MiniVAP Vaporizer

abcd5432

FYI anyone looking for this email, check your email you used to pay with.
Even though I registered with my primary email, I received my email to my paypal address email for shipping.
Mine won't be here til Monday sadly. My friend coming will not get to experience the glass quickcore :(. Her loss! All for me!

abcd5432,

tepictoton

Simple but effective....

5x3kts.jpg

tepictoton

And then there is the 'blue' vapor it seems to produce... (very unique signature of this (semi?-portable) vaporizer.)

You are going to love Saturday hihi

I seem to be able to spend the small basket in 3 pulls on red when pairing it to some glass. No need for Decarb ring as far as I am concerned.

That first pull... Oh sweet child of mine...

It is a gift to me, enjoying the fruits, or flowers, of my work this way. It seems to bring out hidden features, terpy treasures...

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
I received mine 1 day early! Beautiful blue and packaged very nicely. Very nice finish and tremendous build quality. However I won't be able to use it until 1-31-17 the day of my retirement. I am under DOT regulations and haven't smoked for 26 years. It sure will be a treat. Must Resist!. In the mean time my wife will have to take it out for a test drive! Many thanks to the FC family for all I am learning because a lot sure has changed for the better.

sixstringsmash

Mine also came in last night one day early! Unfortunately for me it was locked up in my apartment's leasing office and I was unable to claim it until about an hour ago. She's charging now but the baby blue is looking very perdy and I can't wait to hit her. I want to thank @stickstones for packaging everything up and throwing in the delrin adapter. I wont post anything about how she hits yet because I want to play around and get a little more familiar with the minivap before I talk about that. Well without further ado here are my unboxing pics:

NljeMaG.jpg

nCJVj1T.jpg

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
Hiya peepz I''ve been lurking on this forum for a while now and I thought it was about time I chipped in. I've been vaping since 2010 scored my first vape being an Iolite which was ok for the time. I presently own a sublimator dabmaster, firefly 1, plenty, Ti Woody vc and og. And since a week ago the proud owner of a black teflon quick core Minivap with all the necessary accessories. My first impressions are very good using the largest basket with a flexicone + attached to a budgie water bubbler via the hermes glass adapter great taste and reasonably medicated. I have now replaced the teflon chamber liner with the decarb kit and I much prefer it. In hindsight I would probably have gone for the glass core. What I did realise pretty quickly because I was thinking about the delrin adapter and alternatives and so did a bit of experimenting with the tubing and flexicone. I first tried cutting a small section of tubing to join the single flexicone to the hermes glass adapter which works ok but you still need two hands for vap and bubbler. I then found that if you use a bit of water to lubricate the tip of the flexicone the adapter will slide with not too much difficulty into the flexicone tip through the lid. With a bit of manipulation you can get the flexicone and adapter to firmly engage. This works really well with the budgie sitting firmly on top. This set up works with the Minivap upside down in bubblers also, this is better with the mains adapter as it is lighter.

Now my disappoint ments, my Minivap takes nearly four minutes to heat up not two and my battery lasts any where from 70 mins to 100 mins not between 180 and 240 mins as advertised. I would be very interested to see what results other Minivapers are getting with theirs.

Over and out TOT

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Now my disappoint ments, my Minivap takes nearly four minutes to heat up not two and my battery lasts any where from 70 mins to 100 mins not between 180 and 240 mins as advertised
Can you please clarify, what temp or temps do you use during a session? That can have a big bearing on heatup time and how long the battery lasts. Thanks

FYI, a general technique to extend battery life is to use the AC puck to bring the MV up to temp and then twist on the battery. It takes a lot more energy to bring MV from 70 F to 400 F for example, compared to holding it at 400 F when you draw on it.

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
Hiya MinnBobber I am using my Minivap on red mostly with a bit of green but even blue(lightest setting) takes exactly three minutes to heat up, then another two minutes to reach red. I also presumed the three to four hour battery depended on whether it was being used on red(3 hours) to blue(4 hours). I realise that by using the adapter puck I will lengthen the life of my battery but that doesnt mean my battery should last an hour and forty minutes max without using it. Fortunately I do have a mains adapter/puck so its not so much of an issue, but I can't help feeling disappointed as 100 minutes was really not what I was expecting for a brand new QC and battery.

abcd5432

So the Glass core doesn't have any inner rings like the teflon core does? Just a screen at the bottom?

abcd5432,

sixstringsmash

I think @MinnBobber is on point with the heat up times. With my short time with the Minivap so far it seems that the lowest heat setting takes barely over a minute to get up to temp while the highest setting can take up to 4 minutes to get up to heat. I can't really comment on the battery life as I haven't fully drained the battery yet but I'm three bowls in so far and the battery is still saying its green so that's a plus for me! My mighty would have been under halfway drained at this point if I was using it for comparable usage. The one negative I am noting is that it seems to lose temperature a lot in between draws. It seems that it gets to temperature rather quickly but after taking a big hit the light will start blinking again(to heat back up to temp. I would suppose) for 15 to 20 seconds before heating back up again. All in all it's not a huge negative as with my weak lungs by the time I'm ready to take another hit its almost always back up to temp. but its just something I noted. Flavor is as everyone has been saying on this thread, superior in every aspect.

Edit: Forgot to mention I've been using this steamroller that @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd made me for my herbie but it also seems to work very well with the minivap!

5jXsB3l.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Teenthontik - I think you should send a note to Hermes about your battery and heat up times. i could see three minutes to red, but three to the low temp is not what we are shooting for here. The old heaters would get up to three hours in a single charge and we are expecting almost double that now, so I don't like what you're getting there either.

stickstones,
Reactions: biohacker

JJ Cool F

I think @MinnBobber is on point with the heat up times. With my short time with the Minivap so far it seems that the lowest heat setting takes barely over a minute to get up to temp while the highest setting can take up to 4 minutes to get up to heat. I can't really comment on the battery life as I haven't fully drained the battery yet but I'm three bowls in so far and the battery is still saying its green so that's a plus for me! My mighty would have been under halfway drained at this point if I was using it for comparable usage. The one negative I am noting is that it seems to lose temperature a lot in between draws. It seems that it gets to temperature rather quickly but after taking a big hit the light will start blinking again(to heat back up to temp. I would suppose) for 15 to 20 seconds before heating back up again. All in all it's not a huge negative as with my weak lungs by the time I'm ready to take another hit its almost always back up to temp. but its just something I noted. Flavor is as everyone has been saying on this thread, superior in every aspect.

I think the initial heat-up to solid color is a bit of a false positive. I let mine 'heat soak' for a good minute once it reaches solid (I go straight to red).

I feel I am constructively critical of the Minivap (given its high praise by so many of its users), but I don't fully get the gripe about heat-up times. So it takes a few minutes to heat up. Turn it on, then get your basket and herb ready, connect it to glass, relax for a minute and it's ready. Same amount of time it takes to make a cup of tea or coffee (either of which during vaping make a great marriage). Is having something ready to hit within seconds important to many users?

In my opinion and limited experience, the Minivap isn't a 'wham-bam thank you ma'am' kind of device. You're going to want to sit down somewhere with it, because this isn't a one-hitter. The sessions take quite a while. Maybe take a look a the grasshopper for a one or two quick hitter?

sixstringsmash

So I just had my first Darwin moment with the Minivap. I went to go experiment with the smaller sized basket to see how microdosing works in the minivap. Everything was going well. I loaded the herb into the basket, put it on and went to take a hit. Lo and behold I realize I forgot to put the top screen on top of the flexicone and a bunch of herb goes through the mouthpiece right into my mouth. Needless to say I've just eaten my share of greens for the day. I am not a proud man.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes MiniVap performances are always worst with moist flowers and even affected by a moist environment, the only vape I know which is able to adjust how it works in fonction of the environment parameters is the Herbalaire.

I frequently put my flowers on a warm surface to be sure here is not so much moisture, especially if I want clouds!

Smknbud

Well, my SE blue MV QC arrived yesterday, and oh, is it me or did just about everyone here that got the SE get blue :)?. Either way, I love the quick heat up times. Instead of finding myself reaching for my Mighty for lack of patience, I'll be reaching for the MV now. Flavor train rules.

I really can't add more since it performs like my older Teflon core, which of course is a good thing, but have to admit I do have redundancy in the MV core department now. A little overkill maybe with two Teflon cores and one glass, but luckily all were bought when discounts kicked in.

Those that are new to the MV, regardless of core choice, enjoy what many of us long time users consider one of best, if not the best, home portables available.

@stickstones its worth a repeat, but thanks again.

Top Bottom