PUFFiT portable

Stinky

I bought the original Puffit from the expo at the cannabis cup in 2012. I got caught up in all the hype with the presentation and bought one. The battery started to fail after the first use and I was asked to send it overseas for repair. This was not possible so now I have a very expensive paper weight.

I never got any kind of visible vapor from the unit and had endless problems with the oven lid coming off and the plastic mouthpieces breaking.

As a result I'd never trust another product from this company without trying it first.

Stinky,

max

Out to lunch
This was not possible so now I have a very expensive paper weight.
It certainly is possible, just not economically worth it. And it was up to you to determine how/where you were going to get warranty service, so you shouldn't act like you got blindsided.

max,
Reactions: OF

Stinky

It certainly is possible, just not economically worth it. And it was up to you to determine how/where you were going to get warranty service, so you shouldn't act like you got blindsided.

No it's impossible for me to do legally.

Everyone at the Expo definitely got fleeced. It was the v1.1 product that redesigned shortly after.

Stinky,

max

Out to lunch
No it's impossible for me to do legally.
What law says you can't return a defective product to the manufacturer?
Everyone at the Expo definitely got fleeced.
First of all, everyone at the Expo didn't get a Puffit, and second, you have no way of knowing the status of every unit purchased there.

max,

Stinky

What law says you can't return a defective product to the manufacturer?

First of all, everyone at the Expo didn't get a Puffit, and second, you have no way of knowing the status of every unit purchased there.

Under Australian law it is illegal to send prohibited substances through our mail system.

The only model on sale at the Expo was the V1.1. The guy I bought it from told me. He told me there was a revision coming out in a few months. This was the first model with the bad plastic taste.

Stinky,
Does anybody know the specs of the battery? I understand that it is Lithium Ion, but what voltage does it provide and what could it be replaced with? When I first bought my Pufiit I used it straight away, without plugging it in first. That caused the battery to function poorly, and now I'm looking to replace it. Would this product work? http://www.adafruit.com/products/1781

lookatmevapemum,

iowcatalyst

I can't speak for the newer models, maybe they are now great, but the one I had tasted so bad I returned it the same day. I know most portable vapes have an initial bad taste [the only one I have used to have no initial taste is the alfa] but the puffits almost seemed toxic and left a horrible after taste. Though I do hear they are much better now I still don't know if I could buy one without testing it for a decent period

iowcatalyst,

OF

Does anybody know the specs of the battery? I understand that it is Lithium Ion, but what voltage does it provide and what could it be replaced with? When I first bought my Pufiit I used it straight away, without plugging it in first.

Yes, I've had mine open and that's not the right size (too big) or type (protected) battery for Puffit. You want the next size down, 14500, not 18650.

Yes, it's a Li-ion cell, they all charge to the same voltage (about 4.2). You need one without protection built in (that function is done by the unit) but most importantly you need welded on tabs since the unit solders in. That means you need 'pretty good' soldering skills as well. And the tabs have to be (spot) welded on, don't even think of soldering directly.....even the Pros avoid that.

You basically need the exact same battery, I suspect custom made for this product. There are battery shops that could probably weld the correct tabs on for you, but you'd need to remove the factory one for them to copy?

Bummer you didn't fully charge (even a one time 'overnight overcharge' is recommended) before the first use, that can definitely lead to early death.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom