• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

abcd5432

Awesome! I'm looking forward to your comparison with and without the decarb ring during a session. Having chosen (perhaps stupidly in hindsight) not to order one, I'm also hoping it doesn't make a huge difference to the vape signature. Highest temp through glass should surely get the job done?
You can't use a decarb ring with a glass core so you're not stupid!
Highest temp through glass is hotter than highest temp through teflon+decarb
My guess is that part of the point of the glass core was to more thoroughly decarb the buds. I'm pretty sure it says that on the site. The teflon just is supposed to be a better flavor signature. I'll let ya know how I feel when I get mine. I'm sure others who have both can tell you. I already want a quick core teflon. In a pretty color. I want a color vape :(

Radiocitysuicide

You can't use a decarb ring with a glass core so you're not stupid!
Highest temp through glass is hotter than highest temp through teflon+decarb
My guess is that part of the point of the glass core was to more thoroughly decarb the buds. I'm pretty sure it says that on the site. The teflon just is supposed to be a better flavor signature. I'll let ya know how I feel when I get mine. I'm sure others who have both can tell you. I already want a quick core teflon. In a pretty color. I want a color vape :(

I think he meant using the teflon core with a glass water tool.

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: JJ Cool F

tepictoton

Fired up my new blue MiniVap...

straight to red

waited I guess about 3min, said ***k it...

Loaded about .1gram in the small basket, put the screen on top and insert it in the flexicone.

By the time I did this I was super surprised to see the red light has already become solid!!! Back in the old days, hihi, I remember waiting for solid red many minutes, sometimes till the end of times it would feel.

So, two little baskets later on the flavour train and here I am smiling at my screen. Oh how I missed the signature this vaporizer gives...

biohacker

Way to go bro! The first QC review goes to you! Amazing how times flies and things come around again, good to see you here, and loving it just as much as your first!

I was hoping for 2 mins to red (as advertised), but it's certainly better than 8min+!

Can't wait to try that signature! Please do keep us posted on your experiences!

tepictoton

I am quite sure that it gets to the lowest temp in 2 min!

Already backed down to green, want to get some stuff done today LOL

tepictoton,
Reactions: biohacker

Radiocitysuicide

Way to go bro! The first QC review goes to you! Amazing how times flies and things come around again, good to see you here, and loving it just as much as your first!

I was hoping for 2 mins to red (as advertised), but it's certainly better than 8min+!

Can't wait to try that signature! Please do keep us posted on your experiences!

Maybe the glass core heats up a little faster?

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: biohacker

sixstringsmash

Maybe the glass core heats up a little faster?

Unless they changed it up when they made the quick cores, the glass core is actually going to take a little longer to heat up than the teflon core. This is taken copy and pasted from their website:

The glass air-path absorbs more energy, so heating times and power consumption are slightly higher.

Radiocitysuicide

Unless they changed it up when they made the quick cores, the glass core is actually going to take a little longer to heat up than the teflon core. This is taken copy and pasted from their website:

The glass air-path absorbs more energy, so heating times and power consumption are slightly higher.

I see well that's not it then lol

tepictoton

Still not sure if this happened for real...I mean, with the discount, it is hard to believe that not more members made use of it.

Many probably just skip this thread because of the price tag for this vape, I sure feel lucky to have seen the post from stickstones and make use of the discount.

At 259,59 euros, shipped, this was a deal that I could not resist, and I am still having a hard time believing it hihi.

For me personally it has been four years ago when I last used my minivap, and the truth is, I missed it a lot. But for me, as for many others, the normal price tag is way out of my reach. With the discount however it could be had cheaper then a whole lot of other portables...

Have been mostly using the little basket, starting at green now, finishing it at red. When doing this it becomes really clear how well this thing functions, and how well the temps are calibrated. So when no more vapor is released on green I bump it to red, and I can take a few more draws that produce nice vapor.

The smaller white mouthpiece is what I am using for now. The flexicone+, with the large tubing, seems to actually get hotter then the short one? Maybe I should try with the tubing and the small white mouthpiece plugged in at the end of the tubing?

I used to have a mod that kinda created an 18mm male glass mouthpiece, letting me hook up the minivap to water tools. That will be my new mission, maybe I should contact @Ratchett (just hoping shipping to Europe will not kill me LOL, ps ratchett on another note, do you know of Kanesis, printing material made from hemp, have been testing it with a friend, please check it, would love to be the first to order something you printed with hemp) , if I am correct he might have a better solution?

Have tried a few times with the flexicone in a 14mm male bong, but seems like I cannot get it to seal properly, giving me airy hits.

Let it run till battery was death yesterday (came half charged more or less), and noticed charging still takes exactly one hour. Seeing that gives you (not timed it myself yet, according to the info from minivap) 3 plus hours of use, I would say that is not bad at all!

The only thing I did not like about my old minivap was the very long heat-up times. I am still amazed at how fast it goes to solid red now. It does not feel like I have to waith for anything. Turn it on, grind herb and fill basket, insert in lid and close. Start drawing! Most of the times it was at solid red before I started my draw, sometimes it was still blinking. Even when starting to draw with the blinking lights, the heater would soon catch up and the light would go solid.

There is a lot of talk in the threads of the newer convection portables about the need to do a ´primer´ draw. With the minivap, sure the first hit starts of light, but if one has the lungs for it, after a few seconds one can feel the temperature of the air that passes trough climbing. I always exhale vapor on my first draw!

Still so amazed at how this thing functions. Also about how fast one can take the basket out after a session. This shows clearly that this beast works almost exclusively with convection in this set-up. The ABV always comes out all of the same colour, and does not have this distinct conduction smell to it. Under a microscope one can easily see that (most of) the actives are gone. I will start saving up my ABV to make edibles. I am sure it might make good night time medicine.

Things I would like to see different:
a smaller battery,
a usb port for charging,
or a usb charging cable. By just changing the charging cable for one that can be plugged into a usb port one could possibly hook it up to an external battery pack and run it of that? Maybe even run it with the power base, skipping the battery altogether?
A top lid / mouthpiece that is easily hooked up to a bong.
A program that would let you start at lowest temp, and during the session will slowly highten the temperature (kinda like smart paths from davinci iq)

abcd5432

Are you using the long tube with the 14mm male bong or the short tube?
Because it works PERFECTLY for me. I get wrecked and it's air tight. I yam that thing in there though. Pics would be useful, I think I have some pics of how I use mine with that setup.

I just ordered the glass adapter to use with the 14mm male bongs for the delrin adapter. WE'll have to see how that goes.

I've saved all my ABV for a year now.
I don't even have 1 jar full of it yet.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
These early reports of the new QV are making my VAS itch. That half off deal was smoking, but I told
myself I didn't need a 2nd Minivap just to save some heat up time and maybe to have a glass core in addition to the teflon. But the heat up time is my biggest hangup with it. The battery lasting longer is nice too. Starting to have some non-buyer remorse.

JJ Cool F

Still not sure if this happened for real...I mean, with the discount, it is hard to believe that not more members made use of it.

Many probably just skip this thread because of the price tag for this vape, I sure feel lucky to have seen the post from stickstones and make use of the discount.

At 259,59 euros, shipped, this was a deal that I could not resist, and I am still having a hard time believing it hihi.

For me personally it has been four years ago when I last used my minivap, and the truth is, I missed it a lot. But for me, as for many others, the normal price tag is way out of my reach. With the discount however it could be had cheaper then a whole lot of other portables...

Have been mostly using the little basket, starting at green now, finishing it at red. When doing this it becomes really clear how well this thing functions, and how well the temps are calibrated. So when no more vapor is released on green I bump it to red, and I can take a few more draws that produce nice vapor.

The smaller white mouthpiece is what I am using for now. The flexicone+, with the large tubing, seems to actually get hotter then the short one? Maybe I should try with the tubing and the small white mouthpiece plugged in at the end of the tubing?

I used to have a mod that kinda created an 18mm male glass mouthpiece, letting me hook up the minivap to water tools. That will be my new mission, maybe I should contact @Ratchett (just hoping shipping to Europe will not kill me LOL, ps ratchett on another note, do you know of Kanesis, printing material made from hemp, have been testing it with a friend, please check it, would love to be the first to order something you printed with hemp) , if I am correct he might have a better solution?

Have tried a few times with the flexicone in a 14mm male bong, but seems like I cannot get it to seal properly, giving me airy hits.

Let it run till battery was death yesterday (came half charged more or less), and noticed charging still takes exactly one hour. Seeing that gives you (not timed it myself yet, according to the info from minivap) 3 plus hours of use, I would say that is not bad at all!

The only thing I did not like about my old minivap was the very long heat-up times. I am still amazed at how fast it goes to solid red now. It does not feel like I have to waith for anything. Turn it on, grind herb and fill basket, insert in lid and close. Start drawing! Most of the times it was at solid red before I started my draw, sometimes it was still blinking. Even when starting to draw with the blinking lights, the heater would soon catch up and the light would go solid.

There is a lot of talk in the threads of the newer convection portables about the need to do a ´primer´ draw. With the minivap, sure the first hit starts of light, but if one has the lungs for it, after a few seconds one can feel the temperature of the air that passes trough climbing. I always exhale vapor on my first draw!

Still so amazed at how this thing functions. Also about how fast one can take the basket out after a session. This shows clearly that this beast works almost exclusively with convection in this set-up. The ABV always comes out all of the same colour, and does not have this distinct conduction smell to it. Under a microscope one can easily see that (most of) the actives are gone. I will start saving up my ABV to make edibles. I am sure it might make good night time medicine.

Things I would like to see different:
a smaller battery,
a usb port for charging,
or a usb charging cable. By just changing the charging cable for one that can be plugged into a usb port one could possibly hook it up to an external battery pack and run it of that? Maybe even run it with the power base, skipping the battery altogether?
A top lid / mouthpiece that is easily hooked up to a bong.
A program that would let you start at lowest temp, and during the session will slowly highten the temperature (kinda like smart paths from davinci iq)

This is the kind of post I love to see. A+

abcd5432

These early reports of the new QV are making my VAS itch. That half off deal was smoking, but I told
myself I didn't need a 2nd Minivap just to save some heat up time and maybe to have a glass core in addition to the teflon. But the heat up time is my biggest hangup with it. The battery lasting longer is nice too. Starting to have some non-buyer remorse.
I mean why would you not buy another one?
The prices were the lowest ever. What if your current Minivap broke?
How do you like the Grasshopper in comparison to the Minivap? I'm thinking of getting a Grasshopper once they get their act together. I really want a vape like that to hit the quality of the minivap some time soon.

I guess you have a ton of other vapes so I see why you wouldn't want to. But since the minivap is my favorite, I got another.

Like right now, there is a 70% chance I shouldn't be vaping. But, I turned down the temps off red, put it through a bigger bong, and it feels great....

Maybe I shouldn't use red all the time....

abcd5432,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ill be shipping usps priority mail when they get here. It's possible it should be getting to the lowest temp in two minutes and i fucked up thinking red...i'll check on it. The test unit i got a while back got to red in less than two minutes, but i know some changes were made since then.

@c76man you will be able to purchase an upgrade like before that can get you the quick core tech cheapest.

stickstones,
Reactions: c76man

biohacker

How do you like the Grasshopper in comparison to the Minivap? I'm thinking of getting a Grasshopper once they get their act together. I really want a vape like that to hit the quality of the minivap some time soon.

I love my GH's, they fit a niche perfectly....the convection is awesome, but I don't think you will get it to hit like the quality of a MV. I think they will compliment eachother perfectly for me for convection heating.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
@c76man you will be able to purchase an upgrade like before that can get you the quick core tech cheapest.

Batteries, base, etc from the last generation are compatible, right? I was thinking of just getting a new core for a backup and to have the option of teflon and glass.

@abcd5432 I agree with @biohacker that the MV vapor quality is better than the Grasshopper. Much better in fact. For me personally, the GH vapor is a bit too hot for my taste. But with the quick heat up time and form-factor of the GH, I live with that compromise in certain situations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom