MiniVAP Vaporizer

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Or a long while... I really hope they can lower the price on this unit in the future as it becomes more popular/economy of scale get's bigger.

IMO they must but perhaps they just can't afford it...Europe is too expensive (considering this is made in Spain no?)

But it costs more than a cloud...you can actually get a cloud and a solo for the same price is that correct?

m0sh,

justcametomind

Lord Knows the MiniVape looks amazing , But I don't know any mmj users that can afford it.
Many medical users afford themselves a Volcano that's quite on the same price range. MV came out recently and (discounted) costs 469€, when Volcano costs about 400€ and it's out since forever at the same price.

justcametomind,
Reactions: Roger D

vorrange

Vapor.wise
IMO they must but perhaps they just can't afford it...Europe is too expensive (considering this is made in Spain no?)

But it costs more than a cloud...you can actually get a cloud and a solo for the same price is that correct?

Cloud with glass mouthpiece: 450USD - 336€
MiniVAP w/o battery: 370€ - 495USD

Cloud with cheapest HT: 550USD - 411€
MiniVAP w/ battery: 470€ - 628USD

In short, you can't.

EDIT: minivap are with a launching promotion price.. real price is 550€ and 440€.

Many medical users afford themselves a Volcano that's quite on the same price range. MV came out recently and (discounted) costs 469€, when Volcano costs about 400€ and it's out since forever at the same price.

I'm willing to bet that there are more people that can't afford the 400€ than the ones who can, either it is a minivap, a volcano or another vaporizer with the medical community in mind.

For the ones who can afford it, it is worth it. The miniVAP at least. ;)

vorrange,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
NOT mmj users in the southern USA with terminal or catastrophic Illnesses that I Know. They Keep us
poor. Not bitchin, about it Just saying . I would love to try one. euro and Canadian prices always look better.

also would never think of a Volcano as a medical device more of a party Vape for herb quantity and Bags.
Great to Just get High , if thats what you consider medicating.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
More about the temperature control technology :

The MV analyzes each of your pulls precisely, and correlate to core and external temp. The regulation is precise because it has been programmed to react to a lot of different patterns. That is why the extraction is so amazing. The device predicts everything.

Did you guys knew ?

Amazed everyday. I don't know if even the cloud integrates such tech (pull sensor). Apparently this was one of the toughest parts in the R&D, and they are still working on improving the software.

well, i just assumed everybody used a PID algorithm (proportional, integrative, derivative) for heater control -- maybe they are also reading air velocity, but really, it seems (to me) just reading the heater delivery temperature provides all the needed information. Because then it's just a matter of reading the sensor fast enough, and having enough battery current to drive the heater, to maintain the set temperature.

i think MV uses LiFePO4 battery -- which can definitely deliver the current.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Tweek

justcametomind

NOT mmj users in the southern USA with terminal or catastrophic Illnesses that I Know. They Keep us
poor. Not bitchin, about it Just saying . I would love to try one. euro and Canadian prices always look better.

also would never think of a Volcano as a medical device more of a party Vape for herb quantity and Bags.
Great to Just get High , if thats what you consider medicating.
AFAIK the Volcano is the iPhone of vaporizers to many, even if you look at medical cannabis documentaries the only vape you can see is a Volcano. And I'm sorry but not being in a medical state (nor nation) I have seen medicating MMJ patients only in documentaries or in forums like this. I know many people who could benefit from MJ (my father has glaucoma and a form of arthritis) but here it's illegal even to talk about this by medical personnel.
They Keep us poor.
I agree with you on this. In a better world cannabis should cost no more than rosemary, and vaporizers no more than electric toothbrushes.
And the MiniVap should be developed by some Healt Ministry with public funds, not by a single guy in Spain.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
justcametomind, I Really do think the miniVapes developer did do a great job making this ,at least from
what I've read . He put medical use first I Believe. I Also do know it cost For R&D and production cost + think my comments on its price was more a "sour grapes" kinda thing.
I am also not in a legal mmj state so Its good that most people here have only think of valcanos when they think of vapes helps keep other vapes discreet if they expect a bag or whip on a table and not in the palm of my hand or in my pocket. Peace and Happy Vapin' too ya.

RUDE BOY,

justcametomind

Hi, my MV arrived just now. Will try later. does anybody have an English complete manual of the unit? It arrived today but on MV site if I'm not wrong the complete guide is only in spanish.
Thanks.

justcametomind,

vape4life

Banned for life
It didn't come with a hard copy in english? I'm very eager to hear your review dude, I was thinking about getting a new "Cloud Plus", but I think the MiniVAP will be a much more suitable vaporizer for me especially based on all the latest feedback.

vape4life,

justcametomind

I don't know maybe he just forgot. I would be fine with a PDF in English but I can read a little spanish too. We'll see. I was shipped yesterday and arrived today though (EU to EU).
I got 3 short "plastic" mouthpieces, 2 silicon tubes, some metal screens. The liquid pad is made of that pressed metal wire material that's also inside Volcano or Plenty (maybe pressed harder).
Now the battery is charging. I also received a little bubbler from Pipe's Daddy, at last.
Here are my purchases (MBLF and DoyouDab Titanium nail at the bottom were already here).
GeoWSLq.jpg

I'm set!

vape4life

Banned for life
Sticks, looks like the quick start manual is in english/spanish, but the actual user manual is in Spanish ONLY.

I wonder if Google Chrome Translater would help?

vape4life,

justcametomind

From the invoice i read my unit has firmare v. 3.2b.
Is it the famous "2013" model? Any other customer has something different?

justcametomind,

vape4life

Banned for life
The 2013 model isn't released yet. I'm still debating whether it's worth it to spend the extra $140 for the battery pack and car charger. The home kit (no battery) is actually cheaper than a Cloud, and the main reason I want to support this company is because they stand behind their product more than any manufacturer I know.

60 day money back guarantee and 3 year warranty

WHO else offers that??? Massive amount of respect.

vape4life,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
MV Creator said:
I have being reading the last comments about MV in FC, some people was asking about how hard is the case of the MV.

The case is made from aluminum tube with a thickness of 1.5mm. It is rectified 100-200microms to eliminate surface scratches from extrusion, transportation and manufacturing. The next process is to anodize, this makes the piece harder and adds the color. Anodizing makes a oxidation layer of 20-30microms increasing hardness and avoiding finger print (depending on the color and tone of matte/brightness). Then the every piece is laser marked with an individual serial number. All this processes are made in tooling workshops of the Basque country (Guipuzcoa). Everybody should know that when buying a MV they help and support this area against recession.

The silver units are matted more than the color ones (black, the last bright golds...) but hardness is similar. Silver is not really silver but the natural color of the aluminum with a transparent oxidation layer. If some scratches are made you don't see much because the color of the scratch is the same as oxidation and aluminum.

We are thinking on making special series by using a hard anodize. This penetrates 200microms and makes the aluminum incredibly hard. Although the aspect(surface texture) is homogeneous but very rough, aesthetically ugly (depending on tastes). It looks like an industrial gear or a weapon.

Someone said in the forum that the plastic of the case is Ultem (if the case was made from Ultem, only the cost of case would be like the whole vaporizer) Ultem is really really good, but very expensive. The plastic of the case is a kind of flexible abs. The only plastics make with Ultem are the mouth pieces. People could flame (burn with a lighter) one of the MV mouth pieces and see what is going on.

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Roger, nice to hear that Jorge reads this thread. Hopefully when he has more time he will develop a forum presence here himself. I could help him eliminate the time he requires to answer the many emails he receives.

I'm getting more and more excited about this vape, like I did when I first found out about it, since i'm now over the price.

vape4life,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The 2013 model isn't released yet. I'm still debating whether it's worth it to spend the extra $140 for the battery pack and car charger. The home kit (no battery) is actually cheaper than a Cloud, and the main reason I want to support this company is because they stand behind their product more than any manufacturer I know.

60 day money back guarantee and 3 year warranty

WHO else offers that??? Massive amount of respect.

3 Years on what?

Solo has lifetime on machine (2 years for battery)

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
Sorry Mosh you are incorrect. The Solo has a 2 year warranty (ceramic heater is lifetime), and the battery is 1 year.

Not exactly sure what is covered for 3 years on the MiniVap, but i'm more impressed by the 60 day satisfaction guarentee. That's fucking confidence! Seriously, if i'm not happy, I don't have to lose $ listing in the Classifieds. I still can't even believe it, this manufacturer is the ONLY one in the industry that does this I do believe.

vape4life,
Reactions: Crohnie

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Sticks, looks like the quick start manual is in english/spanish, but the actual user manual is in Spanish ONLY.

I wonder if Google Chrome Translater would help?

Since the PDF does not actually contain any text, rather just an image of a scanned page, there is nothing to copy/paste into the translator.

Fortunately, I have access to some heavy duty OCR software so I will try to transpose the manual into text and make a translation.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Sorry Mosh you are incorrect. The Solo has a 2 year warranty (ceramic heater is lifetime), and the battery is 1 year.

Not exactly sure what is covered for 3 years on the MiniVap, but i'm more impressed by the 60 day satisfaction guarentee. That's fucking confidence! Seriously, if i'm not happy, I don't have to lose $ listing in the Classifieds. I still can't even believe it, this manufacturer is the ONLY one in the industry that does this I do believe.

They can afford to take such a risk, the product is so good, once you tried it there is no way back. Actually, you think more about getting another one for backup than sending anything back.

Actually I'm glad they showed such confidence, that helped me pull the trigger.

Top Bottom