MiniVAP Vaporizer

JJ Cool F

Most recreational users will prefer the teflon for its taste. Some recreational users prefer glass for its effects (I'm looking at you, @subway13029 !). Most medicinal users looking for sedative effects or pain relief will prefer the glass core.

I'm really hoping the teflon core at max temp (through a small bubbler or J hook) will have enough of the sedative effects I look for in the evening. Is there a significant difference between the teflon core (with the decarb ring) and the glass core in terms of conduction?

I'm also hoping that if the teflon core on its own isn't enough, that buying the decarb ring and dropping it in during my evening sessions will be similar to the glass core.

Thoughts?

JJ Cool F,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm really hoping the teflon core at max temp (through a small bubbler or J hook) will have enough of the sedative effects I look for in the evening. Is there a significant difference between the teflon core (with the decarb ring) and the glass core in terms of conduction?

I'm also hoping that if the teflon core on its own isn't enough, that buying the decarb ring and dropping it in during my evening sessions will be similar to the glass core.

Thoughts?

Like @subway13029 said, you will be fine with the teflon. The taste difference is much more pronounced than the effects. At the end of the day it's still about the herbs we put in there...

sixstringsmash

So minivap just got in touch with me about my core switching question. They apologized about the delay in response which was nice of them and told me I would be able to switch the glass core out for the teflon core no problem! Unfortunately they won't refund me back the extra thirty dollars I spent on the glass core but it's not the end of the world. I'm just glad I was able to rectify this!

JJ Cool F

So minivap just got in touch with me about my core switching question. They apologized about the delay in response which was nice of them and told me I would be able to switch the glass core out for the teflon core no problem! Unfortunately they won't refund me back the extra thirty dollars I spent on the glass core but it's not the end of the world. I'm just glad I was able to rectify this!

Ask them to throw in the decarb ring to make up the difference!

JJ Cool F,

Smknbud

I have the decarb kit myself. I forgot who here made the suggestion of just using the smaller of the two rings from the decarb kit along with the larger teflon ring, but it's the way I've used it since it was suggested.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have the decarb kit myself. I forgot who here made the suggestion of just using the smaller of the two rings from the decarb kit along with the larger teflon ring, but it's the way I've used it since it was suggested.

That was me @Smknbud .
My old MV is still running the same way as well!

Wonder what the new QC units are like?
Cannot wait to test mine once it arrives!

Smknbud

That was me @Smknbud .
My old MV is still running the same way as well!

Wonder what the new QC units are like?
Cannot wait to test mine once it arrives!

Well, all I'm expecting, and all that I want really, is the faster heat times and resultant extended battery. The MV site blog about the QC also claims these units should have better air flow, that would be another plus.

I'm looking forward to test sessions myself @lazylathe

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
i wish i could have afforded a new batt saving/ quick heating mini during the sale but i can't afford it... it is my daily driver and my battery is taking a dive.

going to have to bite the bullet soon.

FlyingLow,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
lol i have it but refuse to use it. if im wired i prefer the nano but for session like mv i like to be unconnected and moving about the shop

FlyingLow,
Reactions: biohacker

AK47

Guys, did anybody got a Shipping confirmation already??

My status is still on Processing...

I can´t wait anymore for my new Teflon-QC

AK47,

abcd5432

How much did u pay for the MiniVap now...I missed the sale :( Is 389,00 EUR still a good price for portable?
No? We all paid a lot more originally I'd imagine. The sales are just great now. Id ask sticksstones about a Christmas sale or wait til 420 if you can for a sale. Otherwise if you need it now.... I'd get it. I paid $420 for mine last year and was ready to spend more on a glass core til this sale. It's worth it in my opinion just on weed you save if you don't own a vaporizer

Thoughts?
It will.... I went to sleep at 9pm last night directly after a bowl. I woke up at 1 am and smoked another. Was right back to sleep. Teflon at max temp with decarb will put ya to sleep if that's your goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

AK47

How much did u pay for the MiniVap now...I missed the sale :( Is 389,00 EUR still a good price for portable?

389€ is still a good price for this awesome vape, I paid 469€ for the portable at Dec. 2013.

AK47,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Still not received any shipping notice although I choosed the free shipping option....

PPN,

JJ Cool F

Still not received any shipping notice although I choosed the free shipping option....

I think it's fair to expect a slight delay in processing these orders on what was probably one of the busiest weekends of sales Hermes has ever had (thanks, 50% discount!).

I'd be happy to have it in my hands before Christmas, although I'm sure it will arrive next week some time.

sixstringsmash

I think it's fair to expect a slight delay in processing these orders on what was probably one of the busiest weekends of sales Hermes has ever had (thanks, 50% discount!).

I'd be happy to have it in my hands before Christmas, although I'm sure it will arrive next week some time.

I've been speaking with Patricia at minivap over email and she notified me that they're going to have a couple delays with shipping because of the Black Friday sale. Seeing as it seems a few people have gotten their package shipped already I can't imagine the delay will be long though :)

On another note I have been able to successfully change my order from a QC glass to a QC teflon(thank god), and they're even throwing in the decarb kit on top of it all! I just wanted to say that so far Patricia and the minivap team have really been very helpful in assisting me with fixing my order.

tepictoton

I was just told that my blue teflon QC has been shipped, and seeing I am located in Spain, should arrive tomorrow!

Wanted to give a special thanks to @stickstones for telling us about the special offer.

Many vapes have passed by since I sold my minivap about four years ago, but I cannot express how happy I am to get to get close to this little, in my opinion fairly underappreciated (mostly because of the high price tag), BEAST of a vaporizer.

Now hope all of you get the same message and soon we can discus our favourite ways to spend time with our new favourite toy.

JJ Cool F

I've been speaking with Patricia at minivap over email and she notified me that they're going to have a couple delays with shipping because of the Black Friday sale. Seeing as it seems a few people have gotten their package shipped already I can't imagine the delay will be long though :)

On another note I have been able to successfully change my order from a QC glass to a QC teflon(thank god), and they're even throwing in the decarb kit on top of it all! I just wanted to say that so far Patricia and the minivap team have really been very helpful in assisting me with fixing my order.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to your comparison with and without the decarb ring during a session. Having chosen (perhaps stupidly in hindsight) not to order one, I'm also hoping it doesn't make a huge difference to the vape signature. Highest temp through glass should surely get the job done?

Top Bottom