PUFFiT portable

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

The battery does take too long to charge, especially since I am only getting 1 good bowl off each charge. For those who have said the bad taste goes away, about how many bowls did it take? Also did your Puffits inside chamber smell really bad and chemically when you open the top cap? If so, did that ever go away? Thanks

What setting do yo have it on?

The only one I can remember who said the taste goes away was Dogman. All the silicone has that smell. The top cap , the ring in the bowl , the vapor path, even the clear mouthpiece does a little.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

aj0125

What setting do yo have it on

I start at 7 then kick it up to 8 after awhile.

I have a slight taste of it still, probably my 6th bowl or so. And also I still smell the chemical smell from the cap,I posted that a little bit ago though.

I really hope this goes away as it is really diminishing my enjoyment of this unit.

Dogman, how long did it take for the bad taste to go away?

i cant wait to try mine despite the recent reviews

You will probably like it but probably won't love it.

aj0125,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
You will probably like it but probably won't love it.

well i have my DBV to love and my solo to love. i have a MFLB that i hate so..... somewhere in between the two that i love and the one that i hate would be good

mmenzie,

aj0125

i have a MFLB that i hate so..... somewhere in between the two that i love and the one that i hate would be good

I borrowed a friends MFLB and could never get into it, I do like the Puffit more than the MFLB but I'm sure others would disagree.

aj0125,
Reactions: mmenzie

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have a picture that I took after about 6 hits on the vape, and then it died. The battery life on it is not cool.....then takes forever and ever to charge after it dies...

I'm not familiar on how to upload pics on here(I'm on an iPad so something's I can't see), but I have a link to the photo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/baby_boy/442f1ad2.jpg

You don't upload pictures here, you host them somewhere like Photobucket and you embed them here using the little Image button (the icon that is supposed to look like a picture of a tree).

That is not ABV that is HBV (hardly been vaped). I don't have a PuffIt, but I do have another conduction vapourizer (the MFLB) and based on my experience with it, I think you might benefit from a finer grind. How fine I can't say, because I know the PuffIt screen isn't as fine as the LB screen, but that looks pretty coarse to me. Also, it looks pretty unevenly vaped, perhaps you need to stir or shake between hits. When it's done, the ABV should be uniform and at least as dark as the darkest chunks in that picture.

Jenny

VapeGirl
You don't upload pictures here, you host them somewhere like Photobucket and you embed them here using the little Image button (the icon that is supposed to look like a picture of a tree).

That is not ABV that is HBV (hardly been vaped). I don't have a PuffIt, but I do have another conduction vapourizer (the MFLB) and based on my experience with it, I think you might benefit from a finer grind. How fine I can't say, because I know the PuffIt screen isn't as fine as the LB screen, but that looks pretty coarse to me. Also, it looks pretty unevenly vaped, perhaps you need to stir or shake between hits. When it's done, the ABV should be uniform and at least as dark as the darkest chunks in that picture.

For some reason my iPad doesn't show that little icon, I uploaded it to a photobucket acct and just posted the link, Sorry if that's not ok but I tired :(

And the med/green brown ABV Is because it died before I could even finish the bowl, and that will seem to pose a problem when I go to an an all day concert coming up. I need a solar charger or something lol

Jenny,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Jenny, was your unit fully charged when you had that bowl?

Stu,

Jenny

VapeGirl
Jenny, was your unit fully charged when you had that bowl?

Yeah, the green blinking light had turned off while charging. But yesterday I got about 4 bowls out of it before it fully died, I wish I could get a better hit off of it at a lower temp, 7 even seems low

Jenny,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

Those are good. I use the Extra Large, and hold enough for a half day out for me: http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Large-Geocaching-Capsule-Keychain/dp/B004SIFYTC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342853015&sr=8-2&keywords=Pill holder key chain Extra Large

BTW I only load the bottom half full. Then I can open it without spilling. It works better because I can shake it to fluff it up. Then open it and it slides out of the container easier.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
For some reason my iPad doesn't show that little icon, I uploaded it to a photobucket acct and just posted the link, Sorry if that's not ok but I tired :(

It's okay, no need to apologize, it's just not what you wanted. If the icon isn't showing up, you can also use the {IMG}your.image.url.here{/IMG} tags. Just change the {} to []. I can't use them in an example because this software then thinks I'm actually trying to include an image.

ETA:

Good that your ABV wasn't finished, but I still recommend a finer grind and shaking or stirring.

pakalolo,

OF

I have a picture that I took after about 6 hits on the vape, and then it died. The battery life on it is not cool.....then takes forever and ever to charge after it dies...

First off, excellent photo, many here are not so good, great detail.

I agree with Pacalolo (something that can easily become habit....), the AVB looks half done (did vapor stop?) and the grind on the lumpy side if you're looking for solid contact (as conduction needs). Is it in danger of falling thorough the mesh? If not, I'd go finer, even just breaking up the dried material after a few hits in your palm with your fingers should be a big help.

Was that a full bowl? Looks a little on the light side, I'm guessing a bit under 1/10 gram?

TIA

OF

OF,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Yeah, the green blinking light had turned off while charging. But yesterday I got about 4 bowls out of it before it fully died, I wish I could get a better hit off of it at a lower temp, 7 even seems low
I leave mine at 7 or almost 7 and get good hits. I have a finer grind than you do in that photo, but it's not powder. I fill mine all the way and then pack it down so it looks only half maybe 3/4 full. I get visible vapor, but depending on what blend i'm using will determine how much vapor i see. For me, 7 is the perfect temp.

VaporsVaporizer,

Coastal

And the med/green brown ABV Is because it died before I could even finish the bowl, and that will seem to pose a problem when I go to an an all day concert coming up. I need a solar charger or something lol

Hi Jenny,

I have a usb charger called a Gum Pro. Very small. It is perfect for recharging various accessories. It comes with a short mini to reg usb cord. It recharges via pc or laptop usb and has a lot of power. You could recharge the Puffit with it in your purse. Not cheap but worth it. See a couple links below, worth looking around for cheaper price. I will test how well it recharges the Puffit next week.

Also your pic of ABV indicates you def need to grind finer for more contact. Also some batteries hold more charge after a few cycles of full charge/full discharge and that could account for your getting more from the second charge.

I may use an additional screen insert to make sure my fine grind works in the Puffit, but I won't be able to test it until Thursday.

I have been looking at the Thermovape Evolution starter kit as an alternate if the Puffit doesn't work out. So far it looks like there may a slight learning curve as with the MFLB, but I am hopeful that once you get used to it everything will be satisfactory.

Your comment about getting 4 bowls from a charge is promising since I will only use one bowl per day max, maybe less.

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Mobile-4400mAh-External-Portable/dp/B001BWQTOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342887098&sr=8-1&keywords=justmobile gum pro

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YN4RKU/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_item

Coastal,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I don't know if this trick would help you guys or not, but Alan (of the HI thread) hammers his screens flat before installing them and most have found that the screens seem to keep the finer material from going through without hampering the air flow. The other thing we've discovered is that the screens seem to stay cleaner longer.:2c:

Coastal

I don't know if this trick would help you guys or not, but Alan (of the HI thread) hammers his screens flat before installing them and most have found that the screens seem to keep the finer material from going through without hampering the air flow. The other thing we've discovered is that the screens seem to stay cleaner longer.:2c:

That's a cool tip. I'll try that.

Coastal,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Do any of you have issues with those pill cases opening? I used to use them for pills and very often lost all my pills and I had a good one that cost me ten bucks and it was water proof and all.

Dreamerr,

Coastal

Do any of you have issues with those pill cases opening? I used to use them for pills and very often lost all my pills and I had a good one that cost me ten bucks and it was water proof and all.

Get one that doesn't open in the middle, one with a cap on one end for best results.

Coastal,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

The one I linked earlier screws together from the middle and has lots of threads. It has never come open on me accidentally.

Slightly Medicated,

VisiblyVaped

Will i get crapped on for asking if theres a plug adapter or a way to use it while plugged in?
I know to search, i know the rules, but my laziness at this moment knows no bounds..

VisiblyVaped,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
Will i get crapped on for asking if theres a plug adapter or a way to use it while plugged in?
you cannot use it while charging and you probibly have a 50% chance of a wall charger. I didnt get one but quite a few did.
fresh out of crap thou :p

edit for nightly update<g>
I took the puffit apart and it indeed has a long vapor tube. I order vapor whips 20 foot at a time for the AroMed so all I need to do is measure it up and replace. Is Andrew still out there? Save me the hassle and roll out the size specs on the vapor tube :nod:

I have pics but stuck without the means right now. Is it within the rules to post pics of the guts of a puffit?

6or7 bowls (I lost count) and the plastic still stings my throat - one cycle as a preheat and 10 cycles drawing vape...3 half decent and the rest just to bugger it out with ABV a nice browning with one stiring/repack

To be honest I removed a few personal comments from the above nightly update. I really do not want to throw stones I just want something clean. If there are ideas I would really like to read them

BoxofRock,

OF

I have pics but stuck without the means right now. Is it within the rules to post pics of the guts of a puffit?

Boy, I sure don't know why not, we've sure posted lots of shots of various units 'under the skin'.

Absent official word otherwise, please do post the photos? I'm sure many of us are interested.

TIA

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I took the puffit apart and it indeed has a long vapor tube. I order vapor whips 20 foot at a time for the AroMed so all I need to do is measure it up and replace. Is Andrew still out there? Save me the hassle and roll out the size specs on the vapor tube :nod:
I'm sorry if this comes off as... odd... but can't you just take the tube out and, ya know, measure it? Is it permanently affixed in there? Surely a ruler will determine the size in about half a second? The taste should be gone immediately after replacing the stock tubing with a "clean" (or whatever it's called, you know when they bake it to take the tastes away?) silicone tube. If the taste is still there after a change... well, then that's not good news, is it?

I'm also highly curious as to the internals. Momma tells me she had some trouble with me getting a hold of screwdrivers and trying to take EVERYTHING apart. One day I tried to take an electrical socket apart with a fork... yeah...

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom