• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
note: this thread goes way off topic till about post #27.

Let's talk about the SSV!

Clean convection, streamlined design, efficient, durable, customizable.

ssv.jpg

Solid anodized aluminum, custom borosilicate glass parts and accessories, fully-encased alumina ceramic heater, thick swappable acrylic base.

Review in the works.

ssv2.jpg

This thing is well made and hits hard! I'm using it right now. :D

With this ice chamber / vapor bong which cools, filters and moisturizes the vapor
ice-chamber.jpg

This one was made by the same people who make the SSV.

note: this thread goes way off topic till about post #27.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Looks like it's you and me, bud.

Let's get this party started!
Hey, bro.

Yeah it's pretty quiet in here, hopefully not for long. :D

:cheers:

vtac,
Reactions: nigel

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I love the look and feel of your site...and those pics of the Silver Surfer are sweet! Maybe we should just start a bunch of threads to get the hits that drive people over.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thanks! I tried to tweak the colors so that it was easy on sensitive eyes.

While nice colors probably won't draw too many posters, I think intelligent and relevant conversation just might.

I've surfed some other vaporizer centric forums and there seemed to be a lot of misinformation and trolling. Plus, we've got a cool domain name. :D

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Agreed...a lot of bullshit out there. I only found one forum site that had any good content on it and the traffic was way slow and there were prople on their pimping their vape to boost sales.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yep, most of the vaporizer websites I've come across seem to be run by the companies themselves or are tied into an online reseller.

I mean it's cool if end users like their vaporizer and want to tell people about it, but yeah, unbiased opinions, please.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This is cool. We got our own private little forum here!

What drove you to put this site together...it looks like a lot of work!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
I read somewhere about someone manipulating the kind of high they got (stoned vs high) by using different temps. You know anything about that?
Marijuana has several active compounds called cannabinoids. Different cannabinoids produce different effects.

The high temperatures of combustion tend to destroy some of the lighter cannabinoids. Combustion also produces bad things such as carcinogens.

From what I've read, the human body sends antibodies to fight off the carcinogens immediately after they are ingested from smoking. This can produce a noticeable sensation which people associate with being high.

Vaporizing tends to result in a more energetic, cerebral buzz. Probably due to more THC and less of the heavier cannabinoids. Without the carcinogens you might also notice the lack of antibodies in action.

So yes, different temperatures can affect the buzz, and vaporizing does produce a slightly different one.

I suppose you could only lightly vaporize your herb before changing the bowl to further increase the concentration of light cannabinoids. And vice versa.

:science:

marcuss

above the clouds
yes v-tactician i'm wondering to try your SSV but i'm sure nobody in this jurassic country got it....also in our Mecca(holland) i never see one of this Sliver Surfer....Volcano and Vapezilla has monopoly there (i've been judge at the last cannabis cup and i tested all with this two vapes..no choice)...you know we should go there together and show them a more democratic way to vaporize!!

marcuss,
Reactions: ataxian

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
marcuss said:
yes v-tactician i'm wondering to try your SSV but i'm sure nobody in this jurassic country got it....also in our Mecca(holland) i never see one of this Sliver Surfer....Volcano and Vapezilla has monopoly there (i've been judge at the last cannabis cup and i tested all with this two vapes..no choice)...you know we should go there together and show them a more democratic way to vaporize!!
Yeah, the cup is pretty commercialized especially when it comes to accessories. We should set up a booth with all the major vaporizer models and let people decide for themselves! I bet we'd sell more SSVs and Extremes than Volcanos or Super Vapezillas.

If you like whip hits, the SSV is about as clean as it gets. I hope you get a chance to try one soon!

stickstones said:
Dude, count me in!
Start packing. :D

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You may have posted this before, but which vaporizers do/have you owned and how do you rank them?

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
You may have posted this before, but which vaporizers do/have you owned and how do you rank them?
I bought the VaporGenie and then after seeing the light, made the big step up and got my SSV. I would rank the SSV above the VG. :D

Seriously though, of every whip vaporizer I've seen, in my eyes the SSV is the best as far as design goes. The fact that it works like a dream, cements it as my #1 choice.

I say it has the best design because it's so clean and simple, yet solid and also looks cool imo. The heating element is top of the line according to the manufacturer-- of course, every manufacturer says things like that-- but they actually have a page explaining why it's the best. Even down to the thick gauge cord and plug, they didn't cheap out on anything.

I like the open design because aside from the borosilicate glass cover, the element is 100% exposed. You know the air path is clean because you can see everything-- there's no chance of some nasty dust or mold building up inside some hidden space and tainting your vapor. The exposed design also pretty much eliminates the possibility of overheating. True, I could smash the heater cover and break the element because it's exposed, but to me the positives far outweigh the negatives.

One of these days I need to take some more pictures and eventually write up a detailed review.

:ssv:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I thought you did review on your other site. I know you had a VaporGenie review on there that sold me on my need for one.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I hinted at it, but haven't gotten around to writing up a full review yet.

What can I say, it's more fun to use than write about.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
It sounds like everyone around here really digs their model of vaporizer.
I think we really grow attached to them because they provide so much enjoyment. Because of that bias, it's nice to hear some fresh opinions from other people. Hopefully no one gets too offended if someone else questions the design of their vape model.

So far it seems like we are all quite serious about clean and safe materials in vaporizer design. I'm surprised no one has proclaimed their love for the volcano yet, I thought it was still the big favorite.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My guess is people are landing here when searching for the Extreme. There really is nowhere else on the web with users talking about it...lots of sites out there with tons of Volcano users already.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
stickstones said:
My guess is people are landing here when searching for the Extreme. There really is nowhere else on the web with users talking about it...lots of sites out there with tons of Volcano users already.
yeah your right ! ...but what I realize is there is a lot of pushing to sell the volcano on store or on the net but I think that people who decide to buy a vap are conscient that the volcano is too much expensive and not better than other vaporizer like ssv or extrem one. I think the volcano is that expensive because it was the first vap to work good ,fast and to blow balloon ...I have some friend who got a volcano and they are sure that this is the best vap on the market because they pay a lot for it ...but I dont like that much the volcano

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just find this pics and I was thinking to this thread ....just to show you how a Volcano is made ....:

no need to coment ....of corse I dont know how this volcano as been use but the first thing that draw my attention is how dirthy and wire,plastik ect there is inside

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yuck! That's some poor design IMO.

Nice find, we should try to get some more interior images.

vtac,
Top Bottom