MiniVAP Vaporizer

AK47

14 mm. on the left 18 mm. on the right.

IMG_0669_zpsdfonq69v.jpg

Your Adapters and your Stands Looks awesome:tup:

Good Work!

Never heard of Delrin, is it a soft Material or hard like teflon?

AK47,

mestizo

Your Adapters and your Stands Looks awesome:tup:

Good Work!

Never heard of Delrin, is it a soft Material or hard like teflon?
I think it is harder than Teflon, but not as good with high temperatures, that is why the SS sleeve.
It is used in the industry in lieu of aluminum sometimes.
Another name for it is Acetal.

Nice stands. Where did you get those? They look very secure. What glass piece is that on the right?
The stand were made by me, the one on the left is SS, the one on the right is Titanium.
The glass piece is the hydrabomb from Vapexhale if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: sorry mods, I forgot to use the multi quote option, could you please merge them, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
mestizo,
Reactions: AK47

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I didn't see it, but I also see you edited your post 5 min. ago.
You quoted his pre-edit post, so you can go take a look at it. He only removed a couple of words that didn't change the gist of his post. In any case, take it to PMs if you guys want to continue to discuss it.

Thanks.

:peace:

Stu,

abcd5432

A couple of pics until I do a write-up tomorrow. Having too much fun playing with it.

Just quickly, the first bowl I had was a small basket, and I used the hard black mouthpiece. I didn't think I'd get very far with it having read how 'hot' the vapor from convection vapes can get. Honestly, it didn't feel very different to using a Mighty. The mouthpiece got fairly hot halfway through the session, but not unbearable.

2nd bowl (small basket again) was through glass (first time I've vaped through a water tool). Wow. Huge difference to the vapor. More testing required, so I'm going to hit it again.

What a machine this thing is. And the flavor just keeps on coming.

That's a very precise balancing act?

Try this:

Use the long whip, attach the glass end to it(if your glass cake piece has a 14mm male opening you actually can just put the tubing directly into it. It's a sealed fit which rocks. I broke my first 14mm glass adapter so now I don't use it unless I have to), then hold the minivap in one hand and the glass piece with your 2 fingers. You can then easily walk around and smoke with that piece in one hand. Using it that way with the cake piece is the least convenient way to use it. I can upload a pic if you need it.

Your piece is the first piece I got when I got my first glass piece for my minivap. Took me a long time to learn that, but it's a great way to use that piece. You'll thank me later.

14MM male openings work well with the minivap natively with the long flexicone. Could also try a dcycler piece with that.

The delrin is a treat to use though. Will be nice when you have that.

Hi,
I'm the person who machines the Delrin adapters and I feel I should jump into the conversation and add my two cents.
I stopped making them for several reasons that I really don't feel it is necessary to go in detail, but one of those reasons was sourcing the SS sleeve, it has been made from a recycled Water Jet scrap water line and I don't have access to it like I used to anymore, in a way it is a blessing in disguise because that little piece of metal took longer to make than the body itself.
I talked to @stickstones about it and was hoping people here be open to the idea that Delrin itself is safe for the vapor path since so many companies make vape tips out of it.
If you guys want to discuss the safety of it and are willing for a 100% Delrin adapter then the possibility of making more just opened up again.
One of the advantages of the Delrin over the silicone is that you can sit your water piece on top of it hands free, I'm sure others can add to this topic too.
I'm at work right now but I'll be in contact with @stickstones about this, please for those interested send him a pm.
Price will be lower because of the SS not there anymore and I'm sure the price savings are going to be reflected by Stickstones too.

I honestly didn't understand this post when you first posted it.
I'm still not sure I do.
If there is a possibility of another Delrin adapter being made sure. I'm not sure I understood the post, but I see the words "price will be lower" and the adapter still being made so uh maybe there is something I'm missing but I hope this happens!!!

I want to try a 14mm delrin adapter!

Last edited by a moderator:

mestizo

I honestly didn't understand this post when you first posted it.
I'm still not sure I do.
If there is a possibility of another Delrin adapter being made sure. I'm not sure I understood the post, but I see the words "price will be lower" and the adapter still being made so uh maybe there is something I'm missing but I hope this happens!!!

I want to try a 14mm delrin adapter!
I posted that when I thought it was safe to make the adapter without the SS inner sleeve.
After talking to @stickstones it was decided not to go ahead with the production if the SS sleeve is not there, we just don't know how safe Delrin is by itself.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Correction needed, I'm able to get visible vapor from the first hit without any wait (light blinks)! But I switched to the small basket, maybe the large basket take more time to reach the vaporization t°...

Still impressed cause it's a very different vape than the Old Teflon core I get, I agree with Stickstones about the slightly worst taste, not worst in fact but faster spent especially on green or red, although I can get a nice sipper session while using pink level.

Made a session with a water tool, never filled it so fast with a so dense vapor! will try a flowers/kief/shatter basket on red soon!!!

ps: Done 5 sessions of 15mn in average and was still on green at the beginning of the 5th but on yellow at the end, I can expect at least 10 sessions more at green setting: AMAZING!!

JJ Cool F

That's a very precise balancing act?

Try this:

Use the long whip, attach the glass end to it(if your glass cake piece has a 14mm male opening you actually can just put the tubing directly into it. It's a sealed fit which rocks. I broke my first 14mm glass adapter so now I don't use it unless I have to), then hold the minivap in one hand and the glass piece with your 2 fingers. You can then easily walk around and smoke with that piece in one hand. Using it that way with the cake piece is the least convenient way to use it. I can upload a pic if you need it.

Your piece is the first piece I got when I got my first glass piece for my minivap. Took me a long time to learn that, but it's a great way to use that piece. You'll thank me later.

14MM male openings work well with the minivap natively with the long flexicone. Could also try a dcycler piece with that.

The delrin is a treat to use though. Will be nice when you have that.

Thanks for the top tip! Your method works really well. I'm sure I've seen this method before (maybe one of Minn's posts on the many ways to connect the MV to glass). In any case, it is terrific. MV now hands-free.

I may have gone OTT with all the adapters I bought (all still in transit though). The MV already performs like a beast using just Hermes stock accessories.

Also, a small basket seems to last forever, at least a dozen lungfuls but I keep losing count. I don't mess around with blue or blurple, I've been starting with green and hitting it until no more vapor, then stepping up to red and repeating the process. The flavor really is immense. It doesn't get that nasty 'spent' taste like at the end of a Mighty session.

No buzzing/beeping sound coming from mine, as someone mentioned earlier. Something inside my battery seems to be a little 'loose' though and I can hear whatever is inside the casing (the battery cells?) shift around slightly when I shake the battery. Is this normal?

AK47

I think it is harder than Teflon, but not as good with high temperatures, that is why the SS sleeve.
It is used in the industry in lieu of aluminum sometimes.
Another name for it is Acetal.

Thank you for this info...

Then I will stay with teflon ;)

No buzzing/beeping sound coming from mine, as someone mentioned earlier. Something inside my battery seems to be a little 'loose' though and I can hear whatever is inside the casing (the battery cells?) shift around slightly when I shake the battery. Is this normal?

yea it was me, just wrote Patricia an eMail about my problem...let´s wait...

yes this are the battery cells, they are lil bit loose in the case, same with my battery...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey gang, I'm sorry to say I tracked our shipment and customs is holding it up and I won't get it today. I was planning on processing the shipments tomorrow to go out Monday but that is not going to happen now.

It's about 20 orders, so there's plenty of us in this boat. My apologies, but it's out of my control and I figured I'd tell you as soon as I knew.

MinnBobber

Hey gang, I'm sorry to say I tracked our shipment and customs is holding it up and I won't get it today
...........................................................................................

So, keep your eyes open for customs agents with bloodshot eyes and a grin on their face :)
Just doing their jobs, checkin' out the miniVAPs

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The quick glass version is, as mentionned by @stickstones , completly different than the Teflon version, the taste is great but doesn't last very long cause the faster extraction. In opposite of the +20mn sessions I get with my teflon core, the glass core sessions are 10mn max.

That's good for battery life, with the teflon core I got 4 sessions (10mn heating and +20mn of vaping) and with the glass core ...I'm still on the same charge after 6 or 7 (maybe more) sessions and there is still juice (I'm on yellow).

That's bad for taste conservation, taste is amazing for the 4-5 first pulls but will degrade faster after that.

On red, water filtration, clouds are so dense it looks like milk!

I'm really happy with my purchase (especially with a 50% off discount!) and really happy to get both core, one for flavor and one for clouds (just need to test some concentrates now)!

Last edited:

biohacker

It doesn't get that nasty 'spent' taste like at the end of a Mighty session.

Happy to hear as the MV is replacing the Mighty for me! I'm hoping for the MV to become my new daily driver!

On red, water filtration, clouds are so dense it looks like milk!

I'm really happy with my purchase (especially with a 50% off discount!) and really happy to get both core, one for flavor and one for clouds (just need to test some concentrates now)!

You have no idea how happy I am to read your words! You just made my weekend bro! I was a little bummed that after 2 weeks my MV hasn't even been shipped yet, and have been tossing around the thought of cancelling my order since i've been absolutely floored with my Grasshoppers, but after read your post i'm stoked that I purchased both cores and now!

So can't wait to compare the GH to the MV!

abcd5432

Hey gang, I'm sorry to say I tracked our shipment and customs is holding it up and I won't get it today. I was planning on processing the shipments tomorrow to go out Monday but that is not going to happen now.

It's about 20 orders, so there's plenty of us in this boat. My apologies, but it's out of my control and I figured I'd tell you as soon as I knew.

This would suck if I didn't have a Minivap already. Since I do, meh! It's getting closer! How much does it cost to get our current Minivapss updated to the new QuickCore tech?

Sorry for those who don't have one yet! I hope your current vape is holding you over and if you don't have a vaporizer, I pray godspeed on your Minivap.

Smknbud

This would suck if I didn't have a Minivap already. Since I do, meh! It's getting closer! How much does it cost to get our current Minivapss updated to the new QuickCore tech?

Sorry for those who don't have one yet! I hope your current vape is holding you over and if you don't have a vaporizer, I pray godspeed on your Minivap.
According to the MV store, in US dollars $180 for teflon QC and $210 for glass QC. Says it includes:
MiniVAP CORE UPDATE includes:

• a) heater replacement to the new model
  • b) firmware update and temperature calibration
  • c) cleaning and replacement up to 1 broken plastic piece
  • d) shipping back to customer's address

tepictoton

So... Just thinking... Anybody know if, with the current more powerful battery packs, one would be able to either run and or charge the MV?

I believe the connector itself is fairly standard, so we should be able to find it with a male USB on the other side?

My knowledge of battery and such is about 0,001 so hope more knowledgeable members might chime in? The voltage keeper comes to mind too? @VoltageKeeper

It would be great if we can minimalize the need for an outlet... (one fairly small battery pack with 10000mah and a 2.1amp USB port would go a very long way I guess?)

tepictoton,
Reactions: AK47

abcd5432

According to the MV store, in US dollars $180 for teflon QC and $210 for glass QC. Says it includes:
MiniVAP CORE UPDATE includes:

• a) heater replacement to the new model
  • b) firmware update and temperature calibration
  • c) cleaning and replacement up to 1 broken plastic piece
  • d) shipping back to customer's address
So tempting! I'll get the update soon though. If it makes the battery work better I mean.... The current battery I basically turn it on when I get home from work and use it until I fall asleep. IT urn it off and on a little bit or pop it in the charger maybe once in awhile, but I've only run it down to zero once, and I was so tired I could barely even move at that point from smoking so much.

Top Bottom