy.
Same goes for most of the Vaporizer makers. They all are working overtime (Resellers and parts dealers are also involved)
I am not making excuses for anyone... just letting you know a few folks have been vaporizing the candle at both ends.

Vitolo,

turtles

interesting, I just sent an email about the possibility of a color changing wand, guess I shouldn't expect a response soon

turtles,

MacRadish

Greeney said:
Even on the metal stub there isn't any tension still won't turn on =\

I shipped an SSV to a vacation destination once and it arrived damaged to the point where the knob/shaft did nothing. Figuring the heater was still good, I opened the base and electrically bypassed the circuit board and sure enough had full heat. I sealed it back up and eventually added a standard incandescent light dimmer outside and along the power cable so I wouldn't have to use draw speed to control temp.

I was not concerned about voiding the warranty and it has functioned fine for 3 vacations in 3 years.

MacRadish,

cluffy

Vaker
Go MacRadish!
"I void warranties" !!!

My DBV power cord frayed and I was advised not to fix it myself because the weld inside would be a hassle. Turn out it was just JB weld (I think). A little pressure and it broke right off!

cluffy,

Wario

First I would like to say the SSV is an amazing product and worthy of purchase. If you are on the fence, make the jump.

However mine broke today! The glass knob no longer clicks when I try and turn on the SSV. And the light goes on and off when ever it feels like. I think the dials broke or something, was working a treat yesterday too!

Although I have always been delicate with the glass knob as it felt a bit dodgy, so maybe its always been broken. Had it for maybe 6 months.

When It arrived originally it came with the wrong wand/heater cover and the wrong plug but they were pretty fast to send me a new wand/heater cover and I got a euro to UK plug converter.

Thank god for that 3 year warranty! Tempted to get an extended warranty now haha. Guess I'll call em Monday.

Anyway fantastic device but will have to rely on flight box for now. Anyone else had issue with the glass knob? Is it meant to be be a little fragile?

Wario,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Funnily enough the glass knob has also been a problem for me, and meant I had to send it all the way back to the US (there's now a distributor in the UK to do the repairs over here). Basically my knob/switch blew up with a loud pop when I turned it on one day. Since getting it repaired I've only used the dial as a heater control, and actually use the mains switch for on and off. Seems the switch is one of the few weak points on this vape under normal use.

WatTyler,

Wario

WatTyler said:
Funnily enough the glass knob has also been a problem for me, and meant I had to send it all the way back to the US (there's now a distributor in the UK to do the repairs over here). Basically my knob/switch blew up with a loud pop when I turned it on one day. Since getting it repaired I've only used the dial as a heater control, and actually use the mains switch for on and off. Seems the switch is one of the few weak points on this vape under normal use.

Repairs in the UK? If I ordered from the US site can I still send it there? Suppose I'll find out when I get hold of them.

That plug trick is a good tip. I always gritted my teeth when I turned it off & on it felt so flimsy. Cheers WatTyler

Wario,

Hage

spleep said:
A fresh hit of vapor will normally perk you up, even if it's late and you're about to fall asleep.

this is true, and while it doesn't "wake you up" if you are about to sleep after, but if you're up for a while, it "wakens" you. does that make sense to anyone? lol

Hage,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hage said:
... does that make sense to anyone? lol
I must not overanalyze....
...indeed I should not analyze at all,
I must rather walk the trail...
...each time I hear the call,
To walk the Vapor Trail...
..... my sanity to save,
I walk into my Vapor Chamber
... and simply RIDE THE WAVE! :cool:
SSV.png

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Medical Corner
DSC00132.jpg

When Nausea the monster that brings grown men to their knees rears his ugly head... I have learned that concentrating on aromas that I have created... which I find pleasant brings me to a more positive place.
We all know that Vaporizing herbs will relieve nausea.
The image shows how easily one can combine aromatherapy and vaporization to Put Nausea behind you! ;)

Vitolo,
Top Bottom