PUFFiT portable

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
Really, am I doing something wrong? I thought that pile on the left was way done. When it is that brown I can start to taste ah yuck. Am I wasting product? Please point me in the direction of what to do with the big jar of ABV I have if it indeed has any more use.
I drew way to long IMO
It lost all value at 4 draws (hypersensitive crybaby) heheh
I should add I stirred it once and repacked

I found a few threads here on ABV good info

BoxofRock,
Reactions: OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Really, am I doing something wrong? I thought that pile on the left was way done. When it is that brown I can start to taste ah yuck. Am I wasting product? Please point me in the direction of what to do with the big jar of ABV I have if it indeed has any more use.

I took it into Photoshop, corrected the colour balance, and the ABV does look like it's a little underdone, but not much. You are being deceived by the poor colour balance of the original. Having said that, I often dump my Extreme's ABV when it reaches that colour, but take it a lot darker in the LB. It does start to taste icky but it still has goodies to offer.

We now return to your PuffIt discussion, already in progress.*

*That's a directive as well as a cute remark.

pakalolo,
Reactions: BoxofRock

Elvis

bricked
That's how brown I usually get mine on other vapes. I also store it into a jar and when I get a big jar worth of ABV I cook with it! Get a second round out of my flowers..

Any owners feel like sharing a video review of the product?

Elvis,

Jenny

VapeGirl
I think I'm doing something wrong, I literally never get any clouds, no matter how fine the grind is, or what the temp is. Now it's feeling like its getting hard to draw at all....ugh....I am not in love with this device at all. Even tho it was easy to medicate at a concert, it is still very difficult to use but from the video and everything else I feel like I'm doing everything correctly....blah!

Jenny,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Easy to medicate but hard to use? I don't think this was meant to be a huge cloud maker... less = stealthier

Quetzalcoatl,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i really apologoze but i have to ask a slightly off topic question that will help me and MAY help other PuffIT, along with other vape users.....

what are you using to achieve a "fine grind"?? i have about 4 different grinders and they all grind to pretty much the same consistency, which is good but i wouldn't consider it "fine" the consistency works fine for my DBV and my solo but i would like hear how to achieve this "fine" grind.

mmenzie,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
would like hear how to achieve this "fine" grind.
Right on topic IMO I take my ground herb and put it in a small jar and using scissors I chop and rotate untill it looks much finer. I really would like to see more input on this.
....blah!
Thats what I said <g> I found small whispy clouds on the first three draws just drawing real slow (dont fight the resistence) after that there was no visable vape.
There is a learning curve, my first couple of rounds (when it was new) I got nothing visable but it did medicate

Max said a few things three posts down that hit home. Thank you and its time that I move on. I did run into some real nice ppl here wish you all well, peace and happyness

BoxofRock,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
i would like hear how to achieve this "fine" grind.

Check out the Herb Grinder thread. Heaps of info there, and pics. Acrylic grinders (like the Storz and Bickel Volcano model) are pretty good for a fine grind, as are the small 2 piece grinders often sold to accompany a MFLB. For a really, really fine grind you can use a coffee grinder, but that's probably overkill for this vape IMO.

WatTyler,

Tim

I used to use an electric grinder for my MFLB. The super fine grind really made a difference, but it was too fine for my EQ. Consequently, I kept 2 different "stashes."

Here's the one I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Gr...316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4157e83284

However, I believe these are newer and look much more convenient (and less expensive):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Me...494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d034cfb3e
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-In-Box-...630?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c7671aee

max

Out to lunch
I tried this vape briefly over the weekend. It was a little frustrating to constantly have to restart/reheat, since the LED kept returning to red. From the instructions I can't tell if this is normal operation or not. The hits are inconsistent but it does get the job done. They've put quite a bit of functionality in it for such an inexpensive model, in order to stretch the battery charge. We'll see whether that results in a higher than average breakdown rate.

As for the plastic taste, I don't see how you can avoid it with this model. It doesn't have the high tech space age plastics that O&B uses in their iolite/wispr models. But it also doesn't mean that the vape is dangerous to use. If you're afraid to use it, I'd suggest getting rid of it. If you're not happy with the performance, maybe give yourself a chance to get used to it, and have realistic expectations as well. Everyone needs to keep in mind that this is a low priced vape, designed for stealthy portability. It should be compared to like models in the same price range. I much prefer the DaVinci to this model, but the price difference is $140 vs. $250. The DV should be better.

OF

I think I'm doing something wrong, I literally never get any clouds, no matter how fine the grind is, or what the temp is. Now it's feeling like its getting hard to draw at all....ugh....

I don't think this was meant to be a huge cloud maker... less = stealthier

As has been said, 'huge clouds' are probably beyond the design of this unit, but to be effective you need to get visible vapor at some level or you're going to be at it a LONG time, which is not conducive to stealth. Nobody I know hits their medicine that hard or many times. That alone would call attention to you I'd think.

I'm looking at the 'hard to draw' part and thinking that maybe the screen is getting jammed up because the herb wasn't dry enough? This would have the dual effect of robbing the modest heat available to evaporate off water rather than THC and also 'steam stuff up' so it fouls easily below the load, jamming up the works.

Since I don't have one, I'm not sure how to go about testing for and fixing that. I'd probably try hitting an empty bowl, it should draw just as free as when new? If it's fouled up, most of the traditional solutions (like disassemble, soak in ISO, flame off and so on) are not options here I guess.

One thing sure, if it won't draw well it won't work well.

Please keep us posted?

TIA

OF

OF,

mmenzie

:party: YAY!!! literally 15 minutes ago my PuffIT was delivered to my hands!!! :party: unfortunately i am at work and did not bring any product with me. so no lunch time tests for me :cry: I will be testing tonight when i get home and will report my findings. i may try to do a video (never did one before) as well. so just to be sure it will be ready, i currently have the unit charging in my car and there should be no reason (unless its defective) that i do not have a full charge when i am ready to test.

can't wait till 6:30PM to get home and test this baby out!!!

mmenzie,
Reactions: Elvis

OF

Great news, unfortunately you'll have to wait unless your toothache starts acting up again, of course. How long has it been since you've had a family emergency?

Some folks look at sick leave differently. I once worked with a fun guy that would 'call in well' from time to time. If pressed he'd say "I feel too good to come to work today". An alternative of his was 'I'm having vision problems this morning, I just can't see going to work....'. Guys like that are the part of working I miss......and the money, of course.

In a more serious vein, perhaps you could at least charge the little rascal fully so you won't have to wait tonight?

OF

OF,
Reactions: mmenzie

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

:party: YAY!!! literally 15 minutes ago my PuffIT was delivered to my hands!!! :party: unfortunately i am at work and did not bring any product with me. so no lunch time tests for me :cry: I will be testing tonight when i get home and will report my findings. i may try to do a video (never did one before) as well. so just to be sure it will be ready, i currently have the unit charging in my car and there should be no reason (unless its defective) that i do not have a full charge when i am ready to test.

Congrats! Good Luck! It usually takes 3 hours for a full charge using a wall outlet. Charging it in your car might take 6 hours. Lol!

How does the plastic smell to you?

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

mmenzie

Congrats! Good Luck! It usually takes 3 hours for a full charge using a wall outlet. Charging it in your car might take 6 hours. Lol!

How does the plastic smell to you?

well 6 hours won't be so bad.... that would mean it was fully charged just as i am pulling in the driveway. just in time to start testing. as for the smell of the plastic question.... since i have not used it yet, are you asking me how it smells just out of the box?? i did not put my honker up to it and didn't think of doing so till i was using it. But if that's what you are asking... i will go out to my car on my break and give it a big sniff if you want.

one other thing i forgot to mention in my happy post above.... i did receive a wall plug with my unit as well. i know some did not and i wanted to put my name in the basket that did

mmenzie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Yea, sucks...but thanks man. The only vapes I had issues with were the og iolite and the TV1, so if this has a better draw I'll be good. It's new, innovative, why the hell not try it

I don't want to ruin your birthday tomorrow. But if you didn't like the draw of the iolite or the TV1 you are definitely not going to like the draw of the Puffit. There really isn't any draw at all. I have had over 10 iolite's 3 Wispr's and a TV1 and they all IMO draw better than the Puffit.

I could be wrong maybe you will love it.

Have a Happy Birthday!

well 6 hours won't be so bad.... that would mean it was fully charged just as i am pulling in the driveway. just in time to start testing. as for the smell of the plastic question.... since i have not used it yet, are you asking me how it smells just out of the box?? i did not put my honker up to it and didn't think of doing so till i was using it. But if that's what you are asking... i will go out to my car on my break and give it a big sniff if you want.

one other thing i forgot to mention in my happy post above.... i did receive a wall plug with my unit as well. i know some did not and i wanted to put my name in the basket that did

Yes, that was what i was asking. I'm just curious if other Puffit's have the same smell or not. If they say they cured the silicone.

I guess BoxofRocks and i were the only unlucky ones to not receive a wall charger. WTF!

Did you pay full price? The reason i ask is maybe the people who got it for $109.00 ( like i did ) didn't get one. To save the cost difference for them.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
Yes, that was what i was asking. I'm just curious if other Puffit's have the same smell or not. If they say they cured the silicone.

I guess BoxofRocks and i were the only unlucky ones to not receive a wall charger. WTF!

Did you pay full price? The reason i ask is maybe the people who got it for $109.00 ( like i did ) didn't get one. To save the cost difference for them.
preorder ppl got chargers as well. I was a preorder so it seems a crap shoot if you get the charger. I have to say Andrew really dissapointed me for 20 cents of silicone tube he just brushed me off.

But I really thought about what max said: "If you're afraid to use it, I'd suggest getting rid of it. If you're not happy with the performance, maybe give yourself a chance to get used to it, and have realistic expectations as well."

notify in the email dragged me back,, got to turn that off

I stand by my statement: peace, health and happyness to all

BoxofRock,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

preorder ppl got chargers as well. I was a preorder so it seems a crap shoot if you get the charger. I have to say Andrew really dissapointed me for 20 cents of silicone tube he just brushed me off.

But I really thought about: "If you're afraid to use it, I'd suggest getting rid of it. If you're not happy with the performance, maybe give yourself a chance to get used to it, and have realistic expectations as well."

notify in the email dragged me back,, got to turn that off

I stand by my statement: peace, health and happyness to all

So i guess both of us crapped out. No charger, and no so called no smell cured silicone.

Of course he brushed you off. Just from his response to the plastic issue proves to me they don't care.

"Some are more sensitive than others" That might be true.

Even if there isn't a heath issue with inhaling the plastic
Why would i want my tasty herb to taste like plastic?

I'm just glad it was only $109 and not $250 then i really would be bitching.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

JoeKickass

Right on topic IMO I take my ground herb and put it in a small jar and using scissors I chop and rotate untill it looks much finer. I really would like to see more input on this.

I used this for my mflb days: http://www.sharpstonegrinders.com/sharpstone-hard-top-4-piece-grinder-1-5-blue/

It's all about hole size in the 4 part grinders, I have a spacecase too but it has really large pencil-sized holes... Anyways, I can vouch for the mini sharpstone, a little bud is always finely ground and a lot can stay up top until you turn it into powder!

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom