• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
How does it compare to your evo?
I like them both a lot. I kind of think of my miniVAP as my "couch Evo" because without a cord I can kick back on the couch and relax with it. Evo is a heavier hitter, but they both are solid and hard hitting. Flavor is kind of a toss up, depending on the strain.

JJ Cool F

For the Spanish speakers out there, on the Correos.es tracking website, my shipping status has been updated three times with "Proveedor/Delegacion". Anyone know what this means?

JJ Cool F,

AK47

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

From the picture, the case looks pretty small, did everything fit in it?

Oh, and what do you have going on with your lid? Even looking at the full size photo it's hard to tell whats going on. Your lid looks glossy, and then it looks like some sort silicon adapter and then something poking out of it. Homemade?

yea the case is very small, everything fit in very well.

The case was in a package, in the case was everything, MV, Cable, Adapter, Manual and the plastic case with the Accessories was in the package because it´s to big for the case...

Left, case from my old portable MV<=====>Right, new Single MV

Maybe they have 2 different cases, bigger for portable and smaller for the single MV...

yea my lid :D It´s "homemade" but not at my home, it´s made at my work...

I work in the Metal Industry, so we have a lot of machines, like lathes, milling and drilling machines..

It´s made of teflon, the glossy thing is a silicone tube I pushed over the cone because I made a mistake with the diameter of the cone, it was to thin for my 14mm glass...

From the bottom:

The silicone thing you saw is the flexicone, I had to cut it to make a solid connection between my MV Lid and the adapter...

Without adapter:

With adapter:

This is my "homemade" adapter, it´s not perfect but it works perfect the last 2 and a half years :)

The stand for my WT is from my work too :)

Same with the diameter here :D I made a mistake when I measured the 14 mm glass cone, I only had my female 14mm WT and no male 14mm to measure properly...

I made a false drawing and gave it to my friend who made it on a small CNC-Lathe.

But I think it´s better with the silicone tube, it´s softer than the teflon, and fits good...

Last edited:

abcd5432

You'd mentioned a universal adapter or another adapter for the minivap? Since you're being super mean and of selling delrins anymore what is this other option?

Also above user, how much would it cost me to get an adapter from you? I like how you're works too. Give me....... Give me give me give me! =D

abcd5432,
Reactions: AK47

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
For the Spanish speakers out there, on the Correos.es tracking website, my shipping status has been updated three times with "Proveedor/Delegacion". Anyone know what this means?

Provider/delegation...I would say it has arrived to a hub, but don't know if it's your city...Wait for "En reparto", that means it's in a van heading for your house.

P.S: I received a free gong adapter to compensate extra shipping costs and it also fits my haze!!

JJ Cool F

Provider/delegation...I would say it has arrived to a hub, but don't know if it's your city...Wait for "En reparto", that means it's in a van heading for your house.

P.S: I received a free gong adapter to compensate extra shipping costs and it also fits my haze!!

Thanks. I got an update today saying 'Poveedor/Reparto Fallido'. Ominous. They certainly didn't attempt to deliver anything today.. Hoping it might arrive tomorrow.

You'd mentioned a universal adapter or another adapter for the minivap? Since you're being super mean and of selling delrins anymore what is this other option?

Also above user, how much would it cost me to get an adapter from you? I like how you're works too. Give me....... Give me give me give me! =D

I ordered two 14mm silicone adapters (SOnG) from delta3d in case someone nabbed stickstones' last Delrin adapter before I snuck in there:

http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/

http://delta3dstudios.com/minivap-vaporizer-14mm-waterpipe-adapter/

JJ Cool F,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Can this infamous delrin adapter be purchased anywhere else? What makes it better than the SonG from delta3d?

biohacker,

JJ Cool F

Can this infamous delrin adapter be purchased anywhere else? What makes it better than the SonG from delta3d?

I don't think it can be purchased anywhere else. Stickstones told me the guy who machines them is on and off with production. If there's a surge in MVers because of the Black Friday sale, maybe he'll be persuaded to make another batch?

I'm not sure which one is better, but the Delrin looked more solid. I ordered the 14mm SOnGs from delta3d just to have because I don't like the look of Hermes' 14mm glass adapter. From the picture, it looks pretty weak at its narrowest where I assume it is inserted into the MV lid. I'll probably end up snapping it..

JJ Cool F,

sixstringsmash

I ordered the second to last delrin adapter but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment on that but I do have some experience with silicone adapters(not the MV one personally but the NuSong ratchets sells) and I can say that's it's a great adapter but the one downside it has is that the silicone smells! It doesn't really impart a negative taste on the hit but the smell can really permeate a room(moreso than the vape will) and will get smelly after only one or two sessions with it. It's not really a huge downside as its still a great adapter but I just thought I'd mention that.

mestizo

Hi,
I'm the person who machines the Delrin adapters and I feel I should jump into the conversation and add my two cents.
I stopped making them for several reasons that I really don't feel it is necessary to go in detail, but one of those reasons was sourcing the SS sleeve, it has been made from a recycled Water Jet scrap water line and I don't have access to it like I used to anymore, in a way it is a blessing in disguise because that little piece of metal took longer to make than the body itself.
I talked to @stickstones about it and was hoping people here be open to the idea that Delrin itself is safe for the vapor path since so many companies make vape tips out of it.
If you guys want to discuss the safety of it and are willing for a 100% Delrin adapter then the possibility of making more just opened up again.
One of the advantages of the Delrin over the silicone is that you can sit your water piece on top of it hands free, I'm sure others can add to this topic too.
I'm at work right now but I'll be in contact with @stickstones about this, please for those interested send him a pm.
Price will be lower because of the SS not there anymore and I'm sure the price savings are going to be reflected by Stickstones too.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
What's an improvement! Just received my Quick glass core and I'm impressed!

Not really by the heating time cause even if the light is solid it is better to wait a couple of minutes more for a full heated core, if i hit it while just became solid the light start again to blink and there is no true vapor production for at least+1mn, maybe 2...but after that the light stay solid even with an long and intense draw and the vapor production is a bit more impressive than my O'MV at green setting and mainly easier to get since the better airflow and the added light conduction. There is a slighty "new" taste for the first session. Abv is definitly darker with a shorter session.

I can't wait to test it through water!

Really happy!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Couple of updates, guys...

1 -- We won't be doing any delrin adapters without the ss insert, so we won't be doing any adapters. We just don't know for sure if delrin is safe at the highest temps of the vapor coming out of the MV. We had this discussion a while back but forgot about it until doing some more research again. I'm not saying it's not safe, I'm just saying we don't know for sure and we're not gonna go forward unless we're certain.

2 -- Tracking for the US Black Friday transactions is telling me the shipment will get to me tomorrow sometime, so expect packages to start leaving me on Monday!

JJ Cool F

My MV just arrived, as did my missing J-hook! Just waiting on the Delrin and the two SOnGs, but Hermes also included their 14mm GOnG to compensate for the shipping cost of the accessories order so I can test out my mini bubbler and j-hook later on.

I can confirm that my bag is the bigger version, and everything (MV, battery, charger, puck) all snuggly fits inside.

Unpacking everything, going to charge the battery, and update in the evening.

So stoked!

AK47

hehe this adapter is unique my friend ;) But I can ask my friend if he's going to do more ;) I can´t tell you the price for it. I paid nothing :D Will ask for a price...

Not really by the heating time cause even if the light is solid it is better to wait a couple of minutes more for a full heated core, if i hit it while just became solid the light start again to blink and there is no true vapor production for at least+1mn, maybe 2

@PPN

yea I noticed that too, the LED is solid very fast, but if you hit, the LED start blinking again...

Do you have that noise like me? Start the MV and hold it near to your ear, do you hear that beeping noise??

I have it with battery and with the AC Adapter same noise. I will write Patricia about that, let's see what she thinks...

@stickstones & @mestizo

Never seen your adapter :) Can someone post a pic of it?

What if you make your adapter like mine?

I was unsure about how safe it will be if the Vapor goes through my teflon adapter, because of that I thought of a version with the original MV Flexicone inside of the adapter.

My adapter has 2 advantages:

-The Vapor goes only through the Flexicone, like Hermes it wants...

-It´s "handsfree" you only have to hold the MV, my pinnacle WT fits tight on my adapter...

The only disadvantage:

-You have to cut your Flexicone (for me this is no problem, because I use it only with water)

Have a nice day guys and enjoy your new MVs :love::leaf:

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Delrin adapter and @Ratchett adapter pic;

mVsongDelrintop-1.jpg

Later version Delrin was wider and wrapped around/over the edge of the MV cover----not at home to check for pic of that new version.

I tend to use ratchett version much more. I felt some used Delrin as hands free but it snaps onto the tiny MV exit nipplre on the cover and felt that was a weak point and didn't want to risk breaking it as covers are very pricey.
If one used Delrin but held the MV, not an issue.
Note the ratchett Song is not designed for hands free as it is flexi silicone but as it is flexi it will fit any glass, even if not perfect round AND offer advantage of versatility---can insert whip :)

Last edited:

JJ Cool F

A couple of pics until I do a write-up tomorrow. Having too much fun playing with it.

Just quickly, the first bowl I had was a small basket, and I used the hard black mouthpiece. I didn't think I'd get very far with it having read how 'hot' the vapor from convection vapes can get. Honestly, it didn't feel very different to using a Mighty. The mouthpiece got fairly hot halfway through the session, but not unbearable.

2nd bowl (small basket again) was through glass (first time I've vaped through a water tool). Wow. Huge difference to the vapor. More testing required, so I'm going to hit it again.

What a machine this thing is. And the flavor just keeps on coming.

mestizo

Delrin adapter and @Ratchett adapter pic;

mVsongDelrintop-1.jpg

I think later Delrin was wider and wrapped around/over the edge of the MV cover----not at home to check that....

I tend to use ratchett version much more. I felt some used Delrin as hands free but it snaps onto the tiny MV exit nipplre on the cover and felt that was a weak point and didn't want to risk breaking it as covers are very pricey.
If one used Delrin but held the MV, not an issue.
Note the ratchett Song is not designed for hands free as it is flexi silicone but as it is flexi it will fit any glass, even if not perfect round AND offer advantage of versatility---can insert whip :)
You have an old version of the Delrin, the newer version wraps around the whole lid.
Why you keep posting that I don't understand, you have been in this thread long enough to have seen its development, you had a chance to buy the updated version and you chose to pass, that's your prorogative.

MinnBobber

You have an old version of the Delrin, the newer version wraps around the whole lid.
Why you keep posting that I don't understand, you have been in this thread long enough to have seen its development, you had a chance to buy the updated version and you chose to pass, that's your prorogative.
That's what I said in my post---this is the old version, new one wraps around!!
Somebody wanted a pic, had no idea what it looked like so I tried to help---sorry for trying to help out.
Thought they would like to see the construction with SS liner , with explanation that this is old version since there was no new version posted

MinnBobber,

mestizo

That's what I said in my post---this is the old version, new one wraps around!!
Somebody wanted a pic, had no idea what it looked like so I tried to help---sorry for trying to help out.
Thought they would like to see the construction with SS liner , with explanation that this is old version since there was no new version posted
I didn't see it, but I also see you edited your post 5 min. ago.

14 mm. on the left 18 mm. on the right.

IMG_0669_zpsdfonq69v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom