turtles

I find that with the screen domed up I get a lot of finely ground material getting over vaped at the edge

turtles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
clean-1.jpg

This will mean you adjust the way you stir.
I stir around that very edge you speak of, and use a slightly "lifting" motion was I do to fluff and loosen the herb after each pull.
Of course ... each person will find how he/she likes to use the tools best.
There are only recommendations, and manuals etc., but the choices are still ours. :)

Last edited:
Vitolo,
Hello,

Well I've had my silver surfer for nearly two years now and still really enjoy it!
I have the standard version, aka hand held.

I was thinking about upgrading my surfer to a ground glass connection because i can be a bit lazy or just want to medicate while watching a movie and not have to pause it to tend the bowl or take a hit.

I noticed awhile back that 7th floor added a new heater cover to there line up known as a spherical ground glass HC or SGG.

Could someone please tell me what heater cover type they prefer, and what the differences between them are? I feel this information would be invaluable to surfer newcomers and prospective buyers alike.

Thank you everyone! Your discussions here help people every day! :)

tj024,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh please, not again.

Just read a few pages back mate, it won't get any better than that.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Here, let me paraphrase the last few pages of that discussion -

Keep your existing setup. :D

OG SSV connex is the shit. If you want to go handsfree, get the adapter.

AGBeer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
tj024 said:
Thank you everyone! Your discussions here help people every day! :)
I will say what I always do...
The standard HC and hand held wand to me is the most versatile way, and I personally have tried them all.
other opinions do vary... it depends on your needs, and how you will use your tool!

Vitolo,

max

Out to lunch
Vitolo said:
The standard HC and hand held wand to me is the most versatile way
:tup: It gives you more control over your hits than with any other connection, and IMO more control than you can get with any other vape, with the possible exception of the Cloud, where you can use your hand or other object to alter the incoming air flow.

max,

cluffy

Vaker
max said:
Vitolo said:
The standard HC and hand held wand to me is the most versatile way
:tup: It gives you more control over your hits than with any other connection, and IMO more control than you can get with any other vape, with the possible exception of the Cloud, where you can use your hand or other object to alter the incoming air flow.

Ok, I'm putting in my opinion on this subject once again. Agreed.

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK cluffy... friends...
I have used the standard wand for a long time, but I do have the other connections.
I decided that it was time to really give the 3 types of connections and HCs a real chance.
If anyone missed me yesterday, it took a long afternoon to really use each setup well.
I gave each wand and HC combo 2 hours to use, and clean, and revape vaped herb.
What I learned was this... You can adjust any of the 3 setups through how you stir, and the temperature to get the same monster clouds, and to get the same even tones of ABV... just a tiny bit of adjustment.
The spherical was easy to use in the dark, or with less "focus".
The hands free was a very nice hit as always, but my natural nervousness about pulling that connection apart kept my hand lightly touching or "hovering" around the wand... I did find that I was able a couple of times, able to leave it in, and only holding the mouthpiece I got great vapor, but my hand always was back there... (also my hand was itching to stir between pulls).
The Standard HC was still my favorite connection to use, and most versatile....
BUT--->
I will say this. I learned to appreciate the other two setups more, and although I prefer Standard.. I understand your preferences......
BOTTOM LINE---- The biggest thing I learned by the end of the day was...
Photoon2011-08-20at2058.jpg

Damn.. SSV/DBV can sure medicate!
:lol:

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
haha i love it! :p great summary of them all. I kinda want to try the spherical ground glass type now :p

you look nice and toasty in the picture :)

weedemon,

cluffy

Vaker
Wow Vito, thanks for working so hard to research this all important subject. Looks like the research provided its own reward...

Keep up the good work!!!! (As if you need the encouragement... ;) )

cluffy,

smartrott

Finally learned how to post pics! Here is my surfer.

Snapshot_20110626_7.jpg

Really just a test! Everyone loves the gernade. Im sure that some of you have seen it on the 7th floor website before. When they were 25% off, I jumped.

smartrott,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
smartrott; I wish I had a piece like that back in the 70's when I was playing DnD :) Nice.

Tom

tdavie,

turtles

So, while medicating I started staring at the wand (you all know how this goes :lol:), right past the screen on the hose side, I noticed it is that color changing glass!
Now I've got myself shopping for wands :ko:

turtles,

Qbit

cannabanana
A friend just lent me his SSV today for a few months (with the possibility of buying it). I'd used it once before at his place, but I'm having a decent go at it now. It's fun. :D I've got a few strains too, so life is good.

Qbit,

Bandit King

In the future where my evil is law!
Hello everyone! I have not been able to post for a very long while! First let me say thank you again Vitolo and everyone else for the expert advice.

The SSV changed my life lol, the only other thing I've used since I got it (in June) was my MFLB for a whopping 2 times. The SSV is my method of choice. I will get around to posting pics at some point, mine is a bit of a mutt lol. Silver with a blue base, orange and light blue knob, Purple aroma top lol. I'm in the process of matching things a bit better, just ordered a matching fatty wand and glass pic on Saturday.

I thought I was done but.....just saw Smartrott's SSV dial and I am floored! That is sick! I am fighting everything in me to open up another tab and order a custom dial!!!! Argh!

Well since it's been a bit since my last post around page 76 here's a little info about how it's been working out for me:

1. I keep things fairly simple so as a standalone it simply cannot be beat. Try as I might I cannot go back to smoking lol. Tried a J a few days back with a friend and while it did the trick I realized that I really, really prefer vaping.

2. I've tried out the other connections and for me the GonG works best.

3. Friends think it's awesome. But most hold on to their old ways of lighting it up and consider it a novelty. I just can't get them to convert.

4. Finding the sweet spot has been a long, long process. I think I am where I need to be, between 12-1 but I can't tell you how many times I've either burned or hit no air because I couldn't get the temp right.

5. I hate, hate, hate to change the screen. I attempted it on my first wand and I was never able to get it back in. If it weren't for the suggestions of getting both connections I would've been SOL. I do realize there are vids and instructions but like a few other posters have said my hands simply don't work!

Now for a few questions:

1. While I've seen thoughts about the different connections and can see the benefits of each I don't really see a lot of talk about the fatty wands. I have a GG one and I do enjoy it, a lot actually. I've recently started using it and while it's still early, I like it a lot. How do the rest of you feel?

2. I cannot get others on board with the SSV. I'm curious as to some of the methods others use in a group setting. Do you use separate wands/tubes or just one? It took me awhile to get it down myself, how can I make it easier when I have to teach others how to use it on the fly?

3. As I mentioned earlier that custom dial is uber pimp. How difficult is it to change out the dial?

4. I also mentioned that my unit is a bit of a mutt. I've tried a few different things to jazz it up, my question is will things like stickers or magnetic tape have cause any damage to the unit. I don't think it will but I'd just like to be sure.

5. Finally I usually consider the stuff done when it's brown. I find that I've been able to go a little past that several times. How long are most of you vaping? light brown? Dark brown? Or until you get that first whiff when it starts to burn?

Thanks all, the SSV has been a fantastic purchase that I do not regret for the most part, I do regret not getting a more uniformed one. Trying to get the colors/look right has sent me down a dark path of purchasing too many accessories lol. Happy Vaping!

Bandit King,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Bandit King said:
Now for a few questions:

It works great, but I feel better with standard.
I judge each group. If I feel they can get it, I use one wand.
I bust out others if it doesnt go smoothly.
I try to get a wand ready... take 1st hit......
then I stir and "feed a hit to each.. they hold mouthpiece I hold wand.. I stir and "feed" a hit to the next. till done. Once they are high they patiently listen as I show what to do!

it's a cake walk! Pull off stick on
They can make stickiness if they have gum
The unit is a rock

I do Cocoa colored... if I have good meds and am getting low, I go brown.

Vitolo,

turtles

for #5 it really depends on how much I have left, and if I'm running it through a bong or just the whip

turtles,

Bandit King

Another quick question if you don't mind....

How interchangeable are pieces for both the Da Buddha and the SSV? For those of you that own both will the knobs, wands, mouthpieces and tubing work on both devices? Especially if you have the ground glass connections?

I was wondering because on a whim I decided to check out Da Buddha's website and there's a wand and a knob that's exactly the color I need. I know I could get them custom but eh I don't want to wait 6-8 weeks lol. I'm guessing the same company makes/services them both but I wouldn't want to buy it if it's not a perfect fit or the results aren't as good.

Thanks!

Bandit King,

Bandit King

Thanks I'd appreciate that a lot! It's funny, it never occurred to me until today to look at the other website's glass pieces lol.

Bandit King,

cluffy

Vaker
Bandit King, I'm pretty sure that 7th Floor's regular (not spherical) GG connections are all the same size. I'm assuming you have a regular GG and not spherical. The tubing and mouthpieces are the same. The heater covers of the DBV and SSV are different heights though.

Not sure about knobs but I'd guess they're interchangeable.

I suggest you try a standard wand and HC set up before getting another GG wand. It's only $35 plus shipping for the whole kit.
standard wand

I started with a GG on my DBV, but once I tried a standard connection I never went back.

Happy Shopping whatever you decide though!

cluffy,

EtherLeak

LearningToFly
What an awesome day it has been! Both my SSV and new glass bubbler arrived together! In for a great night ahead :D

EtherLeak,
Top Bottom